Just joined…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Robin55 6 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Greetings, Everyone, from across the pond (Tennessee, USA)! I watched Michael’s BBC documentary a few days ago and then found this website today…and joined. A severe neuromuscular reaction to a statin drug in 2016 prompted me to research alternative solutions to my cholesterol and other health problems, leading me to LCHF and intermittent fasting. Now I’m looking forward to experimenting with the 5:2 Fast to see if I can achieve the exciting outcomes Michael described in his film.

Hi! Welcome! Much luck to you, and I look forward to reading your posts about your success on this WOE. 🙂

Welcome Robin55! I just found this site as well. I’m in Orlando so just a bit south of you. I fasted twice this week and both days were pretty simple. I broke my back 11 weeks ago today and am recovering. Praying this works to drop some lbs off my poor aching back – LITERALLY!! I have read that fasting works wonders for healing so I hope it helps with your cholesterol as well. Best of luck! Reach out to me any time.

Thanks so much, Onlyhermes!

Just read some of your story, Ynottoday, and see that you know what it’s like to have to recover from a serious, unexpected physical injury. Hoping we can support each other in this. BTW, I’m originally from FL! (Decades ago.)

Welcome, Robin. Those of us who are old-timers are here to help and support you. I’m from NH, so we have a little group of North Americans here.

Hi fasting_me, I’m sure I’ll be relying on your experience! Although I loved the energy I got on the OMAD diet and was happy with the thought of the accelerated mitochondrial repair it yields, I found I was feeling burned out after a while. So I see the 5:2 as something that might not give the super fast results I’d prefer, still promises to be an approach that is both effective (for my goals) AND indefinitely sustainable. I’m thinking I will focus on the 5:2 now and then perhaps toss in some OMAD later on…

You’ve got the right idea, Robin. 5:2 is something you can live with week in and week out.
    Got your meals planned for this week’s Fasts?

Hi fasting_me — I’m enjoying some great satisfying salads both on and off my fast days, throwing in a wide variety of veggies and meats, quantities depending on which day it is. And I’m having so much fun finding and trying new LCHF/keto recipes, a whole new area of interest for me.

But I’d like to get some feedback from folks: Occasionally, I’ll come in from a full day of errands/classes SO hungry…and I’ll grab a tin of smoked oysters and have that with some pepper sauce sprinkled on it to give me energy to MAKE the salad. I know the soybean oil isn’t good for me for a number of reasons (including soy/estrogen), but cannot find a brand locally that packs smoked oysters in anything else. What do you all think about smoked oysters in a LCHF diet?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.