Ladies, can you help me please?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Ladies, can you help me please?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ali43 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I find my diet goes completely out the window when I get my period. I eat like it’s Christmas for a few days a month and as I’ve got older my cycle has become shorter and this has impacted hugely on my weight. I’m due to fast tomorrow and I’m determined to succeed but Fri – Sun I really have gone for it as far as my sweet tooth and carb cravings are concerned. I know that this will impact on my weight loss so I shan’t be stepping on the scales this week. It’s just so frustrating. I’ve had three very good weeks on this diet and I was hoping that it would help with the symptoms but I seem to have reverted to stuffing my face again! It’s like my body becomes possessed by a chocolate/carbohydrate monster once a month! Does anyone else suffer with this? Are there any coping strategies that anyone can recommend? I’d really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Ali

Hi ali43,
    I wonder if a different approach might be helpful.

Have you measured bust,waist,hips,thighs, upper arms? If not then do it today and keep the record. If you have then re-do the measurements once a week.

I wonder if you focus on the tape measure moving in the right direction might take the pressure away from the scales.

Can you take more exercise when the chocolate/carbohydrate monster is about to strike? That could be anything from a long walk to taking part in some sport.

Start the fast day tomorrow and put the weekend in the past. Move on and start again.You will find that as the months go by, the desire for chocolate diminishes and you will be able to eat smaller portions without feeling hungry.

I am fasting tomorrow too.Good Luck.

Mercifully I am past all that, although I certianly did my time with a very late menopause.

I guess this is a form of PMT (mine always hit on day 2, not before I started) so have you considered the usual treatments for PMT? Evening primrose oil etc? I’m out of touch with the latest thinking, but surely would be worth trying?

Thank you for the advice. Today’s another day and I’m going to put the weekend behind me. I’m going to stick with the plan in the hope that it eventually has an effect on these cravings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.