This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  IrenaK 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hey everyone. This is Lindel, and I am the new member of this group.

Best of luck with it Lindel.

You may find this link useful https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Hi Lindel, Hi Mr Data

I want to lost 6 to 8 kgs by September so help!!! Already I failed yesterday because I met a few friends and who could resist champagne

If it helps I lost 8kg in the first 3 months of being on 5:2 from 3rd Feb 13 to 5th June 2013. I just followed the original 5:2 guidance. I’ve stuck with it ever since. Back on 03/02/2013 my BMI was 27.0 – today it is 22.8 and I’m 15 kg lighter than my starting weight.

Choose fast days and food choices on those days which work for you, otherwise it isn’t sustainable. Treat it as a marathon, not a sprint.

Best of luck.

Sorry – meant 5th May, not June. Doh!

Hi Yesterday was FD1 and had 10 berries and a Danone pot of yoghurt, a small tin of springwater tuna and some leaves then 100gms of steak with a Thai coleslaw of white, red cabbage, carrot, spring onion, mint and coriander with fish sauce, sugar and lime. Today I had the same breakfast then some spaghetti bol and feel great to have done the first FD. My FD2 will be Weds. I hope to lose a pound weekly.

IreanaK – I found it best not to have any “exact” weekly expectations.
    Since I knew this was going to be a long term different way of eating for me – my only goal was to “lose something” that week. I didn’t care if it was 0.1 lbs or a full pound or more.
    I started my 5/2 WOE in mid-Jan this year and have lost 24 lbs so far (209–>185).
    It works. And I think slow and patient is the best attitude.
    Peace,
    E

Hi It´s IrenaK. Thank you for the advice since last week was a disaster. I managed to go with 500 calories only and then had 3 glasses of wine and a whisky. So today I am trying again. I will try your advice and see what I weigh at the end of the week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.