low fibre and fasting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Hi – I suffer from Crohn’s Disease and I’m on a strict low fibre diet as part of the management of this condition, essentially all the things you aren’t suppose to eat are my daily diet. I really want to try intermittent fasting however all the advice in the book are to eat lots of protein and leafy green vegetables – the protein is fine however I can’t eat salads, leaves, the majority of vegetables, pulses, nuts etc.
    So my question is how do I manage the fast days? Will it be okay if I stick to the 500 calories but continue to eat within my own diet e.g. carbs, protein?
    Any advice welcome

It is the calorie deficit that makes you lose weight not what you eat, so stick to what is good for you and it should work.
    Good luck.

Thank you – I think I’d pretty much decided this but started to doubt myself after reading all the posts on ‘healthy’ items – good to have someone else’s opinion
    Starting tomorrow and think I’m sorted for my first day. Wish me luck : )

It is all about the definiton of the word healthy.
    As someone living with Crohns disease, you know what is a healthy diet for you.
    I’m sure you’ll find a way to do 5:2 and stay well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.