Kick Off

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  scotrodg 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Good Evening All

First fasting day tomorrow after giving myself a shed load of excuses over the past few months. A bit of porridge with fruit planned for tomorrow A.M. at some point, and loads of water organised for work tomorrow.
    Wish me luck!!

Rodger

Go for it.. I have lost 2 stone in 4 months if that’s any help…

When starting ease yourself into the fasting … it gets easier as you find out what works for you and you get used to the routine… find some staple recipes.. mine is veg soup and I don’t do breakfast.. just coffee..

All the best … from I have 13lbs to go before I need to review my username 😉

Good luck with it Rodger! The biggest incentive for me is to see on my scale how the pounds go down and how the clothes get too big. The beauty for me is that I can have it tomorrow, if I fast today. I have even done ADF (alternate day fasting) for a bit over a week so that I would not have to restrain myself from over-indulging over xmas.

So far I have lost a solid 6 kg in the last 7 weeks.

It really does work!
    Best wishes
    Stef.

Thanks for the support folks.
    End of the first fast day and it has not been too bad. Got a little shaky on the legs in the late afternoon, but think this is just down to me refining how/when/what I eat.
    Not as bad as I expected. Also managed to do a 30 minute session on the turbo trainer tonight, so very happy all round. Cycling tomorrow evening followed by another wee bit of research on what I will be eating on Thursday, my next fast day.

Rodg

One month in and as of Tuesday morning I had lost ten and three quarter pounds…chuffed!
    Still come home from work on my fast days absolutely shattered. I work in a warehouse and do a lot of physical work all day and have generally been feeling a bit low on energy by 3pm-ish.
    Still fine tuning what/when I eat as it’s still early days. I am now trying to up my training schedule for a couple of cycling events I am entered for so will need to work out how to do this and maintain the diet. Any tips welcome and I will try and post on my progress every few weeks.

Rodg

Progress

Since 06.01.2014 I have now lost 1 stone and three quarters of a pound. Great progress on the weight loss front. Last week, I went out on the mountain bike with a regular group I cycle with on a fast day. It’s all good fun stuff through the local woods but naturally gets competitive occasionally. I tried this as an experiment and expected to run out of steam fairly quickly, and had mentally prepared myself for bailing out early and leaving my mates to it. Once we got going, I forgot all about that and never thought anymore about it until I got home. In the end, I ate less than my 600 calories that day, as once I’d had a shower I had a cup of tea and hit the sack, missing out on the 100 calories I had left myself as a back up. Happy days, things going ok, sleeping well, surviving on the fast days, and losing weight. Long may it continue.

Rodg

Rodg, fantastic news! I am so glad for you that you stick to it and that you see success! How much do you want to lose overall? Keep on going!
    Stef.

Hi Stef
    Had sort of targeted one and a half stone, but will see how it goes. Naturally would be happy to lose two!! 🙂
    As I said above, I am now in training for a couple of events, one of which is at the end of April. I don’t know how far I can go with the weight loss and maintain enough energy and power to carry me through. I watched a program about power v weight in cycling a few weeks ago. The eventual conclusion was that less weight was a greater advantage than being heavier but more powerful. Regardless, I’m no elite athlete, just an enthusiast.

Now met the one and half stone target! 🙂

Onwards and downwards!

Very well done, Scotrodg!!! It’s certainly a good feeling, isn’t it!

i am targeting 2 stone i lost 7 lbs in my first week so could be all through in 4 weeks! -last week i went out alot so will have a weigh in a day later this week, but the reason i chose this was coz all those funny processed foods on the shop shelf were giving me itchy skin and blocked up sinuses so i stay of milk and bready foods and have gone for gluten free.

I got myself within 4lbs of having lost two stones…then went on holiday to Portugal for a week!! On return, on my usual weigh in day, I had put five and three quarter lbs back on, sad times.
    Third week back to work and now on a steady downward trend again. Continuing to cycle fairly frequently, and am planning to continue cycling on my fast days.
    On Saturday I completed a 69 mile Cycle Sportive. Decided to fast as normal on Thursday, and despite having a hard few hours in the saddle, got my best average speed over the course. Very happy with that.
    Have now got into a routine on the fast days. I am pretty much eating the same thing on my fast days, which many folk would find pretty boring. I am finding that it is working for me as far as energy management goes. Whilst I am cycling 4, 5, and sometimes 6 times a week, it’s important to know that you will have some energy in reserve when the weather gets inclement,or the hills get longer and steeper. From this point of view, I’m a bit nervous about mixing up what I’m eating in case it leaves me struggling.
    Will post again when, not if, I hit the two stone mark!

Update:

On my weekly weigh in on Tuesday morning, I weighed twelve stone, thirteen and a half pounds. This equates to a loss of two stones in six months.
    I must admit I have had a few tough times, particularly in the evenings when I tend to eat a bit more. A few times I gained weight rather than lost any, sometimes I was static for a couple of weeks.
    I am now cycling more than ever, which will probably be contributing to my fat burn. However, I have built a lot of muscle on both upper and lower legs which may have a slight cancelling out effect.
    I started this diet with the twin goals of losing weight and getting fitter on the bike. As I am now lighter than I have been probably since my late teens, I have certainly lost weight, my fitness has definitely improved, in no small part thanks to the weight loss, so it’s a double positive in my eyes. Sub 13 stones was an interim target, 12.5 is my next but I also have to maintain good energy levels as my cycling mileage increases. The next half a stone will undoubtedly be the toughest but I am feeling positive and committed to getting there.
    To anyone out there thinking about giving this diet a try, I say go for it. Don’t imagine it’s going to be a dawdle, because it’s not. I have found the self discipline required on fast days pretty tough at times. The promise of a hearty breakfast the following morning, or a further weight loss on the scales has kept me motivated.

Rodg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply.