Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,251 through 9,300 (of 16,657 total)

• Good morning fellow fasters (or afternoon/evening depending on where you are).

RT love the cartoon scene you gave me however please hang onto YOUR hat as there are another 600g gone this morning … total so far this week 2.8kg or 6.16 lb!! And then today is my 2nd FD for this week, but I have been well under 1,200 calories since Monday each day so there it is … PLUS drinking shed loads of water or unsweetened black coffee (not too much of that though).

I checked and I’m only 100g above my lowest weight before becoming ill and going off the rails but truly back on track now πŸ˜€ … Gee I love this WOL/WOE and this was with a tiny sliver of cake last night too πŸ˜€

Hi to Makdeniz and welcome this is a great thread to be part of, lots of very supportive people, without whom I (and I’m sure many others) would have given up after a “blow out” such as I had recently but with their encouragement and support I have not only got back on track but have removed almost all that I had gained.

Another busy, busy day at the office today (literally) with another such day tomorrow, so will be offline very soon to make sure I get everything done at home before I go off to work.

Chat later (I’ll try to get online during lunch but no promises) … Cheers, AO xx (PS thank you all so very much for your support, it is so very much appreciated)

Hi all,

AO you seem to have a very demanding job, just as well you also seem to love it! Great news re your weight. It was just a matter of re booting!

Wee great to hear from you, so sorry you have been having such a hard time. The recipe for the chocolate brownies with grated sweet potato is on the Facebook page on 1st April. Worth making! Not sure about the cauli rice – I just googled it when I made it, pretty simple.

I felt a bit tired in the pool today, must have been the 6 km walk yesterday! So I slacked off and just swam 25 laps instead of 30. Decided to ‘listen to my body’! We are having glorious autumn weather and its very conducive to getting outside, bit of a shock to my poor bod, 2 swims and 2 long walks in 4 days. But at least its holding up – knees feel great! Jojo, I still don’t know how you manage what you do! We are off to Jamieson for 4 days from tomorrow am, looking forward to more autumn colour and hopefully cold enough nights to light the open fire. Amazon, thinking of you too at present, hoping all as ok as can be. Also SAMM, I do hope you are alright. Take care all.

Good Morning all,
    Another pound off with one fast day left before my holiday, so happy teddy. Impressive result AO. Welcome back Weeman, we have missed you lots. Like me you gain very quickly when you stop fasting, it’s a bugger. Guess we will be fasting forever but after a year and three months now it has become the way we live, has it not?
    I am eating three meals today, in fact I have already had porridge. I am playing bowls outside morning and afternoon and its a bit chilly. Last Tuesday I had four layers on and was still cold. Not taking any chances today as I already noticed a tickly throat at choir last night. Mind you we were singing Xanadu which is a stretch for my vocals.
    Not sure how easy it will be to keep in touch on holiday so I won’t make any promises.
    I know you will all do well while I am away and my eating plans are set, snack for breakfast and lunch and nice healthy dinner, no pudding, plus no alcohol. I will swim lots if the water isn’t ice cold like France.
    Keep fasting and keep moving. So far my 15000 steps target has been reached daily and one day it was 25,000 steps- poor dogs are exhausted ha ha.
    Love to all

Hi everyone.

Just a quick check in after busy morning at TAFE, then rushing around the shops then putting everything away as my daughter and I are going out to a cooking demo this evening, when we get to eat the product so definitely not a FD.

Wee, thinking of you as always. Take care of yourself and your dearest ones.

Broke my fast with a milk coffee about 1130am, then salad roll for lunch with OH. At OH’s (strong) suggestion will have a small snack about 5pm before going out but definitely a low-cal day tomorrow. Good news is that this morning’s reading has put me back in the (upper range, admittedly) overweight category, 2.7kg below my birthday weight and 0.1kg less than my previous best the week before Easter. Very happy bilby and good incentive to stay focussed.

AO incredible shrinking woman indeed! We South Aussies are setting the pace.

RT nothing mysterious about home-pickled beetroot just fresh beetroot steamed until tender, then skinned, sliced and put into sweet spiced vinegar – I use SA brand Vine Valley wine vinegar. I assume it’s like the canned beetroot but both mother and MIL did it themselves so not a challenge. OH’s secret passion (apart from me of course πŸ˜‰ ) is beetroot sandwiches. The Melrose fish oil is meant to be a supplement like the capsules but I use it for cooking and salad dressings for fish – tops up the DHAs painlessly.

