Low Globulin reading from blood test

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Medical conditions and fasting
Low Globulin reading from blood test

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mojoe44 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have lost from 205 pound down to 173 pounds over a four month period using IF. It works for me and I feel fine. I had blood work done and almost all readings were static to last August, except my protein counts are outside normal. Globulin is at 1.6, normal is 1.9-3.7 and albumin/globulin ratio is therefore too high because the globulin is low.

Is this unusual and something with which to be concerned? I have upped carbs slightly and increased calorie intake since high relative protein intake apparently can contribute to this. I really like the way I have been eating without the tweaks, so am I overreacting?

I just got my blood work back and have the same issue. Did you ever figure this out?

I just had a blood test and showed low globulins also! All other tests were normal, including liver function and lipids. A chat with my phlebotomist indicated that she also fasted and had the same issue! While I realize that the plural of anecdote is not data, this looks like a trend.

Doctor is having me re-test in a month. I am not going to fast for a week or so before the blood draw. See if that makes a difference

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.