Never thought I'd look forward to fast days

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Mind Managing change
Never thought I'd look forward to fast days

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SAMM 9 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Last week I skipped a fast day because of visitors and lots of activities. It felt strange. This week I made my Monday fast a day later for the same reason – also felt very strange. When I did fast on Tuesday, it felt an immense relief and I’m really looking forward to my fast tomorrow too.
    I never thought I’d get past the ‘this is just such hard work’ to looking forward to the next fast day as a welcome break.

I started with the New Year and am doing the full 2 day (36 hour) fasts until the end of June. After that I’m making the Monday a shorter fasting day as I’m normally on the go a lot: either fast Sunday afternoon through to Monday lunch or from Sunday evening to Monday dinner – about a 24 hour stint.

This has been a wonderful journey. I’m not in it as a ‘diet’, although any weight shed along the way is very welcome (about 1.5 kg gone). I’m in it for the long term health benefits and am generally feeling more balanced already. The other 5 days of the week I’m generally eating more healthily (was already pretty healthy before) and I really enjoy the treats when I go for them.

I love this way of life!

Keep On Keepin On
    Kristen!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.