My progress…exciting!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
My progress…exciting!

This topic contains 1,342 replies, has 78 voices, and was last updated by  fasting_me 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,349 total)

• Morning everyone, my pedometer is WW one and it cost about Β£16 but it gives lots of other information like this, you have to put your weight and height in and it gives a healthy total of steps to be taken just to keep healthy with mileage, propoints, stopwatch, and keep a running total for the week. JIP

Hi Mel, sorry your feeling down, we all love you. You are part one of a large family on here. I love it on here and I think my hubby is getting a bit jealous of the time I spend on here. It keeps me out of the kitchen. My hubby can eat anything any amount and thing because he exercises 5 days a week, by jogging for 40 to 50 minutes at 6 30am then he goes to the pool and walks in the water (not on water) with a rubber belt around his waist for another hour and a half and he has done this for ten years and more. He used to weigh 17 stone in his judo days in the 70’s and 80’s but he lost his first wife who had a weight problem on a operating table when sure was going to have a stomach reducing operation. I know this made him change his life and he took up running instead and he as run many marathons and even a 42 miler from City to City it was called in 1986 on the hottest day of the year. He is now a fanatic about his exercise because does not want to put on weight he his about 11 stone and he also helps me by doing most of his own meals on my fast days.

Go Mel Go Mel go Mel go πŸ™‚ we are here for you and you will soon be getting that lovely hug from hubby x

JIP what can i say , your hubby wow ! hasnt he done well i take my hat off to him , and i do agree with what you say about us being one big family on here as i feel the same , the support and affection is simply awsome

Oh Yeah Mel i must tell you i found an old bottle of soda water in our utility room (must be left from christmas) ha ha , but it wasnt quite flat, now i am hooked on it with a slice of lemon ,I see what you mean about the burps lol πŸ™‚ i am going to get some from the shop this afternoon

Hi guys, awww I luv you all too, so supportive, makes me happy. I’m sure I’ll be better after I’ve had a chat with hubby, he is my best friend and I think I just miss him that’s all, well that and a bit disappointed with myself as I know I’m stronger than this, geeez I need to remind myself how far I’ve come.

anyway enough bla bla, JIP WOW what a story, you’re hubby is inspirational, he so could have gone the other way, good on him, tell him I’m proud of what he has achieved.

Ken thanks, you’re a sweetie made me laugh i was imagining someone shook it up before you opened it! It is nice isn’t it, fills up you’re tummy with absolute zero guilt, it’s definitely my saviour. Used to be coke zero, but my dentist urged me to give it up because of the damage it was doing to my teeth. So glad to find this alternative.

So here’s my plan moving forward, stick to the 5:2 500 cals on fast days, 1400 – 1600 on non fast (my normal calorie restriction was 1400 per day and that got me results lost a lot of fat that way, average 500grams per week, I think is around 1lb) and see how I go.

I think I just need toughen up again, suck it up princess, or whatever they say and commit to this thing properly, so let’s DO IT girlie (excuse me, self pep talk happening here) it’s my birthday in a month lets see if I can become a little less of a woman before then (figuratively speaking of course (no pun intended))

Thanks again all, don’t know where I’d be without you, well yes I do, I would be in the kitchen eating another banana muffin I just made (making banana muffins – why???)

Greetings, Earthlings. Checking in during my work break. Just finished a vegetable burger with a few strawberries. A lovely lunch. It’s 1:25pm where I am. Can’t adequately express how inspiring your conversations are. Talking 5:2 with ‘non-believers’ yields funny looks. I’ve picked up my hand weights and have been throwing those around over the past week. I must have muscles that have been hibernating — such little effort and such sore muscles. This must mean I’m getting results!

Char — Kudos on your journey report! Keep them coming.

JIP – Good afternoon to you. I so admire your husband’s lifestyle change. You must feel that you’re on similar journeys. How encouraging. He must be proud of you.

Mel – Wish I had some magical pixie dust I could toss at you. Better days ahead. Thanks for sharing about your day. It opens the door for the rest of us to share when we’re struggling or melancholy.

Karen — Enjoy your exercise playtime. It truly is invigorating. Love the endorphins!

Ken — I believe you’re our cheerleader! I think you should work out the loose trousers dance steps.

Ken, Rocky, David — If your day is mostly over, sleep well. If you’re still experiencing daylight, have a beautiful day

To anyone I left out — Please forgive me

Question — are you all in sync with your fast days? If so, which days are you fasting? I’m Mon/Wed now, but those are just days I selected. Would love to get in sync with you if there’s a coordinated fasting days theme going on.

Hi Jean think I coincide with Ken and maybe Charmaine with fasts on Mon/Thurs but not sure about everyone else. Its just after 8pm here in the UK so my fast day is just about over. I’ve done OK but feel very tired tonight and a wee bit grumpy too so probably going to have an early night. Have only had a short walk for exercise today due to a chilly evening and my tiredness but will catch up at the weekend.

Hope you’ve had a hug Mel sounds like you need it. Chin up. See how you go on lower calories, I’ve played around with semi fasts and eating over TDEE to see what works best, I think the beauty of this is the flexability .

Well goodnight all, will check in with weight in the morning

It is so lovely yo read all your posts…I look forward to doing it everyday πŸ™‚ when we meet our goal we should plan a huge reunion!! Imagine that!!! πŸ™‚

i weighed 163.8 today. Down 0.7 lbs. JiP my fast daysas karen said are Mondays and Thursdays.

Mel…feel better and I know what u mean about missing your hubby. I feel the same when mine goes outta town…we r here for you…feel better 😑

Ken, Karen, Jip, Jean…thank you for your encouraging words. Keeps me really motivated!!

David…where are you…come on back here and let us know how u r doing πŸ™‚

Morning all, well looks like I’ve reached my plateau, still the same weight as the last 2 weeks. Actually I feel ok about it because I look/feel slimmer and I can get into smaller clothes so I’m going to go with that. I suppose I must be close to my target weight now so my body’s telling me I’m getting low enough!

Well done on the downward trend Charmaine, that dress fitting is in sight now! Encouragement is what we’re here for and I look forward to reading everyone’s post too. I log on and off daily just to check how we’re all doing and see what the latest gossip is. I saw that Jean posts on another thread and she mentioned there that she posts on this one because it’s full of motivation and encouragement so we’re doing something right on here.

Well my hula hoop has been dispatched and I’m hoping it’ll be here by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. I’m at work today then not back until next Thursday so going to do lots of exercise in the hopes I can break through my plateau.

Well better go and get ready for work so have a good Friday everyone and in Ken’s words let the calorie force be with you. x

Karen:

No plateau yet – keep going: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

Good Luck!

Goodmorning from Denmark Ladies. Not only am I a 5:2’er, but Also a struggeling facebook and thread/ 5:2 Web site user. I find the most interesting groups/ threads and then can’t find them again when I log in!
    There’s a super group via facebook called no weigh May I can’t find again.
    If I want to follow this thread Can I “bookmark” it somehow?
    Having a lovely Latte after fasting yesterday and feeling great!

says alot about how hopeless and computer memory consuming facebook is!
    its always been a lost cause facebook right from the date of the share issue-with dependence on advertisers!!! galore like yahoo and google!

sorry guys I am also flatlining now and come down with a bug- i stopped caloried counting on my non-fast days and tired also by the bug-next weigh in will be a week today fri.

i know exactly where you are mel.in this I reckon-coz i might be wrong of course
    -flatlining makes keeping a positive approach more challernging

thisis simone cluvs post on it!
    As I have been doing 5:2 for a little while now, I decided to go into the nether regions of my closet to retrieve a pair of trousers I banished there a few years ago when they became a bit too snug. I felt that since I have been 5:2ing, they might provide a little more service to me.

