Just Liquid fast the way to go?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  diverdog 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi there I have been doing IF since october and saw really good loss before xmas 12lbs in 2 months so was really pleased with that! since December I have plateaued and just can’t seem to shift the lbs, I am really struggling to do 2 fast days a week. I just get so hungry and theres always something going on where it involves food and alcohol. I tried two weeks of 24 hr fasts… no loss but maintenence so still happy!
    I really want to start shifting so looking for another way.
    Has anyone found it easier to eat just 500cals of liquid and soups and stuff on fast days? have been told this keeps you fuller for longer.

Hi @monkeyslim /how you use your 500 cals is entirely up to you. Maybe you could try having only soups on your fast days to see how it goes. There’s no actual ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer because what works for one person may not work for another.

I have had ‘soup only’ fast days and, yes, it filled me up. How much, if any, difference it makes to weight loss I don’t know as I only do it for one day at a time.

Like most of this WOE, it’s a case of ‘try it and see if it works for you’

Sorry I can’t be more help than that.

xx

Hi all
    It is often suggested that
    a) liquid calories are not as satisfying, as in drinking the juice of 2 oranges is not as filling as eating the same 2 oranges. This is attributed to the lack of fibre in the juice. Plus, it is easy to consume liquids very quickly whereas food that needs to be chewed takes much longer to get through
    b) protein is more satisfying than other nutrient types

For these reasons I prefer to stick to solid food, largely protein and low-carbohydrate vegetables… but as sylvestra suggests you need to work out what suits you best.

And have you been keeping track of your measurements, or the fit of various items of clothing? There is a very long thread on this topic elsewhere in the forums. Look under annette52 to find it. You will find that many of us change shape while the scales stubbornly refuse to move!

I find liquid fasting much easier. Once I start eating solid food it’s hard for me to stop if I’m still hungry. I don’t have that problem with shakes, soups and veggie juices.

Personally I just stick with zero calorie liquids. However I’m more fasting for health than just for weight loss.

So your fast days are no food, and only no-calorie liquids, dykask? In other words, zero calories on your fast days? I have wondered about doing that, but I think I would have a hard time staying on it.

If I’m doing a <600 calorie “fast day” like aitch I eat one meal of protein, some good fats and lots of non starchy veggies. By volume it is a lot of food and very filling.

I also do a modified water fast sometimes, black coffee till noon and then water for the rest of the day. It’s not that hard to do for me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.