My first fast day

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MountainMyst 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Hi,
    I just had my first fast day on Thursday (Female/42 yrs old/Boston, MA).
    In the morning, since I was hungry, I had a sargento cheese stick (80 cals). I felt satisfied for a few hours. I had another one for lunch (80 calls). By 4:00 I was ravenous. My kitchen is being renovated so I ordered broccoli soup for dinner from a cafe (310 calls). I ate around 4:30.
    The night was really really tough. I was starving. I was up most of the night being hungry. I will definitely plan better now that I have access to my kitchen and eat low calorie veggies and low calorie protein. I’ve been doing very low carb for a few weeks and feel relieved to add more healthy carbs on my off day. Eating low carb did make me realize how much more filling eggs and turkey bacon is vs. a bagel or cereal.
    My day after the fast, I did indulge in some higher carb items after weeks of being restricted, but did not snack all day. Today, the second day after the fast, I didn’t even get hungry until 1:30pm. I’m trying not to ever eat unless I am hungry.

Looking forward to the journey. I have about 50 lbs to lose (recently lost 20 lbs doing ww-then low carb).

You do not say how much water you drink – I would recommend you drink at least 2 litres of water a day when you are fasting – I found that I was ravenous until I drank water – I would guess the body finds it easier to convert fat into energy when there is more water available

I am actually one of those strange people who only drink water. I’ve never drank tee, coffee..etc. Used to drink diet soda but stopped months ago. I get panicked if I don’t have water with me at all times.

I was scheduled to have my second fast be on Monday. But today, it’s already early afternoon and I haven’t been too hungry, so I’m making this my fast day. Just started a crock pot of minestrone soup for dinner that works out to 350 calories a serving, so i’ll have that and some fruit for dinner. I think i’ll be less hungry on fast days if I have a healthy dinner and skip breakfast/lunch.

I’m really loving this so far. I’m praying I’ll be able to use this tool the rest of my life.

Hi jennag, sorry your first day was so hard. like you I am trying to not eat unless I am truly hungry. as a result of doing the 5:2, I find that I’m seldom hungry in the mornings. I do a lot of 16:8 as a result. I love this way of eating. good luck with your plan and enjoy that soup. 🙂

Just completed my second fast (one day earlier than expected). It was 100% better than my first.
    Work up late, wasn’t hungry until afternoon and didn’t focus on it, so it eventually passed. I made a big crockpot full of minestrone soup and grilled some chicken for protein. Ate around 5:00 or so and it filled me up for the rest of the night. Such a better strategy for me..wait to eat one male later in the day. And think well about the best bang for the buck 500 cal meal. Soups are great for that.

So is 16:8 just mean every other day is a fast day? I’m excited to continue on this journey!

Hi jennag, sorry I took so long in replying. so glad your second day went better. Generally I only eat one meal on fast days. 16:8 just means that you fast for 16 hrs and do your eating in an 8 hr window. we usually eat supper early in the evening, around 5 pm. the next morning I generally don’t get hungry before 11 or 12. so many days I fast for 16 hrs, if not it’s usually 14 hrs at the least.

i’m thrilled to find that I don’t get hungry. it’s been pretty easy so far. I’m also eating low carb most of the time, at least as far as simple carbs go.

looking forward to hearing how you do as you continue. good luck and keep us posted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.