My journey

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  claymic 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi
    I have just started the 5:2 journey. I am 35 F and need to lose about 7stones – huge task!!! i am also T2 diabetic. After months of being really bad with food i am back with testing etc and it is not pretty. So this is it! i want this to work.
    I am hoping that this post will help me stay on track! I weighed myself yesterday before my first fast day.

Weight: 254.6lbs
    Waist: 49.8″
    BMI: 37.7

I will weight myself weekly on Wednesday mornings going forward and will report.

Yesterday it was not too bad, i had two boiled eggs for breakfast, and then fish and veggies for dinner. During the day i had coffee, water and some buillion.

tomorrow it will be my second fast day!

wish me luck 🙂

cheers

C

Good luck claymic, you’ve got some proper motivation there by the sounds of it. You’ve made a great start and I’m sure you’ll see the benefits very soon.

Wishing you really good luck claymic – you sound like you have the determination and real motivation to succeed. This diet has worked so well for so many people that it is certainly worth a go.

I’m sure you’ll see some improvements soon – do keep us posted about your progress.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you claymic! Sounds like you’re off to a great start. Set smaller goals that can be reached within a month or so instead of looking at the total weight you want to lose, it’s always encouraging to reach a goal every so often. 5:2 really works, keep us posted!

All the best and I hope this works for you, it has for me after trying other ways. i am the lightest I have been in 2 years and am looking forward to my first stone gone. i am looking in half stone chunks rather than think of the overall amount as that seems so much.

Good luck with your journey. I look forward to reading your updates 🙂

Update – Week 1

It has been an up and down week. I started on Tuesday 3rd September but my weigh in days have always been Wednesdays, so this week i had three fast days in.

The results are encouraging considering that I have not been that good the rest of the time. Mainly the weekend – which i knew it was going to be a struggle. Also i have a history of binging – and i did binge Monday but not as bad as i usually do….and as i am diabetic any carbs i eat stick to me like glue.

inspite of everything here are my results:

Weight: 245.6 – 9lbs lost
    Waist: 49″ – last week i tried to measure the waist but not really have any, so changed this today to the girth round the belly button
    BMI – 36.3

I am surprised that i still lost weight. Makes me think how much more i could have lost had i been good all the way through. obviously i do not expect such a loss each week!!

so this week i am going to try harder to keep to the plan!!

Good luck everyone
    C x

Hi Claymic, that is wonderful!!! congratulations on doing good things for yourself. Be patient with yourself and continue to increase your healthy choices. no beating up on yourself for a little binge, you did eat less that you used to, so maybe binge isn’t the right word. 🙂 keep us posted,ok?

Update – Week 2

This week has been a bit up and down really. I have stuck to my fast days and i have started to include some exercise.

I honest thought i would not lose any weight this week.

Results:
    Weight 243lbs loss 2.6lbs
    round belly 48.5″ loss 0.5″
    BMI 35.9

All in all i am pleased. i need to concentrate more on not giving in to my comfort eating. and to continue with the exercise. it was nice to re discover my zumba fitness on the wii – mind you…i cant go far yet but hopefully it will change.

till next week…
    take care and happy fasting days 🙂
    Clay

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.