Jojo, glad you also showing a loss. I envy your trip and hope it lives up to expectations.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. n xxx

HI Nicky,

Well done on the losses whilst you are so busy too! I laughed re the beetroot. When I was about 14 I saw a friends Mum cooking beetroot and got a big shock – always thought it came in a can as my mother never cooked it. I cook it now and love it, so much nicer than canned – you would get a shock if you tried canned! The only ‘bought’ beetroot I like is the baby ones Aldi (and others) have in vaccuum sealed packs of 4. Still no where near as nice as home pickled. Give it a try RT, add pickling to your extensive culinary repertoire! I love it as a salad with feta cheese crumbled over it.

Great news re your loss too Jojo, I hope you have a wonderful holiday and your hip behaves this time.
    Cheers, x

Nama, pickled beetroot with crumbled fetta sounds lovely. I only eat it in sandwiches or with fish, but will definitely try that. You have also certainly upped the exercise ante – so well done.

AO, not taking back congrats, 2.8kg beats my 2.7kg since last Saturday into the proverbial cocked hat, but I misapplied the ‘incredible shrinking woman’ term to you instead of Wee, not that it’s not true of you as well.

Take care all. n xxx

LOL Nicky no problemo … I’ve still got a long loooo-ooong way to get to Wee’s size lol so no problem. You’ll probably blitz me tomorrow (my official weigh day) πŸ˜†

Mmm, pickled beetroot πŸ™‚ Always a winner, and babies are good in balsamic vinegar too.

We had a poor beetroot harvest last year, but good the year before – beetroot with everything. Lots of just fresh cooked with salads, roast also, and plenty for pickling too.

Fingers crossed for this year! This year’s harvest to be are just germinating in the polytunnel πŸ™‚

AO, good work on the fasting! Great to have such good results to keep you motivated.

Morning/evening all.

Another 2lbs gone forever, only 4lbs off the 5st mark, but I don’t have it in my heart to celebrate right now.

Take care everyone.

Wow I have learnt a lot today thanks Nicky and Nama I was in the wrong house in the right street quite clearly lemon flavoured Melrose fish oil is most certainly not in the cooking oil aisle in my woolworths and I can confirm this and silly billy me mis took pickle as a relish or a chutney like beerenberg style I used to live Hahndorf for a few years so I was wrong on both counts and there is no fish for tea tonight LMFAO
    So a 3 egg omelette with mushroom and onion with plenty of parsley salt and pepper I shall regroup over the weekend 😳 I have never made my own beetroot but in our family it was always baby beets never sliced and when heading to bbq and wishing to show off diced beetroot set in jelly yes friends right up there with watermelon and Spanish onion and a mint sprig Master chef you got nuthin πŸ˜†
    Peace RT

Hi Amazon, great news re your disappearing weight but so sorry you are sad. You take care too xx

RT you will find the Melrose fish oil at the chemist, its supposed to be “medicinal”! Nicky is clever enough to use it in a way that she can tolerate it. Its another way of having the healthy oil thats usually in capsules, a lot stronger, but it makes me gag! I think you said once that you were the household cook. Does that mean on fasting days you need to make a separate meal for yourself? Sounds like you have moved on from the mint sprig!

Happy I read your post quickly and had a double take on your mention of babies in balsamic vinegar!! About to call in Child Protection!

Whoops πŸ™‚ Baby beetroot obviously! While I like babies, I couldn’t eat a whole one, not even pickled…

Hiya everyone I was laughing at the pickled babies too :).

There is still snow on the hills and I have looked out my heavy woolly cardigan coat brrrr.

Amazon I hope you feel better soon pal .
    Thanks for the recipes guys .
    I used to always pickle my own beetroot too .
    Off to take dad out in a minute . have to drop a good neighbour at her work first ..

I have gone from 16 stone 6 to 10 st 13 . 4 st of that on 5.2 . I am still in the overweight zone but I am getting really wrinkled everywhere now lol . I am in size 12 and 14 and I feel really good with that . I think I will try for the 10 st 6 and that would be the 6 stone off and a wee bit to play about with . I keep getting told I am skinny . YES compared to what I was but I don’t think I am near skinny , but I don’t want to be too thin at my age . I need to get my body ironed lol πŸ™‚

Anyway enough of me . I have to go now . See all of you lovely people later

Wee xx

Bahaha interpretation i love it πŸ˜† yes Nama i am the chosen one and enjoy the robust discussion in relation to time and menu nightly or daily no chicken nuggets no fish fingers no sausages and chips FFS yes some of we men folk have more to our repertoires than the traditional shed dweller i can assure you πŸ˜‰ fish oil oh right sorted thanks team Happy wow babies in balsamic and pickled that’s bloody funny i don’t care who you are thank you so much almost another double entendre if i am not mistaken

Phew, posts are fast and furious lately, so it seems is the weight loss! Great job to all the big losers: AO, Nama, Nicky, Jojo, and Amazon! Inspiring as always. Despite what life throws at us, we CAN and we WILL adhere to our healthy lifestyle. (while being kind and gentle with ourselves, of course)

Ounces and pounds are coming off in dribs and drabs for me, but the downward trend is continuing. Still sticking to 4:3 and 18:6, 3 fast days under 400, 2-3 days well under 1000, and one day just over. Planning a big graduation party for my son at the end of June, so there is another reason to stay on the straight and narrow for the long term. (just not quite as strict as right now, as I plan to be on maintenance by then!)

Thanks also for the smiles and chuckles you all bring to my day! xoox

Safe travels & happy holiday Jojo!! I just returned from my beach/cruise adventure and would love to leave today and do it all over again!

I brought an extra 5 lbs along home, but 2 fast days have gotten rid of 3 of them! YAY! I ate and drank like a Queen, so 5 lbs was a surprise as I thought it would be considerably more. Whew!

Trying to catch up on the boards is a monumental task, so forgive me not commenting to all of you. From a quick scan, I’d say you are all doing well!

Morning fellow fasters. Official weigh day for me and YAY i’m now at my lowest since starting 5:2 albeit by 200g … that means I lost another 300g yesterday YAYA YAYA YAYA. The only area (measurement wise) that is slightly higher than my lowest is my hips they’re 1cm larger still (but had ballooned to 3cm so have lost 2cm since a fortnight ago when I last officially weighed/measured in my book) so now I can officially report 3.1kg gone this week (that’s 6.8 lb). I know this will not be repeatable next week but I’ll try for minimum 2 lb per week from now on otherwise I’ll never get to goal.

On a bright note also I wore a fitted size 16 vest yesterday (it was not stretchy at all as it was quilted too and the fabric was not stretch or forgiving) and it was slightly loose on me and will need some more darts to sit nicely but not sure if I want to do that as I have a feeling I won’t be wearing that too much longer. I also wore a pair of size 16 corporate type trousers and they were also loose on my, including the petite size 16 (they’re slightly slimmer and shorter) as the regular size 16 were so loose and “bagging” around my feet even with shoes on, so they’re officially too big now too (even if I took them up they just feel much looser than the others, although the others are also loose just don’t feel too baggy if you know what I mean).

Still waiting to hear OH’s blood sugar results (he hasn’t been back to the Dr yet!!).

Amazon so sorry to hear you’re so sad, cyber hugs coming your way, be kind to yourself too.

Nicky hoping you beat my loss today πŸ˜€ … I’m just so amazed as I’ve not had such a large loss since first starting 5:2

Must admit I chuckled about the babies in balsamic too πŸ˜† it’s good to have a laugh, good for the soul.

Hope Hermaj is okay and doing well, hope to hear from her soon as I know she only posts occasionally but is hopefully still reading πŸ™‚

Well done Wee, Nicky, Amazon, Nama, Jojo and everyone else who’s losing either lb/kg and/or inches/centimetres as remember even though the scales may say the same (or sometimes even a little higher) the trusty tape measure will also let you know where it’s disappearing from. As you all know I measure 3 areas weekly and an extra area once per month. There were weeks where the scales sat on the same weight but the tape measure moved (I was going to say inched) downwards and then the following week I’d have a good loss on the scales with the tape measure either the same of slightly lower.

Happy POETS day everyone or if you prefer TGIF Smiley

YESSS!! AO I am so pleased for you pal . Isn’t this group amazing pal . I saw a very pretty young girl today who was really obese and I thought ” I wish you knew what all of us on 5.2 know .. My new next door neighbour has started on it too . She can see how happy I am and I think it.s infectious . Keep on doing what you are doing pal . you are a super star x

Wee xx

Hi Fast Trackers and EFB’s (Efficient fat Burners)
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey And Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰
    AO wow what a great chapter to add to our big story book of success on the 5-2 way of life you ought to be congratulated
    Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    George S. Patton

One of the best!

CARDIOLOGIST’S FUNERAL

This would be an acceptable reason to laugh at a funeral.

A very prestigious cardiologist died, and was given a very elaborate funeral by the hospital he worked for most of his life.

A huge heart covered in flowers stood behind the casket during the service as all the doctors from the hospital sat in awe. Following the eulogy, the heart opened, and the casket rolled inside. The heart then closed, sealing the doctor in the beautiful heart forever.

At that point, one of the mourners just burst into laughter. When all eyes stared at him he said, ‘I’m so sorry, I was just thinking of my own funeral.

I’m a gynaecologist!’

The priest fainted!

Have a great weekend fast friends
    Peace RT

Thanks Wee, RT and everyone, without your support I just know I would not have been able to achieve what I have his week. Each and every one of you please accept my heart felt thanks πŸ˜€

Good morning everyone.

What a lovely way to start the day: pickled babies double entendre and then gynaecologist’s funeral!

I echo AO in thanking you all for your support – such a lovely group of people with whom to share triumphs and lesser moments, along with laughs and cooking hints.

Cooking demo last night very interesting and yummy. The chef was Sal Pepe, one of the original partners of the Cibo group, for my Aussie mates. The main was thinly sliced chicken breast dusted in flour, gently cooked in butter and then a sauce made of the pan juices with pomegranate juice. I love pomegranates and they are just coming into season here so will definitely try a lower-cal version, i.e. no flour, use a non stick pan and tsp of oil and reducing the juice to a syrup – or ‘jus’ πŸ˜‰ as they say in the fancy places and on that hilarious show Posh Nosh.

Happy POETS or TGIF day everyone. n xxx

Hiya guys , I need some help here . I bought some large flat mushrooms about the size of the top of a teacup . I wanted to do them with maybe just cheese to try first . DO I put oil or anything on them first . I thought just a wee brush over the top . Then cook for maybe 10 mins at 175/200 then add cheese and cook till melted . > Does that sound OK ? I have blitzed some cauliflower to make cauli rice . could I maybe put a couple tablespoons of that in the mushrooms for the first 10 minutes ? I thought a couple of lardons maybe another time . Any ideas would be welcome . πŸ™‚ xx

Wow, AO, you put us all to shame! Congrats on your great results on the scale and the loose clothing!

Wee, I find those big mushroom caps tend to dry out without, as you say, a wee brush of oil! Filling with caulk rice and cheese sounds good…maybe a little tomato as well?

I just finished a HUGE plate of my new favorite, Pad Thai with vegetables, chicken, and zero noodles, all for a paltry 214 calories, bringing me to a total of 380 for this fast day.

Amazon and SAMM, sending you happy thoughts.

Hi Wee, Purple put a recipe for stuffed mushroom caps on the LOACA recipe thread some time ago. I can’t find my paper copy but remember they are yummy.

Forgot to say before, good to hear from you Lori, glad you enjoyed your trip, and so little gain. Well done!

Ply, your Pad Thai version also sounds yummy.

SAMM, hope all is going OK with you. Amazon, big e-hugs. Positive vibes to you both.

Yes, good to hear from you Lori! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Happy Friday everyone!

AO, congratulations

Amazon, sorry to hear that you have problems. Thinking of you.

Nicky, so intrigued by the pickled babies that I will sow baby seeds in my garden and make them.

I have been on the 4:3 and 19:5 for 3 weeks now with 2.5 kilos down. Glad you are below the BMI 30, Nicky. I am just about 30.9. My next goal is to be 29.9.

We are off to Lisbon on Tuesday for a 5-day birthday party with all the children, partners and grandchildren. We love Portugal. So family are flying in from London, Rome, Marseille and even Wellington. Temperatures forecast for 22Β° to 26Β°.

I will wear my pink jeans in Portugal. They will go well with the jacaranda flowers, which will be visible there..

In the meantime, we are gardening and mowing 3000 square metres of grass! With the mixture of rain and warmth, weeds and grass are happy.

Happy May Day. It’s lily-of-the-valley day here, though ours in the garden is not quite out due to being at over 3000 feet (1000m).
    XXWiwi

Hello all

I can’t believe it’s May 1st! Happy Lily of the Valley day Wiwi.

Thankfully mother is well again now and I am back at home. I was able to have my day out in Oxford which was lovely, visiting Magdalen College and exploring the beautiful grounds complete with deer park.

After two fasts this week and a few ‘lean days’ in between, I have lost nearly 3 lbs and am now rid of the excess few pounds that have been taunting me over the past few months because of various social events and holidays. Just six more pounds to go before I re-assess the position as to whether to lose any more, so I’m feeling good this morning. Another low cal day today (I’m on a roll!), and hopefully the next few weeks will see me there in time for the return of some warmer weather.

I’m a great fan of beetroot – and pickled babies,lol! One of my all time favourite sandwich fillings is beetroot and soft cheese with a smear of mayo and lots of black pepper – yum!

AO and Amazon – you’re both doing brilliantly, and so is Jojo, who will be knocking ’em dead on her trip to Turkey.

Everyone is still in a positive frame of mind – it’s great how we can all fall off the wagon occasionally but with this WOE and all our 5:2 friends to haul us back on, we continue happily on our respective journeys.

Amazon and Wee, sending you cyber strength and hugs through difficult times.

Have a good weekend all.

Smiffy x

Morning All,

Congratulations Smiffy on your weight loss too!

Wow, what’s going on here? Simultaneously everyone has upped their games, and the baby elephant looks to be gaining weight again after a lean few weeks!

All for one, one for all!

Good Morning my friends,

Night from Hell

Another pound off today and a new low reached which has cheered me up after a very unpleasant evening out and night. I went to see Strictly last night, taking three friends in my car. The show(Pasha) was OK but a bit childish in format and his hosting was ‘panto like’, dancing was fantastic but not a huge variety of acts. 6 dancers and lots of lazer light show. Local children from a dance school were excellent especially doing a 70’s time machine dance. We all joined in a dance too which was fun. The Theatre was cold though which always ruins a show for me.

After the show we returned to the car to discover I had left the lights on and drained the battery, so locked out. We had to wait in the freezing cold for 1 1/2 for the AA to rescue us, did I mention the phone signal was patchy and this involved several bits of conversations to get help. The theatre is right on the sea wall consequently I got very cold, my friends returned to the theatre since they didn’t have warm coats.

My ex arrived and stayed with my car while I drove my friends home in his car, he stayed with mine getting in via a hidden manual lock, he also managed to lock himself in it and couldn’t get out. Crazy. When I returned I could do nothing as he had both sets of keys. Fortunately AA arrived, battery changed as tested dead cells Β£78.00 bill, expensive night out.

Was this the end of my disasterous night, oh no! I woke up at 1.30 am, an hour after getting into bed with really bad stomach pains and extreme hip and knee pain, I was shaking violently for the next hour even with my electric blanket on full and wearing my fleece.
    I didn’t take any painkillers because I didn’t think I would keep them down. Eventually pain subsided after many bathroom visits and I got some sleep. I am staying in bed today recovering, thank goodness I have my holiday planned, total rest is on the cards.
    I do need to get my packing done however as I haven’t even given it a thought yet.

I also need to plan some medical treatment when I return I cannot carry on like this, the painkillers are good but effecting my stomach so badly. Thank goodness I am retired and not having to think about work today.

Lori_PA, glad you enjoyed your break and are already losing the excess ‘vac’ pounds.

Happy Now, hope you have a bumper beetroot crop this year, chilli beetroot is my favourite, perfect combination. Not sure about beetroot sandwiches though Smiffy, Nicky F, too many carbs for me. I can eat them (all natural), not me naked of course, just the unpickled beet. I cannot condone eating babies picked or otherwise, far too many calories. Ha ha.
    Weemam and Amazon – so tough to diet when you are sad, we have used food to comfort us in the past and now know that it just causes us problems. Big cyber hugs to you both.

Nama- I also remember my mother cooking beets straight from the garden, she had red stained hands which was quite scary to me then. I also remeber the first time we used garlic, adding to full bulbs instead of segments to a vegetarian stew, tasted amazing but we smelt of garlic for days.

This Melrose fish oil sounds interesting – I will look into it as My joints definitely need oiling.
    Wiwi- your travels sound incredible, have a great time, love to your beautiful daughter. Well done on your weightloss and the pink jeans. My jeans are the first item to pack for my trip. They look good with most colours.
    Sarah103, good to hear from you, how is the fasting going?
    Weeman- seriously good work, 6 stones off. Great result- you have beaten the rest of us but I will be joining you this summer. My long term aim is 8 stone, a whole other person will have been shed by me. My skin has some baggy areas too, mostly arms are the worse but I continue to shrink. Luckily my skin is still fairly elastic, no stretch marks at all. Lucky me. Long sleeve tops will be my future though and robust bras for lift.
    Ply-you and I both need to learn patience so we can remain well. After all we are both very much needed by our children. Cyber kisses and fingers crossed for your plan. I am sticking with 19/5 no matter what and three fasts weekly post holiday.
    Smiffy, 6 lb to go, well done honey. I know you will celebrate that goal with a glass or two of wine. Cheers.
    AO- slimmer of the week goes to you. Keep fasting. You have reminded me to take my measurements and put it in my profile, good idea before my trip and whilst at my lowest.
    Samm- Hope you are doing OK mate, missing you.
    Next time we speak my fasting friends I will be in Turkey and it is hot, hot, hot. Hooray.
    Only exercise will be dancing and swimming- no walks over 30 minutes. Rest, rest, rest that is my goal.

Jojo, sorry to hear about your awful evening and night.
    I take triple strength Omega 3,6,9 and glucosamine/chondroiting coomplex for my joints. I took them for a couple of months before noticing the benefits, but it has made a huge difference, so maybe you should look into it on your return from what I very much hope is a wonderful holiday.

Dear Jojo
    Sorry about your not being too well. Keep yourself warm and I hope you have a good book to read or something to watch.
    XX Wiwi

Jojo hoping you have a better day/night this day. Thinking of you .. cyber hugs coming your way too πŸ™‚

Hoping Amazon and SAMM are okay, am missing SAMM and have seen awesome results this week from Amazon (you are A-Mazing lady).

What a day I’ve had, got to work at my usual time only to recall I was meant to start an hour later today (doh!) but then realised there was so much to get done that it really was good that I came in early, was meant to finish by 4pm but didn’t finish until half past 4, then off to pick up the meat for the dogs (50kg of beef mince in 1kg packs), brought that home, got it from the car up into the kennels and into the freezers (took three trips with the sack truck as could only put so much on at a time), I had to do this as the mince was ordered but OH was also booked for Remedial Massage and would not be able to get there before closing, then I fed the chooks, collected the eggs, came back down to the house, washed my hands thoroughly cleaned my sleeves (as had a little blood on them from the mince meat) then off to deliver some ENJO products to a customer just after 5:30pm and make sure everything was as she wanted, then home to pick up OH then off to dinner (12 km away) and we got there just gone 6pm, after dinner came home, OH prepared the dinners for the dogs then we were off to granddaughters for her 6th birthday (there was cake but I was too full from dinner to have any) and now home and getting ready for tomorrow as I’m steno’ing at a dog held at Dogs SA grounds in Kilburn (OH just back in from feeding the dogs).

I might not get a chance to post until later tomorrow as this laptop is being packed ready for tomorrow.

Aw, Jojo, what a bummer of an end to your evening. Sorry you continue to struggle with pain. I hope the warm Turkish sun will be the cure for all that ails you.

AO, those are the days one needs to avoid thinking about food! My head spins at the number and variety of tasks you accomplished!

Wiwi, enjoy your holiday with family. Sounds lovely that everyone will be together!

I am going for a true POET’S Day later, (never heard that before!), at least for a few minutes. I am taking myself (hubby works Friday nights) to the movies to see The Age of Adaline, about a woman who does not age. Truly a chick flick, and I can’t wait for salty popcorn!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your good wishes and advice Amazon(I will get on to it, I have taken glucosamine/chondroiting before but didn’t notice any change, I will give it another go. Don’t’the usually bother with omega as I eat lots of egg and fish including oily sort.
    Two of the friends I went out with last night have been ill over night too, weird. One was effected by the strobe lighting whilst the other had heart arrithmia( she had this once before about 7 years ago) after doing liquid only diet. She was considering calling an ambulance so she must have felt very poorly. Sounds like I got off lightly.
    Feeling tired but ok today, knee still aching but hip not bad. Got dogs out and cooked some chicken broth. Case half packed but keep getting distracted, ended up sorting out drawers.
    Got some new contact lenses today, reading prescription included, I will trial them whilst on holiday. After reading reviews of my hotel I am a little concerned, not exactly glowing reports. However they were all last year so hopefully new season and fresh staff will make a difference. I always think early summer holidays are better than later ones. I still plan on eating mainly fruit, salad and fish. No alcohol for me, who needs it? I know some of you consider it essential but to me it’s just a drink, happy to have water.
    Ah well diversion over, back to packing.

Ao you must have burned so many calories running about like that pal

SAMM and Amazon I hope you are OK

Ply I hope you enjoy your girly night out pal

Jojo you poor thing , what a night it turned out . I hope you have a brilliant holiday pal

I never got as far as the cauli pizza base .I microwaved the riced cauli for 5 mins stirred in the rest and microwaved another 30 seconds and it was amazing . Ate with a spoon and under 150 calories…………
    Cauliflower – Raw, 200 g(s)
    Butter – Unsalted, 0.5 tbsp
    Tesco Everyday Value – Tomato Puree, 1 g
    Knorr – Seasoning…. Just a shake )
    Aldi Cheese Emporium Grated Mozzerella – Grated Cheese, 15 g Serving

Thinking about all of you . This group keeps us all going xx

Wee xx

That sounds yummy, Wee!
    Thoroughly enjoyed the movie and my small popcorn, no butter! Came home and cooked dinner, Korean-style pork chops and more zero noodle pad Thai. Smelled and looked delicious, but I realized I just wasn’t hungry, so I am calling this another Fast day, even though I was a bit over 500. My fast days lately have been more like 350. Tomorrow is my regular scheduled fast day, which I will probably still do,. It will be the first time I have ever done 3 fast days in a row.

Re beets, I made brownies that included beets and black beans for my girls on the Run group the other day. Of course I did not tell them about the secret ingredients until after they ate them, and they were a big hit! Not low-calorie, but much more nutritious than regular brownies.

Happy weekend, all!

Wiwi so glad your combo is working positively for you the 4-3 and 19-5 is a winner and your down 2.5kg in 3 weeks do we need to say more I don’t think so certainly not? I found that 19-5 took all the mystery out of a non-fast day which can be the grey area where it’s up to to TDEE or what you have settled on with your own study of one.
    Jojo also following the template and fasting strongly all my SA cyber fasters have done amazingly well this week has been gold class.
    A quick shout out to Amazon and SAMM and sending all my super powers your way.

β€œThere is nothing else you can do to your body that is as powerful as fasting”
    Peace RT

Hi everyone, had a busy day again today just thankfully not as hectic and stressful as yesterday πŸ˜€ … had a yummy chicken supreme last night (well half of it) had a chocolate sundae for dessert, one slice of bread & butter plus a lemon, lime & bitters … I was sooo full up I was uncomfortable (I didn’t need the icecream but as I only have once per week I ate it and enjoyed it) went to granddaughters for cake and coffee but just had coffee.

Tomorrow is packing day getting ready for going to Vic for our Nationals – will be there Thursday late morning/early arvo then leaving Monday morning.

Washing dogs tonight ready for Nationals, but will also have towels etc with us if needed (thank you ENJO for the lovely Pet Pack I got Thursday just in time πŸ˜€ – I don’t usually put anything on re ENJO but really excited about this pack and yes, if you ask, I do have an ENJO business but won’t plaster it everywhere in here, this is probably the one and only).

Just checking …. seems forever since anyone posted . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good evening All or Iyi aksamlar (Turkish)

It has been one terrible day, my stomach has played up most of the journey. We left home at 9.45 am and arrived here Marmaris at midnight. So I won’t be eating tomorrow. I have been on painkillers and Imodium all day. In my room now, seem ok, very close to the centre of town, shops still open as we arrived, hard working people here.

Weather is supposed to be good all week so I am looking forward to the rest. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
    Keep fasting everyone have a good week. Not sure I will be using phone or wifi as I had to pay for this service tonight.
    I highly recommend 19/5 and will continue it in future. I also strongly believe white carbs and sugar are a non runner. But don’t just take my word for it.

Awww Jojo I hope you are feeling better soon pal . Don’t worry about us we will all be fine here on this thread … BUT it would be nice to know you are OK and managing to enjoy the holiday .

Wee xx

Hope you’re feeling much better this morning Jojo.

Hi Wee, I thought that the other day too that things were very quiet πŸ˜€

OH has taken the two dogs we’re taking to our Nationals to the club today for a last minute training session. I’m home as I’ve got to start the packing and getting things organised as there’ll be no time later and we leave 2am Thursday, so when I get home from work Wed it will be dinner and bed (or maybe just bed) as I’m the driver for the first section (and probably the next) as I love to drive and OH doesn’t like to drive at night … we’ll see how things go.

I’ve got myself a little mobile WiFi to take with us so at least I’ll have a bit of internet, not huge amounts so won’t be spending a long time online each time but at least a few minutes per day.

Catch up more later … ciao πŸ˜€

It always amazes me how often everyone seems to be on holidays in exotic and enticing locations and destinations going out for meals all the time (difficult for fasting and weight loss) I would have thought and in general living well I think to myself how do you people afford this retirement lifestyle or at least fund this way of life.? I was very bold and brassy I thought and bought 1000 CBA bank shares at the float price of $5-40 in 1991 and in 1993 2000 shares in Woolworths at their float price of $2.45 and in 1997 3000 Telstra shares 1st installment $1.95 and the 2nd installment $1.35 in 1998 I also received 1500 AMP shares when the demutualisation happened as a policy holder for free I still have them I could have sold them for top dollar on day one at nearly $18 each currently $6-55 but that’s ok I have a private super and a company super I own my own home and am toying with investing in a rental home for growth and extra income but have been a little tentative as yet so when my time finally arrives I should be all right it is still 18 years off though as we speak however πŸ˜₯
    I would be very interested on how the rest of the retired fast trackers around the world fund their retirement or does is the Government pension fund in the UK so much better than ours here in Australia.
    Peace RT

Hi RT

Firstly, it is way cheaper to make a short trip from the UK to Europe (or within Europe) on a last minute ticket and to stay at discounted hotels than to journey from Australia. Having said that, I receive emails from Eurostars hotels and from every known Internet travel booking site on a daily basis, offering huge discounts, either as last minute bookings or for off season bookings.

Secondly, we are of the post War generation that grew up in very straitened circumstances and learnt to save for what we want. Like you I have an SMSF that has blue chip shares. It is this income that funds our overseas trip each year. I came from a very frugal background and we save in advance for what we want. The only debt I took advantage of was mortgage debt, and that was paid off as quickly as I could manage.

I aim never to go on the old age pension in my life, if possible. I have my own hard earned super pension to support me. I worked hard for 44 years, and I think I earned my super. I hope you enjoy your retirement when you get to it. πŸ˜‰ My policy is now to enjoy each year as it comes, as I have seen accidents and illness strike down my contemporaries well before their time. Peace to you and lots of good healthy years ahead!

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hello all,

I have been quiet as have been living it up at Jamieson – our little town is hopping as this weekend is the annual Autumn Festival and the local Community Group organize a lot of activities and fun things. Yesterday was the main day and there was everything from gold panning, whip cracking, gold nugget throwing competition and hay bale race b/w the team from the pub and the team from the CFA – lots of fun. The highlight for me was the open air performance of a fantastic blues performer. He was playing on an amplified acoustic guitar that had been made from the timber of a Giant Sequoia (redwood) that was planted here over 150 yrs ago and had to be felled in 2011. Jamieson has many significant trees as it was originally planned by the same botanist (von Meuller) that established the Melbourne Botanical Gardens.

So lots of walking and talking and managed to keep off the junk food on offer! Great to read everyones news this morning, but very sorry to hear you are unwell Jojo – maybe the painkillers are really upsetting your tum. I hope it has settled and the rest of your holiday in Turkey is restful and restorative!

Good Luck with your dog trials coming up AO, I am sure your dogs will do you proud. And dont forget to remind us when your birthday is too!

RT our retirement is privately funded (savings/investments) plus company super. Dont worry, when you finally make it you will have plenty to live on! We are ok because we started young and it sounds like you did too! The thing is, your needs change as you get older – there are no school fees or costs, all the power and food bills decrease when children leave, no expensive new washing machines or fridges to buy! You simplify your life and just dont WANT as much! Going out for meals etc is a regular treat but its not every week. Most of my ‘personal’ treats are paid for by super I accumulated over many, many years (things husbands consider a waste of money such as hairdresser!). I worry for the younger generation who dont seem to save much and have their families when they are much older. I think the next generation will have a lower standard of living due to their current lifestyles. But I guess we didnt have the things to spend on when we were young, no mobile phone plans, no gym memberships etc that are considered basic essentials now, simply didnt exist. Plus, no credit cards to run up debt! Now I really sound old!!! I do remind my husband how much money I save weekly by fasting!

Cheers xx

Hi Jojo and Wee

Just so you know, I totally agree that this is indeed a way of life for ever. As soon as I start eating sweet things, I put on weight. As a result, today I fast to remove the extra 2 kg that appeared as I overindulged with sweet things on Friday and Saturday. πŸ˜‰

I think that we are of similar constitutions, with similar reactions to sweet things and processed carbs. I know that I will always have to limit my intake of sweet carbs, if i wish to maintain my weight loss. I can wish all I like for a magic bullet, but that’s the truth of it. I have to go sugar free for my health.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Go, Nama, go.

That’s what I meant by being frugal. We don’t smoke, nor drink more than a couple of glasses of wine. We buy clothes when quality clothing is on sale. We don’t fritter our hard earned cash away. πŸ˜‰ I recognise we are fortunate people living in the best country at the best time, with our health and sufficient funds to enjoy our life. Thanks be!

I have to defend the next generation that I know. Most of our children and nieces and nephews are in their own homes and have gone a long way to paying them off. They are saving as well as travelling. They dine at each others homes, with the occasional treat out. They work hard and look after each other, making sure no one is left behind. πŸ˜†

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi again RT

Your other point about eating and drinking to excess while on holiday. It’s not necessary. Travel days are best for fasting. All you need is water, and access to facilities. Train trips or flights or coach trips all come with water and facilities provided. I try to never eat any airline food. πŸ˜‰ just the water.

Since beginning this WOL, I have been on a number of trips. Some where meals were provided, and some where you hunt out your own meals. I fasted at least once a week on each of these long and short holidays. I don’t eat all the food provided, and I certainly don’t eat any wheat products. It’s cheaper not to eat. πŸ˜‰

We walk everywhere when on holidays. I have only ever gained a tiny amount of weight while away from home, and it was lost within the first week at home with two normal fasts.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 9,251 through 9,300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.