Maintenance plan

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Itsraininglen 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with alternating between 5:2 fasting one week, followed by a maintainance of 6:1, then back to 5:2, etc.

I did the 5:2 for six months, but then switched to the ‘week about’ method between above, which I find easier to fit into working and social life.

However. I’m wondering whether this would have an impact on some of the benefits.

Any thoughts?

Hi Itsraininglen,
    This is just what I am thinking about doing when I get close to maintenance. I did it one cycle, but then decided I needed to keep 5:2ing for a time.
    I can’t imagine there is any problem. You would lose weight that little bit more slowly, but the benefits would still all be there.
    And the best way to do intermittent fasting is to make is sustainable, which is what you are doing.
    Best wishes!

I do 6:1 maintenance after doing 5:2. Depending on your situation you may find that 6:1 has you gaining weight, albeit more slowly, keeps you constant, or has you losing weight but more slowly than 5:2.

I still do 6:1 as I think there are benefits to be had which go beyond losing weight.

How you do it is up to you of course.

Great, thanks for this. You’re right, I think my staying power for the 5:2 is waning, so this might just keep me motivated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.