Last fast day of week 2 – disappointed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Nika 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• So today is my last fast day of week 2 (fast day no.6) and I couldn’t resist the temptation to weigh myself after my awesome 4lbs loss last week….only to find that the scales have not moved at all.

I don’t understand how one week can be so dramatically different to the last, and now I’m wondering if last week’s results were some kind of fluke. I don’t know what I did wrong to not see the scales tip at all!

The first week of any weight loss programme nearly always results in a big loss, mostly water, and frequently the second week can be disappointing. It’s only 2 weeks and your body is adjusting to changes and, unless you have a huge amount to lose – 100lb+ you won’t see huge amounts every week.

1-2lbs a week is the norm for most of us. I changed from calorie ccontrolled to 5:2 and have lost 8lbs in the 5 weeks I’ve been doing 5:2 – 4lbs of that in the first week. I have lost 43lbs in total but it has taken 10 months to do that – an average of around 1 lb per week. I’m happy with that.

It’s not that you have done anything wrong – last week proved that. As I said it’s only week 2 so just hang on in there. When you do weigh make sure you are wearing the same clothes and try to weigh at the same time of day. My weight can vary by up to 2lbs in a day. 5:2 isn’t a quick fix it’s a long term life style change so it’s worth persevering.

I know it’s disappointing when you don’t see the results you hope for but just keep on keeping on.

And just come on here for a good moan when you don’t see the results you wanted – we’ve all been there.

Yep I had an unbelievable first week, as Sylvestra said first weeks tend to be the best – a disappointing second week a good third week. Things can be a bit up and down. I record my weight on a weekly basis and as long as it is trending down all is good – even w the occasional gain.
    I’m now 5 weeks in and 5 kilos lighter – everyone’s results will vary but the most important thing is to stick w it long term and you will see changes.

I want to just press the point again that it’s really important that you weigh consistently under the same circumstances! I once, to check this theory, weighed myself one evening and then again the next morning (my actual weigh-in moment) and the difference was 3.3kg (7lb or something)!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.