Migraines

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  snedger 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I know some folk have had problems with migraines/headaches but after 6 months or so on the 5:2 I have just realised I`ve been getting fewer migraines. Anyone else?

Hi, I’m still having them, but they are only lasting for a couple of days instead of a week. I call that an improvement. I have read that others had also had good improvement. Hope they continue to get fewer for you.

My migraines are always post excessive garlic intake.
    I’ve had more reactions since I started fasting, but fasting may not necessarily be the cause – could be that when I’ve eaten out, or bought prepared meals, there’s just been more garlic than my threshold – whatever that is.

I too am a lifelong migraine sufferer, think I do get fewer now, but get more general headaches. I don’t mean to be rude, but this forum is the fast diet forum. I think every topic now has a post offering a free diet book. Think most people on here want to see their way to getting to grips with this lifestyle rather than wanting another. Or is it just me?

I agree toms mantis – tomas seems to be spamming the forum with the ‘free’ (please excuse my cynicism, I generally see free things like pigs might view their barn) diet book. I too would appreciate if it stopped as yes, this is a forum for people supporting eachother on the 5:2 diet.

Iwant2Bincontrol. I hate saying anything negative about people posting on here, it can be perceived as bullying I suppose, but this bugged me! Glad I’m not the only one. Agree with you, anything offered as free usually has a catch. Happy fasting.

I thought that this thread was examining how fasting might effect susceptibility to migraine? Please don’t detract from the topic 🙂 (unless you’re a troll, then that’s ok, make the internet rubbish for everyone)

Sorry snedger, was just discussing the dude who spammed every single thread (well, it seemed like it, this one included), as well as creating a new topic every hour or so with a link to get a free diet book. He didn’t mention migraines either. I reported it so they have now all been deleted.
    I don’t get migraines so I will have to leave it to someone else to get back on topic.
    Cheers

Iwant2Bincontrol,
    Thanks for your politeness – refreshing 🙂
    My comment was not at you – ’twas at the twit 🙂

Thanks for the share. I also having the same problem when i go out in summer or winter time at afternoon and came home. I cant able to stop one side headache and as well as i have at evening when i had a short sleep.

Regular, gentle exercise helps to reduce tension and ward off stress, a well-known trigger for many migraine sufferers. Exercise also triggers the release of endorphins, which act as a mild sedative.
    Source: http://www.leanonlife.com

jacob,
    That’s an interesting approach – most people, I think, tend to crash out in a blacked out room. Most of my migraines are not mega, so I try to distract my pain by keeping busy – maybe I picked a lucky strategy. But really with a mega migraine, pulling yourself up to do anything would be a HUGE effort – wonder if anyone could even try the experiment – BTW I am not going to deliberately induce a mega migraine – but chances are that I will get one before xmas – so if that happens I will try and do much exercise to see what happens.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.