Newbie!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Angie090465 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi guys,

I am just about to embark on the Fast diet and I was wondering if someone could answer a wee question for me or gimme a little advice. I train 5 times a week a mixture of weights and cardio (I have only been doing this the past 2 weeks) and have been researching the Fast diet for a while and feel this is deffo the way I want to go. Anyway…my question is – I take diet wehy protein shake in the morning after training and I was wondering would this still be ok to take on a fast day? I normally have the shake say about 8am and then would have 2 egg whites for breakfast at 9.30am – the shake works out at about 91 Cals and I was thinking it should still be ok to have on a fast day as long as I count it in with my 500 cals. Could anyone give me some advice on this – I think it would be ok but just want to make sure I’m doing things right!! Thanks a mil in advance peeps 😉

hi Claire and welcome!
    I am quite new to this forum but been doing 5.2 since July, sounds to me like you are doing everything right, as for the shake I don’t see why not as its low cal, but maybe someone else can advise you better lol!

good luck and all the best for the new year!! and happy fasting 🙂

Angie x

Hey Claire!
    Actually I’m wondering why you take the protein shake the day after training? Your body rebuilds and recuperates during the night, so I’d take your shake before going to bed rather than the next day!!

Otherwise yeah it’s fine, just log it with your cals 🙂

Hi Angie, Many thanks for your advice – how are you finding 5.2? Was it difficult to start with? Im starting my first Fasting day on Monday and really looking forward to it – my husband is also giving it a go – he suffers from high cholesterol so I think this would be awesome for him to do.

Hi Nikka – did I say I take my shake the day after training LOL – No I meant I take it when I finish training at 8am and then when I get to work at 9.30 would have egg whites.

Thank you both billions for the advice – can’t wait to get started now 😉

hi ClaireboLinto

thanks for your message, well I have been doing 5.2 for 6 months now, the first few fasts were difficult but it does get easier I promise, I find myself actually looking forward to a fast now 🙂

gradually your appetite will reduce too so all the goodies you dream about on fast days, well, when the day comes you find you don’t really want them, or not as much!!

I am very boring when it comes to meals on fast days and tend to eat the same things lol, I keep most of my cals for the evening but I do use some during the day, I really admire fasters who go through all day without food!!

anyway I am sure you will be fine and do great on this, and knowing you are not alone does help a lot!!
    I am fasting today so I am keeping busy, I always make chores day fall on a fast day lol!!
    I also walk an hour a day with my dogs… this morning we got drenched grrrr

happy fasting and good luck ! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.