Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 16,657 total)

• Morning/evening all,

Jojo, I don’t know how you managed your 5 day fast but you did, and maybe you need to draw on your experience from that and tell yourself that you can and will manage one day without eating.
    Having said that, proper hunger is a good sign and if you really can’t ignore it then you must eat something that will satisfy you without breaking the calorie bank. A two egg omelette cooked in a non stick pan and a huge green salad would only be around 250 calories and egg protein is very filling.

I find food free fasts much more difficult than having one small meal unlike many who say it is easier not to eat at all.

I’ve met many people who have come to London for the first time and been surprised at how green it is. There are so many parks, commons, heaths, the canal paths and the Thames path, so a nice walk is never far from the door.
    I was woken up by a phone call at 7.50 this morning. It was the engineer informing me that my phone line had been repaired. I’m sopleased he called as I had inadvertently pressed off rather than snooze when my alarm went off 😆

Funny you should mention trainers, mine look in good condition from the top but the soles are literally falling apart. I’ve invested in a new pair that are guaranteed for several thousand miles of outdoor running. I figured that would make them hard wearing and last a long time being worn by a non runner.
    I would never have paid full price but got them for 50% off which was as much as I was prepared to part with. They are lightweight and very comfortable.

Another FD beckons

Have a good one everybody 😜

Jo,

Carbs and sugar…these luxuries?!

Sounds like you’re still in the frame of mind that you’re denying yourself….

Do you remember the old TV advert for cream cakes with the by-line “naughty but nice”…………

I am going to do my best to learn to love a small amount of fresh fruit with nuts, seeds and lashings of cream and a weekly sandwich will become my dirty secret 😉

Jojo since you eat low carb what recommendations do you have for breakfast ? I wide my second fast day yesterday woke up today ravenous and had cornflakes!! I’ve l8st 4.4 labs this week so delighted .

Hi esttherlorraine,

Most of us have reduced our eating window eg 16/8 or 19/5 and don’t eat before lunch as we are all very keen to maximise the health benefits of fasting and limit the amount of time we can eat which helps to curb over indulgence.

If you need to eat breakfast a boiled or poached egg or some berries and natural yoghurt will give you a healthy start to the day.

I eat full fat natural yoghurt with flaked almonds and mixed seeds for break fast, but never before 11.30.

Amazon , do you ever get issues with stomach acid ? I’m keeping it at bay just about , but find that acidity rather than hunger is my biggest issue . Happy, the yogurt may be just the thing. Think I need to go low carb shopping . Should have prepared earlier!!!

Hello fast trackers
    I have been lurking for a few days, reading the Jason Fung book, clearing all my raised beds ready for planting. I got some artichoke plants while in Rome last as I love that vegetable, and I will buy some aubergine plants on our next trip ‘out’. We fortunately have a full tank of petrol, as there are strikes in France leading to especially diesel shortages. The fine weather is also making me want to spring clean and the mice which are inevitable when you live in the country are busy off-springing at present. Old houses are not mouse-proof.

I found Jason Fung’s book difficult to read on kindle, as he kept on presenting the problems. I was getting depressed about the problems and went to read the end. Phew!

I am maintaining 4:3 with almost zero FDs. This morning I made muffins with lovely farm eggs and using coconut and chickpea flour instead of wheat to break the fast( as we are still in the 8 week BSD, though not 800 cals everyday). I am not sure about these muffins, 4 eggs are necessary to get a moistish muffin and I added spinach to add moisture. Coconut flour is hard to manage and using a little only seems to be the answer.

Ply- you are not a lurker, but a linker- thanks for the link which was very well timed for me.

HCB, sorry about your back. It’s hard being in pain.

Ali- good advice from Bay as usual.

Jo, you sound busy. I wear Teva sandals for walking and try to get 800km out of them. I like open shoes for walking, and I am finding that as I lose, the shoes last longer. I am off for a power walk soon. In this village the difference between the lowest and highest points is 45 floors- 450 feet! I do fewer steps (6k-7k only because of the hills), sometimes with a 40 minutte stint on the treadmill when the weather is iffy.

Apricot- I thought athletes were slim too, until Dr Fung told me otherwise.

Purple, missing you, dear!

Nicky, aubergine lasagne- good idea. Interesting about training after food.

Bay- Is it warm enough where you are to have a winter garden? You said you were in the garden. Your Fast journey as usual is very inspiring to us all.

Amazon, Happy – your exchange over aubergine was interesting. I had never heard of Imam Bayildi, but now it will become part of our range of food. I love the Italian augergine dishes.

Ali- Lentil chips/crisps- never heard of those!

Nama- just read that the University of Melbourne Maths Dept is recruiting woman only as staff. Quite a bold step.

RT, looking forward to the Friday funnies!

Purple, missing you, dear!

AO, good to see you popping up preiodically.

Penti, where are you?
    Barata, where are you, my kiwi mate?

Sorry if I missed anyone out. Welcome to newbies!

One question I have is that, when I started this FD and I have lost about 27 kg now, is where to stop. I was going to stop at 75 kg, which is 26 BMI. However, I realise that in fact the idea is never to stop. Am I right? I am going to see my doctor soon and I am going to ask him this question too. I guess the sensible answer is do the doable without getting miserable. Even now I feel so light on my feet, my varicose veins are no longer visible, my knee joints are virtually painless, I feel happy. I can run up from bottom to top of our house (3 floors). I would really appreciate advice on the end point if it exists.

An up day for me today, and tomorrow an almost zero FD again.

To you 5:2ers who seem to do a Thursday fast, happy fasting.

XXXX Wiwi

estherlorraine, I’ve never had stomach acid problems and it tells me that your gut bacteria are very unhappy. Lots of natural yoghurt and throw the cornflakes in the bin!

Wiwi, use less eggs and add a small pot of natural yoghurt to your muffin mix.

I am looking forward to the day I reach goal and have to make the decision of how low do I go 😉

Thanks Amazon I think my gut is telling me off for an indiscriminate sparkly wine habit. Natural yogurt seems like a good start. Thanks for the advice.

Hi Wiwi

As you know, this is not a diet. It is a way of life. High fat low carb, almost no sugar. Lots of vegetables, berries, full fat yogurt, fish and nuts. Yummy flavours in small portions. 🍷🍷🌶🌶🌺🌺

We never stop fasting because when we do, we regain weight. You can vary the amount you eat. When you reach your natural weight, which is probably somewhere around 58-60 kg your body will stop losing weight.

I fast 5:2 for health, but I’m fasting ADF this week to lose weight. If I don’t watch it, my weight slowly rises.

I weigh every day to see how I’m going, and I fast twice a week to keep my appetite under control and for my general health. I choose 23/1 each fast day as it is doable. Where are you, Samm?

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺

Hi Wiwi

I forgot to answer about the garden. We are having the warmest year on record, and I am preparing the garden for growing vegetables in Spring. Between us we emptied the compost bin and mixed it with dirt and spread it around. I also planted two camellias that flower in late Winter and Spring. And some lavenders.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺

PS. I forgot to list eggs in my list of good food. If I’m hungry in the morning, I would have a poached egg and spinach.

Hi Happy,
    No sugar is not deprivation for me because I have never had a sweet tooth. No bread is a deprivation but my body thanks me for not eating it. It always left me bloated and often gave me cramps, believe it or not I ignored that for years and still ate lots. If it is in the house I cannot resist it, it’s like the addiction many people have with chocolate. I realise of course that there is sugar in most commercially made breads so I guess part of the addiction is still sugar and some of the other additives they include.

I still have an egg sized potato weekly and often put one in home made soup. Never really been a big fan of pasta or rice so that’s not an issue either.

I absolutely love eggs and eat them every other day in a variety of cooking recipes. I don’t eat breakfast( never thought that would be a way of life but it is and I am happy with it) light lunch on non fast days, usually thick soup. Fish and veg for dinner.

Amazon- I think running has definitely effected my appetite so I need to adjust my fasting. I would be happy to return to a small dinner in the evening. As you say getting hungry is probably a good sign that my body is finally burning some calories.
    I will see how today goes, planning on no cals, so far so good. Just got through choir with a rumbling tummy and off to bowls match this afternoon. Sunny here so it should be quite pleasant.
    I am not feeling any lighter this week but I certainly feel fitter and lighter of foot which is great.
    Where is Purple, I hope she is OK? Missing you! xxxxx everyone else stay strong!
    🙍

Hi Amazon, Wi and Jo
    Still here. Hanging with the maintenance gang. Keeping up the tried and true. 2nd fast of the week complete. 😊 P

Jo,

Nope, still don’t know why you think sugar and carbs are luxuries. Never mind 😀

Now for something to put you off your spuds…!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/eating-potatoes-could-increase-risk-of-high-blood-pressure-study-finds-a7035066.html

Good Morning from here 😜
    Carbohydrates it’s really and old debate… Even heard about carb cycling to lose weight. When there are too much measuring I easily get confused so 5:2/18-6 it’s the easiest.
    I truly believe the UK and London are beautiful. Learning other people’s culture and meetings with the locals it’s what a call traveling in my books.
    Today it’s my second Fast of the week and also later going to see that Chiro again. Also didn’t go to the gym but walking gently in the forest with Sasha. Tomorrow it’s my yoga followed by sauna.
    Also going through drawers as my cleaning spree. There are so many things we don’t need. Lots going to the dump.
    Enjoy your day! Thanks for being there 😍
    B

Hi everyone,

I had an appointment for a haircut so decided to take a walk along the high street beforehand, then sat and had a coffee in a shop where the smell of the cakes was making me feel nauseous 😮 and I’ve come home with a haircut and a new pair of shoes. No idea how that happened……

Happy, that’s an interesting read but as it says, they’ve not taken what else these people are eating, and my guess is that those who eat a lot of spuds and have a raised BMI are eating lots of processed cr*p/carbs/sugar (delete as appropriate)

I had hypertension already when I embarked on this WOL. Despite increasing the amount of medication it was still creeping up. It is now much lower, not enough to give up medication but I am hoping that continuing to lose weight plus the effect of regular cardio vascular exercise will reduce it further.

I shall continue to eat potatoes. I’m not going to jump on the spuds are bad bandwagon yet as the scientist in me wants proof 😉

I’ve just has an enormous plate of salad, topped with slivers of cheese and asparagus dressed with oil and balsamic vinegar and only 300 calories 😇

Hello Amazon!

I’m 56 years old and already used medication for hypertension for about 10 years, and now after I removed the refined carbohydrates and sugar, stopped you taking any kind of medicine’s been a year, and now the best fast yet my blood markers never They were so good!

Best wishes for you and good health !! Of Brazil!

Amazon,

It’s a great scare-mongering headline though isn’t it? I couldn’t resist it 😀

Ha ha Happy 🙂

I hate headlines like that and I’m rather upset it came from the Indy as it reads more like the Daily Fail 👺

The problem is that many will only take note of the headline rather than the information which although artfully hidden is there ie BMI, dietary habits.

I doubt that my hypertension will disappear but if I can keep it at a lower level than it was and maybe decrease the amount of medication I’ll be satisfied. I’ve decided to stop worrying about my cholesterol levels as the latest studies appear to indicate that it is nowhere near as much of a risk as first thought. I’ll keep swallowing the tablets though or my GP will be very unhappy.

Well hopefully your GP will be enlightened at some point soon, you’d have to hope the pharmaceutical industry would get found out for the money-chasing peddlers of snake oil that they are…

On a newspaper related theme, I see the telegraph reviewed last night’s BBC programme Lose Weight for Love. The headline for that piece reads “Tanya Byron’s Lose Weight for Love shrouded the useful demonstration that eating less and exercising more produces solid results” .

No comment on whether the dieters continue to lose weight, or keep it off, of course!

Paging Dr. Fung!

Well sucessful fasting on the flight from Vancouver. Just had water, 2 20 calorie crackers and a glass of orange juice on the plane. It’s super easy as the food is so disgusting and if you have ever tried the gluten free option yuck!! Sure jet lagged now, but had a small nap so will try and stay awake as late as possible

My hubbie is super fussy about his food and I am allergic to gluten. We do eat the same sometimes, but I won’t force my gluten allergy on anyone else.

Just had a few trolleys rammed into me at the supermarket, Dutch people do not have excuse me in their vocabulary. I miss Canada!

Hi,
    The days seems to be to long! O had my two liters of water already. The dog didn’t want to go for a walk… I am a bit stuck
    Happy I will read that article tomorrow … Looking at those potatoes made my mouth water.
    Just booked my airline ticket to London my first time ever. Girls if you around would be lovely to meetup. Be there from 7/15-22. Also bought the obesity code and the latest Fast book mainly for suggested recipes.
    My husband takes Lipitor! I really wonder if he needs it. I remember 15 years ago how expensive that drug was. Now it’s extremely cheap. I give him just half of what the doc prescribed. Will investigate!
    Maybe I’ll have cup a miso soup.
    Good luck if you fasting today 💖
    B

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi France Barata in NZ and Jojo HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Weemam Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 Pentimento pranayama and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

In no particular order, because that would require some amount of work
    • Two blondes walk into a bar, the brunette ducks.
    • A young brunette goes into the doctor’s office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
    “Impossible,” says the doctor. “Show me.”
    She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams and so it goes on, everywhere she touches makes her scream.
    The doctor says, “You’re not really a brunette, are you?”
    She says, “No, I’m really a blonde.”
    “I thought so,” he says. “Your finger is broken.”
    • A Blonde was down on her luck. In order to raise some money, she decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom.
    She went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree, and told him, “I`ve kidnapped you.”
    She then wrote a note saying, “I`ve kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning, put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it under the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the playground. Signed, Blonde.”
    The Blonde then taped the note to the kid`s shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents.
    The next morning the blonde checked, and sure enough, a paper bag was sitting beneath the pecan tree.
    The blonde opened the bag and found the $10,000 with a note that said, “How could you do this to a fellow Blonde?”
    • A blonde went to the appliance store sale and found a bargain. “I would like to buy this TV,” she told the salesman.
    “Sorry, we don’t sell to blondes,” he replied.
    The blonde was very angry about this. She hurried home and dyed her hair, then came back and again told the salesman, “I would like to buy this TV.”
    The blonde did not know how the salesman had recognized her. This time, she got a haircut and new color, a new outfit and big sunglasses. She then waited a few days before she approached the salesman.
    “I would like to buy this TV.”
    Frustrated, she exclaimed, “How do you know I’m a blonde?”
    “Because that’s a microwave,” he replied.
    • Did you hear about the blonde that put lipstick on her forehead so she could make up her mind?
    • Did you hear about the blonde that threw away her weight loss video because she noticed that the people on the video were not losing weight either?
    • Why can’t you tell blondes knock-knock jokes?
    Because they go answer the door.
    • What do you call a blond with a Chainsaw?
    Dead.
    • There were three third graders walking down the street a redhead, brunnette, and a blonde. Which one had the best figure?
    The Blonde, she was 18.
    • What’s the difference between a blonde guy and a blonde girl?
    The blonde girl’s sperm count is higher.
    • Why don’t blondes like to breast feed their children?
    Because it hurts when they boil their nipples.
    • How do you sink a submarine full of blondes?
    You knock on the door.
    • What do you call an intelligent blonde?
    A Golden Retriever.
    • What do you call five blondes laying on a beach
    A public access.
    • What do you do if a Blonde throws a pin at you?
    Run, she’s got a grenade in her mouth!
    • What’s the difference between peanut butter and a blonde?
    Peanut butter is difficult to spread.
    • Why do blondes have more fun?
    They’re easier to find in the dark.
    • Why do blondes like tilt steering?
    More headroom.
    • A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, “Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can’t figure out how to get it started.”

Her boyfriend asks, “What is it supposed to be when it’s finished?”

The blonde says, “According to the picture on the box, it’s a tiger.”

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, “First of all, no matter what we do, we’re not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a tiger. Second, I’d advise you to relax. Let’s have a cup of coffee, then ………..

“Let’s put all these Frosties back in the box.”
    • A blonde suspects her boyfriend of cheating on her, so she goes out and buys a gun. She goes to his apartment unexpectedly, opens the door and, sure enough, finds him in the arms of a redhead. The blond is furious. She opens her purse to take out the gun but as she does so, she is overcome with grief. She takes the gun and aims it at her head. The boyfriend yells “No, honey, don’t do it.” The blond replies “Shut up. You’re next, you bastard.”

Have a happy Weekend all you beautiful losers 😆
    Peace RT

I had to read the first one a couple of times, RT, but geddit now !! Frosties, hmmm. 🙂 Keep them coming.

Greetings, all, from a very autumnal Wellington. Rain forecast, but have just been in the garden to remove the scruffy summer remains and plant some winter-flowering edging plants. Love my Fridays off. 🙂 Midday now, so time for break-fast.

From a brunette 🙂

Good morning all from cool damp Adelaide. Barata, autumn has definitely arrived in the SH.

RT, loved the Friday funnies. I was always sensitive about being a blonde female scientist. Fortunately now so grey I care less but not completely over it. 😉

This thread is such an interesting read – discussions on exercise including HIT, fasting, recipes, slim spouses/partners (like mine) and doing the doable.

Bay, I agree, you should call yourself ‘Sage’. Like you, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I always cook the same basic meal for both of us but just give OH more and supplement with extra calories in the form of potatoes, pasta or whatever carbs would normally accompany the meal.

As a trial for Lent I avoided anything with added sugar but still, on non-FDs, ate my own bread at lunchtime, rolled oats with natural yoghurt and berries for breakfast and for dinner, lots of veg. and some protein but no carbs for me. I rarely eat the biscuits and cake that I bake for OH and have always cooked meals from scratch because I like to know what we are eating in terms of ‘secret’ additives in convenience foods.

I enjoy being active and, like Amazon, I feel fidgetty if I’m tied to my desk because of some pressing work. Even then I find excuses to move every 15′ (I set a reminder on my computer) such as using the printer 2 floors up or making a cuppa in the lunchroom upstairs – although can’t go there around lunchtime because of the smell of toast. 🙁 The big change this year and, I believe, the key to my extra progress is not eating between meals. The best health benefit of losing 20kg is that my hypertension has disappeared. Eating less and no drugs are easier on the pocket too!

Keep up the good work everyone and take care of aching backs and other joints. n xxx

Hi all,
    Sunny but freezing in Melbourne today and I am really cold as I am fasting. I am enjoying a peppermint tea to warm up, whilst making cauliflower soup and some chicken, mushroom and leek pies to freeze – I probably wont have these but husband loves them.
    Still doing 4:3 to counteract oversocial weekends, but it works! Tomorrow we are having lunch with old friends at a posh winery on the Mornington Peninsula then Sunday family get together for Neices bub’s baptism – Italian family so the food will be amazing and copious.. How lovely to be able to enjoy all this and still wear my size 12 jeans.
    Have been sewing again this week – some muslin swaddling wraps for my first grandchild due in September. I simply could not resist the fabric! Yesterday was a non fast day, but by concentrating on my handiwork I did not feel hungry once and only ate at 7pm. It really makes me happy that 5:2/fasting has enabled me to make so many new good habits. 18 months ago I would never, ever have believed it.
    Bread is a challenge for me too Jo, husband loves it and has some crusty bread after dinner every night. I don’t touch it on fast days, but I allow myself a small piece on non fast days. I find this works better for me than feeling deprived then caving in and eating half a loaf! It takes the power away from the bread and gives it to me! And boy it tastes good!
    Brilliant jokes RT, from (another) brunette! TV/microwave my standout!

I like your idea of a 15 minute reminder to get up and move, Nicky, especially as our office is going (trying to) paperless so there are not the frequent visits to the printer. I agree about no snacking – cuts back on those sneaky calories! I think I mentioned earlier that at my last check my blood pressure was, to quote the nurse, what could be expected in a 20-year-old 🙂

Hi there, dear Wiwi. You are right – 5:2 will never stop, at least for me. I find I need it to maintain, and of course all the health benefits. Do you try to catch the mice, or agree to live in harmony?

Morning All,
    I agree that 5:2 or 6:1 will be for life to ensure maintenance. Nama- well done size 12 and living the dream. Still 16 here but working on it, bit looser fit. Nama I have tried having bread in the house, it was just too agonising, calling me 24/7. Maybe in the future! Got through yesterday on no cals but it was a long day and fitful sleep. Not fasting again until Monday as social weekend planned including lunch with my lovely son, down from London.
    Lost my second game of bowls this week, our team were doing a good job but their teams were amazing. My competitor yesterday was 80 years old and an inspiration, she took out every wood I put near the jack then politely said sorry dear, ha ha.
    Luckily I retained my sense of humour.
    RT- I was a brunette and now platinum blonde/grey so I am deeply offended, but not really! Jokes are just what they say on the tin, I often laugh at the expense of ‘men’ jokes. I have heard the broken finger one before but it was based on Murphy, still laughed though.

Blonde and sexist! RT How can you?
    The microwave/TV was my favourite too!

Jo re the bread: I firmly believe thats why 5:2 works for me, where years of other diets failed. If you allow yourself a respectably small amount of a food, it loses its desirability – no longer forbidden fruit, therefore we don’t want it as desperately.
    Even after a year, I still often check the size inside my trousers – keep thinking someone has made a mistake!!

I’m reading GUT by Giulia Enders and it is a must read for us all. Her subtitle says it all. The inside story of our body’s most under-rated organ. Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺

Morning/evening all,

I’m with Nama as far as forbidden foods and follow the old adage of a little of what you fancy does you good. The occasional sarnie or slice of cake are now eaten slowly and savoured rather than bolted down without touching the sides and I can have bread in the freezer without wanting to eat some every time I go to the kitchen. I don’t have any at the moment as the last loaf was a disaster and could be used as a door stop so it went into the food waste bin.

Talking of clothes sizes, now that the weather is warmer I have given my size S denim jacket an airing and I really can’t believe that label but the M was too big 🙂
    My summer trousers are still too tight so I’m trying to eat sensibly on non FDs to maximise weight loss. It is much easier at this time of year as asparagus is abundant and there are lots of other nice veggies/salads and berries putting in an appearance.

I’m also on a mini economy drive and eating food from the freezer which is looking rather full at the moment, a combination of 350 calorie dinners and leftovers that in a previous life would have been eaten late at night while standing at the fridge door but are now another meal.

I used to snack during the day at weekends but have never been one for sitting in front of the TV nibbling so stopping has been very easy. I doubt it would have been so straightforward if I were still working as I shared an office which doubled up as the tea room and there was always someone munching away and invariably a tray of cakes, muffins, biscuits or a tin of chocolate sitting right behind me calling my name all day long 😖

I am sleeping really well at the moment and have trouble getting my head off the pillow this week. I obviously need the rest.

I’m going out for a big walk this morning as I want to be in the fresh air and am not in the mood for the gym today. I’m going to stop off at the butcher on the way home and buy a steak for my FD dinner and have it with mushrooms and salad.

I’m going to try to only eat one meal tomorrow and again on Sunday. Like Nama, I’ll need to be busy but that isn’t a problem as I’ve lots of things at home that need some attention and if the weather is OK I can walk.
    I’ve given up alcohol for a couple of weeks as I had so much when I was in Rome and that should help as I always want to snack if I have any.

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Bay, have you read Brain Maker by David Perlmutter?

Nama – I hear you honey, I do have a roll when in a restaurant and you know I eat out quite a bit, not daily though. When I get to goal or within a stone I will reintroduce half a slice of soda bread, see how it pans out. I think that has less bloating effect.
    Happy- sticking with my weekly potato even though I read the article. The jogging is going very well, coping much better. No plans to increase the 15 mins whilst I am with the dogs, my old girl just about coping with the three sets of 5 minutes. Charlie loving it though, I think he is quite proud of his pack leader. Ha ha!
    Wiwi- can we have a quick summary of the book, I am very interested in the gut flora debate, especially because I have a friend that has suffered chronically from irritable bowel for 30 years, she got a lot better after cutting sugar to a minimum but stress still effects her badly. Sadly her family cause her quite a bit of stress, demanding mother and irresponsible daughter.
    Looking forward to lunch! Super soup!

Wow, Amazon, dancing around in joy for your size S!! And the sleeps 🙂 (dream on, Barata, not for you yet!)

Sounds like your friend should stop being responsible for her mother and daughter though, Jojo – hard to do, easy to say.

Can the roll. There are better alternatives. Bread is on offer in sight in my kitchen, for feeding of the males, but doesn’t tempt me too much fortunately. And rolls are easily resisted when eating out, always white. Some of these outings coming up in my near future, too, birthday, wedding anniversary, both milestones. Life is tough 🙂

Amazon I am also working on clearing out the freezer with lots of low calorie soups for lunch. I was pretty good yesterday although it was not a fast day made courgette pasta while my hubbie had normal pasta. Until I had a couple of drinks later on in the evening!

How does everyone balance having alcohol at the weekends?

Jojo58 are you avoiding all carbs then?

We have been up since 3am with jetlag so my hunger is all over the place today having breakfast at 4.30am and lunch at 11.30am!!

Yes, Barata, life is tough! Glad you have visited us. Give my love to Wellington which I miss. However trips soon to the South of France, Rome, Naples, then Porto, then Wales, etc and a trip to Chile in November, there are compensations. We arrive in NZ in January again(22nd we leave Rome).

FD for me today. Jason Fung has inspired me to do the as close to zero as possible fast as often as possible (max 3 times a week)
    I have been out in the garden digging for an hour, and due to the exertion and maybe the coffee, I have the shakes. I’m hoping ketosis is kicking in.

Thanks for the clarification, Bay. Good sense as usual. I shall stop thinking about goal weight and calorie restriction, and think fast-feast.

In fact once I got to 66kg after biking through The Rockie Mountains on a 2-speed bike, and I was skin and bones. My stomach was concave.

That’s the trip where I spent the 3 days on the train getting to Edmonton, knitting a sweater as I didn’t have one and it was September. Folie de jeunesse!

But I am going to join the maintenance thread when I get to a point = x (maybe 3 months) and pick up 5:2.

Nama, I love the image of you looking at the label inside your trousers to see if you really are wearing the right sized ones. I hope you don’t do that in Collins St.
    BTW, Nama, I have just planted my Cavallo Nero today.

Off to sort rubbish if we have the patience as there is 6 week’s worth! That will keep my mind off my growling stomach. OH is eating a plate of potatoes, I’m not even tempted!

This weekend I am writing my magnum opus – Twinkle Twinkle set to 4 voices in the style of Mozart! I guess I should do an extended fast and have the twinkle twinkle going on in front of my eyes, and float!
    Sorry HCB, not in London in mid-July, in Rome for grandies 2nd birthday- sorry to miss you.

love Wiwi

Ha Ha Wiwi, not when I am wearing the trousers!! Its just been so many years since I could fit into a size 12 comfortably, I still dont believe it! I hope your Cavallo Nero grows well and you harvest a lot for that new favourite recipe!

Nama,

You’re not the only one to check…and re-check…clothes’ labels. But I’m pleased to report that two years on I do finally believe I’m the size I am 🙂

Wow, Wiwi, not in Wellington until January? Meet you at x. {x} How can you have six weeks of rubbish when you have only been there five seconds?

My last skirt was size 8 – still don’t believe it. I know the brand records smaller.

Hi everyone,

Just home form a 10,000 step walk in Kew Gardens. It’s overcast but the sun is breaking through occasionally and it is warm. Rhododdendron dell is in all it’s glory at the moment and things are growing all over the place, leaves, shoots, buds, it was such a lovely walk. The goslings have quadrupled in size in less than three weeks, they must have eaten a lot of grass!!!!!

I had a coffee in one of the cafés and the girl at the till tried to tempt me with special offer cake for members but my will was strong and I declined 🙂

I bought a huge piece of steak and half of it is in the fridge for another day.
    I have a lot of mushrooms in the fridge so I’m going to make mushrooms à la Greque.

I am going to keep myself busy this afternoon watching tennis and reading my Keith Floyd autobiography so I can start the low carb living book.

Time for more caffeine ☕

Ali, low carb, no processed foods generally. Occasionally on non fast days I weak have a couple of black pepper or garlic crackers, beats custard creams. Luckily I am not tempted by cakes which is great because they are on offer daily at bowls club along with biscuits, I take an apple or some blueberries.
    The sun is shining here, it’s lovely.
    HBC- I can be in London if you can give me your free days.
    Wiwi and Barata, I will be back in Wellington Jan and Feb but touring quite a bit, hopefully we can meet up.
    Off to Bridge now after another disaster at bowls. Two of my fellow bowlers also jog and reported it left them very hungry too so it’s not my imagination.

Thanks, Amazon, I will look up the book. 🌺🌺🌺🌺. Bay

Morning All,
    Well I really enjoyed a meal at my favourite fish restaurant last night, I even indulged in a starter, grilled asparagus with a duck egg. Main course was skate wing with caper sauce and Jersey royal potato, and carrots. Healthy choices, sensible portion size. No wine just water as I was driving, no pudding because I was full.
    Sadly no weight loss this week so back to 1200 cals on non fast days, the 1500 cal non fast day limit didn’t work for me. It negated a 350 cal and zero cal fast day but it’s good to know that I can go up to 1500 when I get to maintenance stage(possibly)
    Off to do my jogging and dog walk then chat to my daughter on FaceTime, she is loving living in NZ. Thank goodness we can keep in touch so regularly makes separation much easier.
    Cooking cheese scones for the bowling club open day today, can’t remember the last time I made baked goods. I hope they turn out okay?
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Dear me Jo,

Where to start?!

I suggest you read Dr Fung’s recent blog on fixing metabolism before you give up on zero calorie fasts and a proper quantity of calories on non-fast days.

https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/fix-broken-metabolism/

I lost 7lb just last week. Lots of water lots of coffee. Put an extra hoody on and added 10 minutes to cardio..its very simple. Dont eat after 6pm and starve till next day. 7lb in one week

Jo,

You didn’t zero calorie fast last week to counterpoint the increased non-fast day calories. So weight maintenance was a good result. Who knows what it might achieve if you gave it longer and did zero calorie fast.

You gave it one whole week. Wow, talk about impatient!

Given that you don’t lose weight each week on your ‘normal’ 1200 calories regime, you absolutely cannot draw any conclusions from your one week trial.

Given how long you’ve been trying to get to goal, making progress and back-sliding, and how generally ineffective your daily calorie restriction and fasting regime is in producing weight loss, I can’t believe that aren’t prepared to give this longer than one week.

You’ve been mostly getting nowhere for a long time now. Isn’t it time to stop doing the same thing and expecting different results?

Viewing 50 posts - 14,301 through 14,350 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.