May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 695 total)

• Day 1 UK NFD

Goodness what a long day! I’m posting briefly for accountability but too tired / late to post an intro – I’ll do it over the weekend

@betsylee – yes, 162 was a typo! otherwise we’d be ships that pass in the night – me going the wrong way! Weighed in this morning at 155lb, aiming for 152lb this month, on way back to overall goal of 140lb
    @jaifaim thank you for hosting!

warmest of welcomes to all newbies! Warm welcome back dear returners. Here’s to a helpful month for us all 🙂

@i hate lettuce Thanks 😁👍🏻

Day 1 – USA – FD

Thank you for hosting. I am new to this, piggybacking the end of last month’s challenge, but love it so far and feel good. Today FD going smoothly, only coffee and will have eggs for dinner as they’re so easy to measure and filling! Yesterday was my first “splurge” as it was my DS birthday, but back on track.

Little about me, I’m 52 yr. old female; DH, beautiful twin DS and a pug! We’re safe and sound thankfully, live in the suburbs of Boston, I would love to lose a solid 10 pounds total so my goal for this month is 6lb loss. I have an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto’s so I look forward to seeing positive benefits from IF in digestion and mental clarity as well.

This month, I plan on fasting Monday&Friday. Thank you for all of your support! We’ve got this!!

Day 1 Ohio, US — FD

Please count me in for this month’s challenge!
    All on target today. More on this month’s goals after tomorrow morning’s weigh in. With any luck it will be good news.

@jaifaim Thanks for hosting the May challenge!

@erikaa67 I have hypothyroid, so I can empathize with you.

@springer When I was 62 (I’m 70 now), I was in a rock-climbing accident and it took more than a year to recover. During that time my activity levels went down and I gained weight just as you did. Now I usually do about an hour of exercise each day, but alas, my rock-climbing days seem to be over.

Day1, Québec, NFD

I’m 67, retired since 5 years as a training developper. Not tall, 5 feet, I used to be really petite and even skinny, 100 pounds. But since my menopause and my retirement, I lost a lot of stress and gained a lot of weight LOL

I was part of this nice group before and was quite steady on my fast days. People here helped me a lot. I felt great and came very very close to my intermediate objective. But, things being what they are, I stopped doing my fast days.
    Even worst than that, because of the pandemic I am confined at home by myself. No problem, I enjoy being alone and listening to the sound of silence and I am not sick…but…but I EAT too much! I do not eat vegetables, like I used to do…I eat fat and sugar, chips and chocolate and cookies, and big bowls of pastas…..I am now at 140 pounds !
    So, as the first of May was coming by I got the cool idea of coming back here. Thank you all of you who welcomed me. I really appreciate it.
    I am not yet setteled on my goal for the month but I know that I will be fasting on Monday and Thursday and sometimes on Saturday

Coming here every day to report is a great motivation for me.

Merci !

Day 2 UK FD

Feels good to get back into fasting! I always feel so much more positive about everything in general when I’m firmly seated on the wagon and not careering off the rails!

Would love to get to my target by the end of May. That would mean a further 2.6 Kg loss. It’s a bit ambitious but that’s the plan!

Day 2 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was easy but I was quite hungry this morning. So my fast only went about 37 hours. I’m tending more towards that.

A discussion about fasting in this pandemic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkgF-KrugJY

Day 2 -Netherlands- MFD 800
    I had an unexpected 12 ours working day yesterday ( I work in the health department so many, many extra ours for us) which means I skipped my dinner and had no problems staying onder 800 cal. I feel good today. Fasting does sharpen your focus.
    @matpi thanks for sharing your story. I do feel odd for almost being twice my weight now. Unfortunately I can’t exercise due to my condition but I can control what I eat. I’ll hope I can follow your footsteps 🐾🐾🐾

Day 2 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Wow, haven’t we suddenly become popular, going to need a bigger wagon!

Brilliant fun Friday yesterday, start of a new monthly challenge, so as usual (for me) Friday was my ‘day off’ after my weekly weigh in.

Any newcomers reading this might wonder what the heck is going on, this is a 5:2 diet? Well once a week my ‘Inner Warthog’ is let out for his weekly exercise, but not allowed to run completely wild!

Breakfast, coffee and toast.
    Lunch, banana, yoghurt, cereal & milk, apple and another yoghurt.
    Evening, Fired up the BBQ, beer, home made pizza, beer x 2, followed by lounging in front of the TV watching rubbish with a couple of G&T’s!
    Followed by a big sleep, tracker tells me 1hr 55min deep sleep, 5hr 45 light sleep.

Today and tomorrow will be sensible eating, Monday and Thursday FD’s Tuesday and Wednesday CFD’s (maybe one of those an extra FD if I feel like it). Every day, out walking, sometimes a long wander with my OH, others a rapid MOAM walk when I’m on my own (‘Man On A Mission’ as the folk round here refer to it, as I’m going pretty fast)

So, that works for me and I’ve had a couple of holidays and christmas where I just ate and drank whatever I wanted, but after the holiday etc straight back on the 5:2 WOL and any weight gain has gone very quickly.
    Since I started at the end of July 2019 I’ve gone from 268 lbs bmi 38.5 down to 233 lbs bmi 33.4 and feel tons better.

Good luck. don’t expect overnight miracles, slowly but surely does it, be honest with yourself and it will work.

Take care all.

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@songbirdme – Happy Birthday! 🎉🎊🎈 🎂🍷🍾 I’ll be toasting you tonight, with my last bottle of wine! I hope you enjoy a couple of ‘quarantinis’ yourself!

Crazy queues at the supermarket yesterday, so I came home in a sulk, & will try again today.

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈 🌤

Day 2 Ireland – FD
    Happy birthday @songbirdme!! 🎈
    Welcome to everyone! It’s great to see so many people back with us..
    I’m looking after my parents this weekend and this is where my willpower lags…. but precious times so I’m not stressing and certainly this WOL should not be a sressor!
    We do what we can… the challenge is simply to stick with the WOL as much as you can…

There are no losers in this challenge .. only WINNERS 🥇

Have a great day everybody! It is a beautiful day here 👍
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@songbirdme HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy 🥂🎂🍾💐

Have a good weekend everyone, I will be back to join in with the fasters on Monday 🤗

Day 2 NFD, UK.
    Morning. Yesterday’s first fast day went really well. I drank lots of water and am going to break my fast at noon with some fruitloaf.

Day 2 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Oops, realised I added an extra 100kg to my weight !!!
    Should read: weigh in 58.5kg (129lb); goal 58kg (128lb)
    I’ve been thinking about goals for this month, other than losing that stubborn kg.
    I’m aiming for 2 FDs a week and dry til Fri or Sat.
    I will continue my running, (3 times per week), which I’m really enjoying now I’ve got a few under my belt. Not something I would have considered before lockdown. I walk on the alternate days.
    I’ve also increased my yoga to a daily 30 min practice plus 2 Zoom classes per week.
    @springer – I can hear the joy in your post. So pleased this is working for you.
    @michelinme – well done on the loss last month, glad that extra didn’t hang around.
    @songbirdme – happy birthday

Day 2 UK NFD

Taking it easy today

Happy birthday @songbirdme🎉

Day 2 UK, NFD

@songbirdme have a lovely birthday today. You’ve joined the ever expanding group who have celebrated lockdown birthdays.

Bit about me – I’m 58, married no children in the North of England. I originally lost a lot of weight on 5:2 a couple of years ago and put my success down to taking part in these forums. Unfortunately, like a lot of people,I got complacent and put most of it back on. I restarted my 5:2 journey in January and joined the February challenge. By the end of March I’d lost over a stone and was doing well. Then in April I’ve lost my mojo. Both myself and DH in the house together are a dangerous mix, he’s always been slim and can eat what he wants and he likes baked goods😀. So baking mojo awakened and dieting mojo disappeared. I put on 5 lbs in April. Monday I start a new part time job which I’m hoping will give me some structure. Planning a FD on Monday, first for about 3 weeks.

It’s great to see the familiar faces back and for any newbies this is the best decision you’ve made. This forum is so supportive and helpful.

@suki2, thanks for hosting in April and @jaifaim, thanks for keeping us all focussed for May.

Keep safe everyone and have a great weekend. Keep safe.

Day 2, London, UK, NFD,

I wish I could sing Happy Birthday to our very own songbird, Alas ……………………. It’s not possible, which is a Godsend since NOBODY wants to hear me sing!!!! Happy B’Day @songbirdme, remember, enjoy & indulge on this special day, then step away from the cake!!!

It’s a bit of a late check-in from me, I don’t think my brain is exactly ‘in the game’ at the moment!! Yesterday I decided to follow the Fast800, today, since I’ve had breakfast, I’m veering towards good old fashioned 5:2!!! What to do, what to do??? I suppose since 5:2 resulted in -45lbs at one point, perhaps I should stick to that? Uurgh ……………… soooooo indecisive!! I think I’ll play it by ear, today isn’t a bust and I could still manage 800cals, providing I can hold out ‘til dinner!!

@funshipfreddie, when you say ‘last bottle of wine’ I really hope the drinks cabinet is stuffed with cider, vodka, beer & gin or even that long ago holiday purchase of ‘seemed good at the time’ Ouzo!!!

After Parched March and Arid April, I’m joining the Dry ‘til Fri brigade and planning to try a glass of red this evening without face planting!!! My tolerance must be zero by now!! Anyway, I think I can indulge whether it’s a NFD or a Fast800 day so long as I don’t guzzle a bottle!!

@saffy420, I try to keep in mind something someone on another thread said which rang very true for me ………………………… “several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

@metatauta If you’re lurking somewhere, I think this month I’ll dust off my hula-hoop and try some waist whittling!!! I’m using lockdown as my caterpillar to butterfly moment!!!!

Stay strong everyone, once you’ve got a few FDs under your belt, you’ll realise it’s the NFDs you have to keep an eye on!!!

Day 2 – UK – CD

Lovely sunny day and much warmer again so was inspired to go out for a power 5km walk as a challenge to myself – managed to do it in 38.26 – so decided to set myself a challenge this month – to do the same route on a regular basis and see what improvement I can make!

@songbirdme – wishing you a very Happy Birthday 💐🍾🥂
    @erikaa67 – welcome to the May Challenge – You can certainly dispatch those 10lbs using 5:2 in a couple of months – You can do this!
    @dykask – thanks for that link – interesting!
    @funshipfreddie – last bottle of red 😱
    @annielfc – great job on yesterday’s first FD

I found this quote about the month of May and loved it so sharing here
    “It was the month of May, the month when the foliage of herbs and trees is most freshly green, when buds ripened and blossoms appear in their fragrance and loveliness. And the month when lovers, subject to the same force which reawakens the plants, feel their hearts open again, recall past trysts and past vows, and moments of tenderness, and yearn for a renewal of the magical awareness which is love.” — Sir Thomas Malory

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Thank you, one and all, for the kind birthday greetings! It will be a great day – beautiful sunshine for the day and carry out prime rib this evening is planned. Cheesecake with a candle for my birthday cake this evening. Needless to say, no FD today. Not even much control. Ha ha!

Onward and downward. (only not down today….)

USA Day 2 FD

Happy Birthday, SongBirdMe! Thank you, Dykask, for the video, which I did watch.

Today is my last FD for the first week of May!

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 2 UK NFD

Had a lot of rice cakes yesterday – not so many calories but pretty puffy for me. And lo, this morning I’m up another 3lb! As long as the trend is down and I’m doing solid 5:2, I’ll take that

Having a lovely lazy day. Still wiped in what feels like a neuro fatigue way, not relieved by rest of sleep. But going with it, looking after myself and seeing what comes next.

For me, what’s next is looking up a recipe for a plum cake! I’ve got some plums left from last week’s veg box – after last weekend’s trial of biscuits, I want to try out my gf paleo flour mix on cake!

@songbirdme happy birthday 🙂

Whatever the day brings, go gently

Day 2 UK NFD
    I’m 53, happily married but no children. I first joined the March challenge and managed to get a half stone loss. I’ve maintained this in April but now want to lose a half-stone this month. I’m teetering at the 13 stone boundary so I’d like to be 12 stone something this time next week as an initial goal. In all, I have 2.5 stone to lose so I need to make progress in May to get closer to my target. I’m 20% of the way there.

@songbirdme – a happy birthday to you! 🎉

Reading all your posts is very motivating.

Hi everyone, Day 1 for me Live in Fleetwood Lancashire 66 years old retired nurse. NFD usually fast Mondays and Wednesdays.. Been a yoyo dieter all my life now having health problems so need to get the weight down, started fasting in Feb lost 7 lbs and loved the plan, since lockdown not doing well daily step count down and regained 4 lbs so joined the challenge as I need motivation. Overall plan to get my weight from 155lbs to 140.hopefully 7 lbs would be good for may.

