Make March Mine

This topic contains 339 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  lilymartin 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 350 total)

• Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Checking in, but got to go!!!

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Easy FD yesterday, and 69.2 kg this morning, my lowest weight this month 😊

@maui – 20 lb?! That’s awesome, no matter how long it took! Try picking up something that weighs 20 lb. You must be feeling so much better. Another 25 lb by the end of the year; you’d need to lose about 1.5 lb per week. That would give you a BMI of 23.4 which is right in the normal/healthy range 🎯

@stitchincarol – 6 inches of snow?! And I was grumbling about what felt like a chilly 16 °C last night ⛄️

@jaifaim – I think it’s mariaelena who does the hula hooping 🤔

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing–that’s why we recommend it daily.” ~ Zig Ziglar

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @malee57 LFD
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010

Day 27 UK FD

Determined to have a good week 💪

Well done @maui that’s a terrific achievement

Pocket List – Day 27 🍏
    @malee57 LFD
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Did my FD yesterday. Don’t see another on the horizon until next week, so going to tend towards OMAD/2MAD and not eat a bunch of junk this week.

USA. Day 27. WFD. ADF

Pocket list day 27
    @malee57
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @ccco

Day 28 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Had a great swim yesterday. I am working tonight so off to get a bit of a snooze this afternoon. It is one thing I like about working night duty – going to bed in the middle of the day and then going home in the morning when everyone else is on their way to work.

Have a good day all.

Day 28 country west Australia FD 84.8 kgs 186.56 lbs
    Whew !!! Life is starting to approach some semblance of normality – though our pregnant ( 38 weeks) DD did just ring to say she is off to the hospital as she feels nauseous and going to the loo a lot….
    It’s a 3 hour dash if we have to whiz up the highway to look after their little almost 2 yo….😲🤞
    @daffodil2010, I am envious of your Malta apartment booked for next year. So many places to visit but we are about as far away from the rest of the world as could be. We can almost see the penguins in Antartica .
    @stitchincarol, I feel for you with migraine suffering. Nothing helps me except a dark quiet room and a cold compress on my forehead whilst laying absolutely still.😫
    The book you are editing sounds intriguing. I am in a bookclub and it sounds like a good candidate to be read. Thank goodness for technology for your family to be able to keep in touch with his son. 😊
    The cabbage salad you make sound similar to one I make but mine has peanuts in place of raisins.
    Delish😋 And what is lemon posset ??
    I am amazed at the yummy sounding food we discuss – on a forum for health and weight loss!!😁
    Sympathy for your DH,Vertigo is NOT fun.
    @funshipfreddie, congratulations on the new low !! Must be all that painting. When / IF our house ever gets finished being built at the coast we have to paint it ALL – outside and in.🙄
    If you want a holiday in WA……
    BTW I think you have hit the nail on the head with delayed gratification.
    It certainly is key with so many things including one’s way of eating.
    And I love the quote by Ziglar. It reminds me of one I read recently :
    ‘ Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t , you’re right’.
    @gardenlily – bricklaying ??? I am in awe. 💐Well done – even if it is a bit wonky, it is an achievement.
    I hope you improve soon re cold/chest problems. 🍇
    So many people here are getting Covid for 2nd or 3rd time or getting cold/flu symptoms but testing negative to Covid. Just feeling awful.
    @merryapple, perhaps rats are taking over the world. They seem to be in plague proportions here. Disgusting creatures.Urkkk!!🤮
    I used to enjoy watching MIdsommer Murders and other similar shows. But I did wonder what the population of Midsommer was as they knocked off several villagers in each episode!!🤔
    I am currently enjoying the re-run of Downtown Abbey. The clothes are fabulous.
    I love knitting and tried a little dress for our GD. Problem was , the holes which were meant to be in the pattern never quite lined up, so after 3 attempts I tried something else!!
    @malee57 the music festival sounds amazing.🎹🎺 It is so rewarding to be exposed to and ‘discover’ different artists .
    @penz, your junior worker sounds like so many of today’s ‘ entitled’ youth. 🙄
    I have many wonderful millennial / Gen X,Y,Z friends and family BUT sometimes the term ‘ work ethic’ is an oxymoron and their sense of entitlement can on occasion be mind-blowing.
    When my 30 yo DS who heads a team of about 10 people younger than he is and HE complains about the entitlement of the younger folk, then you know there is a problem!! eg being upset for being admonished for being on personal calls during work time . 🤪
    @snowflake56, I am sorry your friend didn’t like the line dancing but each to their own.
    I Love all kinds of dancing , even when I seem to have 3 left feet!! It is great socially and gives one GREAT legs!👯‍♀️
    @jaifaim With this WOL/E at least there are great health benefits even if Cruella is not kind.
    I agree with the natural remedies for ailments but sadly I have tried most things over the years without success. Just have to close my eyes and bear it.😬
    I tried hulahooping lat week with my exercise class and we only managed about 3 rotations. But it is good for the waist nevertheless.🩱
    @ccco, well done on the 5 lb drop. Great effort 👏
    @brightonbelle I do hope this latest lot of antibiotics works. A bone/sinus infection sounds painful.😔
    Rome, sigh…..
    @northgeorgia, at times like this it is best to just be kind to yourself. Listen to your body and we are here for you to hold your hand. Day at a time.💐🙏
    @maui as with @northgeorgia, we are thinking of you. It can be so difficult when a loved one needs a lot of care. At least you have your lovely family and quality of life is so important.
    We are here for you as and when needed. This truly is an international family.😊
    And 20 lbs is a great effort!! Well done.💐 It I the equivalent of lugging round three 3 kg bags of oranges. That is no mean feat.
    @at as you are hoping for your 58 I am hoping to get under 84kgs !!!😲But March has certainly assisted as have the previous months of 5:2. Club tortwah here…
    Like you I still have most of my ‘ old’ clothes. DH has been known to remark ‘ Didn’t you have that when we were engaged??’ ( 38 years ago!!!!)
    I am envious of your jazz concert. Too far away from most things cultural here.

