Milky Tea Diet

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  puratyorganic 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

• Hello there,

I don’t mind the fasting but I can’t take not having a proper cup of tea! So I’m off food completely for 24hrs on Mondays and Thursdays but I do insist on drinking proper cups of tea, so no working out 500 cals or whatever. I think its going to suit me better.

No sugars mind.

hello and welcome, what ever works for you. although sugar is 19 cals a tea spoon so maybe you can afford your sugar if thats all your having. best of luck x

Hi Yorkshire Lad, like you, I can’t bear the thought of tea without milk. Almost half of my 500 calorie allowance goes on milk for tea and coffee throughout the day. The rest gets spent on a reasonably sized evening meal (usually on the theme of chicken with veg). How do you get on with abstaining completely from food, by the way?

Mug of tea and milk , no sugar is only 15 calories. We allow ourselves 3 a day so it takes 45 calories off our allowance.

We couldn’t do without our tea!!

Only 3 symba7? I normally squeeze 3 in by 10am ๐Ÿ˜‰

I drink tea all the time, up to 12 cups a day. Weaned myself off milk and sugar, so its no caloties at all…………..

Aye up,

I weened myself off sugar in tea long ago, so no problem there. Tea with sugar in tastes like syrup to me now so that’s no problem but it just isn’t the same without a spot of semi in for me. I must drink 6 or 7 cups a day!

I find the complete day long fast ok., though breakfast next morning is a treat. At first I found the hunger a bit tough, I dildn’t sleep too well but I’m used to it now. Having seen the Horizon programme I just thought, if Dr M can manage it so can I.

Hi Guys,

I have tea as well I love my tea as an Aussie girl!!! I started having tea then switched to a green tea with Jasmine no sugars I absolutely hated green tea I think you have to find one that you like also have changed to almond milk in my normal tea and only half about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and that still tastes sweet to me now

Are you guys abstaining from altogether ???

Hi, I am an Aussie tea lover too! Just with milk tough.

I also fast for 24hrs and have found the absolute hardest thing was not to abstain from eating but to abstain from my serial tea drinking habit! I persevered and found that itโ€™s been interesting really. Pre fasting there were times I found myself feeling slightly queasy and not being able to put my finger on why. I realize now it was probably too much tea โ˜น

I have found a few teas I now use on my fast days just to give my system break from the usual black tea with milk. I love Nerada Organics esp Lemon and Ginger, also Rosehip. And if Iโ€™m feeling hungry before bedtime I have a strong peppermint tea- it kind of feels like a meal to me when I feel hungry!!

When you say that you fast for 24 hours is that a straight 24 hours like eg day 1 eat dinner and then break the fast on day 2 at dinner ??

I’m new and still a little confused???

Yes memstarina, that’s just what I do. I eat breakfast then nothing until the next breakfast. But I think most people would have a couple of smaller meals throughout the day. I personally find it easier to do a straight fast as I find I love a break from meals and meal planning etc. That’s the beauty of this approach, you find what suits you best and go with that.

how long have you been doing this for and have you lost weight?

Memstarina, personally have been doing this since April and have lost 8kgs so far. 51 years old and VERY happy with this rate, though am not not only interested in weight loss but feel fasting has other benefits for me. Have you actually started or still researching? There are some good discussions on the forums. If you a look through them you can see how others tackle it as well. Good luck with it!
    Btw did you see the original “Eat, Fast and Live Longer” on SBS? If not, it’s really worth a look.

Jassey, I have actually started I am in the second week 4th fast day, I lost 300gms the first week not much but was still happy I an interested in the health benefits as well I have taken blood tests last Friday and want to re test after maybe 3 months to see the difference.

I did see the Eat fast and live longer doco which is what got me interested.

The only other thing is that I feel the cold so much when I fast is that a common effect of fasting?

Memstarina,

Yes, I feel a lot colder since doing 5:2, more so than usual.

TidyChick and memstarina,

Re feeling the cold: yes, me too, though only notice it on fast days. Makes this beautiful spring weather all the more welcome!
    The other thing I notice is that I feel ready for bed about an hour earlier than usual, then sleep like a log til morn.
    Memstarina, good for you on going it a go, we don’t know til we try. Would be interesting to see your tests after 3 months.

In regards to the cold yep my hands and feet freeze when I fast like today ๐Ÿ™ but on feed days its not too bad, also I noticed I get tired much earlier than usual and sleep well.
    In regards to the tests – I will update my profile once I have the results, hopefully tonight or tomorrow and then will post the next lot in 3 months so keep an eye out for the results
    Thanks

Regarding headaches, haven’t had many in my life, but have had dull ones with 5:2. Although at 14+ weeks in, they seem to be less frequent. It helps to know it could be a result of your body detoxifying.

Hello everyone i am new here!!!!!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply.