Losing weight – but gut ache!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ml4548 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I’m ten days into the 5:2 and have lost half a stone – that’s with sticking to the fast days but eating ‘normally’ otherwise – so I’m very happy. But after about 6 days my gut started being very painful, and that’s still happening. Has anyone else had that problem? Ay ideas what to do?

Not a doctor and not much to go on, so all anyone could really recommend would be to go to your local GP and see your doctor.

Depending what your diet was like before and how much it’s changed with what you’re doing on your 2 days it may be as simple as some kind of ‘gut-withdrawal’. If your body is used to something that it’s not getting (or not getting much of) anymore. A lot of people get the DTs when they quit smoking, caffein, sugar, wheat, meat you name it. The body can get grumpy for a while about being ‘deprived’, a lot of new fasters get a bit of initial bowel & digestive resistance/ rebellion against the new regime to start with. It seems to settle down after a while. However, with all that in mind, you should probably pop to your doctor anyway – just to be safe.

wow that is an amazing loss Ml4548!

as TracyJ said, its probably best to see your GP, good luck with it and I hope your aches will soon settle.

Well done! 🙂

Thanks to both of you – I’ve been feeling better this week, so I’m hoping it’s okay.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.