Monday and Wednesday faster needed!!

This topic contains 1,034 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  10lbtogo 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,035 total)

• I think I’m destined to be called Elaine. haha

Good morning All- hope you are all doing well.
    I had a lovely day out with my daughter yesterday. We went to Glasgow shopping, lunch at Yo Sushi, ate the marinated aubergines, seaweed salad, edamame beans, one little vege dumpling and a glass of prosecco. I didn’t think that was too bad. Bought a new dress size 10, this is for my son in laws 40th birthday in November when we are all going to Tenerife, so that’s it – no putting the weight back on! This is the only item of clothing I have bought ( apart from 2 bras) since losing the weight, I obviously always bought clothes that were too small for me, (my goodness I did have some muffin tops going on). So most of my clothes don’t look too bad, probably better than they did! Apart from my favourite pair of denim shorts that I have had for years and years, I can now take them off without undoing the zip, lol.
    Finished the trip with a couple of glasses of wine and a good old chat in a lovely wine bar, and got the train home in a fuzzy haze!
    Have a lovely Sunday. Goosey x -your all very quiet.

Morning,

Goosey, sounds like you had a lovely day, and quite restrained. Well done on the size 10 dress! I am much the same in buying clothes that are a bit tight in hope that one day they will be loose or not buying as I think I will wait until I am thinner.

Had quiet day yesterday as starting a course and has some stuff to do for it. Much the same today I am afraid. Downside is that when I was a student some years ago I used to always munch when studying. Will need to knock that on the head as the cals in those sweets do mount up when you go through a good couple of packets in one day.

Well fast day tomorrow, God they come around really quickly or is that just a sign of getting older. All prepared for it anyway.

Hi all, hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
    Goosey you’ve done so well and that glass of prose co was well deserved.
    I’ve been so busy all last week and this weekend working and caring for my friends 97 year old father while she’s been on holiday. Would have thought I’d have lost a bit but no. Been terribly naughty with food this weekend and the rhubarb and caramelised apple crumble I made this morning hasn’t helped haha!!
    Oh well tomorrow is another day and I can start again.
    Just found some pics of me on my phone and can’t believe how much weight I actually lost on the fast diet last time. It was only about 10-14 lbs in weight but the difference in my shape is what really showed.
    Davinas 7 minute fit is in the DVD ready for when I get home from work tomorrow and I’ll be having nothing until my omelette at around 6pm.
    Good luck tomorrow everyone. X

Hi all,
    Weigh day for me and it’s good news, the two pounds I put on last week gone plus an extra pound!
    So I did the nekid dance around the bedroom.
    Goosey x

Great going Goosey,I keep hearing about prosecco, what is it??

Happy Monday all!

Looking forward to today as I have a yummy time over the past few days. I had cocktails in Amsterdam, ooooops! But I had fun and having fun still counts.

I couldn’t finish off my Pizza on Saturday night. (I normally could eat one all to myself) I was stuffed, so does that mean my stomach may be shrinking? Too early to tell perhaps.

Today I am planning on doing my all veggie meals. I got a thick Chinese soup to eat for my lunch soon and going to have a large salad, with hard boiled eggs and potatoes for my dinner later, with just a dollop of mayonnaise. I got my booklet ready and so far today have consumed the grand total of 2 calories! 😉 (Green tea!)

Good luck everyone for today!

Hi Emma, prosecco – is Italian sparkling wine, I think probably exactly the same as cava, according to myfitnesspal only 100cals for 296 ml. Goosey x

Hi all,

Have been doing 5:2 for a little while, but this is my first post on the forums as I really feel I need some support.

I fast on Mondays and Wednesdays, and I don’t find it a problem. My problem is my lack of willpower on the other 5 days. It doesn’t help that my husband has the most unhealthy diet imaginable, and I am open to sabotage. I always intend to eat healthily on my feast days, but then hubby will drop a 5 pack of donuts, chocolate and crisps into the trolley, and when he gets the donuts out we end up having 2 each then splitting the last one. I’m terrible at allowing the sabotage, so think I may well be popping in here on my non fast days.

Ah, thanks Goosey. Not really that fond of cava, but might give it another chance as it is diet wine.

Kitanda, Think we all suffer from lack of willpower on this thread, how are things going for you?, are you still losing weight whilst being a bit naughty on your other days?.

Well done Goosey x

Kitanda …same her, my hubby always eating chocolate or Magnum ice creams in front of me. Struggling today 🙁

My day is now over.

Much easier than my first ever fast.

I reached the grand total of 432 calories. So I have enough for a proper cup of tea later. 🙂

I ate and drank this today.

Water
    Green Tea 2
    Soup 87
    Juice 10
    Fruit tea 8
    Salad 325

My soup was a veggie soup with noodles and my salad was full of lettuce, rocket, red bell pepper, cucumber, dry chili flakes, cheese, pumpkin seeds, pine nut seeds, croutons and dressing. (250g)

Feeling really good, not hungry. How have everyone else’s day been?

Hi All and welcome Katanda,
    How have you all done so far today?
    I am passed my difficult time, just painted my nails going to brush my teeth and have an early bath so I know I won’t eat anything now.
    Be Good! Thanks to you all for your support, Goosey x

Where are you Katie, if your day is over?

I’ve had 2 coffees, quorn curry and cous cous today. 512 cals

Sorry posts crossed, that’s a great day KatieJoy, all sounds delicious.
    Difficult one Michelle and Katanda with the OH ‘s treats, can only suggest thank them and put it in the freezer for later, then feed it to them another day 🙂 Goosey x

Great day Emma, where is lazycat ? I hope she has had a good one too. X

Hi all,

Hope everyone has had a great fast day. I had (as expected) not the best weekend with regards to food and calories, but today was a fast day, ended up at 380 calories. It was much easier than last week, didn’t have to eat anything until dinner time 5 pm. Pretty hungry right now, but the day is more or less over now, even though there will be no food for me until lunch time tomorrow.

Glad to hear all the great results! Great job! very motivating to read.

Kitanda, I can relate! My husband is the same, he eats whatever he likes and never even puts on any weight. The annoying part is that he can just as well go a whole day without eating and not being bothered by it at all. It’s amazing, and a bit annoying. It really puts my discipline to test…and I fail more than I succeed but hoping to change that trend.

Have a good night everybody!

Well done Katie.
    That curry sounds good Emma!
    Just done the same Goosey, shower and hair washed…even shaved my arm pits haha!!
    Well done on your cal count today Patricia,very impressive!

Today I’ve had 1 satsuma a handful of cherries and a ham and cheese 2 egg omelette.
    Total calories today approx 412
    Feeling hungry this evening but I’m not giving in.
    Looking forward to my bagel with smoked salmon tomorrow lunchtime (I don’t eat breakfast)
    Night everyone….sweet dreams (about food?) x
    P.s bought some miso soup today…….eugh!! Not to my taste at all.

Hi all and welcome Kitanda, we all experience really good days then go totally crazy the next so your not alone.

Goosey, well done on the loss. Great news and gives me hope for further loss.

Up Edinburgh week and commuting so long long days. On a positive it reduces the time I have in the evening to munch and pick at nibbles. 295 cals today though I am tempted to have treat size packet of chocolate buttons as am tired. Thankfully I have meals frozen for the rest of the week. Chickpea and spinach curry defrosting for tomorrow and quorn chilli for fast on Wednesday.

I live in the Netherlands. 🙂

Hello all of you Monday and Wednesday fasters,
    I hope you have all enjoyed your non fast day, and are all prepared for another successful FD tomorrow!
    I am keeping fingers and toes crossed this week as I don’t feel that my extra 1lb loss, will stay with me, unless I have a really light week, so I intend to make a judgement on Fri morning and if it’s looking like a gain I am going to try and do an extra FD.
    Wishing you all good luck. Goosey x

Hi there!

Yesterday’s fast went on good, went to bed really hungry, woke up not hungry at all, fasted until 3 pm today, had a protein bar (120 cal), went to the gym at 5 pm for an hour of HIIT and weight training, went shopping for a new tennis racket, got back home at 8 pm for dinner (chicken in salad ‘wrap’ with homemade salsa of mango,avocado,chili,onion, yum!) I didn’t plan for a 500 cal meal today and I didn’t count the calories, but what a difference! I could not eat that much at all, even though I really tried my best, because I love that dish. Such a big difference from last week. I have no idea if I’ll see any results this week, but I am very happy that the fasting is not bothering me as much anymore, and that my stomach-volume seems to have decreased some. I’ll take that as a win 🙂

Have a great fast tomorrow everyone!

Good morning.

Sipping on a green tea this morning. Looking forward to a big soup and salad today.

Good luck everyone!

Looks like everyone’s getting on good this week.

I have to host a kids party this afternoon, biscuits, crisps, chocolate and all that stuff. Not looking forward to it at all.

I find Mondays & Wednesdays more convenient for me too!

I find that on the Fast Days eating fruit all day regardless of the calories has the same effect as calorie restriction. Has anybody else found this?

I was planning on measuring myself tomorrow. (First time since I started) but I started my period. I have read some of your opinions about weighing/measuring yourself when on your period and most avoid it. Should I wait till next week instead? Or should I just measure myself regardless even though I might not see a difference?

MagicSimon

I eat all veggie on my fast days. I find I can eat a lot more with very little calorie intake. Plus I have been wanting to add more vegetarian only meals to my weekly meals anyway, so this is a good excuse!

I still do calorie count though.

How much fruit do you eat on fast days?

Hi Katie,

Today I have had a Grapefruit for Breakfast, 2 full punnet of strawberries and I will eat around 4 to 6 Apples depending on how hungry I feel. The rest of my intake is fluids e.g Tea with a very small amount of milk and a couple of litres of water. so this puts me at around 1000 calories intake on a fast day. I have read from other books that the calories in fresh fruit are negligible anyway due to the fact that fruits require very little digestion compared to concentrated cooked foods and they are naturally detoxifying. I am loosing weight around 2-3 pound a week but I am doing a Friday morning so it is more like 4 and a half / 2 and a half ratio.

Interesting!

Hey All,
    I have started the EOD, so far I have been successful during the week. The weekend is hard. I basically eat whatever I want every other day and keep the intake to only 500 calories on the other days. I feel that choosing two days a week would be much easier and mainly because you can choose the days and not have to feel like you can only eat so much on certain days.

I am also a beachbody coach and if you go to my profile I have my contact info for anyone interested in joining groups on facebook to hold yourself accountable as well. I can share the benefits of the products (workouts, shakeology, etc)

I look forward to hearing about what everyone eats on their fast days and experiencing the new easier way of losing some extra lbs. 🙂

My day is over.

I reached 424 calories. So I have a few left over for a cup of tea later and a small nibble on something.

I ate;

A veggie soup for lunch and had a lovely salad for dinner.

I drank green tea and water. I also had a berrocca, only 6 calories per tablet (orange flavor)

Hi All, another FD under our belts!
    I hope your party went well Emma, the trouble with a children’s party is you need a glass of wine on the go in the kitchen, just to keep you going!
    Welcome Magic, if the fruit works for you great,! Personally I Would only eat fruit at breakfast time, with full fat Greek yog and chia seeds, tend to go for veg soups at lunch and protein and green veg for dinner.

KatieJoy another great day for you, keep posting what your eating, I find it so interesting.Yeh I am really nosey!
    Regarding weighing and measuring, I think it is very much a personal decision, I weigh twice a day, first thing in the morning and just before my dinner in the evening. I record these weights, but the only weight that I report is Monday morning first thing, the other weights are for my information only and have to be taken in context eg time of the month, or if you have had a busy time ect ect.
    Hope this helps, good luck to all Goosey x

Hi all and welcome Magic Simon and Stay C Jeans.

I must be honest and haven’t done a fast this week however think that I have stayed under TDEE. Travelling to Edinburgh daily is working out to be nearly a 14 hour day. Feeling exhausted and really struggling to get motivated. Have girlie lunch Saturday which usually means taxi home full of gin at shutting time. Mat try fast on Thur or Fri but not optimistic. Not optimistic about weight loss this week.

Good luch to everyone who has their weigh in over the next couple of days!

hi guys i started this last year and i also stopped at xmas and not got back on it. Mon and wed are my best days to fast so I’m going to join you guys. I’m going to read my book to refresh tonight and hopefully get on this again. Wine is my downfall but my other half has been ill and on antibiotics so can’t drink so I’m going to support him and stay off it.
    thanks for fab thread. Here goes!!!

Hi Stay and Nicknack. ( sorry Nicknack, every time I read your name I am going to have to sing the rhyme in my head, it may drive me mad!)
    Lazycat, can you turn your commute into a positive, don’t take anything to eat with you on the train, only water, I learned this a while ago when I was travelling up and down to Newcastle every week to look after my mother who was poorly. I had read a book “French women don’t get Fat” I love this book, anyway a French thing is- it’s very un chic to snack, or eat on the run, unless your at a table with a napkin you don’t eat. That stopped my Cornish pasties from a paper bag, then I started to watch just what people do eat on trains, OMG it’s just unbelievable, I had been as guilty as anyone it’s just dead time so you fill it eating crap, look around you its enough to put you off. I now have a rule no eating in trains, planes and automobiles. Well you may very well not be eating on the train, just thought I would have a ramble. Goosey x

Hi fasters,

Yesterday’s fast went alright, I ended up at around 450 cal, a bit over what I had planned for, but I was really hungry, I guess fasting 3 days in a row wasn’t the best idea ever. Will have to spread them up a bit more when doing 3 FDs.

Today is a normal day, looking forward to having lunch and dinner, as well as a game of tennis later this afternoon.

14 h days and still within your TDEE is not bad lazycat. For how long do you have to commute back and forth to Edinburgh? Is it temporary?

Regarding eating on the train- i used to have a long train ride to work everyday, 1,15 h each way, and especially in the mornings it was so difficult to resist a bun with my coffee…It’s intresting gooseylucey, we do tend to eat a lot when travelling on trains, planes, etc. Wonder why that is..I didn’t have too much to eat as I’ve been on the 16:8 for a long time, but I always had my morning coffee on the train, that was a must!

Hi all, welcome to all the new people.

Yesterdays fast day went great until about 7pm, went for a walk, stopped in a bar, was planning on a diet coke but got bought a beer, could have said no but no, I drank 3!!!. Then came home and had my dinner and left over party snacks also wine!!.

Weigh day today, I lost 1 pound!!!. How does that happen????.

Morning all.

Well done Emma, does it matter how it happened a loss is a loss lol.

I’m 2lb down today. I think it takes time to catch up with me

The suns shining and I’m decorating but at least I’ll burn a few calories.
    Have a great day everyone

So measured myself today. (No weighing as my scales are crap)

I have lost a tiny weeny bit of weight.

Most drastically is my bust. I started at 38 inches and today I measured 36.5inches. I lost a tiny bit off my waist. Started at 33 inches, now at 32.6inches. I gained an inch on my hips. Stayed the same on my thighs and lost one inch off my arms.

I will keep at it and measure myself again in another two weeks!

Great news Emma! Now that sounds like a good way of losing weight 🙂

I had 8-9 pieces of chocolate this morning (30-35 calories each) 🙁 not acceptable! It’s not a fast day but still, I would never have done that on a “normal day”, not sure what happened, besides low self control obviously. Really need to see something on the scale this week, three weeks in, need results!

Hi,

Well done everyone who lost weight or inches. Have decided not to weigh myself this week as am scared of the results. Been munching crap between lectures and at night due to being over tired and stressed with IT problems (more like IT skills).

Goosey, thank you for your kind words of support and advice about eating on trains. Will need to adopt the French attitude to eating me thinks. After this week I will only have to travel to Edinburgh one day every 2 weeks, so that’s one problem sorted. Just need to stop stress eating when course work in due.

Girls lunch on Saturday so really going to try hard and not make it a very boozey day leading to night.

Patricia, am in your chocolate munching gang although I have been eating chocolate day and evening most days this week. Tell myself it is for energy but know that is totally rubbish.

Off to bed soon and back to Edinburgh tomorrow. Roll on Friday at 7.30 band will be back home.

Well done you losers 🙂
    That’s the way to do it Emma, what have you got left to lose? It can’t be much, 4 lb? Did you have a beer because it is sooooo warm there? It’s freezing in Scotland. 🙁
    Great result Michelle & KatieJoy.
    Get the chocolate out the house girls!!! If it was in my house I would eat it, without a doubt!
    I have always been in awe of people who can carry a little packet of nuts or a biscuit “just in case” they get hungry, it burns a hole in my pocket/bag and plays on my mind until I have eaten it.
    I am definitely an abstainer not a moderator.
    Have a lovely weekend all, Goosey x

Hi Guys,

Yes goosey, just 4lb left.

I’ve just worked out that it’s taken 4 months to lose 10lb, which isn’t too bad considering I’ve had so many weeks of staying the same. One week off, and one cheat day.

I’m hoping now that I will have hit target by the end of July, definitely achievable if I behave.

Good luck everyone.

Elc, I admire your determination to keep going on weeks that you stay the same. Sometimes I think all that hard work and no results or worse an increase in weight. Anyway back to my usual routine next week so that should make fasting and staying away from chocolate, cakes and other snacks a bit easier. Fingers crossed!

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and good luck for the fasts next week.

Hi all,

Well I have decided that I have some serious making up to do as totally pigged out over the past week. Although there is only so much damage that can be undone in 1 week. Anyway I live in hope! I am all set for the week ahead and have decided to drastically my carbs and cheese next week. Have no bread or cheese in the house and hope that I don’t give into temptation during the week. Have loads of berries, yoghurt and fruit if I fancy a munch.

Good luck for tomorrows fast!

Hi everyone. I’ve just joined. I tried 5:2 for a couple of months previously but found it difficult after my initial motivation ran out. I’m determined this time to stick with it and Mondays and Wednesdays work best for me. I’ve got about 1 stone to lose after over indulging after getting married, new job etc. I always struggle early evenings so was interested reading all your tips for keeping up the motivation. Wish me luck!

Hi all and welcome MAIA.

MAIA, I think we all struggle in the evenings and we try and keep busy by pottering about or using this forum. I personally feel better in the evening after 8.30ish. It is crazy as I get home from work around 5.30 and really it is only a 3 hour window that I need to control my cal intake and avoid munching. Anyway sometimes it is easier than others. Hope that you get on ok today.

Good luck to everyone!

Good morning all,

Welcome Maia great to have you along, be assured this diet works! It sometimes takes a while to get into your groove, because it flexible, you try out different things/timings/ foods, all the time though your going down. If in doubt don’t eat!

It’s my weigh day today and am delighted to say 1 lb off and 1/2″ off my waist. Delighted. 🙂

Happy fasting all Goosey x

Hi Goosey, well done on your loss! That’s great news just what I needed to refocus me and keep me motivated after my week of over indulgence. You must be at your target weight or not far off it Goosey. Off on sick leave today as have the cold and can barely speak so may struggle to control what I am eating. Usually I go with that saying feed a cold and starve a fever but hopefully not today.

Hi everyone,
    Just started my first fast day today – never tried this before but several people close to me have and have all experienced success. Wishing you luck Maia – I’m thinking this afternoon stretch is going to be the tough part if today is anything to go by. Reading through all of these posts has been helpful – looking forward to reading more. Hoping to stay strong! Best of luck to all!

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 1,035 total)

You must be logged in to reply.