No Bake Licorice Slice: ( had to write it out so no link, sorry)

I start by chopping up/slicing the 375gms of liquorice allsorts required for the recipe.
    Combine 125g chopped butter, 160g ( 2/3 cup) condensed milk, 1 tbsp golden syrup in saucepan and stir until melted.
    (Or Can be zapped in microwave for couple of minutes to melt.)
    Add 370g sliced/ chopped licorice all sorts, 250 g crushed plain sweet biscuits ( I use Marie biscuits, but not sure what types there are in other countries), 40g (1/2 cup) coconut and stir until just combined.
    Press mixture into base of a lined and greased slice tray 18cm x 32 cm.
    Refrig for 30 minutes or until firm.
    Place 200g chopped milk chocolate or choc melts and 2 tsp vegetable or coconut oil into microwave bowl and melt in bursts in microwave until melts.
    Pour melted choc over the slice, place in fridge to set.
    Chill 3 hours before cutting.
    Easy peasy. Tastes fab and because it is so rich I cut it into quite small pieces.
    Everyone loves it!! But probably not good to make on a FD.
    Whew! End of epic post.
    Have a good day all

Day 28, Germany, NFD

No last FD800 for the month yesterday, it’s fine as maintenance is going well.

@lilymartin We also love every kind of dance and take every opportunity to do it. How exciting to be waiting for your DD to deliver. I hope everything goes well.

Off to do another dance class,this morning a normal one.

Have nice day everyone!

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick one as life got busy again. Sadly a couple of funerals to attend this week plus it’s my mothers anniversary on Saturday, so a lot going on. Still on the wagon, just.

Looked back at photos from 2019, the last time DH and I were away abroad in our camper van (darn Covid), and oh my, I need to get back to that weight and those clothes again. I have 6 months before we go back to Spain in the van, must knuckle down and actually DO it!!!

@lilymartin hope some lovely news re a new grandchild 😍

Happy Tuesday all. Xxxx

Day 28 – Ireland – FD800 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

@funshipfreddie you are right I think. Fair play to your memory!
    @snowflake56 I’m so sorry you were upset after your conversation with your friend. I hope things are better now and enjoy your class today.
    @lilymartin thanks for the recipe – omg they sound divine! I will make them one day but not anytime soon or before the holiday… 🤭
    Well done on holding on to clothes.. I buy because I like a style or it suits me rather than “fashion” so have quite a lot I’ve held on to… I am trying now not to buy new things and rewear what I have.. there was nearly a whole 3 years where I didn’t get to wear much of my good stuff… 👗 🕺
    I have done a good “triage” though and am passing on a lot to the older children in the family. It’s vintage now 😂😆

@daffodil2010 sorry to hear you are having a sad week. 💕

Just a few more days… we can get there – small efforts for the win 💪🎉

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 28 Pocket List 💪

@daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim FD800

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@lilymartin – wow! That was indeed a whopper of a post! 😅 Thanks for the congrats. I don’t think it has much to do with the painting, although up & down a ladder 50 times a day is probably good exercise. I’ve had a stomach upset for the last couple of days though. Sunday I barely managed 400 cals, & didn’t have much of an appetite yesterday either. I don’t normally weigh myself on NFDs, but I was curious this morning. 68.9 kg! My lowest weight ever as an adult, I think. Silver linings…🥴️

@lilymartin – talking of delayed gratification & younger people; I just happened to watch this episode of ’60 Minutes Australia’ yesterday. Generation Y, aka Gener@tion Debt, those between 18 & 28 have apparently clocked up AUD$60 billion in debt! Because they want it NOW. It’s way too easy to get credit. No wonder we’re on the verge of another global financial crisis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Xld0Bl-aw

@northgeorgia – I’m always intrigued by your weight fluctuations. 4 lb in a day! But apparently that’s quite normal. According to healthline.com the average adult’s weight fluctuates up to 5 or 6 lbs per day. https://www.healthline.com/health/weight-fluctuation

“Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.” ~ Venus Williams

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 152.2

Well, what an interesting few days! I finished my edit on Saturday and got it sent back to the author; oddly, I haven’t heard from him…perhaps he just didn’t think to email and acknowledge he’d received it.

Then we woke up to all that snow on Sunday! It felt quite surreal, LOL, since we weren’t expecting much of anything. AND, I posted here just a little before 8am and then was out the door to walk over to church in the still-falling and blowing snow… and by 8:15, the skies were blue and the sun was beating brightly on all that white! LOL, one never knows, right?

So our plans for the day were completely changed, and that was okay because DH and I both needed some quiet down time. The sad thing is I apparently also thought I needed lots of food. Lots and lots and lots…

Monday, I was up and out the door by 7:15 to get to my doctor’s appointment, where he prescribed some medicine to “break the cycle” of my migraines; I’ll pick that up today. I had an hour after I got home to do some needed email work, and then DH and I went to our village yard waste where there’s a huge pile of wood chips for the taking (we have to pay an annual fee of $15 for a key to get in there…the best money we spend!). It was covered with snow, but wasn’t frozen, so it worked fine, and we spent 20-30 minutes scooping the wood chips into the back of DH’s little pickup and then headed down to Lincoln to unload it for our son. (They only got half an inch, and it’s long gone.) He and DH then loaded the pickup with yard waste and took it to DS26’s dump, and then came up with a pick-up load of the nicest compost I’ve ever seen! We spent several hours filling his new raised beds with small branches, composted leaves, top soil, and mulch–lots of raking, lifting, bending, etc…I was thinking of you, @gardenlily! Then we had a lovely dinner of salmon, risotto (DS26’s specialty), steamed asparagus, and the last of the apple/broccoli salad from Friday…a stellar day.

This morning, I woke up just after 3am and couldn’t quit thinking of all the things on my to-do list between now and Easter, so in self-defense, I got up and made a list. It’s comprehensive, so I think that will take away the constant mental rotation of the list; having it written out is always helpful.

I play for a funeral on Friday, at a church 30 minutes away, for a woman I never met, but her son-in-law is singing and he’s apparently quite gifted–this is going to be FUN! And the woman asked for Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus to be played at the end of the service–LOUD. I laughed when the daughter told me that, and said, “Oh, no fear, I can do loud!” (Many people complain that I play too loudly…thankfully, others love it. The eternal curse of organists is that their musical contribution tends to be summed up according to the volume rather than the content and musicality, appropriateness and sensitivity of what they play…)

Okay, off my soap box.

I’m smiling at all the chatter today; it was fun to read. And @lilymartin, posset is a British thing made from whipping cream, sugar and lemon…it’s gloriously yummy, truly simple and fast, and can be made far ahead, so is perfect for entertaining. Plus, it’s gluten free; the new thing we think about in our family because of DS31. https://www.savingdessert.com/easy-lemon-posset/

Okay, it’s 5:30 am. Think I’ll be able to go back to sleep now?

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 28 Pocket List 💪
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim FD800
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. @funshipfreddie Yeah, the WFDs really make the weight plummet as opposed to FD500s, and unfortunately, the bounceback is similar, too. Although sometimes the bouncebacks are just a couple of pounds, like today. I think it has to do with water and amount of carbohydates on refeeding days for me.

This is another week of no fasting, so I have to watch myself a bit more this week. Not easy when yesterday’s professional luncheon had cookies and chips with a sandwich (probably the same today)! Still, I think I can control things a bit in the evenings.

Today makes a full month since my father’s passing. Not sure how it will affect me today; yesterday morning, an escaped pony from a mile away showed up at my brother’s front door, probably scared from the previous evening’s storms. My niece was thrilled and fed and petted it. The owners finally recovered it around lunchtime. Odd occurrence; I’ll take it as a sign.

Day 28 UK FD

Yesterdays FD didn’t happen – had to meet DH in town after he’d had a small procedure and as it was looking that yesterdays sun was all we were going to see for the next 10 days had a nice lunch out – so going for a FD today

Day 28 Pocket List 💪
    @daffodil2010
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim FD800
    @stitchincarol WF
    @brightonbelle

Day 28 – UK – CD
    Day 27 – FD800

Yesterday was a glorious day – sunshine and deep blue skies so out for another hike – this time covered 8.5miles and 1,578ft elevation gained – absolutely wonderful to be out on the fells and ended the day with a restorative and relaxing yoga class…….perfect! And completed a FD800 – great start to the week!

What a change today…….our group walk was cold and wet, only managed 3.2miles but it was invigorating to say the least – That cup of coffee ☕️ at the end was welcomed!!

@brightonbelle – bet it was a relief to find out that the cause of your daily migraines was due to a sinus problem 🤞the antibiotics clear up the problem
    @malee57 – I totally that exercise definitely makes me feel a lot better both physically and mentally 😊
    @maui – great job on dropping 20lbs since October last year!\
    @lilymartin – hope all goes well with your DD’s x – I might try your liquorice slice for our next craft fair cafe……

Hoping today will be a CD – I have a HIP class late afternoon and a prawn and spinach curry planned for dinner so should make it 🤞

I need to pop into the village for some shopping – making sandwiches for the group I volunteer at tomorrow – we are doing an Easter tea party for them – I got voted in to make a selection of sandwiches, two others are making cakes and another person mini scones – trick will be for me to avoid sampling everything 🤣

Not long to go till the end of this Make March Mine Challenge……

Day 28 second post

So delighted that I did indeed sleep, well over two hours, and when I got up for the second time? 150.8 — a pound and a half down from 3:30 and the lowest Tuesday on my record since January. Whoop-whoop!!

Like @northgeorgia, my weight fluctuates up and down wildly, so the best I can do is compare Tuesdays with Tuesdays, Fridays with Fridays, Sundays with Sundays, and so on. I’m liking this comparison. I’ll like my weight far better when I’m below 150 and always am below 150, but as a step in the right direction, this is worth celebrating.

Day 29 FD NZ

Returning after a fun and busy time with my Californian friend. I was chief cook, bottle washer, chauffeur, tour guide all of which I didn’t mind but shopping guide was a wee bit beyond the pale. She tried on what seems like hundreds of dresses, most marked down for the change of season sales and didn’t purchase anything despite the US$ being worth nearly twice ours. I’m quite good at helping people with colours and clothing styles and couldn’t believe I couldn’t get one outfit over the line for her.

I’m doing a FD today as a catch up.
    Have read all the news and views.
    I have to catch up my life.
    Onward and downward!

Day 29, Germany, NFD

@merryapple Glad to have you back, you’ve been busy!

@jaifaim We’ll leave my friend alone for a while, there was no reason for her to react like that. She can be harsh to people. I like the fun everyone has in the line dance class, it’s nice to be with happy people.

@lilymartin I copied your Licorice Slice recipe and will give it a try when I’ve found the ingredients. I can’t imagine how it will taste.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – Ireland – FD800 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all I had a good FD800 yesterday and will try for another one today as I am out tonight and I don’t think I can fit another FD in until Friday… which is always a bad day for FD for me…

@maui – goodness losing 30lbs is no mean feat! I have struggled to lose a fraction of that… that’s just amazing. I am so in awe of those of you who have these huge losses… 💪

@merryapple sounds like you were busy – good to see you back – for a rest 😂 💕

@snowflake56 I’m glad the dancing went well. I had class last night – I’m not getting any better but am laughing more 😂

@at good luck with your day… 🐣. You have reminded me that Easter is my favourite time in the Lake District. I was at many an Easter night out there with friends back in the day (we used to have an Easter bonnet competition for the laugh – they became crazier and crazier over the years) 👒 then followed by stunning hikes where I nearly passed out the next day… 🧗‍♀️ I had never hiked as high so it was all a shock to the system 😂

Ok better run… times seems to be flying away on me these days..
    Happy hump day all 🐪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 29 Pocket List 🐪
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim FD800

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800 Keto

Going for a keto day today. Eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, meatballs prepped and ready for dinner.

Not dropping much weight wise, argh, but keeping on keeping on. This menopause has given me the menopause “apron” plus stagnancy weight. But I Feel fit and healthy, no aches or pains, fairly supple….just wish I could fit into my old clothes a la @jaifaim 😆

Re the sense of entitlement discussed recently about younger people in the work place, I would now be one of the elder lemons in my job (how did THAT happen), so am well placed to see how the younger ones work. What is very noticeable is that people from their 40’s up would put in the extra hours to get something finished, whereas most of the younger ones strictly work their 9 to 5, take their one hour lunch break, be gone on the dot of finishing time and out the door.

And good for them too! I saw this being called “Quiet Quitting” by management guru types in the media, but it’s not! The young ones are working exactly what they are being paid for and no more, whereas us oldies who have been through recessions, job cuts and layoffs, we have the work ethic to get things done even if it means extra hours unpaid work!!!! So who is right?..

Have a lovely hump day all

Day 29 – UK – CD

Busy day – Yoga class at 10-1130 then I have to head back to make sandwiches for an Easter Afternoon Tea for around 20 of our regulars at the Evergreen Club (This is a social club for older people which meets between 2pm and 4pm every Wednesday afternoon) Other volunteers are making cakes and mini scones – the room and tables will need to be decorated with an Easter theme before they arrive.

I won’t be back home until around 5pm so hoping to manage another CD today then B2B FD800 to end this Make March Mine challenge on a positive note 🤞

I am really happy that I also have been able to stay on course for my Alcohol free Lent, even including some social gatherings – Today is the start of week 6!! Missing out on alcohol has certainly helped to keep control of my total calorie intake – I weighed in at 61.6kg/9st 10lbs on Ash Wednesday – I was 59.6kg/9st 5lbs on 11/3 and again on 18/3!!!! It will be interesting to see what I weigh on Saturday 1/4 and again at the end of Lent on 8/4………

BTW has anyone volunteered to take over the baton from @lilymartin at the end of this challenge?????

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD – 🚫🍷180 Days 🥳️🎈🎉

I’m still a whole kilo down for the month, & my appetite is still not back to normal; so I’m putting off my FD til tomorrow.

I just saw the news re Paul O’Grady – aka Lily Savage – gone at 67?! So sudden.

@daffodil2010 – that’s a great question. While I was working in casinos, especially on the ships, we didn’t have set finishing times during the evening/night shifts. You could finish anywhere between midnight & 6 am or later, depending on the level of business. And if you didn’t like it, you knew where the door/airport was. And there were/are 50 people waiting to replace you. The quiet quitters may get away with it while the labour shortage lasts, but the tide will turn. Who’s right? I guess it depends on the individual. If you enjoy your job & hold onto it, you’re right. If you’re bone idle & happy living on welfare/social security, then I guess you’re right too 😅 But I love Mark Twain’s quote – “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Day 29 – Pocket List 🐪
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800 keto

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Yikes… I did go a little crazier than I should last night, but hoping to not totally derail March this week with no fasting til April. Maybe the 218 will be my max weight for the month; so far it has been. But, mom already told me last night she bought a biscuit for me this morning LOL! No doubt we’ll also lunch, so I’ll just have to make dinner light or non-existent today…

@stitchincarol Congrats on the 150!

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD – 2min plank (soon) – 148.8

The doctor forgot to prescribe the “break the cycle” medicine, so I have to wait until the nurse gets it sorted out today–he was off yesterday. Because the daily headaches have returned after giving me a break over the weekend. But I keep reminding myself they’re not awful and I can cope with them, so I’ll just ignore this morning’s and celebrate that lovely scale number.

@at I just am not the passionate-about-exercise woman you are, but you sure make me question that, with the joy in how you describe the things you do!

@merryapple It sounds like you were the perfect hostess for your friend, and I would be equally indignant if my friend did all that trying on, but didn’t buy anything! Those SILLY Californians (I can say that as a born-and-bred-until-I-was-28 Californian).

@snowflake56 I used to know well that you and your hubby did dancing several times a week, but had forgotten, so I’m glad you’re sharing details again; it makes me smile to think of. Dancing is in my blood, but DH has two left feet and little sense of rhythm, so it’s not an option for us–not least because he doesn’t enjoy it at all. 😂

@jaifaim Your Easter bonnet competition sounds so completely fun!

@daffodil2010 Excellent points about whether it’s appropriate to work extra–unpaid–hours. I certainly have no answers, but loved considering your arguments.

@funshipfreddie Sympathies on the stomach bug you had; I hope you’re all back to normal tomorrow!

@northgeorgia How’d the one-month milestone go?

@brightonbelle Hope your DH is fine after his procedure, and that the strong antibiotics finally kick all the problems you’ve been having!

@michelinme I MISS YOU!!!!!

I made a list yesterday on Cozi (anyone know that app? I love it and use it constantly) of everything I need to get done between now and Easter and printed it out yesterday, and then managed to tick off everything scheduled to be done yesterday–very satisfying to be on schedule. It’s meant to be used on the app, not printed, but the appeal of a paper list that I get to check off is too huge for me, LOL. Plus, DH will look at the list and help occasionally, but only if it’s printed, so that’s a good reason to do so. I meet with the soloist this morning for Friday’s funeral; most of the day will just be getting things done that need doing–tidying, mostly, for my house cleaner–but I’m looking forward to the musical part of the day!

I’m finding that not eating until 1:30, and then having only protein, is working well for me, so I’m continuing it. Tonight is the last meal at church, which means it’s the last night I’ll be tempted by far too many yummy dishes and a variety of desserts to weaken my resolve. But I tend to burn lots of calories on Wednesdays, and don’t think I’m eating over 1500 calories, so it’s technically just fine, even if it feels over-indulgent.

Okay, enough chatter, you all have better things to do than read my ramblings while I’m postponing getting to work, LOL!!!! 😂

Day 29 – Pocket List 🐪
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800 keto

Day 29 UK NFD

Wow ! Thanks @stitchincarol , great post – I’m all caught up now

See you on the list tomorrow

USA. Day 29. ADF. FD

Day 29 – Pocket List 🐪
    @merryapple
    @jaifaim FD800
    @daffodil2010 FD800 keto
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 30 Melbourne, Australia LFD

I made it to 23 hours of my fluid fast on Monday. I will see how I go today. I need to go another 8 hours without solids. Which sounds difficult to my brain but I have done it before and can do it again.

I think people have the right idea when they work the hours they are paid to work. Studies have shown that staff are more productive when they are not putting in too many hours, when they have some control over their lives. I look at my work life and know that if I had taken sick days for my mental health I would not have burnt out and stopped permanent work in my mid-fifties. I can afford to work casual hours and now have a very good work life balance. I do get shitty when staff regularly come in 5 mins late and are ready to leave before the next shift comes out of handover. But this is all staff who do this – not just the younger nurses. Rant over.

Day 30 country west Australia CD 83.9 kgs 184.56 lbs
    Well, Cruella de scales has been quite pleasant to me today.😊
    After a good FD and being far more sensible with eating – eating less and making better choices AND actually fasting, I have got below 84 kgs which was my goal ( but not getting too carried away with ‘ pride cometh before a fall’ ringing in my ears!!!)
    Called away to do sheep work and now off in to town for my work so will catch up with posts later.
    I am Happy to lurch into Amazing and Awesome Actionable April as chief cat herder as long as people don’t mind me being occasionally MIA – just like March really!!! 🤪
    But if anyone desperately wishes to take the reins I am happy either way.
    Words for the week :
    Scrimshanker – one who shirks duty
    Objurgatory – rebuking, chiding, scolding😠
    Pilgarlic – a bald-headed man 😲
    Abdominous – corpulent, having a large belly as in ….( and their example was Santa Claus !!!). Could have read ‘lilymartin’ BUT thanks to 5:2, no longer!😱
    That’s the thing with this forum , the support rally helps me and others.😊
    Onward and downward.

Day 30 NFD NZ

After my FD I went to see a friend last night who has an amazing collection of interesting and unusual china. She served many yummy nibbley things on 19c plates giving me two problems 1. the urge to see what the pattern was so had to employ strategic eating across all plates and 2. the inability to assess how much I’d actually eaten over the course of the whole evening…
    Sigh! April has to be better. I’ll do a FD tomorrow in preparation for the MMM weigh in and keep my fingers crossed…

@Jaifaime Yes I need to rest – rest my jaw and drinking arm🤐
    @daffodil2010 Stagnancy weight this is a new word but sadly a very familiar concept…
    @at and @ Maui you are a legends! And inspirational!
    Wow @Maylee57 Racing to the March finish line. Good on you!
    @stitchincarol Thank you. I thought in hindsight I was being a wee bit mean but a lot of our village shops are surviving on a shoestring at the moment and it would have been so nice to help with a sale.
    @northgeorgia I’m sure you’ll ping back! You’re doing so well.
    @funshipfreddie a kg is a kg or volume wise a block of butter lost so fantastic!!
    @Brighton Belle so pleased you have a diagnosis and therefore treatment. Take care.
    @lilymartin Thank you for rounding up the abdominous flock for April. I’m pleased you managed to find 4 x As. Triple A works for American Automobile Association or Alcoholics Anonymous!
    @malee57 and @ccco Have great day👋
    I have just lined Macintosh’s bike seat with carpet so we’re off for a bike ride
    Onward and downward
    Onward and downward!

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800

Thanks @lilymartin for continuing on with April, you are a star ☺️

Unfortunately my FD didn’t happen as DH arrived home with a lovely bottle of Shuraz under his arm and we enjoyed that with my keto home made meatballs. Slight drop on the scales, but still in the stagnancy zone, but onward we go.

@malee57, I think you are right when you say that work life balance is so important. Right up until recently in thus job, I would start early and finish later just to get tasks done, with the belief that I was making life easier for me for the next day. But it didn’t work like that, and I was getting very resentful. My millennial co-worker would often work slightly late too, but then we got a new management team with new ideas, there was lots of tension and arguments, and my millennial co-worker has now gone to strictly working hours as he said that the extra time was not being appreciated. And they apologise to him now if they ask him to do something near to his finishing up time 😨

So I decided, after my recent run in with my new manager, that I would follow suit! I no longer resent the job, and everyone concedes that my day is over at 5pm. !!!!
    A huge change from all my previous work life 😄

@funshipfreddue, oh dear, having no idea when you would finish a shift…ooooh no. It’s like that in restaurant etc too though, you work until “finish”.

It’s a beautiful morning. Have a lovely day.

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@lilymartin – thank you for offering to continue hosting with AAA April 🙏

@merryapple – a kilo down is okay; but I’m supposed to be maintaining. I’m 1.8 m (5’11”) medium build. My BMI is almost down to 21 & I don’t really want it to get any lower.

@stitchincarol – the stomach bug is lingering, ugh! I’m taking probiotics. Should be an easy FD anyway 😏

Last FD for MMM! Let’s make it a good one 🎯

Pocket List – Day 30 🍇
    @malee57 LFD
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – Ireland – CD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi all I had a busy day yesterday in work, had a little cycle and was out to a play last night. So I didn’t go mad and came in under 800. Awarding myself a ⭐️.

@merryapple I don’t think you’re being mean … I always pick up a little memory from trips and particularly where I’ve been fed and watered… often just a little pair of earrings or a little painting but something small… but I do also know many people who can shop for hours and not pick up one thing… I’ve never been able to do that as I’m not a “shopper” so if I do spend time in shops think the time invested must mean I come away with something…

@lilymartin I’m so glad that cruella has been kind to our lovely host! You’ve been so busy and to herd us as well is very very much appreciated! 💕

@malee57 and @funshipfreddie 👏👏👏
    it’s all still really slow for me on the scales but I’m trying on the jumpsuit every few days now 🕺 it’s getting looser and I think it will be my new measure 😂 .
    @daffodil2010 It is weird as I was lower in weight last year at my ATL and didn’t fit into it… so who knows… 🤔

@stitchincarol poor you! The reset meds should get you to a good place 🙏 and hopefully things will be brighter from then on ☀️
    I’m in a much better place now with the headaches… they still come on every few days but much less frequent and debilitating.. the most important is, as you say, to realise that they are not with you forever and they WILL
    stop soon … and important for me not to “own” the headache… so not my headache but the headache… grrr… it’s awful. 💕

Ok better run… I am rolling into my busiest time of the year… thanks @lilymartin for offering to host again🤩!!! I will host again soon 🗓️♥️.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 30, Germany, NFD

No dance classes until after Easter, our dance teacher reported usyesterday, he has Covid. I hope nowone else will get it, on Monday we had 27 in the line dance class (I’m one of the youngest there) and on Tuesday my DH and I practiced new rumba steps with him. We’ll stay away from other people and we’ll do a test on Sunday.

@funshipfreddie and @at Well done on staying AF for so long!

@jaifaim I’m don’t think I’ll ever be good at line dancing but I like the athmosphere and the laughter. Our ballroom dancing is more sporty than elegant but we’re working on it. Having the same weight as last year, I have clothes I bought last year but they don’t fit well at the moment. My fat seems to have shifted and after losing 7 kg my arms have a lot of loose skin. No sleeveless shirts or dresses this summer for me.