Hello,my first time on the forum and start of my 3rd week of 5:2. So far I’ve lost 5lbs and really pleased with myself. First tried the 5:2 around 3 years ago with some success but lost motivation due to the slow progress. This lockdown, plus having to work from home has made it easier, always lots of treats at work as most weeks it’s someone’s birthday and I have the ‘will’ power but not the won’t power! Also getting more time to incorporate a daily walk which I always intend to do in my lunch time at work but invariably meetings get in the way. Last time round I stuck religiously to 2 days fast and 5 days normal with healthy meals, this time round I’m skipping breakfast and lunch for 2 days and have one healthy meal in the evening. On the 5 other days, I either have a late breakfast usually after 10am, or wait till lunch around 12:30ish and then an evening meal around 6pm, with nothing after 8pm. It seems to be working, I can manage well enough without breakfast and don’t feel too hungry, convincing myself the tummy rumblings are the fat disappearing! My fingers are crossed this time I will succeed to get to my goal.

Second post

Welcome to the May challenge @fasterlorna and @iwanttobeslimagain!
    If you haven’t already done so could you read the first post in this thread which should help with any queries you may have as we move through the month of May👍 You’ve made the best decision of the month so far 👏👏 😉

Ps @fasterlorna I was Fleetwood last year as we stayed in Blackpool for a concert and rode the tram all way down to Lytham St Anne’s and up to Fleetwood and had some fab walks! Even had dinner in the hotel across from the little Ferry… Everyone was so friendly and welcoming! We loved our trip! ☀️ 🍭 ☀️

USA Day 2 NFD

My FD turned into a NFD! Tomorrow I plan to go OMAD for the month to see what happens. Also no wine! I think I can do this! 🙂

Day 2, Quebec, FD800

My FD800 went quite well.
    Have a nice evening/day everyone.

Australia D3 NFD

Hi everyone HAPPY BIRTHDAY SongBirdMe!

So far I’m doing reasonably ok apart from the extra piece of chocolate cake yesterday and the need to make chocolate sauce to go with it….the excuse being it was a bit too dry!
    I am hoping to be more controlled today and tomorrow. I’ve been adding in more drinks of water and more hot drinks that do not require milk. I do drink too much tea.
    It is easy to eat too much in the cooler months.
    The highlight of yesterday was having the open fire on. So lovely and not in the kitchen which helps.

Watched the movie Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges and Maggie Gyllenhaal in it last evening. A gentle but good movie. We have an Aussie series week 2 coming up this evening of ‘Mystery Road’ with a mainly Aussie cast starring a number of indigenous actors which is great to see. I love this series.

I hope you are all doing o.k. on the May challenge!

Day 3 – Lake District UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

@funshipfreddie – Hope you manage to replenish stock soon!

@flourbaby – It’s very easy to take your eye off the ball and lose concentration, if the ‘Inner Warthog’ is off the lead and you’re not watching …… you’re back where you started in no time!

@at – It must be lovely and quiet compared with usual at this time of year for you, make the most of it while you can! We tend to avoid the popular areas during summer, only head up in winter. I lived at Elterwater for a while, still one of our favourite spots! We’ve got a lot busier round here since people being turned away from central Lakes!

@songbirdme – Hope you enjoyed your birthday, the ‘carry out prime rib’ sound a real tempter!

@funshipfreddie & @basyjames – I’m sat on a plateau at the moment, been here at my lowest since 10th April weigh in day, might try a 3 day ‘egg fast’ seem to recall you both did this recently, worthwhile giving it a go for a kickstart?

Take care all

Day 3 – Ireland – NFD
    Hello everyone. Seems like there was some good fasting done yesterday – well done!
    I did the exact opposite…😂

Beautiful sunny day here spent in the garden with my parents and had a cycle in my 2km radius built up to 25km distance with some hills and I planked for 2minutes.

@ihatelettuce I love the Lake District and not being able to travel now means I have more time to reminisce about all the fab places we will be able to revisit in the future🤞. An old ex boyfriend of mine was from the Lakes so we walked a lot over there…but more recently I’ve been up to Ambleside for weddings and then over towards Cartmel and Grange over Sands to visit friends. I particularly love the Lake District in Spring.
    There is a tough spin over there called the Fred Whittington Challenge which I’d like to try sometime.

Have a good day everybody!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3- Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD800
    I’m a bit nervous because today and tomorrow I have to do extra “good” read less cal. Because my birthday is on Tuesday. And due to the quarantine I wil be celebrating alone 😞. Therefore I promised myself a peace of birthday 🎂. But that don’t fit in the 800 cal a day. Can I manage to eat cake and still loose the weight I need to loose? I will tell you on Wednesday 🤪

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby, @at – I couldn’t bring myself to open my last bottle of wine, so I settled for a couple of rum & cokes after finding an almost-empty bottle. BUT I still have a whole bottle of rum & a dozen cans of cider stashed away. Shh! Don’t tell the neighbours! I’m guessing it’ll be at least a month before they lift the alcohol sales ban. Seriously – prohibition in the 21st century?! 😠

@i-hate-lettuce – It’s definitely worth giving the egg fast a shot to get off that plateau. I think the ‘rules’ are quite arbitrary though; eg having an egg meal 30 minutes after waking up; at least 6 eggs per day, & a tablespoon of healthy fat for each egg. I didn’t follow any of those. I only had 4 eggs per day + some cheese & a little butter. But drinking plenty of water is essential to avoid getting ‘bunged up’; & I definitely wouldn’t do it for longer than 5 days. And it’s a good idea to add some salt to each meal to replace electrolytes. If you’re used to doing low-carb I think you’ll feel fine; otherwise you might feel out of sorts for a day or two.

@iwanttobeslimagain, @fasterlorna – welcome to the forum!

Have a good S🌞nday everyone.

Day 3 – Post 2

@jaifaim – We’re just across the estuary from Cartmel & Grange over Sands, fabulous area, not quite as busy as the central Lakes but still a beautiful area. Just got back from a new walk from home. Link for info …. https://www.arnsidesilverdaleaonb.org.uk

@funshipfreddie -Thanks for the ED info, will have another look at the links you posted and if nothing happens this week might give it a go! Adjusted as you suggest and only for 3 days as a trial. Thanks.
    Can’t believe the alcohol ban, don’t ‘need’ alcohol, but wouldn’t like to be dictated to as to how and when. My Fridays wouldn’t be the same, the rest of the week I don’t bother.

Day 3, London, UK, FD

As usual for a Sunday, it’s a little bit quiet here!

Anyhow, today will be a FD, the mojo is strong at the moment! I thought I would have a glass of wine last night after 2 months dry, but I really didn’t fancy it!!! I may need to see a doctor!!!

My brother baked his 1st cake yesterday and is offering to deliver a piece …………………. It’s a firm NO from me, May has to be a disciplined month, the opportunity offered by this lockdown, to fast successfully alongside exercising like a demon mustn’t be sniffed at!!!

@springer, you could afford to have cake on your birthday and stay below 800cals, it’s a bit tricky and cake always wakes my carb dragon so I just want more & more!! Perhaps give yourself just 1 day off …………… It is your Birthday after-all!!!

@funshipfreddie, when they shut the pubs here, I anticipated riots on the streets!!! Supermarkets have picked up the slack & booze sales are currently up 25% I think, I couldn’t imagine prohibition!! Home drinking is the only thing making this bearable for some people ……………. although I’m polishing my halo, since I’m still dry, I think it would be a slippery slope if I start on the vino!!!

For me, when I’m on a roll, I have to stick with it. No rewarding myself for good behaviour, that just leads to making it twice as difficult to get back on the wagon, so @i-hate-lettuce ……………………. the warthog can NEVER be released for good behaviour. I know from stopping smoking, that just 1 puff would lead to a 40/day habit!!!

Happy fasting folks!!!

Day 3, UK, NFD

Last week I managed dri till Saturday, first time in forever we didn’t drink at all from Sunday to Saturday so feeling quite pleased. @funshipfreddie, one of the things we’re always talking about is how they will manage to open pubs and restaurants – I’m so looking forward to some socially distanced socialising.

Last night for the first time in my 58 years we ordered a takeaway delivery. A local restaurant has set up a delivery service in the last week or so. It was bliss to choose from a menu and just heat it up. We even changed into our ‘going out” clothes to make an occasion of it.
    @springer, enjoy your birthday and if you want it have the cake. This WOL is about fitting how we eat into our lifestyles, that way it’s sustainable. Nothing is banned, everything in moderation.

Tomorrow will be my first FD of May. You know I’m being serious as I’ve already made up some sugar free jellies – my treat of choice on FDs!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Gloriously sunny day, myself and DH are back from a 2 hour walk of the country roads around our village, and I am really appreciating the fact that I live in a rural area with fabulous views.

The roadmap for coming out of lockdown was announced on Friday and it looks like we will be restricted for quite some time yet. DH works in aviation and as he just started a new job he is particularly concerned about his future. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Have a great Sunday everyone. I am about to sit in my garden with the Sunday papers.

Day 3, NFD, UK.
    Went horrendously over on my calories on my non fast day yesterday. This is where I struggle so going to be more planful to make sure my NFDs are successful.

Day 3 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 2 TDEE

Had a good FD Friday, and a TDEE yesterday at my “goal weight TDEE, so that went well, but today….. !? Well, let’s just say that I understand @i hate lettuce letting out the inner warthog. It seems to be Sundays that are a problem. I do okay till around mid-afternoon, and then all bets are off. Need to change that.

@songbirdme, a belated happy birthday, and @springer, enjoy your birthday; it only comes once a year, and follow it by a FD to make up for any damage. This WOL has to fit with YOU, not the other way around like calorie-restricted diets. It’s a way of life, and something you should settle into permanently.

@michelinme, darn it, I thought it had to be a typo, but hope springs eternal, and I’m still aiming to pass you on the downward road. Of course, I have much further to go than you, so it should be easier for me (hope, hope!).

@at, I always love your mantra – I do not ever want to be back where I was. I lost the plot late last year, and now I’ve found it again, I’m determined to see it through to a normal weight.

Someone posted, not sure if on the monthly challenges or another forum, but here in the southern hemisphere we’re heading into winter, and someone posted that it helped on FDs to drink warm or hot water rather than cold – it works! Thank you to whoever posted it 🙂

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 3 – UK – NFD

Another gorgeous sunny morning 🌤 how lucky are we?

A catch up with DD via FaceTime then out for a lovely 7km hike on my local fells, amazingly quiet, did not meet another soul – lots of birdsongs and a cuckoo who was calling loud and long! @i hate lettuce – it is very strange but lovely to see the village deserted and meet no one whilst out hiking – all very surreal and I am amazingly grateful to be able to get out and enjoy the fells around me 🤗

After a shower and quick rest took a freshly baked scone (made a batch this morning before going out hiking) and a slice from a new banana bread recipe I tried yesterday, for elderly lady I keep an eye on who is self isolating – we enjoyed a socially isolated chat and she was very happy to receive a treat!

This new banana bread recipe was a relevation – my new favourite – called a Burnt Butter Banana Bread (Millie Taylor’s recipe – BBBB) – well worth trying!

@fasterlorna @iwanttobeslimagain – welcome on board – thank you for sharing your stories and you have joined a great on line community 🤗
    @jaifaim – The “Fred Whitton Challenge” is indeed tough!!!! Consisting of a 113 mile ride around the Lake District, starting at Grasmere and taking in climbs of Kirkstone, Honister, Newlands, Whinlatter, Hardknott & Wrynose and Blea Tarn passes, the very top riders complete the route in just under six hours BUT eleven hours and over are not uncommon for the average rider. This is a very tough route and going on rider feedback the hardest one day ride in the UK, the event includes all the Lakeland passes and the 30% gradient of hardknott comes at 94 miles. OH and I go out to cheer the folks when they come through Ambleside (where I live)
    @funshipfreddie – luckily you have some rum!!!

Going to sit out in the garden with a cup of tea and one of those scones! Time now to relax………

For us yogis and wine lovers “If your Sunday doesn’t involve wine & yoga pants you’re doing it wrong!!!!!”

Day 3 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Happy Sunday everyone. Slow start but got a run under my belt. Now for the post run stretch.
    On track for a mindful NFD.
    @fasterlorna & @iwanttobeslimagain – welcome

Day 3 UK NFD

Another leisurely day Whilst I applaud the efforts of those going dry I’m in the dry til Fri camp and luckily it was a lovely sunny afternoon yesterday so we had a few beers in the garden Lovely 🍺. I’ll be fasting tomorrow

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

The day yesterday was beautiful in every way. Sat out in the sun and read my novel, had lovely prime rib dinner. And thank you, everyone, for the kind birthday greetings. Today looks like another gorgeous day.

DH could hardly cope yesterday without the running of the Kentucky Derby. He went all through high school at Ft. Knox, Kentucky, so it is in his blood. NBC television did provide a ‘virtual’ Derby run by algorithm that was kind of fun. His (and my) fave Secretariat did win. 🙂

@springer – happy birthday to YOU!

@at – had to look up that banana bread recipe… wow… a good reason to let bananas get very ripe! 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 3, md US, CD

I missed this group and want to continue to take care of myself, like the oxygen mask on first before putting it on others, is how I’m thinking of it lately… I would like to think I can rally together and complete some 500 FDs this month. Last month was tough as was March with the pandemic though my daily 16/8 and CDs are faring well I haven’t gone off the rails with them. I have been staying up too late lately and have my vodka and soda waters, which I count as calorie intake so then I don’t eat until late afternoons. My goal is to get to bed earlier this month and get back to some normalcy. I appreciate the kindness and support of this group!

@funshipfreddie I can’t believe there’s a ban, that is unheard of! It’s crazy, here in my state, the alcohol stores are “essential”. And we are allowed to get take out drinks from restaurants.

Onwards and downwards, happy fasting and happy May! 👇🏻☀️

Day 3 – USA – NFD

@songbirdme, happy belated birthday, dear Gwynne!

Day3 Fleetwood NFD Beautiful day in the north west. Enjoying reading all the posts. Feeling motivated for my fasting days this week, no alcohol until Thursday. Hopefully.

Day 1 for me. UK. NFD.

Can I rejoin please? Sorry I dropped off the end of the March thread. Finding a new normal got in the way. I really must get back on track as I’ve put on weight over recent weeks. So easy to gain, not so easy to lose.

This week I’m going to concentrate on getting back into the habit of logging food, being mindful of portions, reducing carbs/sugars/treats, increasing water intake, reading threads and looking for inspiration in my cook books. Next week I’ll really knuckle down on the calorie reductions needed to lose.

Take care everyone & stay safe.

2nd post

Do we add ourselves to the spreadsheet or do I need adding. I had a quick look but I can’t get it to open in my Google sheets app. I can only see the last sheet I was on which was March. TIA.

Day 4 – Japan – WFD #36

@judyjudes – Welcome, I think we are able to add ourselves to the spreadsheet, or the monthly leader does, either way I think. I haven’t looked at the spreadsheet for over a year.

I’m not fasting to lose weight, I’m fasting for health. Although I did lose weight fasting.

Day 4 country west Australia FD
    Day 3 NFD
    Day 2 NFD
    Day 1 NFD
    Just have to say ‘ May the 4th be with you!!’

Thanks @j‘aifaim for hosting. Boy do I need this group more than EVER.😩
    60 yo health professional – who should know better!!🙄🙄
    Started 5:2 and the monthly challenges Nov 2016. Stuck religiously to this WOL/WOE.😇
    Used My Fitness Pal (MFP) to count calories , which I had never ever done before but found I needed to to keep me on track for 500 calories on FDs and under my TDEE on NFDs.
    Found I was woefully inaccurate in the amount of calories I was consuming and need to use MFP for a while to get portion sizes back on track.
    Found FDs much easier to manage than NFDs.😅
    Lost 7 kg quickly and got down to 70 kgs. ☺️
    Hit a plateau for months. Got the sulks,☹️☹️ threw caution and the 5:2 WOL to the wind.
    Ate enough over the next 2 years to feed a moderate sized country🍫🍫🍔🥓🍕🍧🍷🍸🍩🍩🍰🍣🥮🍿🥮🥐🌭🍔🌮🍞🥖🥦🥦🥑🍔🍕🍸🍰🥂🍭 ( you get the drift!) , fiddled around with 5:2 for a year or so ( not seriously at times) and woke up yesterday at 89.4 kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😱😱😱
    All time high and not something I am thrilled about.😰
    So, as many of the oldies have heard me say, back on the wagon and hoping for a few sensible kgs gone by month’s end by going back to basics and doing 5:2 as it ought to be done.🤞🤞
    Just have to find my mojo again. I know it is here somewhere.🤔
    Must have lost it when decluttering the house during lockdown.🤓
    Oh, and not helped by DD and her DH LOVING to cook just as I do.🥂🍕🥐🌮 etc etc
    We’ve been feasting because we all have time on our hands.
    We eat quite healthily, including lots of fruit and veggies – just too much of everything!
    I am quite a good cook. They are both sensational cooks……😬
    Have to find the ‘won’t power’ along with the mojo.🤓
    Great to catch up with everybody.
    I think this will be a great month.😃

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.