Ladies of 'childbearing age'… possibly TMI!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Ladies of 'childbearing age'… possibly TMI!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pundle66 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi all,

I’ve had a search regarding this and have found some threads but wanted to ask peoples’ experiences of how their periods have been affected since starting 5:2.

I’ve started 5:2 this month, all of a sudden had spotting / light flow yesterday and this morning, 5 days earlier than planned, but it’s not something that I can definitely call the start of a period, it’s very unusual for me. I’ve been regular as clockwork prior to this and pretty heavy. I’m in my late 20s, never been pregnant, never had PCOS, always had fairly heavy periods and they’re always on a 28 / 29 day cycle. Since starting 5:2 3 weeks ago, I’ve lost 4lb and 1.5 inches on my waist, so not a massive weight loss in the grand scheme of things (although I’m really pleased with it!). I had a BMI of 23 at the start and now it’s 22.5, so I’m in the healthy weight range for my height. I’m just feeling a bit unsettled by the sudden change in my cycle, and can’t help but attribute it to 5:2 as this is the big thing I have changed in my life this month.

So my question is, has anyone else experienced this?

The same thing has happened to me. I started bleeding two weeks before my period was due.

I have PCOS and I’m on the pill and Metformin and I think it might actually be my hormones rebalancing. I am going to get a bit graphic and gross now but it is necessary to explain my reasoning.

The blood at the start of my periods is always a brownish colour which, I only found out recently, is not normal and is a sign that it is old blood that your body didn’t manage to remove during your last period. This is caused by low levels of progesterone (in my case, PCOS related) so I am wondering if my progesterone levels are rising as the diet sorts out my hormones and my body is removing what it couldn’t last month.

I know you said you don’t have any gyno issues but the diet could still be affecting your hormones. Either way, you are not the only one who is having cycle changes since starting the diet.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.