Netti's Journey to lose 50 pounds

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
Netti's Journey to lose 50 pounds

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi everyone,

I found this site a few weeks ago but didn’t want to post until I knew I was going to be able to stick at this! I’ve had so many failed weight loss attempts!

My background is serial dieter for 10 years! Before my second baby I was always very slim, staying around 120 pounds (I’m 5’7). Since then I have yo-yo’d with my weight gradually increasing, one step forward two steps back. Over the past 5 years I’ve discovered juice fasting, which I love doing, but the problem is that I go back to old habits…and only drinking vegetable juice for between 20 and 40 days at a time is pretty extreme. So I needed a diet that I could stick to and I seem to have found it! It’s still early days, I’ve just completed 3 weeks but I am finding it so easy that I am confident I’ll continue.

Because I’m so used to fasting I decided to do my two fasting days with no food at all. I do have about 100 calories in tea and coffee, but nothing else. I find it a relief not to have to think about food for a couple of days. On my non fast days I am not counting calories at all and just starting to be mindful about how much I eat. My diet was never really bad…just lots of huge portions. I’m slowly trying to implement positive changes though. It’s a relief for me to get away from the all or nothing mentality from previous attempts. I feel in control for the first time in a long time.

I’ll post my progress so far once I’ve done today’s weigh in.

Really glad I found this forum.

So here’s my progress so far. My heighest weight a couple of months ago was 13 stone (182 pounds).

When I started the fast diet 3 weeks ago I was 12 stone 10.75

Start weight: 12 stone 10.75 (178.75bs)
    Week 1: 12st 6 Ibs (174 Ibs)
    Loss in week 1: 4.75 (mostly water no doubt, but still a great start)

Week 2: 12 stone 3.75 (171.75)
    Loss in week 2: 2.25
    Total loss: 7 Ibs

week 3: 12 stone 1.75 (169.75)
    Loss in week 3: 2 Ibs
    Total loss: 9 pounds

I really need to start exercising as I have done non whatsoever so far. My goal for next week is to drink 8 glasses of water a day (been really bad with water) and do some form of exercise, even if it’s just a half an hour walk.

Well done Netti,

I am your height and I did get to my highest weight ever at 13 stone .7 lbs, although I am 64 years old. Over the four odd months I am now down to 11 stone 9 lbs, two pounds more to my first goal. I think I only need maybe three pounds after to give me some up and down weight.

You have done really well…..keep going and good luck….Some excerise would help you tone as you go.

Hey Netti and welcome! You’ve been doing great for three weeks already and without our motivation and support… well expect it to just get easier from now on then 😉

I take it you’ve already had a good look around the forum the past weeks then, so I won’t bore you with tips and stuff unless you ask for them.

What’s your goal though? Would be interesting to know. And it’s kind of funny (and slightly depressing) that I’m a bit shorter or just as tall as you and that your heaviest weight ever is a weight that I’m hoping to reach this or next week after losing 13kg (28lb 10oz). What the hell are those ounces? I thought an ounce was a gram? Then why not make it 30lb 2oz? I’m confused.

Anyway. I’m going to get there, and so will you! *cheer*

Hi Symba & Nika, thanks for the warm welcome.

Wow! Both of you have really great weight loss’s. My goal is around 130 although I may find I’m happy being heavier than that, it’s a good few years since I was that weight.

Thanks for the compliment! ^^ 130lb is like 52kg right? That’s so light o.O

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.