New here, need to loose 5 stone

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Hi 🙂

I’m 23 and desperate to loose wight. 3 years ago I went from being between 8-9 stone (the weight I’d always been and maintained with no issues) to 13 stone.

I injured my back a few years ago, which is when I put on the weight.

I’ve also started thyroxine for hypothyroidism 2 months ago. Sadly so far I’ve seen no result. The only way I have seen results is by exercising every day and eating below 1000 calories (which my doctor didn’t seem bothered about as I am a receptionist so have a sedentary job). I cut out all carbs and fat and basically ate protein, just getting carbs and fat from the protein. I lost 3 kg in a week however I expressed my concern to my doctor that I couldn’t maintain this surely.

She recommended this diet..

Hi hobnob93 welcome! Your story sounds similar to mine, when i was 26/27 i was 8-9stone and now I turned 30 this year I’m over 11 stones 🙁 unfortunately mine is from stress and self neglect so I do not have a real reason like you. I’m sorry to hear how difficult it has been but I can definitely recommend this regimen. It’s amazing, and works. Unfortunately I just did stick to it. If you want to learn more about it you can purchase the book for a few pounds on amazon. Otherwise there’s lots of guidance on here.

Have you any thoughts about your fast days, what foods you’ll consume etc? Im happy to support, I need encouragement too, this is only my first day back to fasting.

Hi hobnob,

5:2 works if you do it properly. Describe what you would eat in a typical day. This is what I did. Get rid of all sugar!! No cakes, chocolate, ice cream treats. No sugary drinks. Get rid of all grain based foods like bread, pasta, pizza. No rice. No breakfast cereals, they are pure crap. Get your carbs from veggies. No potatoes. No fruit juice. Only real whole fruit and in limited quantities. Go for your berry type fruits. No bananas. Don’t be scared of fats. High fat low sugar yogurt. Avocadoes. Protein like tuna and chicken. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts. Drink 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before each meal.

Good luck.

good advice 🙂 can you tell me more about apple cider vinegar please bigbooty?

To aid weight loss you need to keep your blood glucose levels as low as possible. The lower the better as long as you don’t go below 3.9mmol/L. Published research has shown that ingesting apple cider vinegar prior to a meal will significantly lower blood glucose spikes as a result of eating carbs. High blood glucose is dangerous as the body likes to operate between strict lower and upper bounds. The body’s response is to produce insulin which is the signal hormone that tells the body to store excess glucose as fat. Not good if youre trying to lose weight.

I regularly drink apple cider vinegar off the spoon or add it to my salads. Be very careful with the brand that you buy. They even add sugar to vinegar. The worst example I came across had 55% sugar content!! In vinegar???

Thanks guys. I have the apple cider vinigre actually. The organic one with the mother in it.

Typical day:

Breakfast – – sometimes I’lle at two protein weatabix with skim milk/ almond milk, sometimes I don’t eat breakfast as I don’t get hungry. Normally have two black coffees with sugar free caramel syrup.

Lunch – Last two says had carrot, cucumber and peppers with humous and quorn chicken. Sometimes I have a tofu scramble (tofu, turmeric, salt, pepper, vegan worcestshire sauce). (about 50g tofu).

Dinner – some a tofu scramble again, sometimes me and my partner share a pizza (not take away), sometimes noodles. Really depends, isn’t very consistent.

Not saying I don’t have days where I snack but that’s a general idea. Recently haven’t been so strict because I was away. Today I have just eaten the veg & humous for lunch with two coffees, not really hungry. Today might be first ‘fast’ day..

Exercise is normally 25 minutes cardio on my cross trainer.

That sounds like a great start! I think it is difficult if you deprive your calorie intake 7 days a week, so if you stick to 500 for 2 days, then use the TDEE calculator on this website to work out your allowance on non fast days. It may be slower but perhaps more sustainable?

It sounds like you do not have many calories as day as it is so you may find this regimen straight forward for 2 days of the week!

@bigbooty that’s crazy! happy to see that it is research backed, can you please recommend a particular brand? many thanks, will purchase this 🙂 theres a history of diabetes in my family so i need to be careful, thanks again

Mazzetti organic apple cider vinegar. Has a very nice taste. Just make sure its the one with less than 1% sugar content. A few of them have added sugar for salad dressings which you don’t want.

hobnob,

Sounds like your doing OK food wise. Just dive right in with the 5:2 concept. Pizza is probably a no no but in general sounds like youre on the right track.

great, thanks I’ll check if that is available in the UK

Hi hob and harp and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.