New starter?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hello
    I have been recommended the 5:2 diet i would love to start however i have a couple of questions and i wondered if someone could help me?

Do the fast days need to be together?
    What things can you eat on your non fast days? can you really eat whatever you want or do you need to count calories?

I have recently lost 12 st with another plan, however i have gained back 2st and i have tried getting back on plan but i cannt seem to do it so was going to give this a go.

I am part way through The Fast Diet book and would definitely recommend you read it, it’ll answer all your questions and more.

If you want a more rapid response then all the info is on the website, it’ll explain how many calories to eat on fasting days and how many specific to you (based on sex, age, height, weight and activity level) that you should eat on non-fasting days.

Good luck

Hi Sadieb74 – welcome! You’ll find people are very friendly, helpful and supportive on these forums. Feel free to ask any questions you have, but this discussion link has lots of good information for newbies: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

If you’re looking for support as you start 5:2, you may wish to consider joining the discussion at the December Challenge (https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/december-2017-challenge/) being hosted this month by the uber-supportive @bert1802.

Good luck!

Welcome, Sadieb. Was 5:2 suggested by a doctor or by a friend? If by your MD, questions could go there. As Crafty says, do read the book: to get the details and the philosophy. It is short and makes a good read.

In our house, we Fast on Mondays and Thursdays. That means we ingest 600 calories each of those 2 days. Some people do consecutive days, it is up to you and your schedule.
    No, you can’t pig 0ut and eat ANYTHING on Slow Days. Some people do the 2 Fast Days and find that they lose no weight. When they begin to monitor what they eat on Slow Days, they find it is too much and make changes.

I have compiled many recipes for Fast Days. If you click my name and go to my profile, you will find a link to them.
    Good luck. Keep us posted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.