New and nervous

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cinque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all, I’ve been told by my doctor to give this a go. I gave up trying to loose weight years ago as i found it made my depression worse. I’m hoping this will be a lifestyle change rather than a diet.

Hi Ru. A lot of people have managed to stick with this approach for a long time so you can make your hope a reality. I’ve been doing it for 6.5 years and have no intention of stopping. Have a look around the other popular forums for plenty of support. The very best of luck with it.

Welcome here Ru,
    I was never into dieting and have very much used 5:2 as a lifestyle change, I have been doing 5:2 for four years now. I lost weight and now I am maintaining, and plan to be doing 5:2 for the rest of my life.
    My tip is to concentrate on making it as easy and sustainable as you can. If you are not a calorie counter, just work out enough so you can keep to your minimum calories on your fast days. (I eat pretty much the same things every fast day to make that easy).
    If you don’t want to get into constant weighing, just measure your waist once a month, and you can tell if you are losing weight by how you look and feel and how your clothes are fitting.
    Once you have got fast days working you can concentrate on making sure non fast days are sensible healthy eating days and build up good habits to help you live a long healthy life.
    You might find it useful to join one of the big active topics here as they can be a supportive community. I am in the Southern Hemispherites thread and you would be welcome there, even if you are a Northern Hemispherite. But if you read through the active topics you might find one that suits you best.
    Best wishes and all good things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.