Lemon and Water

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mukica 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Hi. I’ve started having lemon and water today and my fitness pal says its 8 calories. Surely I don’t have to count calories on a glass of water with a slice of lemon?

An ENTIRE lemon is 17 calories, according to my uncle Google. You can go crazy!!!

I’ve just bought a pint of Samuel Smiths and a packet of ready salted so I think you can get away with lemon and water (though why you would want to is a mystery to me) 😉

You have both made me laugh. Thank you for your response and no, I don’t know why I am drinking g it either! 😂😂

It’s very tasty?

Hmmmm!

Cool Lemon thread, thanks for posting.
    Ok, so I’ve ben drinking copious amounts of warm lemon water during my fast days: 1 cup with one slice, maybe 4-5 cups a day. Granted it’s a “Meyer” lemon from the tree, so EVER slightly sweeter than regular, but I thought I was doing very well. Been on the 5:2 since October.
    Now I came across info saying that no-no, absolutely NOTHING except water while going through the 12 hour-gap (I do breakfast and dinner total 500 cal, 12 hours apart 2 days a week).
    I heard that that could still mess with the insulin, etc.
    So now I am confused. I am so happy with my lemon water. I know it might be a bit of a “crutch”, but I thought it was a very comforting and not so harmful way to keep hydrated and somewhat satisfied.
    Any thoughts? Thank you!

Hi Silvio and welcome:

You have nothing to worry about. You can eat or drink anything you want at any time on any diet day, and so long as you have less than 500/600 cal. you will lose weight. There are no known material health benefits from not eating anything for 12 hours.

Here are some 5:2 tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

haha that’s really funny. I do the lemon and water thing too. It is apparently good for the liver.

I love to put lemon in my water! it’s packed with vitamins, and believe it or not, lemon is alkalizing, so it’s really great for keeping you balanced.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply.