Looking for "Listing of Calories by Weight"

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
Looking for "Listing of Calories by Weight"

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  NigelWaring 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• The usual searches produce lots of lists of calories for fresh vegetables and fruit but none are very accurate. I’m looking for something that lists calories per 100 gms or a similar unit. I’ve done many internet searches all that I can find say things like calories for three medium sized carrots, or a medium head of broccoli or even 32 florets of cauliflower, these units are not accurate or scientific enough when you are trying to measure out 500 and 600 calories as we are. I suspect that they use vague units because their confidence is low.

Does anyone know where we can get a list of calories by weight? We are quite willing to pay for such a list if it can be found in some sort of professional publication.

NigelWaring

i have a weight thing 2

i usually go 2 google

& input

10ounces=cups

answer is given 10ounces=1.25 cups

or 10oz=gr 283.495gr

copy paste this exactly 10oz=gr
    u will c

the usa gov site is what i use 4 accuracy

http://www.supertracker.usda.gov

has ounces teaspoons tablespoons

when they don’t have exact
    i use the google & convert

also maybe canada gov site it is metric right

hope this helps

Thanks, but I’m really looking for a list by weight, not cups and not a website where we have to click several times to look up one item, that is why we find a good old fashioned piece of paper very attractive. With some of the things that we eat we may have just 18 or 27 gms. We usually have at least six different vegetables at each meal so we don’t really want to have to go on any website that many times. In Australia we’ve been on metric since the mid sixties but we still remember ounces so could use them by converting the numbers. We do have a scientific scale which is accurate to a fraction of a gram.

I use fitday http://www.fitday.com/ which gives foods in various quantities – grams, ounces, cups, portions etc, so you can easily put in 100 grams and see what each vegetable (or whatever) is, raw or cooked.

I got warning from W.O.T. (Web of Trust), that the site “Fitday.com” has a very poor reputation based on user ratings; it was rated RED, the most dangerous in every category. I could not find a list of calories, every link that I clicked on was trying to get me to sign up for something, none of the pages that I was taken to had anything to do with the links that I clicked on.

I have since found the following:

“FitDay also offers an affiliate program wherein one can generate revenue by posting links of Fitday’s top selling diet and fitness software on his website. Every time someone clicks on one of the links and purchases FitDay, Fitday will pay the referral”.

Hi Nigel, I’m in Hobart and like you sometimes use very old technology when I need calorie counts (I basically don’t count because I don’t eat on fast days) – try Allan Borushek’s Calorie fat and carbohydrate counter – $9.95 at newsagent.
    Lists veges with weight by calories, kilojueles, fat and carb content. also shows cooked weights for some

I Google using the phrase “Calories in . . . .” e.g. Calories in strawberries
    This often brings up the answer straightaway courtesy of Google and there is nearly always the option of 100g/100ml as the quantity, and the type field allows finer choice. For example “Calories in milk” gives a choice of 6 types of milk, and the quantity field gives a choice of 5 quantities.
    If Google doesn’t display it immediately, there are plenty of other hits which give calories per 100g.
    If you use the basic Google page (only one box to type in) don’t forget to put the quotes round the phrase. If you use Google advanced search, put the phrase into the ‘this exact word or phrase box’ without the quotes.
    Hope this helps
    Silverback

silverback

wow thanks another cool tool

by the way i did it w/out the quotes round the phrase

it worked this is really helpful

don’t u love it that when u highlight a word or phrase then u right click 2 search google

any other cool tool i personally like the math , conversion one

do u have any others?

The website I use for calorie content of foods most often is:

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/

It will give you calories per gram, ounce, cup, tablespoon, or carrot, whichever you wish.

Fineli (in Finnish, Swedish and English) is very convenient, you get the calories, carbs, proteins, fat per 100 grams. The most and least listings are great, if you need to find e.g. foods having high magnesium content or lowest energy content.

http://www.fineli.fi/topfoods.php?lang=en

Many thanks Vicki, yours seems to be the best suggestion, I’ll have a look for the book, it probably gives just what I want.

Thanks also for all the other suggestions but they involve googling and other searches for each individual item on websites, this is exactly what I’m trying to avoid. I’m just looking for a simple list something like a list of vegetables in one column with the number of calories per 100gms (or something weight unit), in the next column. Such a list would be very easy to look up the information that I want without having to turn the computer on then doing a lot of clicking and searching to find one individual item then repeating the process about five times for the other items. I really do want to avoid having to use a computer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply.