My 5:2 Story…Onwards and Downwards

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Soul Personal stories
My 5:2 Story…Onwards and Downwards

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stef. 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• “Try to be like the turtle…at ease in your own shell.”
    Bill Copeland

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this forum, and I’ve really been enjoying reading all of your stories. They are very inspiring!

I gave 5:2 a go a couple of months or so ago, without much success. I didn’t really think about it enough or prepare for my fast days, so I ended up giving up at 4pm each time and eating a giant sandwich or something. BUT, this time I’m a lot more motivated/prepared!

I’m starting with my first fast on Monday. For the rest of the week I’m planning to follow a generally healthy diet, and include some swimming and gym. I’m going to record my weight/measurements weekly on here to keep me motivated. I’m starting a new job (my first proper teaching job!) on September 1st, and I’m determined to start feeling more confident about the way I look.

Have a good week everyone,

LD

Welcome to the club! Your intentions are great and incorporating exercise is a fantastic idea! Small changes can go a very long way.

I have been on the diet for over six months now with great success. I am very close to maintenance. What helped me a lot was to log all of my food very precisely on MyFitnessPal. This is a free app that you can download and it works fantastically well. It even allows you to scan food items that you are consuming.

Another very useful item is a food scale. It is astonishing how easily one can under-estimate food intake or in fact over estimate exercise! I would log everything, even the small innocent looking cookie or sauces that you put into your salad.

Further, I got myself a fitbit One, which is a pedometer, which encourages me to move more. I also started to do much more exercise. Weight training can be very important to keep your existing muscles when losing weight overall. You do not have to join a gym for that. There are numerous YouTube videos out there that show you exercises that use your own bodyweight.

Anyhow, best of luck with your journey,
    Stef.

Hi Stef,

Thanks very much for your advice! I have downloaded MyFitnessPal, it looks fantastic. I mainly prefer swimming as an exercise but I will try to include a few lunges and press ups and things! I will also dust off my kitchen scales. Exciting!

XX

My fitness pal is my best friend lol

Good luck and look forward to your updates xx

Hi all,

I will be posting my starting weight and measurements later in today when I get home. Am currently doing my first fast. I’m coping reasonably well with the hunger (it’s 2pm) but I’m finding it’s really affecting my mood. I’m feeling pretty low, and just want to crawl into bed. Is this a pretty usual thing?

“Always do your best. What you plant now you will harvest later.”
    Og Mandino

Starting weight: 199lb
    Current weight: 198lb
    Overall loss: 1lb
    Goal: 140lb

Hello all,

So. A bit of a measly loss considering it’s been my first week and I have so much to lose. I totally know why that is though, I am eating SO much on my non fast days, and all the wrong foods. I think this is because I’m feeling so down about my weight (not exactly a logical response) and also because I have my final essay due in in 2 days and I haven’t even started it, so I am stress eating.

I’m hoping to do a lot better this week. I’m going out for a meal with OH on Friday night to celebrate end of uni, and am not planning to hold back, but I’m planning to do a bit of exercise to counteract it. Exercise and me don’t tend to mix very well, but I’m going to dust off my ridiculously expensive and unused gym membership and give it a go.

Hope you’re all having a good Tuesday, fast or no fast 🙂

LD

The good news is a) you did lose something and b) you know why you did not lose more!

When I started 5:2 I did not exercise very much. Now after seven months of being on this diet exercise is an essential part of my daily routine. The beauty of it is that it allows me to eat slightly more on my non fast days.

Anyhow, best of luck
    Stef.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.