New first day!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ahmedmilton 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• So I planned to start the diet, on a fast every other day format, last week, and i did well. Fasted on Friday. Ate little during the day, had all my meals planned out well. Then proof to myself that I am a very emotional eater. My boyfriend came home from work saying how his job is in danger. We both felt really crap and ended up ordering a take away! Fast gone! Since then I haven’t fasted at all.
    I have decided to try the fast again today.
    Does anyone else have problems with emotional eating? How do you cope with it?

Hi Robins105. I don’t really get the term ’emotional eater’ to be honest. Sometimes I can’t stop myself eating but I don’t connect it with bad news etc. usually, so hopefully someone else can advise as far as that goes.

However, we’ve all had to ditch a fastday at some point (all the long-termers anyway) and it’s really not that big of a deal, you just can’t let it spoil your good work. If you have to ditch at somepoint in your fastday (you’ve forgotten that there’s a team lunch planned at work or you bump into your best friend from school and they INSIST on a catch-up over dinner out, or something similar) Oh well! There are 6 other days in the week, just adjust your plan and fast tomorrow and another day later in the week if necessary.

If you have a really awkward week where it’s almost impossible to find 2 days where you can do a ‘proper’ 5:2 fast then just do 1 proper fastday and limit your calories as much as you can on one or 2 other days in the week to make up for it. We’re all busy people, just be flexible. It’s not like a normal ‘diet’ where you have to be ‘good’ every day. It’s just 2 days (or as close as you can manage to it) a week. Try to avoid days that you know will be tough to stick it out but don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater if you have to ditch one of your days. Anything is better than nothing and a start is a start.

Remember that wise food choices can help you eat fewer calories and daily (or almost daily) physical activity helps you burn off some of the calories.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.