New girl – 38 lbs to lose

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
New girl – 38 lbs to lose

This topic contains 116 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  issu 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)

• Hello!

wow tapas make my mouth water… It’s my first fast in 2 weeks so I am struggling a bit! Well it didn’t go very well anyway, I will try again tomorrow. I blame all sugary things I ate last 2 weeks and bread. My body needs to get rid of those before I can relax and have it easy again. It’s almost like in the beginning, just without fear of dying of hunger πŸ˜€ I love rye bread, and call me weird i like it hard (but moist) did you use bread maker? I am half tempted to make one myself, but my bread maker is not working (hmmm may buy one for my hubby, he likes baking bread and will think I spend money on him for change πŸ˜‰ ) You definitely put me of octopus hahah!!!!!!!!!!!

I am still fighting this virus, I moved of the sofa few days ago, had a 10 m sprint with my 4 year old on sun and almost coughed my lungs out, and spit them out on the sand. It was spectacular 5 min coughing session, with me on my hands and knees in the middle of busy beach. You could imagine attention i was getting, even my son was worried and advised me not to race him again πŸ™‚ My house looks like a bomb hit it, as I had to take lots of pain killers to be able to stand up. so all I forced myself to do, was cooking dinners, and look after baby. Feeling s bit better everyday, I could have cleaned the house a bit today but chosen fine company in sunny beautiful gardens instead, last day of Easter hols for my son so we went out to enjoy it.

I had no appetite, ate chicken broth and chocolate only, for about 5 days, slowly forcing some other foods down (yesterday I ate about half a loath of bread, with whole jar of pate, lots of fruit, whole packet of pistachio nuts, 2 crumpets with plum preserve, 2 chocolate crispy rice nests ( thats what I get if i get my men lose in the kitchen!) slow roasted beef, chips and lots of gravy so improving obviously πŸ˜‰ )

I have spend long hours staring at computer screen trying to book holidays, still can’t decide which hotel we going to stay in, but if i want to make use of special offer I need to book it by tomorrow!

I don’t know if you experience it too, but I feel better person since I started fasting. it took few week before i could see the deference, but I am much calmer person now, less snappy, happier over all. I used to be like grizzly bear mother when I look back! I don’t shout anymore, if I feel like my boy is overstepping my patience (never going to be very patient person!) I calmly say I am close to getting cross and it freaking works wonders! I am sure this must be something to do with sugar levels, and hormones!?

wish me better fast tomorrow! xx

I’ve reached a big milestone! 52 kg BMI 21, waist smaller than half of my height! I officially can perceive myself as slim, even if I stop where I am now I can live with the image I see in the mirror. All my trousers zip up comfortably without love handles. 6 lbs to go to get rid of stomach flab, I wonder if I manage to get there by my birthday 18th of June? That would be a present and a half πŸ™‚ slowly but surely, can’t wait for bikini season this year πŸ™‚ going to my friend’s wedding today. Normally camera shy but won’t be able to avoid it today, I am quite curious what I actually look like hehe. How is everybody else doing? Xxx

this my 2nd forum post…1st one deleted by mistake,thats so maddenning!!!…so thrilled that you’ve achieved those targets…hope you had a great time at the wedding i’m sure you will be knocked out by the photos…we never see ourselves as others see us and the camera does not lie :}…..bought a pedometer today,has taken me an hour to programme it ,and i deliberately chose the most simple[cheapest] one…so its 10,000 steps a day for me….heard dr michael mosley on the radio talking about exercise,the big killer is not fat,sugar,cigs or alcohol its the ARMCHAIR!!…keep at it..:}.

Yes I agree, sofa is a killer! Especially if you snacking while sitting on it too πŸ™‚ how you getting on with pedometer? I bought one year’s ago, used it for a week and forgot about it. May dig it back out… I’m back to work now, lots of getting used to standing and walking all day. I took your advice and make phone calls standing up not sitting in the office, and find myself wondering around while talking. Only Sat on the chair while writing emails. Over all 2 hours of sitting down, and 2 hours at home. Not bad for a 16 hour day! πŸ™‚ 10000 steps is hard even in my work which generally requires a lot of walking so let me know how you doing πŸ™‚ I didn’t see any photos of myself yet, but had fantastic time eating and drinking lots! 5 lbs left to the target! Determined now to see them go! Bought mimis New book, didn’t really learn that much, but it gave me idea of doing a raw food day once a week on non fast day. With my not so occasional binging on crap food it will top my veg intake nicely and will help with keeping the weight of once I get there. I said once that I am calmer since I started fasting… Well I run out of fish oil last week and didn’t buy more (I started taking it same time I started if). Withing a week my mood swing$ were bad as ever and all I ate was junk. So lesson learned! Fish oil is a must for me, even thou it adds 100 kcal each day (I don’t count those, still have however kcal it takes to have decent healthy meal at the end of the day! If i don’t eat till 6:30 pm I deserve nice meal with my boys! πŸ™‚ it worked great so far πŸ™‚ fasting at work is relatively easy, even though girls were scoffing doughnuts and kept offering me one every couple of hours. I get 1 hour lunch brake so went for a black coffee to coffee shop next door and took a walk instead πŸ™‚ happy 10000 steps day to you! πŸ™‚

hey issu and all…good to see you back at work…retirement is great but more time to focus on food…have lost the plot lately so on a fast day today,breakky then wll leave hubby a meal and go out to look around the shops..soup for tea and a pampering girly bathing session tonight..also apart from the first day 10,000 steps has gone straight out the window.so its a gym session for me.I take fish oil too,did not realise it could have an effect on mood swings..have gone back to dressmaking but was shocked at the sizing…the sizing on patterns has never changed..but i think we have all become aware that sizes in dress shops and boutiques are not quite right…its great to try on a “16” and it fits but if we go by the actual measurements the item is probably an 18 or 20..my size according to the pattern (42/34/44inches]is size 20…what a bummer….also have had my hair dyed bright plum..i get a shock each time i look in the mirror..i’m going to grow old disgracefully!!!!.enjoy work and stay fit..:].

hello Hungry!

did you have a good shopping trip? pampering girly bathing session sound so good!

I had 2 girly nights this week, both with too much vine involved. gonna live life, not let it go away… πŸ™‚

yes you are absolutely wright about measurements, I work for big British retailer (250 stores) and I am fully aware of ‘growing’ sizes, and more ‘accommodating cuts’ so clothes can fit more people. They also use lots of stretchy material (try to but non stretch jeans those days!?) it drives me bonkers. I kid myself i am a size small and then go back home, or visit my sister in France and get shocked I am 2 or 3 sizes bigger!!!!!!!!! shocked and filling crap every visit to the shops else where in Europe!

I know your pain with pedometer it’s great idea, but i never stuck to it…

still didn’t buy any fish oil so still bingeing on junk. All day goes fine but when I hit home all goes wrong. I have to try to stop eating carbs in the evening as my sugar levels crash quickly after it, and then i go raiding the cabinets. I bought julliene peeler, so i can have some kind of ‘pasta’ with my dishes, as i need something to have with anything saucy πŸ™‚ zero noodles are fine with stir fry but gonna try a bit harder to stay away from carbs and i don’t fancy eating them everyday. Gonna finally try cauliflower rice, the only one thing which stops me buying cauli, only I and baby eat the damn thing. maybe they will tolerate it in a rice version? (who am i kidding?) I am still 5 lbs away from my goal. I am a bit too naughty on my unhealthy food and girly wine at the moment, and just can’t refocus somehow. I am reading an interesting book about types of personalities, and apparently I am just happier with an open project, being a bit scared to finish it. It may be just me all over, and i just always going to be those 5 lbs away from my goal… I am happy where I am, but would be happier if there would be 5lbs less of me πŸ™‚ maybe if i manage to convince myself i need to lose 10 lbs i will shift that 5, with 5 left to keep my weight project ‘open’ forever hahah.

going to bed, i should be fast asleep by now, tomorrow another day and I will try harder! No wino or snacks after dinner. have a good night xxx

Ps. Aging gracefully? That’s boring! I remember my grandad he was a hero to me and I really think this is the way to age. He always listened to us teenagers talking and tried it all himself. If he would be here now he would own an ipad, taking selfies, posting in on fb, tweet every week and talk about newest Xbox game. I am more old fashion now then he ever was. I hate selfies, the word and pictures themselves. So don’t ever regret my dear fried, have fun and forget what people think. As long you feel young, age is just a number πŸ™‚

@issu
    ” Aging gracefully? That’s boring! ”

Yes, well, maybe.

I would like to age gracefully and be excited, simultaneously.

I watched a biography video of George Plimpton. He tried everything and lived well.

Or how about Milton Berle’s saying, “live to laugh and laugh to live”.

Living gracefully and excitedly.

➰

hey issu ..and rockyromero[why does the most innocent word sound like food…you should be on a ice cream parlour menu!!very naughty!]…actually managed a fast day the other day and a few lbs slipped off..still a few more to go,but had to alter the skirt i was making as TOO LOOSE[sorry for shouting!]..you’re both quite right be outragious,life’s too short…thought i might try horse riding this week,always been afraid of those big chomping teeth and its a long way to fall but hey lets get out of the comfort zone…i’ve only managed to get the pedometer up to 10,000 once…its a long way[is it cheating to attach it to next doors dog[dudley]?…..i’m not surprised all the french ladies look so slim…heard the chef raymond blanc saying that french women eat well ,full fat cheese,cream,wine etc…when they asked him why they don’t put on weight he said they ‘re not like us they only have one or two glasses of wine -not one or two bottles….everything in moderation.[i’m talking about food again]…funnily enough the eating plan has slotted in quite nicely now,and quite enjoy feeling the hunger pangs before each meal…and enjoying eating the ‘rainbow’….been watching ‘secret eaters’ and when they put the food out on a table its all the same colour and looks gross…no wonder we’re getting like the americans its not only the clothes that are supersized!!…talking of icecreams[rocky]i think theres a box of mini mars in the freezer,nooooooooooooooo!!! see ya:]

hey there…actually managed to complete a fast day..and it wasn’t too bad…and today managed 10,000 steps-eventually!! onward and upward :]

hey issu…everyone is very quiet lately?…have tried to do without cal counting on the 5 days but the weight starts to creep back on even though going back to the gym so have got the notebook back out to keep a check…standing at the kitchen units still counts as cals consumed!!that extra 1/2 glass of wine is my downfall it sends EAT ME messages to the brain!hope all is going well for you all…enjoy the sun[and the salads!!]….keep at it:].

hey there….back on track-fast day today and all went o.k…..been to the gym each day which is helping,using the bike and the cross trainer[only 12mins but am increasing a minute a day] as well as the circuit and finding it easier although a bath of sweat,not very ladylike good job its a ”no men no mirrors gym!!”…noticed an advert on t.v.for ready meals tagged as ‘fast day’meals…its really catching on…..can’t break through that 12st mark,but evetually i hope,would like to finish about 11st7lb if poss….keep at it everyone…:}.

Hello hungry and others! So long since I posted… I dip in and out of this forum, but with 2 busy kids, full time job and general life I am lucky if I sit on my skinny bum for 10 min before bedtime. Haha. I am still battling with my last 5 lbs and they are just became a very tough challenge but hey? I didn’t put any on and that’s a biggie! I took my family to the local festival one weekend, it was my birthday other weekend, my son’s 5 birthday this weekend, all accompanying with food and wine and ice cream etc. I don’t really wander why lbs are still with me. Since my last post I still struggle with my health, and abuse my body went through at the festival I ended up with a chest infection. So no fasting for me, till I see the other end of this. But saying that I have to give you warning… something I thought I would never say! πŸ™‚ Ready! If you lose weight there will be a point when your bum bets bony!any prolong sitting without padding is uncomfortable! Camping hurts like never before, pressure put on your hips and knees while you sleep is like a new kind of torture! Have to invest in a good blow up bed for future!!! Hope you are well! Love from sunny Wales! Xxx

I understand about the lack of padding. I can’t sit for a long time on a wooden chair without a pad. I used to find such chairs comfortable.

Hello Amy C. πŸ™‚ for someone like me who had natural padding most of life I forgot about bony arse syndrome πŸ™‚ I hope that is the only disadvantage! πŸ˜‰ xx

yes girls i am happy to say that b.a.s.[bony arse syn] has struck….yippee!!!!!also e.n.i.b.s….[extra notch in belt syn]….i could go on all day,it’s fab….eat the rainbow-get in the gym zone…lovin’ it.:}.

just a thought have you seen the advert for the DOUBLE PIZZA ! one topped pizza sandwiched on top of another topped pizza from asda…they should be fined..the government are telling us to eat healthily and that rubbish is advertised before the watershed!!!..there’s nothing worse than a reformed fatty with a holier than thou attitude ..oops!!

hahah! my B.A.S is is easing up after almost 3 weeks without fasting… I am back on track now so expecting my symptoms getting even worse πŸ˜‰ I am happy I am not the only one with B.A.S on this forum- great support as usual πŸ˜€ i don’t wear belts so I’m E.N.I.B.S free, but there is one more thing which bothers me a lot- N.S.B.A (oh No! Need smaller bra again! syndrome) will end up with no boobs if that doesn’t improve!:)

Hungry I haven’t seen the advert- thank goodness for tv on demand, less adverts,but curiosity won and i googled it! asda is not the only shop which does them I am afraid… I do agree double decker pizza should be banned, but the trouble is people will buy that crap and have it at one sitting. I went to MCDonalds last weekend, and as I only go there once a year I don’t ‘speak MCDonalds’ so I’ve chosen the only burger which had tomatoes on the pictures it happened to be the biggest burger I’ve ever seen. I swear it was size of my head! I did manage to eat it too! (ooops!) My little man made me laugh when he asked me: what is this place called mummy? (first experience at MC Crap) I answered: Chip shop haha he looked around and said: ‘very busy chip shop’ sad really but he was wright too.

as I mentioned I am back on track with fasting- fist one done today. I got together with my friend on Fitness Pal and set each other challenge, who wins get taken out on the girly night out in 8 weeks. We both the winners then, but also both very competitive so it should be lots of fun! I did beat her by 100 kcal today hahah.

wish me luck and keep me posted how you doing!! xxx

Viewing 18 posts - 101 through 118 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply.