m.e./chronic fatigue and underactive thyroid

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
m.e./chronic fatigue and underactive thyroid

This topic contains 58 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  triciaruth 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)

• Hello all 🙂 just thought I would let you know am giving up on the fast diet. I just can’t manage it at present. Take care.

Hi petiteandsweet, sorry to hear that you are suffering at the moment, I hope you feel better soon and can come back to us.
    good luck

Hi petiteandsweet, I’m so sorry that you are having such a rough time. please take care of yourself and drop by and let us know you are from time to time.

Hi petiteandsweet, good luck in your life, keep us updated.

Hello, I have hashimotos/ fibromyalgia and fatigue too! I realise this is an old thread but I’m new here and hoped some of you were still here with miracle cures to announce 🙂

Hi iseult, hope you are still here! I’m so sorry I just now saw your post. I’ve not been able to post for a few weeks. been doing physical therapy to recover from a couple of falls and I find the more physical I am, the lass mental clarity I have.

I wish I could tell you I’m cured. I can say that I’ve seen some improvements with the diet. I rarely have heartburn or reflux anymore. I used to have daily.

I’ve lost about 25 lbs, that’s less of me to drag around. 🙂 I do think it’s starting to help with the inflammation and fibro pain. my daughter and I have been sick for 20 yrs, so I think it will probably take a while to get better.

we have had a lot of things going on here that have interfered with fasting the past few weeks and my daughter has seen an increase in symptoms. SO, we are resuming our 2 fast days a week, will let you know how things are going.

I hope you will give it try, I think you will be pleased with the results. looking forward to getting to know you. Phyllis

Hi thought I’d do a quick post to say I had CFS/ME 20-22 years ago and took about 4 years to start improving. There wasn’t a major recovery moment, just a slow gradual improvement after that. I never quite got back to the old me, but was pretty good until I had glandular fever 4 years ago (for the 2nd time). It was nowhere near as bad as CFS/ME but it was a horrible reminder of that time.

My weight first ballooned with CFS/ME and I couldn’t get it to stay down without getting sick whenever I tried. The one thing I remember from meeting others with it, we had so much in common but some things were different. One friend lost so much weight, the total opposite to me. I had the word problem – a couple of people I knew thought I was having mental health issues cos I’d say something like “I got the umbrella to town” when I meant bus – and I had no idea my brain was doing it until I got the looks. Don’t miss that aspect though I notice more mental blanks on words than I had before it all happened.

wishing you the best for coping with the challenges.

Hi Arla, so glad you have improved! I can really relate to the word problem. my husband and daughter also have M.E. and we have some really fun times with words around here. 🙂

most of the people I know with M.E. have gained weight, but I do know a couple that are really skinny and can’t put on weight. I guess it depends on which system is being affected at the time. my daughter and I have had periods of weight loss and gain. the past couple of years it’s been gain. 🙁

we love the 5;2 plan and I think it holds hope for us to regain some of our life. sure am glad the glandular fever you had didn’t relapse you for very long. thanks for your good wishes, sending you wishes for good times ahead . Phyllis

Hi,

I’ve just written a post here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/chronic-fatigue-syndrome/#post-32921
    about how the 5:2 diet has significantly improved my CFS/ME symptoms (basically I’ve wiped out the last 17 years and am feeling nearly as good as I felt at 17 before I got Glandular fever and then CFS).

I’m now swimming 2-3 times a week on top of my weekly Pilates class and as much riding as I can manage and am just about to start belly dancing classes. This is all with relative ease and few side effects.

I also have a blog here
    http://www.triciaruth.wordpress.com
    where I talk about my journey with CFS/ME and my successes with/tips on pacing and graded exercise therapy

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply.