May to December

This topic contains 54 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  catinhat 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

• Haha Lindy, I recognise that from last year – my mom would actually bring me stuff all day long the few days after Christmas.

Congrats on not gaining weight though!! Sounds like you really enjoyed Christmas, so not gaining is a victory on itself then 😉

That’s true Nika!
    I seem to be plateauing again atm – which is fine as long as I don’t gain.
    I still look forward (in our perverse way) to a fasting day but have to be really determined not to break my fast by sneaking something I shouldn’t. I fasted yesterday and all went fine until about 8pm when a small piece of stilton started calling to me from the fridge. I know I should have gone to bed, but I don’t sleep well at the best of times so going early would result in me getting up at about 1am! So I shared about 1oz (yeah thats all my husband put back in the fridge!)with my two new kittens.
    I also found a great way to use a few hours away from food and with just a bottle of water on a fast day – the cinema!
    We saw The Railway Man yesterday afternoon, harrowing and very moving. Apparently there is a ‘Senior Citizen’ film show each Monday (one of my fast days and my husbands only fast day)at 1pm – ideal! So next week we are seeing Captain Phillips.

Good news about my husband’s blood profile – all are low on the normal range scale again. Cutting out sugar in hot drinks (2teaspoonsful in sometimes 8 drinks a day) obviously helped and after 4 weeks of 5:2 he is now doing 6:1 to maintain blood glucose levels. He also lost 8lbs initially all from around his waist so that was also a gain.
    I have also lost another 1lb this week so feel back in control.
    My little kittens have also lost weight this week. They visited the vet and both were spayed. Jack the little boy, was none the worse for wear, and Holly was also much more lively than I expected. I am still waiting for the 24 – 48 hours of drowsiness to kick in with them (strike waiting insert hoping). I had forgotten what bundles of mischief kittens were!
    Have already spent the best part of an hour surfing the forum so best go and think about how to use my 500 in the tastiest way – yep moved my fast to a Saturday this week 🙁

Sounds like you are doing really well – congrats on the loss and yay for kittens! Thank you also for your encouraging words in my journal. 🙂

Best,
    -catinhat

Hi catinhat!
    I am plodding along with weight loss atm – but this is a life thing so no big rush.
    Kittens have had their post op checks and are fit and healthy and can now spent some time outdoors expending their energy! I did buy a laser pointer, which they love to chase – this is how they have been getting exercise over the last couple of weeks.
    Fasting today (Sunday!!) as we are out for lovely lunch tomorrow.
    Ought to close this thread now its January and set myself a new target 🙂

I really like what you said there, Lindyw….that this is a life thing, so no big rush. I have a type a sort of personality, and I expect a lot from myself…meaning, I’m much harder on myself than I would be on, well, anyone else. So I’m going to do my best to remember what you said – this is a life thing!

Our cat loves the laser pointer too. She’s a few years old, and when we get it out, she’s instant kitten!

Enjoy your lovely lunch tomorrow! 🙂

-catinhat

Viewing 6 posts - 51 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply.