LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,646 total)

• Hi Mossend!

sounds like you may well be in plateau mode, I have been the same weight since last December 🙁 even put on a lb there and then but I am keeping at it as I know eventually things will start to move lol!!

have you considered doing 4.3 maybe? not sure if it really makes a difference re the weight loss, but I would say hang in there and keep going, I don’t smoke so I cant really advise on that but I sympathise as it cant be easy doing both, you’re very brave!!

fasting today too, just had a warburtons thin with some ham and that’s about it till 6pm now but I may have a green tea later 🙂

take care and let us know how you get on, just keep at it 🙂 xx

morning all! Angie, I’ve heard fresh eggs are much better than those from the supermarket but I’ve never gotten to try them. Glad to hear your new feathered family are doing well.

Mossend, have you checked your bmr and tdee to be sure you are using the right calorie limits? Also have you measured to see if you are losing any inches? Some people lose inches but not pounds, at times. I have never been a smoker but I know quitting is very tough – I have no specific advice on that but good for you for trying, and don’t give up.

I am in good spirits this morning with good results at my weekly weigh in, in spite of it being a time of the month when I blow up like a balloon. And it’s Friday, and I’m so ready for the weekend.

I have a new toy, a fitbit flex, which is already inspiring me to do a quick walk with the dog before work. Hopefully this will help me up my activity level a bit – I’ve been a slug ever since I got this stupid cold.

Hi Kilda!

I am the same too with the time of the month, I hate it… I keep hearing of those fitbits but have no idea what they are lol, please tell me more!!
    I walk a fait bit so maybe they could of some use 🙂

have a fab day and even better weekend,not too long now!!

LittleDragon how are you doing? hope the day isn’t too bad for you so far, take it easy 🙂

cheerio for now peeps!! xxx

it’s basically a fancy pedometer that goes in a sleek little wristband. It tracks your steps and activity level. It also tracks your sleep, and has a silent vibrating alarm that gets you up without bothering your sleep partner. It syncs wirelessly with the internet to keep track of everything. I think it will help me be motivated. Comes in cute colors too. 🙂

oooh ok Kilda, sounds good!!!

I will look them up, thank you! 🙂

LD is alive – just about – crawling to the finish line and amazingly still being asked to take on new stuff.. ugh.

I’ve just had a large coffee to get me over the final hurdle.

How is your fasting day going Angie? (and Jenki?)

Hi to Kilda – your pedometer sounds like a great idea – my colleague has a nike fuel band and albeit very expensive, they sound like they’re really nifty.

Hi LD, you’re nearly there 😉

fast has gone ok, now just waiting for 6 ish for dinner and that will be it!
    I hope you wont have to work late and have a free weekend!
    take care, have a nice evening everyone xxx

Happy Friday everybody. I thought I would just pop in to wish you all a great weekend.

It is going to be 18 degrees in London on Sunday yeah!!! Have been good today as I am saving my calories for a couple of glasses of wine and a frozen Curly Wurly!

LD I thought of you when I was buying them (ha ha). Also congrats on the extra pound you lost – I can see that your non weighing until Easter has not worked then (only teasing 🙂

Until Monday then x

Hey everyone, fasting has gone well – nothing has touched my stomach except black coffee and water! Am going to go for a quick run and then really look forward to my 500 calories!

I am going to be brave and step on the scales tomorrow morning, slightly anxious as it has been a bad week so hope not to have gained. Have a great evening and weekend!

PS Kilda – looked up fitbit they looked great so I ordered one! My sister in law has been raving about them as well. When it arrives I will let you know and we can maybe experiment together!

Hi everyone,

boo work all day and my laptop has been playing up, so this is the first time I’ve been able to log on day!!!

LittleDragon since it’s nearly 10 I’m very much hoping you’re done for the day and that tomorrow will just be a tying up loose ends sort of a day. Well done on that sneaky extra pound!!

Jenki and Kilda has a look at the Fitbit too looks fab but a bit too expensive for me. I use Mapmyfitness on my android phone, to record my activity and this links to Myfitness pal too; not quite the same but is a very useful tool.

Welcome Mossend sorry you’ve hit a bit of a plateau – like the others I’ve never smoked but I have seen my Mum battle to give up and various friends. All of them have struggled with weight gain when not smoking – for two reasons wanting something to do with your hands and also food starts to have more flavour. Could this be happening on your non fasting days, when you feel a bit more relaxed. Try writing down what you have for a few days to see if you can spot anything.

Angie steady we’ll all be inviting ourselves just to sample those wondrous eggs!!! Glad the new flock members are settling in. I hope that the little bantams don’t lay any ginormous eggs!!! Can just imagine their little eyes watering!!!!

Glad you had a good weigh in too Kilday.

Thank goodness it’s the weekend, just an hour’s work tomorrow and then some down time.

Take my hat off to you Friday fasters – you’ve done it now 🙂

Morning all!!

hope you are all well and enjoying this fabulous sunshine 🙂
    LD how did you get on last night, hope it wasn’t a long night for you, and you are not working today!!

Hilly66 you are most welcome to come taste my eggs lol!! as for the bantams, I did have one, she was so cute and small, all greyish, the fox got her last week, she was one of the 5 I lost 🙁 so the new 4 we got are different breeds but no bantam…just couldn’t bear loosing another one… but I may still get one when we secure the coop even more soon…
    but they are all getting on lol, Pete has really made himself at home 🙂
    the young hens are so funny, they haven’t a crest yet,makes them look kind of bald haha!!

have a lovely sunny day all of you, if you are fasting, good luck!!
    take care fab fasters 🙂 xxxx

Morning all and happy Saturday. So I stepped on the scales this morning and have lost another 2 pounds which means (drumroll) that I have now lost a stone!! Very pleased and ready to do cartwheels down the street!

So halfway there with another stone to go! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

well done Jenki!!

way to go now 🙂

morning all, and congratulations Jenki! I know it feels wonderful.

Afternoon everyone..

hope you’re all ok, I wish I could say I was too, but the truth is I am devastated… OH forgot his moby this morning, I know because I texted him and of course it beeped…so curiosity got the better of me and without even thinking I scrolled thru his messages…its obvious he has been seeing someone, I still feel sick and the texts keep flashing in my head 🙁 rang him at work and he came back home and just as I suspected he denied everything, she is just a mate bla bla bla..heard it all before…..still in a dazed shock.. not sure where I go from here, I cant stand even looking at him.. I would have left but I cant bear leaving my dogs, its hearbreaking.. sorry guys to be a downer, especially in such a sunny day…my head is all over the place,but somehow I know i’ll survive this, done it before I can again..

hope your afternoon is miles better than mine!

take care xxx

Hi Angie poor you that is just awful. I am really sorry that you are having a horrible time. Can you go and stay with some friends for the night just to get away? If you cannot bring the dogs you can go back and feed them tomorrow.

I obviously don’t know anything about you and you OH but is there anyway you can salvage your relationship?

Thinking of you x x x x

oh no Angie, I’m so sorry, what an awful shock. You are always such a kind and supportive person, you should be treated the same way, not like this.

Is there not anywhere you can go and take the dogs with you, maybe just for a little while to think?

thank you guys, its lovely to have support, even in cyberspace, makes such a difference! ( crying now 🙁 )

going for a walk in a mo, I think what hurts the most is him denying everything but in my heart I know am right….

my friend I London has given me the keys to her flat, she is away, but dogs are not allowed, I cant bear to leave them, it would kill me… I feel completely spaced out, my life isn’t making much sense right now, but I have been here before and I will survive this ( sorry if I have already said this )

JFitzy I don’t really know if there is anything to salvage, things have not been right for such a long time now.. only time will time..

have a lovely afternoon, need the sun on my face! xxxxxxxxxxx

Angie im thinking of you at this awful time,
    I have been there myself , many years ago,10 to be exact, and it’s the lies that get you so annoyed. In my experience the trust just went.
    Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself,
    Your in my thoughts, x

Thank you Mossend, you are all so kind 🙂

just been for a walk, funny how everything around us just goes on… he is carrying on as this was just another row, he just doesn’t get it!!
    but I will be kind to myself, and do a lot of thinking… again thank you guys for your kind words…today has been the worst, but i’ll be ok..

enjoy the sun if you can, its really mild out there!! xxxxxxxxxx

Angie,

Funny how a walk helps us sort things. So sorry to read this and know that whatever comes of this we are here to listen and offer (((hugs))) and support.

Thank you Carla, that’s very sweet of you xxxxxxxxxxxx

thinking of you Angie. No matter what happens, you will get through and better days will come.

Hi Angie,
    So sorry to hear that. I read somewhere that a cheating partner has nothing to gain by admitting it. I think that it is true.

He totally gets it, but it is far easier for him to pretend that he doesn’t.Stay put and make it uncomfortable for him, even if you ignore him completely.

My best advice is be kind to yourself and the other gem which I live by is ‘the best revenge is living well.’

YOU WILL BE FINE, not today or next week, but it will come and then one day you will wonder what on earth you saw in him…..and it will be a complete mystery!

Take good care of yourself.

Angie how horrible, what a terrible thing to discover! My heart goes out to you and a very great big hug! Life sure is hard at times.

Just remember you have all of us – use and abuse us to help you stay in control of things. So glad you have your dogs and the chickens (am secretly falling for Pete :-)) Keep busy and go shopping for some amazing clothes that make YOU feel fantastic.

Fantastic news Jenki your first stone what a brilliant achievement.

LittleD where are you, are you sparko of the sofa finally having finished your case (presumably) today?
    x

oops sparko on even!

Thank you all, Kilda, Annettte and Hilly!!

You are all so right, he’s still carrying on as if nothing happened!! So yes i am ignoring him, i am going to stay put until he finally cracks.. Some of the texts are so damning i just cant believe he actually says they are not what they seem, my God!!!!! I mean what would you think if you saw this: from her ” am in bed watching tv x” and his reply ” i wish was there too ” ???? He says he meant he wished he was in bed, i said, the “there too” pretty much says it all!!! Arghhhhhhh!!!!
    Sorry guys, just going off on one again… I have actually been looking at places to rent around here, i cant bear being away from my dogs 🙁 still just dont know what i’ll do… Its a bit of a blur still..

Hilly i will try and post a pic of Pete for you 🙂 then you’ll really fall in love hehe!!!

Have a lovely evening everyone, you’re all lovely !!! Xxxxxxxxxx

Don’t make any decisions now, they are likely to be driven by emotion not sound judgement. Sit tight.

Are you married? Do you live in a joint property? If yes to either, DO NOT LEAVE!

Hope it’s not too terrible at home Angie and that you’re maintaining that dignified silence.

I’m about to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic – my evening of girlyness 🙂

x

Hi Annette and Hilly and thanks again for the support,

Just sat in my own little room now, i d rather be alone.. Annette, yes i am married but the house is his name as he bought it before we met..
    I have nowhere else to go so no, not leaving!!

Have a good evening girls, Hilly enjoy that programme, sounds fun lol!!

Take care you fab lot xxx

Sit tight and don’t go anywhere.I hope that you get sleep tonight.

Angie, you’ve been so nice to everyone on here all this time, I surely wish you find too all the kindness and support you need right now. I hope you find the strength to overcome this and always think that something that ends opens the possibility for smth better to come! xxx

Thank you Nina6!

I am a strong person at heart, and I know I will get over this… taking a day at a time but the atmosphere at home is horrible.. life, hey… its a bitch at times!

have a lovely sunday everyone xxxx

It might be worth investigating what your options are, so that you can take your time and make informed choices.There is a wealth of information on the net and some family law firms may offer a half hour free advice.

Thank you Annette, I appreciate your input 🙂

Hi everyone,

was thinking of you last night Angie, hope you managed to get a little sleep. Must be difficult having to be in the same house! Go out and do some vigorous gardening, a double bonus, work through some of your feelings and get physically tired so you can have a good night’s sleep too.

Hey everyone just seen a Weight Watchers advert – they’re afraid very afraid – it actually says no fasting, to try and lure people into their money pit!! When I watched Michael Peretti’s programme about dieting last year, have never forgotten his interview with the recently retired finance director of weight watchers (he held the post for years and years!!), Weight watchers own figures show that within 5 years of achieving their goal very few are still there (can’t remember the exact percentage) – the man smiled and happily said I know – it means they keep coming back!!! Grrr

More hugs to you Angie 🙂
    x

Hi Angie,

Am so sorry to hear your news, what a horrible thing to happen. I hope that you have managed to get some sleep last night and have spent some time with your dogs, hens and Pete today.

Take care of yourself and don’t do anything rash. Stay strong and most of all don’t take on any of the blame – you are probably not – but you did nothing wrong. Its so easy in these cases to blame yourself so DON’T.

Enjoy the sun and like Hilly says get out of the house and away from the atmosphere for most of the day.

Take care of yourself xx

Hi everyone

thank you for your kind words Hilly and Jenki.. just been out with the dogs again, its so lovely out there……

he’s at work today, he called me earlier and we had a good talk,still swearing nothing happened.. but nothing is making much sense in my head, we’ll talk more later.. the problem is, I don’t know how I feel anymore,i cant force whats not there..but, I am willing to try…so that’s a tiny step I guess..
    thanks again to all of you who posted lovely and supportive messages, hope you are all enjoying this beautiful day!

Hilly I have seen that tv ad…makes me smile 🙂 but the one that really gets on nerves, is the Diet chef one………….I could throttle that woman, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

take care fab faster buddies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick news – if any of you are thinking of buying the new Fast Cook Book it’s half price in WH Smith’s x

Thank you Hilly!! xxx

{{{big hugs to Angie090465}}}

Aud x

Thank you Aud xxxxx

good morning ladies, I’ve never been the first to post on a morning before! I know I’m up early, but I didn’t think it was that early! I got up for an early morning walk with the dog so am feeling virtuous.

Angie, how are you? I hope today is a better day and that you are being good to yourself.

Hope everyone is well, and good fasting to those who are today.

Morning everyone and thank you Kilda for asking of me 😉

hope you are all well and good luck if fasting today, I will tomorrow… things are better, not right, but ok I guess.. we talked, and both have faults and things we don’t like about each other.. so I am going to try and make an effort to be more “wifey””if that makes sense..
    I am not making life changing decisions, not now anyway…if I do, then it will have to be final,but at the moment there are far too many “cons”..so that’s where I am now, thank you so much from my heart for all the kind words and support, meant the world to me 🙂

I am looking to join a yoga class lol, always wanted to!
    have a lovely sunny day fab fasters and take care, you lot are a great bunch, love you!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ps LD where are you? we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I’ve completely missed out of all of this – sorry for my delayed input.

Angie I’m so, so sorry, I feel so angry and sad on your behalf – no-one deserves to be lied to and cheated on but least of all someone who does nothing but encourages others and keeps them motivated and always sees the positive in everything.

I think you need to extract yourself from that horrible environment – he doesn’t deserve having you around and you certainly don’t need to be there and taking his rubbish lies. Once a cheater, always a cheater, I always say, and you need to be a bit selfish and look after yourself.

I think you should definitely get some time alone for a bit of headspace. You need it.

I’m so sorry, my thoughts go out to you – please do whatever makes you feel better.

We’re all here for you xx

Aww LD thank you so much hun and so good to see you on the forum again!!!!!

you are right, and I am thinking of spending some time at my friends flat in London this week, she is away but she kindly left me her keys just in case…

so I may well stay there when I go back to work, saves on the driving too 🙂

how are you anyway? how did your weekend go and how’s work???????? hope no grief today!

have a lovely day and enjoy the sun if you can, take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning all hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather.

Angie sorry I haven’t been in touch since Saturday but I wasn’t on line at all yesterday. How are you doing? As I said at the weekend I think you should spend a little time away so you can make some sensible decisions in a calmer atmosphere than the one you are having to endure at the moment. Thinking of you and hope you are coping x x x

Who is fasting today? I am doing today and Wednesday. Having a smoked salmon salad tonight as summer is now here (it will probably be snowing next week ha ha!!)

LD hope work is better this week – it sounds as it has been pretty horrendous. Well done again on your weight loss – the stone will be gone this week I am sure.

Have a great day all 🙂

Morning Angie – sorry I didn’t think to check in at all over the weekend and just signed on and saw all of this, didn’t expect to be so shocked on a Monday morning but it’s lovely to see all the support this forum has given you.

I think escaping to London would be a great idea for you… you need a bit of space.

I’m now working at our clients’ offices – completely different work and a new team – I’ve escaped, but everything is brand new and I’m really confused!

My weekend was good thanks – tiring – was hoping for a lot of sleep after a horrible few weeks but couldn’t switch off my brain and woke up at 7 on Sat and Sun. Feeling pretty exhausted and overwhelmed today.

Not sure if this is a great idea but I am fasting today… or at least – I plan to. I don’t know how this will work as we’ve got a seminar later with food and drinks but I’ll see how that goes. Even if I can’t manage a fast day, I’ll turn it into 16.8.

Hope you are okay Angie, thinking of you xxx

Hey JF – thank you – I hope to drop another pound this week at least (but you’ll be glad to know I’ve hidden the scales away again).

I think I am going to weigh on Friday 21 March, as that’s a few days before my birthday and I had set myself a mini goal to lose a stone before my birthday. Would a nice present!

Told my mother I’d been on a diet and lost almost a stone – her response was “oh, well you can’t tell”

Great!

🙁

Thank you LD and JFitzy!!

LD I am so glad you are in a new place, of course you’ll be confused for a bit, must be daunting…hope everybody there will be nice and supportive of you, they better!!

if you cant manage the fast then don’t worry about it, I was going to fast as well but its tomorrow now, am not up for it and in any case I am not that hungry anyway.. so if you have to give up on it then that’s all good, 16.8 is great too!!

hope your day is a good one, take care and thank you hugs (((()))) xxxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.