MODY 2 (mutation of Glucokinase gene) and fasting

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
MODY 2 (mutation of Glucokinase gene) and fasting

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Zeffer 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Hello all, I am hoping someone with a more scientific brain than mine can help.

I have MODY 2 caused by a mutation in the glucokinase gene. The upshot of this is that I always have elevated blood sugar levels. E.g. after a two day complete fast, I will remain at 6.6. It is asymptomatic, so I don’t take tablets etc. but I have now started putting on weight following a broken hip (cycling accident) and two years of low activity. I am 43 years old and determined to lose my stomach fat and wondered if this diet might still work even though my blood sugars will never get low and trigger some of the processes mentioned in the book.

I will try it anyway I think and feedback, but as my condition is fairly unusual, the GP cannot help me decide the best course of action.

Is there anyone else out there with this condition that has tried this, or someone that understands the processes better? Will my sugar levels mean that none of the rewards from fasting (like the the cells going into repair mode) ever happen? Many thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply.