My Results…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Good morning!

This is Friday morning- end of my first week.

I found this “diet” online. Not sure how I ran into it. I have been doing the McDougall program and decided to add 5:2 to what I was already doing. I am a vegan and have been for 17 years. I am about 50 lbs overweight. 5’7 and 41 years old.

I was in very good shape growing up. It wasn’t until I started having children that I gained all my weight. I lost and gained throughout the years by calorie counting. But, that never lasts for me. Hunger always wins.

So, this week I fasted on Tuesday and Thursday. The first fast was pretty easy in the morning and daytime. I waitress at a restaurant until 3 so I stay pretty active. I drank cucumber/ mint water all day. It seems to fill me up. I usually eat at work and around 3 I made some veg sushi rolls. I just put rice, lettuce, and cucumber in it. Very tasty and calories came in at 480. I got pretty hungry and night but I read that it does it easier. I chose to eat my 500 calories in one meal. I do a 16 hour fast.

Kind of overate the day after my first fast. My “one” spoonful of Nutella- quickly spiraled to 5- until I ran dish soap water in the brand new (might I add) jar and promptly thru the rest down the drain.(Probably not so good for it). So, won’t be buying Nutella for awhile.

Second fast went much better. I worked a double at the restaurant. Had my cucumber/mint water all day until 3 and had my veggie sushi. I find fasting on my double days a lot easier. Although i’m around food all day and night- i’m running around the whole time. I think i’ll always try to fast on my double days.

I’m going to keep updating this page for anyone interested in seeing my results.

First week weigh in after 2 fast was a loss of 4 lbs. Very happy!

Oh, and I went for a hike 2 times for 45 minutes.

Starting a new week today.
    It’s amazing when you start eating healthier and you kind of blow it for a day, how your body responds. Sunday was a busy day filled with traveling food and a late pasta meal. I was already stuffed when we stopped at a gas station and I walked by the chip isle. Did you know that Funyuns now sell lime and chile flavor? I didn’t either! I just “had” to try it. Yup, that was a mistake. (And they were not worth it) This morning my body is unhappy with me. Spent the morning on the toilet. I’m actually looking forward to fasting today. I may try fasting for 3 days this week. I’m not sure yet. I have 2 doubles at the restaurant. So it might be a good chance. Hopefully fasting will get easier this time around.

You will grow into it over time. Buying a bag of crisps is not the world and as you are back on the wagon, what is behind you does not matter.
    Best of luck
    Stef.

It’s my first day and it’s not gone well. I had breakfast at 7.30am and have been drinking water all day, but decided on a cup of green tea at 2.30pm. Within about 10mins I began to feel really sick and 10 mins later had the trots big time! Is this normal, if so, I’m not looking forward to Thursday.

i would say it was the green tea. Do you usually drink it?

I normally drink “builders” tea but didn’t fancy it without milk. I think I’ll have to experiment with fruit teas. I feel fine now and at least it’s nearly bed time and day one is over!

Thank you for the encouragement. 🙂

JaneMoz, I don’t do well with green tea either. Glad you got through day 1.

2nd week weigh in, after 4 fasts.

I love how easy this is to move around if I need it to be. I was planning on fasting on Monday, but my husband wanted to take me out on a special date. So, instead of spoil it for him, I said yes! I fasted on Tues and Thurs. Fasting was much easier this week. Somethings i’ve finding a struggle with, is that my husband is thin and so he doesn’t have the same concerns as me. I really want to give up sugar, but he makes it difficult because he eats it around me.

Got a little exercise in this week. Not much though.

I lost 2 lbs and 2.5 inches this week.

Total of 6 lbs off. Very happy!

Congrats on your weightloss! I have to say fortunately I am over the phase where it bothered me when others indulged in sweeties (apart from ice cream…I kill for it and anyone daring to eat vanilla ice cream within 100 yards of me…)
    These days I tell myself “poor sod who stuffs himself with unhealthy sugary stuff” and I am proud of myself that I have changed my diet to a much healthier one.
    Keep up the good work!
    Stef.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.