May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 695 total)

• Day 3 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 4 — NFD

Yesterday’s weigh in showed no change, so I’ve initiated a couple of more small changes for this week. With any luck that will change the readings next time. By the way the season finale of “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist” just got over and made me all teary-eyed. It was really beautiful and oh so timely. If you’ve missed this show I believe all the episodes are on Hulu. It’s been one of the most original TV shows that I’ve seen for some time.

Peace to all!

Day 3, Québec, NFD

Hi
    @lily Martin, I remember you from previous challenges. I did about the same thing as you did. In and off, and gaihing weight, especialy during our confinement because of the pandemic. However I guess I ate so much chips and chocolate and cookies that I came to the point where I felt like coming back on the wagon. Let’s wish ourselves courage and tenacity. Being a health professionnal, I’m sure you must be very courageous !

Today was a NFD, it went much smoother that I had I expected. Îm proud to notice that I ate rather well and that I didn’t even reach my TDEE.

Bonjour tout le monde x

@lilymartin – great to see you back with us again! Yes, I am still here. Maintenance is about as challenging as losing. Just ask me. Well, seems like you know that…. You’ll get back to your goal weight, you know, just be judicious and give it time. Hugs to my WA friend.

Day 4, FD, Aus

I’m committing to a FD. I AM!! It was a minus-start to the day and I always feel cold on FDs so am feeling pretty miserable and watching my mojo gallop off into the distance.

But if I don’t get this 5:2 routine down pat this month, when will I.

Day 4 pocket list:
    @penz!!

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all! There is great energy here at the moment! I think everyone has been shocked and knocked back by the recent dramatic changes to our lifestyle but are now settling into a new normal/rhythm… Be strong everyone … we will get through this 👍 what a resilient species we are 🤔❤️

It’s a bank holiday here, as in many places, and I’m still looking after mum and dad so another NFD for me… my FDs this week will be Tues and Thursday with maybe one more thrown in because I’m eating more Carbs than usual here…
    Their diet is just as it always has been with lots of white bread, sugar etc… but at 86 and 91 they are proof that carbs are not all bad as long as eaten in moderation… I just can’t do that and binge as soon as I have some toasted white pan or sugary biscuits or cakes 😂. These foods (and alcohol) just make me feel rubbish if I eat too much of them..

@at, that’s funny, autocorrect replaced Whitton with Whittington 😂😂😂 yes I’ve been over to cheer friends on too and it’s one of my bucket list challenges… my longest ride to date in one day is 175km so just shy of the 113 miles BUT that ride was not as hilly/crucifying as the FWC would be… I love climbing though so we’ll see … one day maybe. Although I’m getting a little old and creaky now for those distances…that may just be an excuse 🙄😂

@judyjudes and @cavanya – it’s great to have you back on board! And hi to all the regulars who are back with us for this month 👍
    @matpi thanks for the recommendation I must look up Zoe’s extraordinary playlist 👏

Have a good day everybody!
    As @lilymartin says “May The Fourth be with You! 💪 “
    Particularly to @penz and the Pocketeers!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Yet another bright and sunny morning, going to be a warm one today!

Explored a bridleway yesterday, I’ve passed it many a time, but it looked to me heading away off in the wrong direction. As we were wandering past thought we’d give it a try and see where it took us.
    What an eye opener, had looked at it on the map and it does go off in a direction that was off to nowhere (a main road eventually) But as often happens in this area, it turns out there are footpaths that are not shown on the maps! Brilliant as it turns out, from this bridleway we can get to another area which we often used to visit. However, now we can visit without resorting to taking the car, the car park access area is at the far end of the loop, but by using the bridleway and footpaths, we can access at a point nearer home, leave the car at home! Happy days.

Greenhouse going like the clappers now, tomato plants have started setting an incredible amount of fruit as are the peppers, all the planters with summer bedding are racing on. Herbs really prolific, but the star of the show, growing for the first time this year, Thai Basil. Fabulous flavour sprinkled on salads etc, better than ordinary Basil, much stronger flavour and an aniseed taste, very good indeed.

Take care all

Day 4 pocket list:
    @penz
    @ihatelettuce

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@judyjudes – welcome back! But it’s day 4 for everyone, ie the day’s date, depending on your time zone.

@lilymartin – ‘May the 4th be with you’ 😅 Good luck finding that mojo. We WILL make this a great month!

@saffy420 & anyone who’s interested – an article from the Daily Mail at the weekend. Imagining what life could be like a year from now if a vaccine still hasn’t been found. Fascinating & a little depressing at the same time https://mol.im/a/8279061

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 4 Australia FD
    Well I’ve got through the day! I’m about to stir fry (I the wok)shredded sprouts with pine nuts or sesame seeds. with a little sesame oil at the end. Delicious, hard to believe they’re sprouts.
    haven’t decided on anything else yet!
    Chai etc (without milk) and other caffeine free black teas have got me thru the day!
    One day down one to go.
    No sun today I’m looking forward to better weather tomorrow.

Day 4 UK FD

First fast of the month for me – I like to think I’ve got the <500 cal fasts sorted now 🤞but one of my May initiatives is use MFP Shocked to find yesterday that after accurately recording EVERYTHING I came in at nearly 2000 cals So my new aim is to revisit my NFD s
    Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle

May the 4th be with you

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Another bright blue sky day, nothing much planned for today, bit of housework and my daily walk…..surprising how quickly the days are passing doing not much. Joining today’s fasters for company. Have a good day everyone 🤗

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

Hi everyone!
    Day 1 NFD
    Day 2 NFD
    Day 3 NFD

Day 4 London UK FD

Weighed myself after a relatively indulgent weekend yet close to my TDEE I think. Back up at 66kg compared with the post-fast 65 from last week. Must be mainly water. Going in with a strong FD today – sipping coffee and will work out soon.

Good luck to all the fasters!

Hi everyone.
    I haven’t been on here since the 9th feb and am now 11 pounds heavier!!! Life has got in the way and I began to comfort eat and lost my focus.
    I know this wol works so I am back and hoping to get my mojo back with healthy eating and recording on map to help me track.
    You all appear to be doing well and it’s nice to see a lot of you are still logging on and sharing xx

Caroline

Day 4 UK FD

I know it’s only day 4 but struggling to get back into the swing this month! Need to stay out of the kitchen…

Good luck to all fasters today and stay safe…

Hello, I am starting the challenge tomorrow. Would like to be a part please!

Day 4, London, UK, NFD,

Short & sweet from me today!!

Good luck on starting the new job @saffy420, you’ll be grand!!!

Way to go @aussiejill, I love sprouts, they’re so versatile, roasted in the oven with a dash of balsamic vinegar is my favourite. YOU’VE GOT THIS!!! You’ll find the FDs become easier and easier, then you’ll discover it’s the NFDs you have to worry about like @brightonbelle ………………. it never ceases to amaze me just how many calories some things contain!!!!

Welcome back @caroline-esty-akporokah 5:2 may be easy, but sometimes we throw ourselves off of the wagon for some unknown reason!!! Climb back aboard, we’ve plenty of room!!!

Stay strong everyone!! And remember…………………..

“Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.”

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

“May the 4th be with you” today. We need all the positive forces we can get these days, don’t we? Life can be a struggle, just living, but add the problems of the pandemic, and well… keep on keeping on.

I love everyone’s aphorisms – we need them!

onward and downward

Day 4, NFD, UK.
    Busy at work and currently having new kitchen fitted so have just been logging on to confirm whether I’m on a FD or NFD. Will endeavour to read messages later today.

3rd Post

Thank you @dykask. I’ve managed to add myself to the spread sheet.

Thank you for the warm welcome back @jaifaim.

Ok @funshipfreddie, so tomorrow will be Day 5.

So far so good today. First food at 13:00. I had a bowl of home made Thai inspired Chicken soup (no noodles). Very satisfying. Evening meal will be baked cod and salad with avocado oil dressing. If still hungry will have a small chopped apple & half a dozen goats cheese pearls. As I’ve been snacking with impunity these past couple of months I’m re-training the Snack Dragon. Hope he stays in his cage until bed time 😬

Day 4 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Bad night’s sleep last night. Might have been some rich food. Not sure. Either way have made today into a NFD but should come in around BMR. (1100)
    @brightonbelle – I’m with you re calorie logging. Its an eye opener.I have decided that I will be more accurate with tracking my calories, I think I was getting slap dash.
    @ihatelettuce – its amazing what this lockdown as shown us. We have begun to regularly walk to local villages that we deemed only driveable before. DS has discovered that she is only 15 mins from a lovely riverside walk too.
    @funshipfreddie – will read your article later.
    Dog walking time now.
    Have a good FD everyone. I’ll be joining you tomorrow.

USA Day 4 OMAD

Adding myself to the pocket list as I am in may second day of OMAD. I want to see how this will work out for a few weeks. I have completely dumped my evening glass of wine which is a weight gain culprit for me. As soon as I have lost a sufficient amount of weight, I will return to 5:2. I don’t think OMAD is sustainable or safe for me over a long period of time but I do believe it can get me where I want to be, so here I go! 🙂

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @ccco

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, I read your article but do hope all doesn’t turn out like that in the end!!

Day 4–Colorado, USA FD

I can’t believe it’s already May. April went by in a blur, with all the days blending together. I totally fell off the wagon and TWOL. My excuse is that we had a snowy April here in the mountains and it made it very cozy to stay home and cook and bake. I made bread almost every day and ate way too much of it. But the good news is that I have mastered making a very delicious baguette! And the very good news is that, with all my cooking and baking, I didn’t gain any weight, so I feel that is quite an accomplishment!

Now I’m back. I plan FD on Mondays and Thursdays. I really feel like I need some structure in my week, as I am retired, and in this weird time, sometimes I don’t know what day it is. Also, will try dry til Friday. I started out with arid April, but that didn’t last too long!

I didn’t know about the alcohol ban. Here in Colorado, they deemed liquor stores and, of course, marijuana shops to be essential services!

Day 4-Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD 800
    Today I went a little bit over because I thought that I needed a bit protein. So I had an egg on top of my 800 cal. But that will be fine cause I’ve been working in the garden like Monty Don and Charly Dimmok together💖🌺. My whole body hurts, lol.
    @floorbaby and @saffy420 thank you guys for your empathy and super advice. I will follow it
    @betsylee 🥰 thank you
    @ihatelettuce did you bought the plant or seeds? I have a really nice herb garden myself and love basil 🌿. I would love to have that Thai basil in my collection too
    @mia139 funny that you want to go out of the kitchen. I just need to go in to make sure that I prepare and eat the right stuff 😁
    @songbird thank you, tomorrow is my birthday with cake 🧁 yummy 😋

Day 4 North Canton OH FD

busy day for me today and I did not get to post as early as I wanted. I’ll catch up on posts later.

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 4 – UK – FD

After an indulgent weekend today is a much need FD – started the day with a 7am Broga class with OH joining me – an afternoon Pilates session and ending the day with an evening Yoga class 🙏 No hiking today, but caught up with some housework and a much needed telephone call to a dear friend 🤗

@songbirdme – OH said it was the best recipe so far……praise indeed!!!
    @cavanya and @hyacinth – lovely to have you with us once more – joining the group and logging in is a great motivator in itself 🤗
    @judyjudes – welcome back to you too – you are on the spreadsheet and should be able to add your details – here is the link xx
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BrpNA3zKN-OuMxfDqKidy6MirQ518cqQgWw0sYbvWYs/edit?usp=sharing
    @lilymartin – stick with us and we will help you find both your ‘won’t power’ along with your “mojo”
    @penz – great to see you joining us again – I find drinking hot water on FDs helps keep me warm – Go on and grab that “mojo” rein and stop it galloping off into the distance…..
    @jaifaim – sounds to me that you are more than capable to tackling that Fred Whitton when it runs hopefully next year……..lots of time for training until them!!!
    @i-hate-lettuce – it is nice to discover new paths in what we think of as familiar terrain – I too have discovered new paths on Loughrigg near me
    @caroline-esty-akporokah – welcome back – you know 5:2 works and what you need to do – jump on our bandwagon and we will pull you along
    @chellek – welcome – I have added you to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it for motivation

For anyone struggling at the moment – this is for you:-
    DON’T EVER GIVE UP.
    Don’t let frustration knock you down.
    DON’T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY.
    Don’t let time get in your head.
    WHO CARES HOW LONG IT TAKES OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY.
    Your only competition is yourself.
    WHEN YOU FINALLY SUCCEED, THE STRUGGLE WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

Adding myself to the pocket list as I need to stay out of the kitchen and stay on track for that FD
    Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @at

Day 4 Fleetwood FD went for 60 minute walk with the dog along the seafront this morning, good start to the day. Stuck to just over 500 calories during the day. So far so good
    @at Thanks for motivation. Loving the threads.

Day 4
    FD- USA

So far so good for my FD – just coffee, then will have eggs for dinner. When I stay busy, as I was today working from home on the (darn) computer all day, it’s pretty easy to have FD.

Plan on getting in my jammies early tonight and curling up with Belgravia on Netflix. – not as good as Downton Abbey but satisfying.

Hang in there everyone. Brighter days ahead. ☀️

@funshipfreddie – whew… what an article by Mayo. Those were somewhat dire predictions for a year from now. Scary, but likely all too true.

4th Post 😮

Thank you @at. Yes I figured it out and added myself. I will do my body measurements tomorrow.

OAN Does anyone use NutraCheck app? I like the interface but the pre set calorie targets are just too high for me. I can’t find a way to input my own so I’ve emailed their support. Being older, disabled with thyroid illness I’m not a regular loser. Their calculated 1200 cals a day would see me gaining.

Nearly bed time and the Snack Dragon 🐉 has remained in his cage 🙏

Day4 UK, FD

Late check in, but wanted to post that today’s FD went well. Had an apple at lunch then a chicken salad at tea time. First day in my new job went well. It was just a half day induction,we worked over lunch which really helped. I was so tired though when I got home I ended up going to bed for a “nap” which lasted for 2 hours.

Onwards and downwards

USA Day 4 OMAD

Second day of OMAD is over successfully. I just have to keep my mind set. The weather has been good, so I have managed to keep myself busy outdoors, making eating OMAD much easier. Another day tomorrow! Bye all!

Day 5 – Japan – NFD

Water fast was okay, not as easy as normal. I blame it on my daughter who has been baking and she likes deserts very sweet. 😀

@ccco OMAD is pretty hard core. I wish you luck in it working out for you.

USA Day 4 OMAD

Dykask, I just had to respond to your post. Years ago my daughter used to bake up a storm and leave plates of cookies everywhere. I tried to explain she couldn’t do that to her father and me because we shouldn’t be eating all that but it didn’t deter her! LOL

OMAD is working so far, even though it has only been two days. I have my fingers crossed and I am not yet hungry!

Day 5 country west Australia FD
    Because yesterday’s FD wasn’t…..
    Feeling fairly unwell today. Had to sit at the computer for 8 1/2 hours yesterday talking to super funds; health retail outlets etc, getting nowhere very fast.
    I don’t usually sit so much and I think it has affected my gut. Feeling sluggish and generally ‘ meh’.
    It’s good to see so many people back into 5:2.
    Together we can make May great.
    @penz, looks like you and I will have to go on a ‘Mojo Hunt’ together!

Second post.
    Couldn’t be bothered trying to edit first post as I usually lose it.
    @ Springer, Happy Birthday for today. Enjoy the day and your cake.
    @at, thank you for your kind encouragement to all of us. Unfailingly optimistic which is what we all need at times.
    @songbirdme and @quebecoise – thank you both for your encouragement. I really need it ATM.
    @i hate Lettuce – do you really?? Your greenhouse sounds amazing! All those lovely fresh herbs and veggies – what a treat.
    Don’t know if my garden has been affected by the Covid virus, but my tomatoes are just coming into fruit ( usually December/ January here) and my fruit tress which usually flower in spring ( Sept/Oct) have a lovely display of blossom when they are supposed to be dormant!

Day 4 Ohio, US — FD

Oops! Got my day numbering off in the last post. In any case, this FD has been just a regular one. Pretty quiet.

@lilymartin You mention that plants are acting differently now. Here the prediction was that this area would have a warmer than normal spring. In fact, we seem to be averaging almost 10 degrees F lower than average. I’ve been wondering if the lessened amount of human activity (i.e. less pollution in the air, etc.) has been responsible for a change in the environment. I’ve heard that when people in Italy come out into public, they are amazed at how clean the water and air are. Maybe something similar?

@erikaa67 Belgravia sounds interesting. I’ll take a look at Amazon Prime and see if it’s there.

To round out today’s list:

Pocket List – Day 4 🍏
    @dykask WFD
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @aussiejill
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @ccco
    @basyjames
    @at
    @matpi

Day 5, NFD, Aus

Well not so much PFDS but post FD relief. I did it! Took myself to bed early after a hot shower and was nice and toasty under extra blankets with a full night’s sleep. Happy days! (Hot drinks only warm my hands while I’m holding the mug – otherwise seems to have no benefit in reducing my FD chills. But thanks for the suggestion @at, and I think @brightonbelle)

@lilymartin – if I find my mojo, I’m handcuffing it somewhere good! Maybe I’ll just replace it with good old fashioned won’t power. Our native bush garden also behaved oddly this year but I put that down to the long drought, bushfire smoke filled air then late rain. I think it suddenly went into spring when it should have been preparing for autumn. Flowers bloomed at an odd time of year.
    Hello @hyacinth. I’m with you on FDs Monday and Thurs and dry to Fri. We can do this.

@Ihatelettuec. I love thai basil but we never have that much luck growing it sustainably. I love coriander (cilantro to some) too and some spontaneously sprouted in our vegetable bed weeks after our pup hopped in and scatted seeds far and wide. I debate whether (normal) basil or coriander is my favourite herb.

GL to the fasters today!

Third post.
    Reading posts on this thread stop me eating , as I remember from 2016.
    @penz I laughed out loud at the thought of you handcuffing your mojo ! Such a wonderful picture in my head.😂

Second post.

I almost said, @lilymartin “I’ll handcuff it to the fridge” and then realised what a dangerous proposition that would have been!

Day 5 – Ireland – FD

Hi everybody! I hope you had a good Bank holiday weekend if it was a bank holiday for you yesterday. We had fabulous weather so I was in the garden working and clearing the shed which is a dirty job but I was shattered at the end of the day.
    It was so nice at the end of the day I decided to have two little bottles of cider that were in the fridge And just past their use by date.
    Back on the dry from today 🚫

Well done to all who fasted yesterday – it looked like a Healthy pocket list. You all rock 🤘

Welcome to @cavanya, @erikaa67, @caroline esty-akporokah,@hyacinth! It’s looking like a good month ahead with lots of activity on this challenge… 👏👏

@at i have lots of time at the moment to plan for the next challenges/holidays but the only problem is knowing when that might happen. I’ll be travelling by ferry to the UK as soon as we can.. 🚢 .
    Well done to you btw! Your energy seems to be right back up and it’s great to see you back here daily 🤗
    @lilymartin I hope you feel better today… we are all having good and bad days but we’ve got you…

Ok who is with me for a good fast today? I need one after the weekend with mum and dad 🍰 🧁 ☕️ .

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list Day 5
    @jaifaim

Day 5 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 4 FD

Haven’t eaten today, but have dinner planned. It’s kind-of like @ccco‘s OMAD, but not deliberate, just busy with other things

@penz, yay for a successful FD. I sent you back some of your mojo – does that mean it has finally arrived?? 🙂

Hope everyone is doing well. I love reading of various folk’s walks. As I live in a suburban area of Melbourne, it’s the flowers in other people’s gardens which I can enjoy. One thing, though – my daphne, which usually flowers in the winter months, is already flowering, so the seasons are a bit out of whack here, too.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 5 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@springer@penz – Bought the Thai Basil seedlings, only one small pot and potted them on, wish I’d got more!

@at – Lovely Loughrigg, a long time ago when I was in Elterwater (early 70’s, gulp!) we used to go for long runs, one of our favourites was to head up Red Bank towards the back of Grasmere, then go round Loughrigg Terrace clockwise past the cave, back round to Loughrigg Tarn and home! Might just resurrect a memory or two and do it again sometime ….. Walking, with flask and sandwiches !

@funshipfreddie – well here goes, going to try 3 day egg fast starting today, see if I can launch myself off this plateau!

Pocket list Day 5
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Amazingly did not put on weight over the weekend so this will be a good FD I hope. I do have that lunch deliver in work however and I have forgotten what I ordered but they are all relatively low calories ….I think it might be a tuna wrap today………then maybe some kefir tonight and see how we go.

I am bloated though so lots of water today. . Not sleeping well either with hormonal stuff and night sweats, and that’s despite magnesium oil and body cream, sage and red clover tablets, and ACV every morning. Boo. Keep on keeping on.

@i-hate-lettuce amazing the difference between us over the miles, my tomatoes are nowhere near flowering yet, and I have just potted on my chillis but it will be a good while for them too. And good luck on that egg fast

Pocket list Day 5
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 5 Uk West Yorkshire – FD
    First time poster here. I’ve enjoyed reading all the other posts and been amazed from where everyone is from. Good luck one and all.

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Welcome to – @aidan64 & @chellek!

@springer – Happy Birthday! 🎉 🎊 🍾🥂🎈🎂 enjoy the cake!

@ccco – I read that Twitter founder Jack Dorsey eats only one meal a day?! I can manage that on fast days, but wouldn’t want to do it every day. I hope it works! Article here from Men’s Journal https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/twitter-ceo-jack-dorseys-diet-intermittent-fasting-or-disordered-eating/ I don’t know how old this article is, but Dorsey no longer does the weekend water fast.

@i-hate-lettuce – good luck with the 🥚fast!

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @aidan64

“Quitting is the only thing that really brings permanent failure.”
    ― Oscar Auliq-Ice

Day 4 FD for me.

Still trying to figure out the calorie counting. Planning in the past has been my downfall so no more looking in the fridge and thinking ‘what can I have’
    Calories planned for today.

Day 5 NFD London UK

@funshipfreddie – thanks for the link. I followed it to several other articles, all interesting. I remembered that I started skipping breakfast altogether when I started 5:2 and it suited me just fine, but since this nonsense started I’ve reverted to having breakfast. ( I use that term loosely – we go to bed and get up so late that conventional meal titles area bit meaningless). Anyway, I’m going to skip breakfast in future. Reading those links made me remember that fast days are a whole lot easier when your mind is in the right place. I must remember to read the fasting books regularly to remind myself why fasting is so good. It’s not just losing weight. It’s good for so much else.

Second post

Welcome @chellek and @aidan64!
    @dee22 planning is definitely the best way to go… I’m not great at that but must do better 😃😃

Long walk on the beach this morning certainly blew the cobwebs away 💨 it’s beautiful but wild out there!

Struggling today but will have a light lunch soon and keep strong 💪 and busy… that always helps 👍

Weight unchanged but have not been seriously compliant….someone brought cheese balls in a giant tub to work….they are like crack cocaine….addictive and salty. Starting again today with a fast!

Day 5 CD UK

Good Afternoon Everyone

I’m enjoying catching up with posts and gaining insights.

I managed yesterday without any snacking which doesn’t seem much but I was previously snacking with impunity … think biscuits with every cuppa and I drink a lot of tea, as well as chocolate and home bakes. I don’t why I started snacking other than it must have been a stress reaction to these unprecedented times. I didn’t previously snack, it’s never been a habit. I hoping the Snack Dragon remains in his cage again today 🐉.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 5 UK NFD

Agree planning is important, for me I find getting the balance can be tricky if I spend too long thinking/planning/ stressing about food it becomes counterproductive . Onwards

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.