Knee surgery – miniscal tear

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Princess Cilantro 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi

I had knee surgery yesterday to repair a torn meniscus on my left knee. I did 5:2 really successful last year losing two stone. I ran three times a week and was quite fit. Since the tear on my knee which happened last September, I stopped all exercise and have put all the weight back on. I need motivation and advice – am I good to go again? Really need I inspiration.

I’ve had two knee surgeries 25 years apart for the same problem. On both occasions I started exercising again after a month. It might be an idea to start with something less stressful to your joints than pounding pavements, and maybe look for a permanent alternative as once you’ve had cartilage removed it doesn’t regrow and constant pressure on your knee will almost certainly lead to further problems.

Hi MrsMiggins and welcome:

The one thing you need to understand is that you do not need to exercise to lose weight – on 5:2 or any other diet. You can lose all the weight you want/need to without doing any exercise at all. So just do 5:2 and enjoy your weight loss until you are completely healthy. Then you can start to exercise again – but for better health, not weight loss.

Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi, first time to the forums! I am also having major knee surgery in about 2 months. I will be unable to weight bear for 8 weeks and then it will be a long and slow 12 month recovery to be able to do HIT training again. Not exercising isn’t stressing me but what is the recommendation with the 5:2 fasting when recovering from surgery. How long will I need to wait before I can fast again – I am terrified that I will regain the 15kg I have lost! Thanks for the help.

From what I have read the body heals in the fasting state so why not keep up with the plan?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.