You can imagine my dismay when, after properly buttoning them, I watched them fall to the floor and gather around my ankles. I mean, these were good, well made trousers that had much useful life remaining in them.

I am miffed.

This disaster has caused me to reflect on the 5:2 WOE, as it is called. I have refrained from saying much bad about 5:2 for some time now. But losing my trousers is the last straw. As this forum seems to allow negative comments about this 5:2 thing, I think it is time for me to vent. I am thinking about all of the negative posts I could have, and now feel I should have, made. So here are the posts I should have made, but did not. The numbers are accurate, and I thought of each and every comment along the way. I’m sorry in advance for the negative vibes, but I think people exploring 5:2 should know about these things before they go forward.

Day 1: Hello. Here I am. I’ve heard about this 5:2 thing and am interested. Nothing has worked for me yet, but given what I have heard I hope this is the answer! (Thinking – why am I doing this? It is just another fad diet.)

Week 1: Hi again. I think I did everything right, but I did not lose any weight at all! I’m wondering if this really works? But I’ve heard about this TDEE thing and I’ll investigate. (Thinking – why am I doing this. It does not work.)

Week 2: I have been starving myself for two weeks and I have not lost one ounce!! I figured out the TDEE thing and have been doing it correctly. Why, oh why, am I not losing weight?! (Thinking – you idiot, why are you even here?)

Week 3: Wow, I lost two pounds. It is about time! (Thinking, probably just water weight.)

Week 4: Lost another pound (total of 3). God, this is slow. I read that maybe not weighing myself this often may be a good thing. I think I’ll chuck the scales for awhile. (Thinking, this is really probably not worth it.)

Week 8: Hmmm. Lost 6 more pounds, total of 9 in 8 weeks. It is about time! But I am a male of above average height that weighs a lot and is active, with a reasonably high TDEE. I should be losing more weight – at least 2 pounds a week! What is wrong??? (Thinking, god this is slow, why am I putting myself through all of this?)

Week 9: (When the scales say good things, scales come back into favor.) 0 weight loss. What happened? What did I do wrong?? This is awful.

Week 10: (Hoping scales redeem themselves.) 0 weight loss. Clearly something wrong here. I’m doing everything right and not losing weight. But I have to lose weight, don’t I? (Thinking, I think this might all be a sham. It has to be.)

Week 11: (On my knees praying before I get on the scales.) 0 weight loss. I am despondent and in despair. HELP!! What should I do. This clearly does not work! Should I do paleo? How about Atkins? Grapefruit? How about if I just stop eating altogether? 5:2 does not work, I have to do something!!!! (Thinking, What the hell am I saying. It is just another diet that does not work. Go look for something else that will work better.)

Week 12: Down 2 pounds, total of 11. I really, really should be losing faster. And I certainly should be going down in a consistently straight line (like jumping off a cliff with no wings). This 5:2 thing just does not deliver what I want and expect. And it takes so long. I’m not sure this is for me. (Thinking, god, this takes a long time. There must be a faster way.)

Week 13: Down 3 pounds, total 14. Lost my trousers today. I’ve had it!

All of you new people need to understand that if you do 5:2 right, all it will get you is frustratingly slow, inconsistent weight loss that will constantly cause you doubt and uneasy feelings.

And you may lose your trousers

the good news is I am not under maternal food pressure and finding trousers i hadnt worn for ages! are comfortable! and not tight! the bad news is i cant weigh in till 16th may! and my scales seem so arbitrary in telling me an exact/correct weight- i will do some training on monday i guess

Good morning everyone πŸ™‚
    at my weigh in i am 12 st 11 lb thats down by 3lb and my waist is 40 inch thats down by a half inch. so as you may gather i am delighted πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

my bmi is also down by 0.5 to 27.2

Karen , I dont think you have reached a plateau you just need to keep doing what you are doing and trust the 5 : 2 method , Every one of us are here for you and you know we all love you to bits so keep going my geordie buddy x

Charmaine well done on yet anothyer loss , i agree with Karen that the dress fitting must be in sight now πŸ™‚ x

Jean yes i do fast on Monday & Thursday , altough i dont think we all do those days but if you want to change then please do , the good thing about 5:2 is its flexability , as for Dance steps Ha Ha you havent seen me dance lol its called “dad dancing” over here (not very refine) lol , but thank you for your thoughts πŸ™‚

Mel I do hope you got your hug and you are feeling better today πŸ™‚

I too love reading all the posts that everyone puts on this thread it really does keep me motivated

SusyWoo hiya and welcome to our international thread you are welcome to join us. as we all say the more the merrier πŸ™‚

ok folkes I have waffled on long enough , think my Liz ( wife) has some jobs for me Boooo so catch you all later x ken
    May the Calorie force be with you all

jeandee.JIGWP where are u from? the nothern hemisphere or (far flung)antipodies, hosting the next world cup aand olympics!-such earthlings as we are! buzz buzz……….

JIGWP- i tried the WW pedometer long time ago at WW and either it never worked properly or was just too complicated for me….,or it kept on loosing its battery or wanted you to program it daily with a daily weigh in! i could never read it or use it then lost it

anyone use pedometers?

Most of us fast tues/thurs jeandee then weigh in fri- I envy you ken its like results -good results are your norm!-well done- how often in a day do you feel hungry? do you just cook for yourself?

and which scales do you use if it give you your BMI too?

Hi davidrob, I use Salter digital scales that give weight, percent fat and water, and BMI. When you set them, you need to have the scales on a hard surface, such as bathroom floor. Also when you weigh yourself, you need a hard floor. Otherwise, they give varying results.

hello my dear fasting family, just a quick check in as im in bed and really tired. Much better today, had some visits from family yesterday and got plenty of hugs, then one of my most special hugs finally arrived around 10pm last night so I was much happier today. Thanks again all for your support, your all such sweeties πŸ™‚ Just over tdee cals today only managed 1 fast day this week, definaltely had a little more will power than before so that is a good thing. will try harder next week, i read simonclavs post again and it also gave me a little more hope again, frustration is entorely normal. It seems to me with regular calorie counting I could predict what the results on the scales were going to be, but on this method it seems entirely random, weight goes up and bmi goes down??? anyway, blathering again must go to sleep all, nonight πŸ™‚

Hi Davidrob, I am Welsh I live in South Wales about 20 miles from Cardiff and about the same distance from Swansea. You can get a dodgy pedometer but weight watchers will replace it if it’s within 12 months, I have returned mine a few times in 4 years. Where at from? JIP

Hi davidrob, loved your history, I lost 3 lbs in the first 4 days and thought I had found a dieters life saviour, but no, it’s slow but sure all the way. We did not put this weight on over night so we have to give it time and time and a little more time. As I have said I lost 56 lb in 17 months with WW and the last few pounds are the hardest to lose so I am here for the long term and you will have to find a tailor to take those trouser in for you. JIP

Hi susywoo, I am the same with Facebook I can’t be doing with it. I will stick to 5-2’s I think I know what I am doing LOL JIP

Well done on your 3lb loss – way to go as our American friends would say. ☺Although I didn’t lose a thing hubbies has lost another lb, that’s 12 lbs in 7 weeks now, he’s slowly wasting away but looking much better for it! Hope everyone has had a good day today, glad to hear you’re feeling better Mel, re-group and gather that willpower together and go for it next week, you’ll be fine

Hi all, iv been doing the 5:2 diet for about 3 weeks now. Lost 3lb in first week and 1lb last week. Weigh in day used to be Monday but gonna change it to tomorrow now. Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and it said i have gained 6 oz i know that doesn’t sound alot but its heart breaking when u see the numbers go up and not down. So hopefully i will have loss something tomorrow. Fasting today and Wednesday. Its number nice finding another support group for the 5;2 diet. Thanks x

Hiya everyone , not sure if i will get the chance to check in tomorrow as i am up at 5am to get ready to go to our last match of the football season , my mighty Rochdale are away to Newport County (South Wales) and if we win and Chesterfield can only draw we will be Champions, yipeee . we have never had a bit of silverware in our trophy cabinet ,(founded in 1907) its been a long wait lol, so you can see what a great day it could be for us, πŸ™‚

Mel I am so glad your feeling better πŸ™‚

David , I use just an ordinary set of bathroom scales and i put all my information onto this site and it gives you the answers , πŸ™‚

May the calorie force be with you all πŸ™‚ ken

Well I made it . I do hope you all have a lovely day , as I know , I will

not sure if anyone is fasting today but if you are be good , you can do it , YES you can , drink water and may the calorie force be with you πŸ™‚

If you not fasting, be good and enjoy it πŸ™‚ love you all my fasting family from around the world and Darlington lol Sorry Karen , please forgive me but i bet you smiled πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

will log in Sunday

Hi all! Well done on your progress! Well done to all of us for keeping up ! Just popping in to tell davidrob that I do use a pedometer, I have had it for over a week now, I am very satisfied so far, it’s Omron Walking style III, I bought it from Amazon for less than 20 pounds. So far it seems reliable, it doesn’t reset out of nowhere either!

I have been on 5:2 for 2 months now, have lost 7 kilos (could have lost more but had a short break at Easter during which I put back 1 kilo). I am usually on 4:3 or 5:2 with a couple of 20:4 days too. So far so good. I am not in any rush, I still need to lose about 7 kilos but can do it slowly!

xxx

Morning Ken (my last post was a contrats to you on your 3 lb weightloss by the way but my tablet left half my message out again :-(). Glad you managed to check in before your trek down to deepest Wales, not really a fan of footy but hope Rochdale win for you – I guess we’ll hear you cheering up here in Darlo if they do! And yes I smiled ;-)Oh just had a thought – you could give Jip a shout as you pass, she lives down in Wales!

Hope your weigh in this morning went well flower power.

Weirdly I stepped on the scales this morning after a non fast day yesterday and not losing anything on yesterday’s weigh in and I’m down half a lb. What the heck is that all about? And we nibbled hummous with dips washed down with red wine at supper time, and we’d had pizza, wedges and garlic bread for tea! Hmm not quite sure what happened but I’ll probably be back up in the morning after my meal out tonight.

How are you doing Charmaine? And Mel?

Well I’ll get off for now but will pop in later to see how everyone is πŸ™‚

May the force be with Rochdale as long as you are not playing Cardiff because my brother-in-law would never speak to me again if he ever read this. Hope you get your silverware. JIP. ( non football supporter of any team) from South Wales. Now if it was
    the other shape ball I would be be fighting you all the way. LOL

Hello my dear fasting family! I was at the zoo today. Had a good 2km walk in the sun…must have burned some calories..hope it shows up tomorrow on the scale πŸ™‚

I notice our group is getting bigger…welcome susywoo and nina6…

Ken…well done on the progress…im very excited for you! Karen…you too!! πŸ™‚ , David, Mel, Jeandee, JIP…big hello and good luck to you.

i love reading all the posts..sometimes I do get confused about the games I think…cos they sound like local teams πŸ˜€ but love the excitement we all share here.

i stayed the same since yesterday. Will check back in tomorrow πŸ™‚

Hello Karen and ken and co, Ken firstly commiserations on Rochdale loss. Karen, my husbands was born in Darlington his Dad came to South Wales for work and found a welsh wife to take back to Darlington to get married, hubby and his brother were born there but Mum was homesick and they moved back to Wales after his brother was born in 1949. Hubby is very proud to tell everyone we meet with a type of Geordie accent he’s from Darlington forgetting to say how old he was when he left. His fathers family still there. Happy fasting all. JIP

Hi all, i weighed in this morning and iv lost another 1lb. So far i have lost 5lbs in 3 weeks. Its good. It is slow like people have been saying but I’m just glad to get it off now. I had a Chinese tonight and two toffee crisp bars oops. Looks like i will be doing 5:3 next week. X lol x

Hi everyone. Been doing the 5:2 since the end of feb and stopped weighing myself after hitting a plateaux after 5 weeks. Have joined a no weigh May group so will get the scales out at the end of the month. Maybe I stopped losing weight becauseI started yoga and going to the gym. Don’t seem to have lost cm either when I measure myself, but clothes are getting baggy. I have given up making sense of this but do feel great.
    Anyone out there with digestive problems? Pains or bloating the day after fasting?
    We’re gearing up for hosting the Eurovision Song Contest next weekend here in Denmark, Will not be fasting next Saturday as It’ll be mega party time!!

Hi fasting family hope everyone is well.

How did your weigh in go Charlene, hoping the walking around the Zoo paid off.
    Ken, sorry about your team, didn’t know until I read Jip’s comment above, sounded like they’ve done very well all season though so don’t get too downhearted (the blue wig was very fetching mind).
    Jip, I guess your hubbie doesn’t remember too much about Darlington then lol! We don’t quite have a geordie accent up here, we’re slighly too far South, although to some people around the Country we probably sound geordie, I suppose I’d describe the accent as ‘just Northern’ really! It’s an ok place to live. I lived in Workington, Cumbria for 13 years and my eldest still lives there with his dad (plus 3 grandchildren) but when I split from his dad me and my daughter moved back to Darlington to be near family. I suppose it was always home even when I lived in Cumbria and I don’t regret moving back here.
    Well done flower power, it is slow but slow wins the race so stick with it.

Susywoo, I’m the same as you in that I’ve not lost anything for 3 weeks but I didn’t want to lose much anyway so I’m probably just about where I want to be now. I’m exercising a fair bit too and some people on the forum think that it does make your weight loss slow down or stop but I’m doing it to get fit and feel better for it. My clothes are all fitting better now too so somethings going right. Can’t say I’ve noticed any digestive problems the day after fasting though.

I had a lovely meal out last night with hubbie, 3 courses but they were small portions, washed down with a few glasses of wine but today going to cut back a bit – I’m not hungry this morning anyway. The weather’s damp and miserable this morning so not so much walking but I’m going to do my HiiT workout and some skipping this afternoon. Hoping my hula hoop arrives on Tuesday so I can attempt that too.

Well have a good day everyone, will check in later. x

Good morning all,
    Found some of my thread friends on here so I thought I would post my progress.

My goal is to lose 2 lb per week using low carb and 5:2 combination, also avoidance of gains by restrictions before special events e.g. Meal out planned reduce cals by 30 % on the previous day. I have never experienced a gain on weigh in day but occasionally fluctuate during the week. It works

Jan – down 6.75bs
    Feb- down 6.25
    March- down 4.( moved, wasn’t focused)
    April – down 7 lbs

Inches waist 5.5 inches

If anyone can suggest tips I am all ears, especially low calorie, low carb treats or meals they enjoy.

Good luck to you all.

Hello to everyone ,

Yes well its only a game of football πŸ™‚ lol , it was a truly fantastic atmosphere in newport, and we still gained promotion to league 1 for next season, Thank you JIP & Karen for your commiserations, Oh yeah , I am glad you like the blue wig Karen x

Nina & Flowerpower well done on your loss As you may have gathered i am quite new to 5:2 and yes it is a slow process but if it works , dont fix it ha ha .

Charmaine thats a lot of walking around the zoo, i do hope it has paid off for you x

Susywoo , Denmark ! we are truly an international family on this thread and it is brilliant to be part of it ,

ok people it is fast day for Karen , Charmaine , Mel & myself tomorrow , Jean are you joining us too and if anyone else is on fast day tomorrow, lets all have a good one
    THE CALORIE FORCE WILL BE WITH US ALL πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, thought i would log in today as iv eaten pretty much everything again! Worried that i wont lose this week. X

Get back on track tomorrow flowerpower you Will hopefully be fine. I’ve done the same this weekend but fasting tomorrow.

Thanks Karen, i wont be able to fast tomorrow were going out. I promised my little girl icecream and i cant resist icecream. Lol. I will just have to hit the gym hard this week. Got body pump Thursday so hopefully that will help. Thanks for the support its really nice that everyone is supporting each other. X

Hello beautiful people, bad, bad girl on the weekend, but I do notice that I feel really sick when I eat crap now can’t tolerate as much of it as I used to which has to be a good thing. Off to get some soda water now top up the supplies… fasting today good luck everyone xo

Hello my dear fasting family! I had a lovely long weekend. Did not put on any weight…I am still at 163 odd lbs. Today is my fast day….lots of work, no sitter today…so wish me luck.

Welcome flower power…! I am usually bad on weekdays but I try to eat under goal. It seems to be working so I don’t have to restart my effort every monday.

Today for my fasting day I am going to have one normal meal in the evening and liquids for the rest of the day.

mel…you are right….heavy meals and junk throw me off balance too!!

Good luck all!!!

Morning fasters and those of us that are non-fasters today too. I’ve had a fairly bad weekend eating rubbish too but back to it today because only 4 weeks until my holiday (where the heck did that go). Didn’t get round to doing my workout or skipping yesterday but managed an hour or so of walking so don’t feel too bad. Will try to do it today and I’ve got some housework to do too so that should help.

Well, enjoy your Bank Holiday those of us living in the UK, and for those of us living around the other far flung corners of the world, have a good day.
    x

Hi all! I had a free day yesterday (it’s easier like that, less guilt:))) bc we were invited to a BBQ, I had practically everything but In small quantities. I am glad to see I am not the only one who blew it this weekend (I shouldn’t be, I know…). Bank holiday today, fasting will be hard. I water fast, but today maybe I will do a 500 cal fast or a 20:4, we’ll see, because normally Tuesday and Thursday are my fast days and I wouldn’t wanna fast 2 days in a row. My husband has hidden the scales (I asked him to) and that’s helpful too. Walking went out of the window yesterday, it was raining in the morning and then we had to leave for the BBQ, lets hope I do it today! Good luck to all!

xxxx
    Nina

Good morning my Fantastic Fasting Family πŸ™‚
    Flowerpower we all support each other every day on this thread, wether its a fast or non fsat day, and we are glad you have joined us, you will get back on track today because the calorie force will be with you x

Mel ooooo you are naughty lol but we love you πŸ™‚ i am going to the shop soon for a top up of my soda water hee hee yummmmy , I put a slice of lemon in my glass too (hope that is ok ? ) x

Charmaine I am happy to read you have stayed the same weight, and with today being a fast day , I know you weigh every day so i do hope you will see a loss again tomorrow, πŸ™‚ x

Nina can i make a suggestion , its an idea i got from Mel and it really does work (well there is no harm in trying it)simply drink a good glass of soda water when you feel hungry , it seems to surpress the hunger pangs for longer I put a slice of lemon in mine and i am waiting to hear back from our Mel if that is ok , warning …. it make you burp ha ha πŸ™‚

Karen πŸ™‚ Hello Karen are you not fasting today ? if your not then still have a good day and i will catch you on fb later ok πŸ™‚ x

David , Dreamgirl ,JIP ,Jean , jo jo , suzywoo and everyone else hope you are all doing fine , the Calorie force be with you all πŸ™‚

looking forward to all your replies X ken

Hi all, fast day going pretty well today just had veg soup for dinner (fresh with baked garlic and veggies) made some croutons and some accidentally appeared in my soup! (how did that happen!!) but that’s all I’ve had plus some weetbix this morning in soy milk, with a teeny amount of dried fruit so it doesnt taste like im chewing a partially submerged hessian bag… good for you, but man… bla! (with tongue sticking out and face crinckled up).

Ken – all good mate, slice, squeeze, zest (haven’t tried that one) whatever gets you through. Over here I also have a bottle of Bickfords Diet Lime or Diet Lemon Lime and Bitters (its like cordial for grown ups) and as an alternative have a smidgeon of that in the soda water, that is awesome too and helps me through. If I’m on the move, I’ll pack a bottle of it for the car, today I forgot but pulled over at the servo (gas station) and found a bottle of sparkling water with berry “flavour” in it, goodness knows what was in it, but it was only 3.2 calories and that saved me. It was either that or the nearest thing to my hand that I could get into my mouth quickly, as my stomach was really moaning at me. Some days I can’t ignore the mind games of an empty stomach, and other days I’m a warrior! Today was not one of those, but I”m just about there. Just have to get through making hubbys dinner when he gets home, then I should be all clear…

Nice to see some new-comers, welcome to all if you’re brand new to this thing and give yourself a chance on this, apparently it does work but can be highly unpredictable, so stick with it no matter what is what I’m seeing. I’m taking some of my own medicine now and will try harder this week.

Got some exercise in last night, just a quick few set of reps, 10 each of push ups, sit ups, star jumps, lunges then ran around the lounge jumping over cushions with my son which was loads of fun, certainly got out of breath! Also had dinner at the in-laws and could not believe my eyes when I was served a very small portion size of chicken breast without skin and roast veg with no gravy…. yeeeeeaaaa haaaaa for 6 years I’ve been trying to get this message across, looks like it’s worked (for now!)

Bye for now all, you are all very inspriring to read, keep on writing!! xo

Hi everyone, I hope you don’t mind me joining your thread. I have been doing this diet for a week now and have lost 5 lbs. Fast days are Monday and Wednesday. I would have chosen Thursday but we go to my parents to eat on that day each week.
    I have battled with my weight since the birth of my eldest son (now 22). Sometimes I have lost quite a bit of weight successfully but over time I always manage to put it back on. I thought I would give this diet a try and welcome any tips and advice. I am trying to eat fairly low carb and drink lots of water and herbal tea.
    I am also from Rochdale (Hi Ken) and my brother is also a big football fan. I am separated with two sons aged 22 and 20. The eldest works and lives with me. The youngest is in his second year at university.
    Well done to all of you on your weight loss to date. I hope I have your willpower and can stay motivated.
    Diana x

welcome diana, flowerpower and nina, i can get away from here but I am struggling coz i have a bug, and eating much less…. anyway -trying to keep up motivits ladolce-charmaine, but otherwise not craving or binging…… Hi jigwip where did you read my history….?-do you still go to ww? maybe i should just to get back a pedomoter

Hey welcome Diana and thanks for the bit of history on yourself. You’re in the right place and sounds like you’re also in the right frame of mind. First steps are the hardest so big congrats on making it here πŸ™‚ The only tip I can give you is just ‘go with it’ I’ve lost a lot of weight over the years and thought i was able to predict what would happen if i eat what, but this way I find it very unpredictable, so don’t get disheartened easily, and spend more time on the wagon than off and you should see results πŸ™‚

Thank you both for the welcome. Hope you feel better soon davidrob.
    I am surprised that I am not feeling too hungry especially on a fast day. I am trying to keep busy today. I am not working because of the Bank Holiday. I am trying to keep to 1200 calories on non fast days. I wondered when you all eat on fast days. Do you just have one meal or have two or three smaller meals over the day? Which is better for weight loss?

diana, you will always feel hungry on a fast day, face it and live it! think of those non fast days! when you can encjoy and not calorie count your food!-thats how i treat weekends- i tend to eat mainly around meal times- but on fast days I will miss breakfast and weekends have a nice breakfast!-thats what keeps you going

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,349 total)

You must be logged in to reply.