My Journey

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mommycakes 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Hello all,

I am a busy single mom in Texas and I am thrilled to start a weight loss program that can conform to my life, not dictate it. I am 24 years old, 5’6″, and 155 lbs (70.3 kilograms),and a BMI of 25.

As a side note, I have discovered that most of the people on this forum (and planet…) use kilograms. I hope my use of pounds doesn’t encourage you to avoid my posts.

My final goal is to weigh 130 pounds, and a BMI of 21. Then I can decide if I want to continue on. I have never weighed this little in my adult life so it’s difficult for me to visualize. I’ll try it anyway.

I will be using this thread as my weight loss diary as a way to keep myself accountable. Most of my coworkers and friends are just confused about my diet, therefore not very useful as support.

Wish me luck,
    Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

I’m not going to wish you luck.
    I wish you committment, endurance, and focus.

You and I must be around the same height (I’m 167cm 🙂 ) – but I have many more adult years than you do and a few more kilos to shift (approx 13 kilos so 29 pounds) to make it to my goal weight 67 kilos (148 pounds).
    I’m just on my second fast day today, and enjoying a massive curiosity of how this is going to go. Will follow your journey as you progress.

Cheers
    GG

Hi mommycakes! Welcome, welcome. I am not avoiding your post because of your mode of measurement! I think there is pretty even mix between the two. I don’t worry too much about converting the numbers – if someone has lost weight then that is awesome, whatever the weight is 🙂
    I am also 5’6″ (but had to look at your post to see which way around to put the ‘ “. 5″6’ looks funny? Haha?).
    I am also aiming (kinda) for a weight (60kg) which I haven’t been in my adult life, and am also finding it a bit hard to visualise!!! Bit by bit we will get there. I look forward to following your progress 🙂

Hey Cakes! We sound quite alike, except that you’re currently weighing in a lot lighter than me 😉 I’m 22 and weight in at 85.5kg at the moment (That’s… 188 something pounds). So I can’t wait to weigh in at your current weight! Like you I’ll then see where I am, but this feels like a way of life I can sustain for a long, long time. So I guess I’ll strand somewhere eventually 😉

Like the others I won’t wish you luck, because I know you can do this. Luck has nothing to do with it. (And we have to stand strong as two of the few youngsters on here!)

haha thanks, you’re right. I need all the commitment, endurance, and focus I can get. It’s my second day of fasting. Right now I am in the classroom (i’m an assistant teacher) and all the children are having lunch. The hallway smells like somebody’s pizza and down the hall is a bake sale going on. So here I am, on this forum for support to get through this moment. I am so grateful that this site is here and people like you to get me through this temptation. We can do it.

Hmmm yeah I can imagine that’s tough. I have daily challenges like that, because my colleagues tend to eat a lot around me (sometimes they even bring in KFC for lunch…) and every few days they hand out stuff. So last Wednesday they gave me a mini Snickers bar (and I bloody LOVE snickers). Now here in China it’s very rude to say no to stuff like that so I took it, brought it home and saved it for my next non-fast day. Tough work though!
    Like you say, we can do it. And I also love the Nike slogan with this diet… “Just do it.” Sometimes I notice I get inside my own head a bit too much, with cravings and stuff like that – but then I just ground myself and go “Well you’re the one who controls your muscles. Just don’t eat. It’s not that hard.” (Sometimes this doesn’t work and I pig out a bit anyway, but that aside).

1 week, 2 fast days:

Well my official weigh in is this morning, i only lost 1 pound. I feel slightly dissapointed and have been obsessing about it all morning. When I look back critically over this week, I was really good during my fast day but absolutely horrible on my non fast days. I went out to eat at a restaurant 4 times!!!ridiculous. It’s amazing that I haven’t gained weight this week. So i’ve had a stern talk to my impulsive side about whether I really want to lose weight. If so, I need to take it seriously. So this week, I’ll be exercising 30 minutes every non fast day and no restaurants, period.

That being said, this week is thanksgiving and I anticipate many pies and liquor in my near future. Don’t you love starting a diet in the middle of the holidays??? regardless, my goal is 2 pounds this week.

Today is my fast day and i’ll be cooking food for thanksgiving. let’s test my will power, bring it on!

i’ve fallen from grace.

I was helping make rolls for thanksgiving lunch at the school I work at and completely snuck two. you have to understand, they were from scratch and i was kneading and kneading and needing them and before I knew it I ate two. I feel sick now and i’m not sure if it’s from the raw egg or the complete self loathing I feel. ugh so ashamed.

I’m still under my 500 and am detirmined to save my fast day from being completely ruined… god save me i’m going to have to eat cabbage water for dinner

mommycakes

have not had those in years

definatly miss them how many cals were they especially w/ butter?

look @ my thanksgiving post mayb u can add a glutten free one since ur a cook

would luv the help

http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/thanksgiving-any-countries-have-that-2-trying-2-do-gluten-free/

don’t feel ashamed u can always add another fast day

or lowcarb/ketosis day

or just start over

the fact that u started this lifestyle means u r on ur way

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 5/2 & 4/3 & 6/1 & adf or 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or 5/1/1 or adf w/1 & the fdl (fastday lifestyle) 😀

enjoy ur thanksgiving

usa

Don’t feel too bad Cakes! It happens, and I can understand that it’s hard to keep up if you’re around lovely food like that…
    What did you end up doing for an evening meal? I really hope you stayed within your 500 calories so it becomes a victory instead of a loss!

Week 2 weigh in. 3 pounds for the week, 4 total pounds lost

weighed in this morning at 151 pounds, bringing total weight lost to 4 pounds. I only had one fast day last week but still lost 3 pounds- great considering I made it through thanksgiving without being a glutton. Today is the first fast day of week three. going well so far.

3 pounds in a week is very good!! Congrats! And good luck this coming week, I’m sure you’ll do great if you incorporate two days instead of one again, seeing how you lost that much weight last week on just one day.

Did the kid(s) enjoy Thanksgiving?

yes it was a good week. I was running everyday too which probably had a lot to do with the weight loss.

My daughter really enjoyed thanksgiving, she helped me make cheesecake. big mess, lots of fun.

146 pounds today, my pants are much looser

6 pounds in 2 weeks? That’s very good!! Congrats! I had to convert your weight to kg, 66kg is really, really good ^^ You’re around my target weight, haha!

Thanks for the update, and keep going strong! 😀

Oh and p.s., how was the cheesecake?

Yes, It’s very good that 3 pounds in a week is very Nice!! Congrats from my side! And good luck this coming week and for future as well. Thanks for sharing….

Thanks for the support. It was really a shock when I stepped on the scale since I wasn;t regularly weighing myself anymore. I kept rechecking the scale.

Nika, The cheesecake was amazing although not as pretty as I had hoped

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply.