New Veggie –

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi everyone I am veggie, 65 and need to lose A LOT of weight, but I have so confused myself thinking of which diet to try, I literally have a headache and feeling rather down.

For about 2 days I thought of low carb,as it seems good effective way to avoid diabetes ( I am worried I may develop this if I don’t lose) but I just can’t stick just eating eggs and cheese etc.

I am wondering about going for low GI, I make my own cereal from jumbo oats and chopped nuts/seeds. Then perhaps calorie counting on NF days? Eating lots of veg/salad and protein eggs/cheese/little quorn? On fast days I wouldn’t eat until late morning, would have hard boiled eggs at work, and Marigold Bouillon, and a big salad later with cottage cheese.

I don’t enjoy cooking. I have eaten snacks and junk food for years, stuipid and terrible I know,partly I eat for emotional reasons. Trying to get to grips at my age is hard but I really hope not impossible, I am fed up of being like this. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Hi annie and welcome:

I suggest you do 5:2 for a couple of months without worrying about what foods you are eating. 5:2 helps most people that do it properly to decide how and what they want to eat. So just focus on doing two diet days properly each week and see what happens – you may be pleasantly surprised!

Here is some information that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/.

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.