My Weightloss Journey

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Charliethh 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hello all. I run a blog I started the first of July when I started this new way of living, so decided I would update here aswell for more accountability 🙂
    Ill post my first couple of blogs and then post here as I post my blogs!

First of July:

Hello everyone
    Having gained a lot of weight over the last year after losing 30 kilos, I’m looking to lose it again and a bit more.
    My goal is to get down to 70 kilos and then see how I feel by then.

At 110 kilos and unfit, my goal is to both drop the weight and get back to being as fit as I used to be.

I’m currently staying with my parents until August where I return to my university. Therefore I have decided to test out the 5:2 diet.

Current stats:
    5’8
    110 kilos
    20 years old
    Fitness level: horrible

Second of July:

Having my first fast day today.

Yesterday I did okay bit too much dinner but other than that fine.

Didn’t get a chance to weigh myself but will first chance.

Today is my first 36 hours on 500 calories.

So far I’ve ate a 119calorie protein bar and a 69calorie orange.

Having an early dinner of chicken and vegetables which should put my total to 500 calories.

The day has been hard, constantly wanna grab a snack but I’m working my way through the hunger and it should only get easier. Drinking lots of fluids which is helping the hunger 🙂

Till next time

Fourth of July

Hello

My first fast went okay, my eating yesterday was around 1600-1700 calories, didn’t count perfectly

Today has also been a fast day. Today was a lot harder then the first, maybe due to eating too many carbs yesterday. I have experienced tiredness, hunger pangs, nausea and lightheaded ness. Most notably a poor tummy

First portion of the day consisted of five coffees (overkill) and tons of squash

Then I ate a protein bar (219 cals) at 2, followed by a peach (58cals) and then dinner at 530 consisting of chicken and vegetables. All in all 750, so a bit too much. I will need to plan out my fast day more carefully next time in advance so I don’t go over again

Can eat again tomorrow at 10, then another fast day Monday to start of the week well, then weigh in Tuesday. Hoping for 107 kilos on the scale 😉 no exercise done today as felt poor but will go for a walk tomorrow 🙂

Sixth of July:

Success!

480 calories ate today – wasn’t even that hungry today. No headaches or dissiness. Had some stomach issues but hope they’ll get better

Had a protein bar again and salmon and vegetables

Watched the others eat beer and gravy – my favorite, but managed to not cave in

No exercise will have to do some tomorrow!

Weigh in tomorrow but a bit worried I haven’t lost much but time will tell I suppose

Next fast will be Wednesday, hopefully it’ll go just as well. Gonna try and eat 1500 cals tomorrow

Today’s blog post

After 3 fast day days and going a little over board on feast days, I’ve lost 3 kilo. Weighed in at 107.1

Whilst aware that a large proportion of the weight lost is probably down to water weight and also the fact that my weigh ins will be after a fast day, Im still feeling good about a quick initial loss (Who doesnt)
    The week has had its ups and downs, but by the third fast day I felt much better and am happy I have conquered the first week! Need to calm down a bit on feast days and start to get some structure to my eating, will try to sort this out over the next few weeks 🙂

Next weigh in Monday, after 3 more fast days (Wednesday, friday, sunday)
    Till then 🙂

Hello Charliethh, i loved reading your posts!!

Congrats on a 3kg loss! that will be motivating you to keep on going!!!
    Please keep posting on here i would love to see how you keep progressing, great job in sticking to salmon and veggies, it can be so hard when you are trying to eat healthy around ppl who eat what they want…keep it up!

I started on Monday, and i want to lose 20kg to get down to 68/69kg and from what i have seen by your post and reading other ppls stories i know we can totally do it!

yes, well done, Charliethh! Onward and downward!

what you did is so great !

Hey all!
    Thanks for the great words, thought Id give you all an update on my fourth fast day!

Woke up this morning feeling great, my diet wasnt too bad yesterday so felt pretty pleased. However my sister decided to point out to me that the squash Ive been drinking 3ish litres a day of contains calories, so I looked and it sure enough, contained 150 calories per 250 ml!! I was sure it was diet, but guess I was looking with my wishing eyes and not my reality eyes! So Im suprised how I managed to still lose weight first week whilst drinking that stuff all day but have already been to the shop to pick up some sugar free squash, so problem all solved, just laughing at my stupidity now!

I hit a wall at about 1, felt a bit moody, was snapping at my sister and mum, but no hunger. Just felt a bit sick and moody for two hours, then I had my protein bar at 3. My dinner was served pretty early, again salmon (I did buy tons and it is a favourite) and vegetables. All in all, had 480 calories and no sugarloaded squash today 😛 Also did some sguats, pushups and situps, and went for a walk where I decided to run some of it, so very very tired today, but still feel great, and very full of energy! Today has defiantly been a great fast day!

My nan also commented she thought I looked like I had lost some weight – and this is the woman who tells me everytime I come to visit home, that Im looking fat so felt very good about this compliment!

About to watch NCIS at 8, new episodes, so very excited, and then probably time for an early night!

Also, as you might have noticed I am doing Alternative day fasting – It just kinda happened, didnt decide on it, but Im absolutely loving it, and also means I can have a bit extra on my feast days, so suits me perfectly. Just like the structure of ADF as it means that every other day I fast and every other day I dont, which just makes it easier for me then two days, as I feel like Id just get out of the mindset. So will see, might get tired of fasting that often when I get back to university and become more active and such, but only time will tell!

Till next time, thanks for reading and good luck to you all 🙂

Quick update
    Yesterdays fast failed at dinner time, had steak and potato, but nothing after that in the evening, so still managed to see a lose on the scales this morning (official weigh in day not till next monday)
    Todays fast was slightly better, had decided to do a b2b to make up for missing a fast day, so think the thought o fthat made me hungrier, so this fast day ends on 700 calories.
    Tomorrow is another fast day, determined this one has to be perfect, no snacking or other silly stuff to ruin my progress.
    Ill let you all know what the scales say on monday, hoping for 105 🙂

6th Fast Day
    Done a b2b, defiantly not for me. Even yesterday I felt hungry all day, probably due to knowing I had to eat low calorie the next day also
    Today has been horrible, been so hungry, had to eat my protein bar at 1, and had dinner less than an hour ago, and already feeling hungry again. I will complete my fast day, but it is hard. I will not do b2b again, if I have to skip a fast, I will just compensate on my eat days by eating less or else I cannot stay on this type of eating plan.
    Ran out of squash today, so have been finding it hard to get water in, which might also contribute to my hunger.
    Tomorrow is a weigh in day. I am hoping after 13 days eating this day, and 6th fast days in, the scales will say 5 kilo lost in total, 105 kilos. But any lose I will be happy with.
    Thanks for reading. Hope you all doing well and see you soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.