@stitchincarol My DH didn’t want to dance either so for my 50th birthday I asked for dancing lessons. He didn’t expect to like it but now he’s unstoppable and could do it every day. I hope you’ll get your new medication and it will do the job.

@lilymartin Thank you so much for herding us for another month!

@funshipfreddie I hope your stomach bug will be gone by now.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Come on…one more NFD in March (definitely a work lunch is scheduled for today) but I need to behave a lot better than I did last night…egads. Anyway, got to stay under 220 for one more day and I’ll have succeeded all month not reaching the 220s! Been a while…

Day 30 – UK – FD500

Yesterday was such a busy day that by the time I got home and had a shower I just did not feel like cooking so we ordered some pizzas but I did manage to stay at TDEE so not a loss

I went to bed early for me and was fast asleep by 10pm, woke up around 3am and tossed and turned before eventually falling asleep again and then woke up from a deep sleep at 8.10 – just enough time for a quick cup of tea, wash face, brush teeth and out the door to walk the 10mins to my 9am Happy Hour (aerobics class)

Did not stay for coffee today, as had a few errands to run before a facial booked for 1045 – collected my contact lens, did a bit of food shop, then just in time for my facial – back home for a shower and now enjoying a well deserved cup of tea and catching up on here…….phew!!

After a drizzly start we now have sunshine so sitting by the window enjoying the warmth of the sun through glass.

@funshipfreddie – I hope you’re all back to normal soon
    @stitchincarol – I only really discovered the joys of regular exercise after retiring – before that it was skiing/hiking only during holidays with minimal exercise in between 🤣
    @malee57 – great job on those 24hr fasts – Can I ask if you then eat a proper meal? are you in fact doing a OMAD??
    @lilymartin – Thank you for offering to host a second month in a row – that’s fantastic of you 💐 I’ll happily do the spreadsheet for “Amazing and Awesome Actionable April” and put up my hand to host May as it seems a while since I did!
    @merryapple – your “Yes I need to rest – rest my jaw and drinking arm🤐” did make me chuckle!!

Pocket List – Day 30 🍇
    @malee57 LFD
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

I do hope that Cruella is kind tomorrow on my final weigh in for this Make March Mine challenge, and my next weigh in will be at the end of Lent to see the total effect of my alcohol free Lent 🤞

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 151.0 – no planks this morning

I’ve become quite lax about when and whether I do planks, but it’s tough to care when a headache is pounding; I’ll get back to being faithful soon. I ate very well yesterday, but gave in to far too many potato chips, so I’m sure it’s the sodium that shot my weight up so far this morning.

Still waiting to get the prescription for the stop-the-cycle meds, and waiting this moment for the Imitrex to kick in …

@lilymartin Thanks for volunteering to continue hosting; you’re doing a lovely job!

@merryapple You made me chuckle at your need to rest…rest your jaw and drinking arm! And, no, you weren’t being mean; it was reasonable frustration and irritation since you clearly don’t love shopping. Has your friend known you long enough and well enough to know that’s not something you enjoy doing?

@daffodil2010 What a nice place you’ve gotten to in your job where you’re not resenting it, and actually quit when you’re scheduled to quit. Do you enjoy the work now that you’re at a place of peace with your boss and what your actual quitting time is?

@funshipfreddie That’s odd that the stomach bug is lingering so long–it clearly has moved in and made itself comfortable! Here’s a thought since you’re losing weight you’re not actually wanting to lose; what if you were to switch to 6-1?

@jaifaim I’ve thought of that over the years in relation to many ill-health things: is it my cancer or the cancer? Is it my kidney stones or the kidney stones? etc. (Not that I’ve had either, but in relation to other people.) I think it’s a valid point. And I’m really glad your headaches are reducing in frequency and intensity. What makes this the busiest time of year for you?

@snowflake56 Oh, dear! I hope you and your DH don’t end up with Covid and that your dance instructor’s case is mild.

@northgeorgia One way I avoid eating too much is to take myself away from the house. Can you go window shopping this evening in order to minimize your time at home and around food? Or for a walk, or to a museum, or….?

@at Busy morning! Glad you were able to get back to sleep, however. By the way, I forgot to comment on the jazz concert you went to last Friday; it sounded wonderful. I listen to jazz much of every day, and just a few months ago discovered KCSM, the jazz station at California State University at San Mateo, which is just south of San Francisco, so the station is identified as San Francisco’s. All I have to do is ask Google to stream “KCSM, Jazz 91”–I wonder if it would be that easy for you, or if you’d have to go online to stream it? Anyway, it’s jazz 24/7 with no news even… lovely.

I got everything done on yesterday’s list, so am feeling quite virtuous, LOL. I even got my sewing room remarkably tidied, and then got the zipper sewn into the skirt I’m sewing for Easter. The feeling of accomplishment is quite rewarding, you know? Now if the medicine would simply do its work…

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 30 🍇
    @malee57 LFD
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD

Day 30 country west Australia second post
    Short replies as early ( 5.30 am ) start tomorrow for work at a house which we ar having built as a BnB investment/ possible retirement house on the coast. Not enough b builders or materials so it is SLOW going. But just need to check that it actually IS going as have not heard from the builder in a while…😲
    @at , TIA for putting up the spreadsheet. sorry to hear about the sleep probs. A few people seem to be experiencing them. Not sure if it is to do with FDs ?? 🤔 Or are we all just too busy ??
    And well done on the alcohol free Lent. It all helps.
    @Funhipfreddie, sorry to hear about the ongoing stomach bug. Your BMI does seem quite low so here’s hoping you are able to get an appetite soon.
    On 5:2 who would have thought I’d be saying that !! 😁
    @stitchincarol you are one busy lady!! I hope you get the headaches eventually under control. I think planks can wait while you endure headaches.
    @northgeorgia, I am sure you can make it to tooorw night under 220 !
    @snowflake56 all the talk of dancing is given me itchy feet. I Love dancing. I did some chair dancing today with an aged care exercise group I take once a week. They loved it! 😊
    @merryapple, I sympathise with wanting to see what the china looked like! I. hope the nibbly bits were worth it. Nice china is a thing of beauty.
    Off to catch some zzz’s nd be mindful for tomorrow. Last day is going to be a good one!!

Day 30 UK FD

Pocket List – Day 30 🍇
    @malee57 LFD
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @brightonbelle

Day 30 USA/HI FD800
    Hoping to pull off a FD800 today to end March. I have not reached any new goals this month….unless 157 lbs pops up again tomorrow morning. With the usual up/downs I may have to settle for just staying under 160 for the month. And that’s ok. April will be better. O

Pocket List – Day 30 🍇
    @malee57 LFD
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @brightonbell
    @maui

Day31 FD Last Day for MMM

Saving my weigh in for tomorrow…
    Have just lost my post…Grrr and have to keep going.

Pocket List
    @merry🍎

Day 30 – SECOND POST

I have to be up and out the door by 6:30 in the morning so I can drive the half hour up to the little town where the funeral is, and get to know the organ–I know the music, but the organ is another story. So, I won’t be posting in the morning, and the day may take on a life of its own and keep me from posting later on, so I’m sharing now: as I’m headed to bed, I’m weighing 149.8 lbs. That’s 1.2 lbs down from my morning weigh-in, so I was right that much of this morning’s weight was sodium-overload from the chips from last night!!! Makes me excited to see the weight in the morning! I’ll try to post tomorrow, but I wanted to celebrate how kind Cruella is already!

Day 31 – Ireland – FD800 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    End March – 157.6lbs ⬇️ 3.4lbs from March 1
    Goal 155lbs

Hi all I kept it low on the calories yesterday even though I was out after work last night. I am patting myself on the back today as we end the month even though March efforts may not be reflected on the scales. I have had my most controlled month with food, body & mind in many many years and although there is no huge reflection on the scales I feel so much better in all other ways… and that’s even with the headaches and lack of sleep. (I wrote this post and then weighed… I’m thrilled as hadn’t realised the steady progress I was making… 😃) just have to keep the faith and not bounce back up now..

I am hoping the drop will happen. If it doesn’t then so be it… I really want to get to 155lbs and maintain in a range around that nice number.

@lilymartin – a huge thank you for hosting and herding us and for offering to continue on for April. I hope all went well at the coast today. 🏠

@at thanks as always for the spreadsheet and for offering to host May. I’ll raise my hand for June now as I’ll have more time then and I find hosting is great for keeping the focus. I always find summer harder than winter when it comes to fasting and being AF 🚫♥️.
    We had the same weather yesterday – a glimpse of summer with the heat of the sun and then a cold sea mist last evening.

@funshipfreddie I hope you are beginning to feel better? There is a bad bug circulating here where people are laid up for more than the usual 24 hours… hopefully you are keeping hydrated and replenishing your electrolytes.

@stitchincarol it’s so hard to exercise with the headaches so I’d say don’t push it… gentle walks… good deep breaths…. Anything more than that makes you feel like your head will expand… you poor thing 💕
    April for us is end of year so although I’m not in Finance, all of our yearly projects tend to need to be completed by year end and new projects start. As it’s also holiday end of year, lots of people take their leave before the end of month which has a knock on effect on me and my team.
    I love my job although it can be stressful sometimes but I am another who would have been guilty of working far more then my hours in the past… partly because I have ultimate responsibility for what we do but also because others around me did… I realised a few years ago that this isn’t good for me or the people who work with me and you lead by example so now I try not to work too much longer than I should – unless of course it’s exceptional and I take back that time when it suits me… so zero resentment and fair is fair… 🤔

Enjoy playing LOUD 🎹 🤭
    Hurrah on the 140s and post sodium drop 👏

@maui – I had hoped to see 157 today… it wasn’t to be… next month for sure. You have achieved so much during this difficult month ⭐️. I hope April is a better month for you and that your DH is well and comfortable.

@merryapple … bummer! 🗒️ good luck today…

Ok here we go last FD800 of this marvellous month.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Not a great month, ended up gaining 2lb that are not shifting ☹️ Not feeling too good either, had sore eyes, pressure in my ears and feeling exhausted in work yesterday, I was asleep in bed by 8.30pm. Hope I haven’t caught some bug or lurgy.

Today is a lunch with work. Tomorrow is my mothers anniversary so always a sombre day.

Going to work harder in April at this WOL

Have a great day. Friday

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

My appetite is returning at last! I never thought I’d be relieved to feel hungry on a FD, but I was ravenous last night, so whatever’s been ‘bugging me’ is definitely clearing up. Last weigh-in for MMM, 68.7 kg. So down 1.3 kg for the month. Lots of wiggle room for AAA April 😊

@stitchincarol – 6:1. Yes, I’ll have to consider that if my weight drops any more. Before I quit the 🍷I regularly followed 4:3 just to stay at or under 73 kg. So 5:2 feels very manageable. And I do it for the health benefits other than weight maintenance. Not sure if 6:1 would diminish those benefits 🤔 I hope your migraine muti kicks in soon.

@jaifaim – there’s definitely something going around here too. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s water-related. Our dam levels are so low in this area. I don’t drink tap water any more; even Boo Boo gets the bottled water. But I use it to rinse produce. Maybe I should rethink that too.

@daffodil2010 – oh no?! I hope you manage to get through work today & that you can rest up over the weekend 🤗

The first quarter of 2023 gone already?! Thank you again @lilymartin for hosting, & for keeping the ball rolling next month 💐🙏
    Well done to everyone who’s lost, maintained or made progress this month. See you over the page in Amazing and Awesome Actionable April 🐣

Pocket List – Day 31 🍎
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim FD800

Day 31 – UK – FD800

I surprised myself by easily doing a FD500 yesterday – I think because I was busy and before I realised it was already 8pm and I wasn’t feeling hungry so just had a cup of tea on my return home from my evening pilates class!

Cruella was very kind to me this morning – I stepped on and off a few times just to make sure 🤣but it remained firmly at 58.6kg/9st 3lbs 💃 that’s a loss of 3kg/6.6lbs since Ash Wednesday (22/2) when I went alcohol free……

When I first went on this journey I weighed 75kg/11st 11lbs I got down to 53-54kg/8st 4lbs-8st 7lbs in Dec 2016 and maintained around that weight until April 2019 – thereafter a slow creep upwards with some yo-yoing until I hit a high of 61.6kg/9st 8lbs towards the end of last year……For whatever reason I could not find my mojo to lose and maintain until I decided to go alcohol free for Lent just to see if I could…….and I have to say that “Make March Mine” resonated with me and has helped to keep me focused so a big thank you to @lilymartin 🤗

I will continue to remain alcohol free until the end of Lent and have another weigh in on Saturday 8/4 😇 The question I am now asking myself is do I want to go back down to 53-54kg/8st 4lbs-8st 7lbs with a BMI of under 20; where I first landed after my initial weight loss……..or am I happy around 57-58kg/8st 13lbs-9st 2lbs with a BMI of around 21????

@stitchincarol – thank you so much for that link 🤗 I just asked Google to find “KCSM, Jazz 91”and it was that easy to find the live link which I am listening to on my laptop whilst logging on here this morning!!

I will be off in the next hour to meet with my regular walking group for a low level hike today, it’s overcast again but at least not raining!! Then seeing an afternoon session of the film “Allelujah” with a couple of friends – not sure about it though as the headline review in The Guardian says “starry but jarring film of Alan Bennett’s hospital play”

I am joining @merryapple on a final FD for the month but this one will definitely be a FD800 like @jaifaim

Pocket List
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim FD800
    @at FD800

Thank you once again @lilymartin for an awesome “Make March Mine Challenge” and continuing as our host for an “Amazing and Awesome Actionable April 2023 ” 💐 🤗

See you all tomorrow in the April Challenge…..

Day 31 UK NFD

Thank you so much for guiding us this month @lilymartin 💐and well done for volunteering for April , I’m delighted to record a loss this month , so I’m 9lb down so far in 2023

See you all tomorrow, and hoping some of our absent friends show up 👋

Day 31, Germany, NFD

Maintenance worked well this month so I’m pleased.

@lilymartin A long, long time ago I worked in a care home with residents having Alzheimer. There was almost no communication possible but they reacted on music. We introduced dancing on old music on Friday afternoons and it was a real success. It was so adorable to see a lot of them remembering the dance moves. Thank you so much for herding us through this month and of course @at for providing the spreadsheet.

@daffodil2010 I hope your weekend will be a relaxed one, take care!

@stitchincarol We both feel well today, I’m glad we ate well and feel healthy.

@at I remember we both had the same low weight for a while. 50-54 kg were too low for me, it made me too shapeless. 60-62 seems to be the right weight and it’s easier to maintain although secretly I want to be in the 56-58 range but if I look at my loose skin I don’t think it’s a good idea. We’ll see.

It’s so nice to read a lot of us have done so well this month.

Have a nice day everyone and see you all tomorrow!

Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Well, although not the best way to end March, I’m happy about a few things:

1. This result is after a week of only fasting on Sunday. I had another week this month where I wasn’t able to fast except once (or maybe it was not at all) all week long.

2. I did meet my target of 212 lbs not once but twice this month!

3. I met my larger goal of not reaching the 220s even once this month. In fact, I didn’t even reach 219 this month.

Of course, I might creep into the 220 territory in the next couple of days before my planned FD on Sunday, but I’m encouraged by the fact the last time this month I had a NF Week, my weight actually started creeping down a pound or two over several days. Today, I actually weighed in a few ounces lighter.

Still, count me in for April!

USA. Day 31. FD

Last day of March! Can’t believe it!

Pocket List
    @merry🍎
    @jaifaim FD800
    @at FD800
    @ccco

See you all in April!

Day 31 country west Australia NFD 83.8 kgs 184.36 lbs
    Congratulations to everyone who has reached goals or made progress in March with health and weight goals.💐💐👏👏😇😇
    I think everyone is winning just by posting here and checking in however often.
    It shows that we are serious about trying to do something proactive even if we don’t always do as we had hoped re eating plans or reached our goal/s. It’s a journey.🙂
    Very very happy to have Made March Mine and to have attained my goal of ending March below 84 kgs.
    Just 20 more kgs to lose….😲
    I am very happy to host for April 😁 Like @at hosting has definitely kept me focused and the results are finally showing.
    Impatient person that I am, the weight loss seems slow BUT I have been overweigh/obese for 5 years and the Fat Fairy did use super duper superglue to weld the tractor tyre of fat around my waist so it IS going to take time to lose…😔
    @jaifaim, I could have written your opening paragraph !!! One reason I like the 5:2 WOL/E is that it has so many health benefits. So even though weight loss might be slower ( Club Tortwah) the health benefits are great.😁
    @funshipfreddie, I am so glad that you finally have an appetite. I was getting a bit concerned .
    Fancy being on 5:2 and being glad of someone eating and singing weight!😊
    @at massive thanks for doing the spreadsheet for us. It is most helpful and we do appreciate it.💐
    Congratulations on the weight loss. My mojo vanished for some years 😲😲but now it is back and I have it on a VERY tight leash !!!
    @maui checking in, support, accountability that is what helps us through. See you in AAAApril .🙂
    @ccco and pocket listers, I hope the FD went well. I too cannot believe the year is one third gone already!😅
    @northgeorgia, congratulations on those goals reached. They seem very good ones to me. 💐 Day at a time with all you have been through recently. Be kind and gentle with yourself🤗
    @snowflake56 I am glad maintenance worked well for you this month. May it continue!
    Yes dance and music are proven to be very good for residents in Aged Care , well for anyone really but especially in Aged Care . It I wonderful to see the responses of people with dementia. 🥲
    @brightonbelle, happy to host as it keeps me on track! And congratulations on such a good effort with weight loss. I am definitely in Club Tortwah re weight loss BUT this time I am staying the journey and the wagon is getting oh so slowly lighter!!!🤣
    @daffodil2010 I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Sending ‘chicken soup for the downhearted ‘ across the miles. Hope you get better soon.🤗
    @stitchincarol I do hope Cruella is kind for the last day of March 🤞You lead such a busy life !! I hope the organ was playable and I am sure the music would have been lovely.☺️
    @merryapple. Oh the irritation and frustration of losing a post !!😠😲 It used to happen a bit to me previously, so now I copy posts into a word document so that when it disappears into the ether at least I can copy it.🙄
    I am really looking forward to triple A April. On a roll with 5:2 now and determined to be under 80kgs by end of May.
    Onward and downward !!!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply.