June 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 322 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Daffodil2010 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 331 total)

• Day 16 – Canada – NFD

I am definitely going to buy the Mosley/Bailey cookbook – you should get a commission @fiverwofan5252! Everything sounds so delicious.

@litprof – I know what you mean – as I’m approaching my goal of 128 lbs I think I’ll change it to «somewhere between 125 and 128 »

Take care all. I’m off for a long walk in the morning fog 😊

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Almost 223, but no cigar. I think my body’s trying to readjust to normal life. I’ll try to act better on this NFD than I did on Monday. One sensible meal, 3x a day haha! Fortunately, we’ve had cucumbers come in from the garden, and I bought an “ok” tasting watermelon from the grocery store on Sunday. I have about a 1/3 of it left after sharing, so I’ll plan on having some of it for dessert tonight.

Like @fivetwofan5252 I have found 4:3 effective for me. I’m still a little hesitant to adopt it straight out just yet, but I’m getting closer. Half of this month will be a 4:3 for me!

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800/CD

Yesterday’s FD was not perfect, but it was decent, with only a small amount of cheating, and I’m down exactly 2 pounds this morning. Now comes the real work! I’m doing my best to remind myself that my brain and my will are in charge of my mouth, and not the other way around, and I’m sure that’s a large part of why yesterday’s FD went reasonably well. Yesterday morning, DH commented that, with how much and how frequently we were eating, he was HUNGRY…when even DH is struggling to control his eating, you know how bad our habits were in that break from 5:2.

I got my second jab yesterday, and was surprised to see an almost instant bruise at the injection site. Remembering the pain from the first shot, I was careful to move that arm vigorously throughout the rest of the day, and this morning, the pain is very minimal. Because of all my movement, or because it would have been less anyway? Who knows, but I’m thankful not to have a larger reaction.

@northerndawn That’s the side-effect of masks that no one can deny: so few of us had colds and flu! I’ll just bet you that there are lots of masks in public again next fall and winter, in an attempt to again avoid colds and flu. I’m glad your case of whatever it was didn’t last too long.

@emma-taylor Re your dislike of summer weather: I’ve apparently lived long enough in the midwest (where we get very cold winters and very hot summers) that I’m completely acclimated: I went outside to our back yard just now to enjoy my first cup of coffee, and thought it was lovely at 75/24…but after just five minutes, the small breeze made me too cold and I had to come back in! Today and tomorrow are going to be 97-102/36-39, so I’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the heat! 😂

@litprof I’m simultaneously so impressed that you’re pretty much at your goal weight and are revising it down, and totally green with envy, LOL! Well, well done!

@dvw The exact same to you! Well, well done! (Even if you’re not quite there, you’re close enough for admiration from those of us still far away…)

@daffodil2010 It’s delightful to hear your confidence and good cheer as you prep for your surgery tomorrow; you will be in my prayers that all goes perfectly.

@fivetwofan5252 You make the whole 4:3 thing sound so good and perfect that I’m almost ready to jump on the wagon with you! And then I remember my life is not your life, and I must live my own life, and I restrain myself. 😂🤣😂🤣 But it’s totally wonderful to read of your contentment and success!

@northgeorgia I’ve been seeing watermelons and want some, but we never manage to eat the whole thing, so I’m slowly accepting that I’ll need to buy only a half of one, or even a container of already cut pieces. I miss having our kids at home, where I could buy a watermelon, cut it all up, leave it on the kitchen island, and have it gone by bedtime, LOL!

I finished piecing a quilt back in late January, but life got in the way and it just sat there until last week when I finally got the back pieced together and the whole thing taken to a longarmer who quilted it for me. (A longarm is a sewing machine that can only be used to quilt a quilt–to do the decorative design of stitches that holds the whole thing together. Here’s an example: https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/qnique-15r-midarm-quilting-machine.aspx?variant_id=285120&gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtIfgCgbM36eR6wrFojHc17lIpi-edavOcDWIydBqnEnrG4SIpRNYeRoC1bMQAvD_BwE) Yesterday I picked it up, and began sewing the binding around the edge. Today, I’ll make further progress on that, but it’s likely to be too warm to spend much time with a big quilt in my lap to do the handsewing part. 🤣🥵

But, before anything else, it’s time to walk with Leslie again!

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I nearly gave in to wine temptation last night but somehow summoned the power of the won’t muscle so I will probably be safe now till Friday as I don’t want to drink tonight as it would make tomorrow’s FD hard going. The force of the mojo is strong this month 😉

@michelinme Happy Birthday, hope you’re enjoying a lovely day 🎂💐

@emma-taylor I can relate to your preference for lockdown, it did give a reassuring feeling of safety. Since easing its all gone a bit mad in Pembrokeshire as people who would have gone overseas are flocking here for a holiday. It is so crowded and busy with very little evidence of social distancing I don’t feel inclined to leave our village. I am enjoying the sunny weather though, it makes me want to eat less and even relaxing in my own garden feels like a holiday 😎

Happy hump day everyone 🐫

Second Post – Day 16

I have just logged in again as I am SO HUNGRY this afternoon!

It is nice to read everyone’s posts knowing that they probably also feel as starving as I am feeling! (Although I hope for all your sakes that you are flying through your individual fast days!)

There is no way I could hold out til 730pm this evening!! I’m going to start making my FD dinner on the dot of 6pm…. only 45 minutes to go!

@dvw – yes, it is funny isn’t it, I do sound like I am on commission already don’t I!

@stitchincarol – that’s nice of you to say re my 4:3 efforts! I also need to practice a little more restraint though – there was no need for that ice-cream last night 🙂 🙂
    Also, I have to say doing FD750s makes it a lot easier for me than doing FD500s!
    Well done on the 2LB weight loss – I am envious!

2nd post

Ah, but @missybear, that 2lb loss was only because I fasted for the first time in ten days, and I’ve gained something like five or six pounds in that time, LOL, so it’s hardly a solid loss…but thank you! 😁 I hope you’re lasting until 6pm okay!

3rd post

@northgeorgia and @at You both made comments about resuming IF after a break of eating with abandon, and it being really effective…or something to that effect. Can either of you elaborate, or send me to a site with details? Is it a real thing, or just like when we first start and it’s a bit easier to begin?

Day 16 MN/USA CD (again)

A quick check in prior to reading posts. I had a mammo this morning, so that was fun, and then returned some spanx and similar because they were mediums, and though I managed to get into mediums a couple weeks ago (couldn’t try on in stores as fitting rooms closed), I felt I might have to be cut out of them to use facilities. 😂🤣🙁. As I was out and about shopping, the time ran away from me. How wonderful to be shopping and browsing the aisles again.

@michelinme – I hope you are having a lovely, lovely birthday.

@stitchincarol – Your poor DD and DGD!! My gosh, what an ordeal. I’m not sure I’d have risked all of that with a 20 month old…..your DD obviously loves you and misses your company. I hope you all enjoyed it.

Back later after catching up, I hope.
    Stay strong. Let’s just be persistent and patient, and keep our eyes on the prize.

2nd Post ;

@daffodil2010 – You HAVE GOT THIS and you will be fine. Of anyone I know on this forum or in my life, you are one of the most spiritual and positive of ladies. You will be able to deal with anything! You are strong and positive. And, you have a lot of people praying/sending you positive vibes for an easy recovery. Please keep us updated. Try to visualize the calm, feel the calm. I know you can. Let us all know as soon as you feel up to it, please. It will be good news, and we all really crave good news these days. xoxo

Day 17, FD?, Aus

I’m struggling with mental commitment and mojo today. I know I should do a FD and I know that tomorrow I will feel so much better for it. I need to hang on to those thoughts and not succumb.

I was wondering, @stitchincarol, if you are still listening to your hypnosis affirmations?

And I am getting in my second round of good wishes for @daffodil2010 on the assumption that your Day 17 is not yet underway!

Day 17, UK, NFD/ZBC

I had a good fast day yesterday, despite the extreme late afternoon hunger …. and i managed to wait until 6:30 pm before demolishing half a cucumber and a head of chicory before dinner.

Hilariously I find chicory quite delicious when I’m starving …. It is one of those things that I know I SHOULD eat for the sake of my micro biome but I would not get round to eating it unless I had been fasting! Silver lining -tastic!!! 🌤

The feta and mint muffins from the MM/CB recipe book were quite good, but next time I would add more feta and less egg (would need to do some calorie calculations). I would also add more spring onion. This is the only recipe so far that I have not given a score of 100%. I would probably give it a score of 85% on the deliciousness front! But then again I’m not an egg-fanatic so maybe that’s why….

Today I am going to have a non-fast day in the style of @missybear!!! That means CONSTANT VIGILANCE !!!!

@missybear, I have been inspired by your very disciplined approach to the non-fast days and I am going to try to emulate you just for one day (ha ha that’s all I can manage!)

Whilst I am really enjoying the 4:3 style of life, I don’t think I will be able to carry on doing it for ever, as the world will slowly unlock and there will be less opportunities to fast for a full three days per week

Equally I only have 3 lb left to get to my goal weight, so I do need to double down to achieve that goal! 😱

I am still plateau-ing weight-wise, but need to measure myself as I definitely feel like I’ve lost dimension !!!!

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Day Zero!!!

Popping in to say hi, and thank you all for your good vibes, prayers, and wishes. We are about to hit the road for the hospital. I am so excited for this, I feel like a brighter future is just about here….., recovery time is almost nigh 😄

Right, off we go, see ya later guys 💃

Day 17 – Canada – NFD

Good morning. Yesterday I visited with my mother and she gave me 2 freshly baked blueberry muffins. I held out until this morning. I’m also meeting my niece for lunch at a local restaurant, I’ll have a salad because I hate making salads at home so it will be a treat.

@stitchincarol – thanks for the good wishes and thanks for the link to the longarmer, otherwise I might have thought it was a person with very long arms, ha, ha, ha.

@fivetwofan5252 – we’re pretty much in the same boat – so close to goal. Next week I think I’ll try 4:3, shake things up a bit.

Okay I’m going out for a long walk and then time to water the garden. Take care all.

Day 17, London, UK, FD,

Very late check-in from me today, the laptop nearly took a header out the window this morning!!!😤 (Weirdly, we’re often walking the same path @daffodil2010!! Late as it is, I’m still sending you my very best healing vibes🙏 ………………… you’ll be grand 💪 💜!!!) I think I hate technology, well sometimes anyway!!

Happy Belated Birthday 🎉🎉 @michelinme 🍾🥂, no doubt there was a songbird somewhere who could hold a tune better than me!!!😜

So the OMAD days whether FDs or not have been going well, although right now I have an urge to head to the shops for something sweet with ‘0’ nutrition ……………………….. Battling 🐉 🐉 🐉!!!!

I feel like going for a walk but the shop with the winegums is out ‘there’; Hmmm, maybe go without any cash on me? But there lies the path to shoplifting😜😂😝 ………………………… ok, I’ve talked myself down off the ledge, I’m staying in the office until I head home at 5!!!!

Stay strong folks, I’m as accountable to you as you are to me!!! Remember, every wobble can be solved with peppermint tea or a bottle of water!!!!

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. Still feeling a wee bit disappointed at my new average being about 4 lbs higher than it was at the end of May, but happy that I’ve gotten back on track. The trend is “body is angry at me, but yes, there is a slow trickle downward as it realizes I’m returning to a familiar pattern.” As vacation leftovers have pretty much vanished, and the watermelon eaten, the NFDs should start resembling healthier and lower calorie days (at least in comparison to vacation eating). The garden is producing cucumbers, which is fantastic for FDs like this!

Got to watch out for Independence Day around the corner, but apart from that, I’m feeling confident about getting back towards meeting my goals.

@stitchincarol I’m not sure if it’s effective or not, but it had to do with resetting metabolism. I’ll need to see if I can find the source. I think it’s more of a theory and not really based on any scientific studies.

Pocket list day 17
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 17 UK FD

Quick check in for accountability – I’ll pop back to catch up on posts later.

Hugely behind and very slow today but lovely day at the seaside in Eastbourne yesterday. Ate chips on the beach, chocolate and cake – also lots of exercise and slept like a log. I felt v well loved and celebrated – people seem to be cherishing each other more since the pandemic.

FD today to reset ahead of tomorrow’s weekly weigh – and a VERY early night!!

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Wow, this FD came fast–that’s what happens when a Monday FD gets moved to Tuesday because family is still around on Monday!

I was so pleased when I went to bed last night to discover I was only two-tenths of a pound heavier than when I woke up, despite eating rather more calories than I’d intended for the day, and certainly nothing like a FD. I was all set for a glorious number this morning…and was only down four-tenths of a pound for the whole night. And DH weighed the exact same as I yesterday morning and this morning.

I’ve concluded our scale is broken. That’s truly the only answer, right?????

sigh

I HATE when DH and I weight the same, given that he’s eight inches taller.

@penz I’ve tried, but I’m so sick of those recordings that I’m not listening to them any more. I keep thinking that I’ll start them again ______ but I never do fill in the blank with an actual day and an actual start. Perhaps when all my summer traveling and busy-ness comes to an end. DH and I leave Monday morning to spend two days in St. Louis, then drive to Lexington, Kentucky for a convention for which I’m a delegate, then we spend two and a half days in Asheville, North Carolina, then we come home, getting here July 1. I’m so looking forward to the trip, but the preparation to leave is going to be brutal. My job at church is never done by someone else, so if I take a vacation, I simply have to do all the work before I leave, LOL!

Speaking of which, I need to go do that job. Have a grand day/afternoon/evening, everyone!

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Sitting with a glass of water after a lovely relaxing 5k walk down a lane from the village that leads to just a farm so no traffic or tourists, only me and birdsong 😎

Having another good FD800. I had an omelette and an apple for brunch and will have a small amount of chicken and veg with a pear and clementine for dinner. I’m finding it easy to stick to plan this month which is a relief after months of struggling and seeing my weight creep upwards out of maintenance range. Hopefully I will get a downward creep this month 🤞

Stay strong fellow Thursday fasters and have a good day everyone.

Day 17 second post

Today has morphed into a CD but I’ll take it – I banked B2Bs on Mon/Tues this week.

Just caught up with posts. Thank you for birthday wishes,I had a really lovely day.

@daffodil2010 Great job on your b2b pre-op! Thinking of you just now xx

Day 17 UK NFD

Ahh that seems a bit unfair @stitchincarol Having to get all that work done before you can go away ☹️ As for those horrid scales I’m well aware of their cruelty but it sounds like a great trip you have planned

See you all Friday

Day 18, NFD, Aus

Well I did the FD yesterday but am not feeling that smug feeling of satisfaction. I’m trying to do a lot of self-talk; after all, the only person who can help me lose weight is ME. I suspect my flat mood is due to the weather in part – it’s been grey, foggy and raining all week. And cold!

Does anyone else’s mood fluctuate with the weather? I am much better when it’s sunny!

Have a good weekend everyone. I’m away with work next which wh is yet another challenge to me for doing 5:2.

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD

Still away on the boat… just popping in to say all the best @daffodil2010 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

FD. U.K. DAY 18.

FD800 (well 750) for me again today, the last in my 4:3 regime for this week.

Yesterday’s Constant Vigilance didn’t work as Keto Flu hit me mid afternoon. Just as I was hitting the busiest part of my protracted working day. So I had a banana and that didn’t work, so I had to have some cake! Then I had to have a glass of wine to get me through my evening work !!! Oh well … reset day today. Next week I must remember to have some carbs (😋) as I can’t be doing with getting de-railed by inadvertent Keto Flu!!!

(On the bright side I didn’t break my fast yesterday until 145pm so hoping that limited some of the ensuing cake-and-wine damage!!)

@penz – agreed grey skies that hang low in the sky get me down …. Hope you feet back to your old happy self soon

@dvw – we are fasting twins!! Do you think it is hardest when you’re closest to your goal? I really don’t know – I think weight loss is perennially difficult… Anyway good luck with losing those last pesky pounds!!!!!!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s Recovery Day 1 and I feel good. Three tiny incisions, bloated tum, a bit pain, strong painkillers…but I am home, the sun is shining, and I had my first recovery walk to the shop to buy a Fathers Day for my Dad..

DH making scrambled egg on toast, then I go back to bed

Thanks everyone for those good vibes, I believe they worked.

@jaifaim, I so want to hear about your cruise (Shannon or Erne?) as DH and I have a voucher for Shannon cruise and would love to hear from someone who has done it

Happy Friday everyone 💃

Day 18 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Just a quick note to say hi. Trying for a good FD today, yesterday was a bit of a blowout but I enjoyed every morsel.

@fivetwofan5252 – finding it tough to keep the motivation. My clothes fit so well now and I feel so much better I just wonder if I should be happy with my current weight? Nah, I’m going for it and then I expect maintenance will be a challenge. How’s your motivation level?

@daffodil2010 – so nice to hear you’re home and on the road to recovery. 💐 Have a lovely weekend.

@penz – hang in there, the sun will come out soon. A friend of mine suffers from SAD and every winter she pulls out her light machine and she swears it helps. Maybe something to try?

Day 18 pocket list

@dvw
    @fivetwofan5252 FD750

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Got down to 222 lbs today (barely, but firm!) And now the garden is producing zucchini, squash, and cucumbers (we also got some carrots and small potatoes). I see some very healthy, high fiber, low calorie NFDs in the coming weeks. Yay!

I’ll start my next 4:3 on Sunday, still hoping to get back to at least 220 lbs by the end of the month. The new fiscal year starts up July 1 at work, so I’m sure some stress is coming. Just trying to be preventative; need to definitely start finding times for walking and exercise. Of course, not this weekend, as we’re expected to get Tropical Storm Claudette’s downpours. With the major drought in the Midwest and West starting up, I am thankful for the rain, and hope rain falls over that way soon.

Good luck to those on the pocket list today!

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday’s FD wasn’t. I was hungry, it was sweltering at over 100, I had to run to Lincoln (50 miles away), and I gave up. Turns out DH did also, lol. But today’s another day to do my best.

It’s 8:16 and DH and I are sitting in a coffee shop while my car gets the oil changed; then I have an appointment in Omaha, then the weekly zoom call with my three sisters at eleven. It’ll be tight, for sure.

Here’s wishing all of us restraint and reasonableness!

2nd post

Oh! And @daffodil2010 I’m so glad everything went well and you’re well on your way to good health!

Day 18 UK NFD

Yesterday morphed into NFD. I forgot to weigh myself this morning – still tired after outing, got up just in time for a zoom which is not the best start to the day. Forgot to weigh myself – I’ll do it first thing tomorrow instead.

I’m going to have a OMAD supper shortly and then an early night -up for early start tomorrow and community gathering in town. It will be the first one that I’ve gone to since March 2020 and I can’t wait to be together.

Can’t decide what to eat today as I’ve got a fridge full of lovely fruit and veg and slightly spoilt for choice. I’m leaning to vegan *fish* with asparagus, corn and broccoli for supper, and perhaps a few new potatoes. It’s wet and cool here now so i could crack open my stash of frozen dal – it’s hard to make myself want spicy dal on a hot day. Also a whole fresh pineapple that needs eating up this weekend, and some Sussex-grown rhubarb that i bought in the seaside fruit and veg market.

I just popped out to tie up tomatoes and empty waterlogged trays and saw my first ever homegrown strawberries are almost ready to eat. I’ll save them to share with my mother next week. She’s been reminiscing about her father’s fruit & veg growing, so perhaps another source of untold stories.

@daffodil2010 so glad you are home and beginning recovery! Here’s to a new lease of life post-op x

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Usually I only weigh me once a month but as the weight has been creeping upwards I decided to do it weekly this month and this morning reminded me how demotivating it can be when you don’t get the numbers you think you deserve! Only half a measly pound down after my exemplary behaviour this week. Oh well at least it is downwards.

@daffodil2010 you must be so happy and relieved. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy and make the most of your time to rest and recuperate.

Its Friday and it has been over 2 weeks since my second vaccination so my immune system has probably done its job by now so I think a cheeky glass or two of 🍷might just be on the menu this evening 😉

Have a lovely weekend everyone. See you on Monday, my next FD.

Day 19, U.K., NFD

I was meant to do a FD yesterday but I aborted the mission at lunchtime !
    Had a very emotional start to the day – thought our dog had gone missing and I spent ages traipsing about in the rain crying and shouting for him.
    Turns out he had somehow managed to wedge himself inside the downstairs loo and shut the door behind him!
    The emotional reunion was however slightly marred by the fact he’d had a terrible accident on the floor!!!

The weather was also horrible here yesterday so I’d really lost my mojo by lunchtime. Ended up eating cake in the afternoon BUT BUT BUT …… I didn’t eat anything else for the rest of the day!!!!! 😇
    So I’m actually really happy with myself that I turned a disaster into a CD… This really is miraculous for me! I’m definitely in Halo Polishing territory here!!!! 😀😀😇😇

@daffodil2010 – glad you’re out the other side! Good luck with recovery and take its easy !

@dvw – To be discussed in more detail !!!!!!
    But briefly yes I agree with you!! I’m sticking to my goal because WHEN I eventually get there (!) it will insulate me a little bit from post-holiday bulge, inexplicable bloating days and worst of all …. Cake-Related-Misdemeanour days!!!!!!

Catch everyone on Monday 😊xx

Day 19 – UK – NFD

Funny old week fasting wise – managed 3 x FD800 but the other two days were definitely over TDEE – must try harder for the 2nd half of this Mid Year June Challenge if I want to to drop those extra 2kg…….

Thought I would share how after losing weight in 2016 and maintaining it through 5:2 for a number of years – I have found that over these past few months I have been struggling with a creeping up of some 2-3kg in weight, I manage to drop 2kg then finding that I have put them back on again…repeated cycle….this morning weight back to 59kg on my scales and 58.3kg on OH’s scales….which to believe 🤣 no matter as still have to lose around 2kg……

Life is slowly getting back to normal with live yoga, pilates and aerobics restarted although with reduced numbers…..

Wednesday was a drizzly old day here, but ended up a fab one anyway – belated birthday celebrations with some yoga friends starting with my 1st live yoga 🙏 class since March last year!!!! then to Linthwaite House for a wander through their amazing gardens before a delicious afternoon tea – The hotel is surrounded by a dozen acres of garden adorned with lots of wonderful (and let’s be honest, some slightly weird) sculptures.

Yesterday’s walking group met in Patterdale on what turned out to be a perfect summer’s day, clear blue skies and sunshine for a 2hr walk with gorgeous views of Ullswater – perfect 😎 Sorry to read about the horrible weather those south to me experienced yesterday – the Men’s World Test Championship final 🏏 India v New Zealand in Southhampton never even started…..🤞we get a start to the match today!!

@northgeorgia – absolutely correct no panic – stick to the basics and keep an eye on what you are eating/drinking on NFD – remember to set your TDEE for your next weight loss target!
    @basyjames – less than a month to look forward to your holidays – that should be a good incentive to stay on track! and the dinner was truly 😋
    @stitchincarol – what a busy time and what awful travel woes for your DD and DGD.
    @daffodil2010 – great to hear all went well and surgery was done laparoscopically and best of all back home to recover – and sounds like your DH is looking after you well x

Apologies once more for being a bit of an absent host….must try to do better for the 2nd half of this challenge both as a host and in keeping track of how much I am consuming…..back to daily MFP tracking and trying to drink more water I think!!!!

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 19 North canton OH NFD – 27 days from beach vacation

I am posting on a Saturday! Cant remember the last time that I did that.

@at that beach vacation is a great incentive to stay on track. OH has been really stepping up his game with self control and exercising and it is very motivating for me. For the first time ever, we are vacationing with family – OH brother and his family. they have two kids just like we do, but they have boys and we have girls. We are all really looking forward to it; especially after the last year- it is something we have always wanted to do, but could not make it work and this time it is actually happening- we are all so thrilled.

@fivetwofan5252 I am so glad that your dog was not really missing- I cannot even imagine the relief that you felt when you found him; mess and all; and a little cake is good for the soul. so proud of you for stopping there!!!

@missybear every half pound counts. Good job.

@stitchincarol you are busy!!!

@northgeorgia congrats on being back to 222, the downward march continues

@daffodil2010 so glad your surgery was a success and you feel good. Praying for your quick recovery.

Chin up today everyone, and hang in there.
    Happy Father’s day to all the guys, I will see you all on Monday – God willing.

Day 19. OMAD London

I’ve got over my funk. Thanks for the kind comments. Don’t know what that was all about. I’m still scared of the scales. I just can’t face getting on them in case they don’t say what I want. I’m scared I’ll just throw in the towel, whereas if I just keep going without facing whatever the truth is, then I’ll be ok. Ridiculous to let the scales have so much power. How does everybody else cope with the scales being so unreliable/ capricious?

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – who knows🤦‍♀️

Every morning I wake up with renewed determination, peaceful and certain. Every afternoon, every last bit of that determination, along with all motivation and discipline–even the common garden-variety that I’ve used all my life, in addition to the I-wanna-lose-weight-variety–flies out the window as if they didn’t even exist.

I’ve realized I need to spend some time THINKING every afternoon before the urge to go nuts with food strikes. I’ve set an alarm on my phone for two o’clock today to stop everything and see if THINKING can counteract my inner two-year-old child’s impulses: But I WANT IT!!!!! It’s sad when an inner child is still controlling a 62-year-old woman, LOL!

@fivetwofan5252 How harrowing yesterday morning had to be! So glad your dog was safe the whole time, and so impressed that you stopped with cake; halo-polishing-worthy indeed!!!

@basyjames vacationing with family sounds lovely, and I well understand how you’re looking forward to it!

Well, the thing every pastor dreads as he prepares to go on vacation has happened: an elderly member of our congregation died Thursday night. So instead of leaving Monday morning, we’re leaving Tuesday early afternoon because we have a funeral Tuesday morning. What’s worse is we have another elderly member close to death, so I don’t know just how DH will work that out if he dies soon, or while we’re on vacation. I’m bummed that we don’t get to “escape” as soon as we’d planned, but having an extra day to get ready to go has sure eased the pressure, so that’s a real relief.

It’s time for me to start repeating “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Over and over I’m going to say that, and see if it doesn’t help!

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD (oops!)

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Found out my sister-in-law is “thawing a ham” for Father’s Day tomorrow, so yikes! I made today a FD in order to force myself onto the path before all chaos breaks out this summer.

That means this week was actually a 3:4! I fasted more than ate this week.

Next week looks like it may have to revert to a 5:2 Monday/Thursday with all the meetings and things going on at work. That’s OK. Good basic 5:2 fast with reasonable spacing.

One of the things I love is how my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer look healthy compared to a couple of years ago. Sure, you’ll still see the occasional takeout leftovers, naughty quick zap snacks in the freezer, and potato chips in the cabinet. But they are enjoyed only occasionally.

My refrigerator now contains cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, limes, apples, cilantro, green onions, zucchini, carrots, grapes, baked chicken tenders, salsa, boiled eggs. In the freezer, I can find frozen vegetables of all types, whole lean meats, and frozen homemade stews and soups. In the pantry, the pasta, tortillas, bread, crackers, and bags of chips are used sparingly. The popcorn, soups, vegetables, nuts, and seeds are enjoyed much more. If someone told me, “cut your calories and especially your carbs way back,” I couldn’t do it. But it seems the 5:2 eases you into that direction gently, so that your body learns which foods sustain. Not that I don’t enjoy a couple of slices of pizza and a Dr. Pepper, but I certainly don’t like those types of meals as a day to day thing anymore.

Anyone who wants to join me today can do so!

Pocket list Day 19
    @northgeorgia

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Yesterday was not only a LFD, but a <200 cal FD!!! I DESERVE my PFDS!!! 😜😂

@penz, last week I described to a colleague just how great the blistering heat (I know, I know, but for me 24 degrees IS blistering!!!) made me feel sooo much happier, only to hear him mutter under his breath “they don’t get the phrase ‘Under the weather from nowhere’” ……………………………………… well colour me embarrassed, I don’t think I ever consciously made the association😲😂!!!

@daffodil2010, so glad to hear you’re home and on the road to recovery, I hope your DH is suitably trained to cater to your every whim!!! 😜😂😝

@fivetwofan5252, I know they say, not all calories are made equal. But I too, stepped off of the righteous path as much as I talked to myself & tried to resist ………………………. I went to the shop and bought winegums worth 544cals with ZERO nutrition, scoffed the lot but didn’t eat anything else that day …………………… I’m calling it a FD and showed a 1.2lb loss the next morning!!! Completely unsustainable, but the itch HAD to be scratched, was it worth it ……………….. Absolutely NOT😢, so will I do it again? Right now, definitely not😱, ask me again in 3 months and the answer might be a definite maybe!!!!! 😳😁

@emma-taylor, you’re the one who’s inspired my current OMAD success so the funk is just a pause on the road to success, a step off to enjoy the view!! No quitting allowed😲!!! The scales are my nemesis, but I know that if I ignore them, they’ll be plotting & snickering & LIEING behind my back, for me knowledge is key!! I’m sure you know these numbers mean NOTHING, they’re a guide at best ……………………………… how do you actually feel🤗???

@northgeorgia, you’ve totally got this, you’ve been steady on your own path👌, a slight detour is just that, a detour then straight back on the path to success👍!!! DO NOT PANIC😲, and stick with your usual plan, I learnt the hard way that basic 5:2 which worked like a dream initially and made me soooooo happy, actually doesn’t need to be tweaked if there’s a blip, that path may lead to pressure=failure & disappointment …………………………………………. Patience grasshopper …………………….. after-all it worked before!!!! Your altered mindset & fridge alone will lead to success!!!

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 20 – Canada – FD

Good morning. Had a bit of a blowout yesterday, an EFS event and it was unplanned so URGGG. It’s day 20 with just 11 days left this month. Time for a serious plan. 3 FDs next week and lots of exercise.

@emma taylor – the scales have far too much control. The only thing I do is stay off them until I feel lighter and especially if I’d had any salty food. A bit ostrich-like with my head in the sand but it’s also self protection. 😊

Good luck everybody.

Day 20 UK NFD

I’ve gone a bit mad with the popcorn this last two nights. Finally remembered to get on the scales and still 1.5kg down on the month but feeling very puffy today -surprise!

@northgeorgia lovely to hear about your fridge! Mine is also transformed …. despite 30 years of vegetarianism there’s something about being vegan which has joined with this WOL to really suit me. My freezer has a whole drawer of spinach, peas, endamame beans, sweetcorn, veg stews and dals and another drawer is full of berries and foraged fruit – wild plums, blackberries, elderberries, apples, bananas (for making vegan icecream) and lemons (for grating). Fridge currently has a whole pineapple, peaches, butternut squash, cauliflower, spinach, iceberg lettuce, watercress, sweet potato, asparagus, broccoli, red onions, cucumber, avocados… It lifts my heart to open the fridge because I love cooking vegan food.

Thanks for that encouraging reminder! I’m going to make a late vegan brunch of scrambled tofu, cherry tomatoes, avocado, spinach, flat mushrooms and perhaps some vegan bacon. That should get me through an afternoon of pottering in the garden. I’ve also got an event to plan so an hour or two of thinking and researching, ready to send out tomorrow morning. The rest of tomorrow will be writing, which feels great.

I’m so tired after day in town yesterday but v glad I went. Just remembered i’m hosting a zoom coffee in 3 mins… Have a lovely day, and strength to all today’s fasters.
    @daffodil2010 hopeyour recovery continues gently in the right direction xx

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Reset achieved! Last time at 220: May 31. That’s also a 6 lb drop over last week’s post-bloated vacation weigh-in. And tomorrow’s another FD to kick off the 5:2 week. Feeling back on track, despite the Father’s Day feast at 4 today, and Independence Day gatherings coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the encouragement. I might even see the 210s this month! Hope you all have a great day.

Day 21, ??, Aus

It should be a FD. It really should. But I’m just not feeling it. This morning’s blue sky is clouding over – AGAIN!! – and I’m feeling under the weather. (Me too, @flourbaby, never really thought through that saying before, but it’s so true.)

Glad you’re back home @daffodil2010!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick pop in, I am not fasting, just taking things nutritionally well with lots of Vitamin C and proteins to get me on the road to recovery. There is a danger that I think I can do far more than I actually can do right now…..yesterday I walked with my Grandaughter to the local playground, my DH looked after the pushing the swings etc, but trying to keep pace with a 5 year old three days after abdominal surgery…..NOT one of my finest ideas 😆

So this morning I am tucked in bed with fresh sheets, glass of kefir, pain meds taken, and I am going back to rest. No work for a few weeks so rest and recovery.

@EmmaTaylor I avoid the scales the days too, however I won’t let them rule me either. They have been moved from the bathroom to the box room so I won’t encounter them so much. Hope you feel better.

@northgeorgia Well done on the milestone 👍

Have a great Monday all.

Day 21 UK FD

Usual Monday reset , I really need to find a way to deal with the weekends in a more controlled way, I’ll have a catch up on the last few days posts over a coffee and get into the right mindset

Day 21 – Canada – FD800

Good morning. Busy day ahead so just a quick check in to say hi. Good FD yesterday and I’ll try for another today. Take care all.

Day 21 UK FD

I’m Still feeling full after yesterday’s late vegan brunch, which ended up being mostly protein – vegan sausages, bacon, baked beans, mushrooms, tomato, spinach and avocado. Amazing how much easier it is to resist snacking after eating protein – as outlined in this article I just read. As many of us know, not all calories are created equal!

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/20/giles-yeo-why-calories-dont-count-diet-interview?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0pYKEgyVbhDkBmOxpi_06H-7dbgk0Tge-7sQPut2vJXoA_gLnXLZaVlKg#Echobox=1624177290

I’ve just spent a frustrating 2hrs sorting out a prescription now chilling for a bit to get my head back into a zen place. I’ve blocked out today to focus on reading and writing which feels wonderful, just an evening zoom to host later. Tired and in pain so curled up back in bed with laptop. It’s cool, grey and wet today: happy summer solstice!

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Summer is here! Yesterday’s afternoon Father’s Day feast had its effect: 223 lbs this morning. Not a lot of leftovers (yay!), and this week’s 5:2 should mitigate the effects from feasting.

@michelinme Good article. I’ve been sneaking in more protein on FDs (I was surprised how few calories baked chicken has for the quantity), and so it seems fewer calories are absorbed from protein. Interesting! I’ll consider this on my NFDs, too!

Let me try to create the pocket list…and good luck to us all!

Day 21 pocket list
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @northgeorgia

Day 21 UK FD-750

Morning everyone!

I had a waver mid/late-morning this morning as I managed to get myself very wet and cold (it is raining here in the UK, lovely midsummer day weather, haha!!)
    I dreamed of having a lovely hot carb-tastic lunch to warm myself up, but I have stuck to my guns and I am going ahead with my FD.
    I managed to console myself by planning my 600-650 calorie dinner AND by putting on the heating!! Was wondering where to add in the final 50 calories…. hot miso soup!!! Perfect.

@basyjames }
    @stitchincarol }

1.Yes it was an emotional rollercoaster with the dog-missing-tearful-reunion-accident-on-floor incident! Thankfully he was here at home all along.

2. Yes, thanks very much you two – I am really pleased with myself for stopping myself from eating anything else when I had eaten the cake (whilst it is a one-off nutritional disaster!)
    I am definitely going to try to employ that tactic more often.

@flourbaby – sometimes we just need to have a little of what we really really want, don’t we?!!!! YUM!!!

Good luck to all fasters today …

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Yesterday morning, the scale said 157.4.

THAT got my attention. I still didn’t behave as well as I should have, but I behaved better than I would have had the number been lower. This morning it said 155.0. I probably had lots of sodium on Saturday, and today is still reflecting a fair amount of sodium from yesterday (need I mention all the potato chips I’ve eaten??), but I’ve definitely gained back some of those pounds I worked so hard to lose. My mojo still hasn’t returned, but at least I haven’t simply given up and given in, so I’m on the right track.

We leave tomorrow around one o’clock, after the funeral. As long as I don’t snack between meals, I believe I’ll do okay while on our trip, and snacking is easy enough to prevent when at a convention, since I’ll be in session. So, fingers crossed, I should be in decent shape when we get home July 1. Then, in July, I can get serious again about losing weight. Hopefully!!!

@michelinme Fascinating article. Like @northgeorgia, I’ve been consciously increasing protein on FDs–well, until recently, when I’ve not done anything well on FDs. I’m going to keep that thought in mind, and be more aware of my choices.

Day 21 pocket list
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

I’m slowly working my way through my to-do list of things to be accomplished before we leave. It would have been nice to leave this morning as planned, but this extra day has given us enough leisure that it feels like a vacation already. Have a great rest of June, everyone, and I’ll pop in occasionally, as I’m able.

Day 21 North Canton WFD1
    It is time for my quarterly week of WFD; I typically like to do this “reset” before we leave for our annual summer vacation. I did not do it last year because COVID, but I have found it to be very helpful “brake’ in staying mindful with my choices. This is the first year that I am doing this with OH’s understanding of my process and support, which makes a huge difference.
    @stitchincarol I feel your pain and determination. I cannot remember the wise soul who said this- but I tried it and it helped. She said when you are on a roller coaster of not being able to completing your fasts, as you seem to be; listen to your body and take a complete break – walk away for a while. The convention could be a perfect time to take the break. After a little distance from the thought and practice of fasting, you can step back into it with renewed focus, and gratitude for the practice of fasting. I am so glad that you are getting to go away for a little while; you really need it with how busy you have been lately. Have a great trip, and my condolences on the passing of your congregation.
    @northgeorgia your refrigerator’s contents are a testament to how successful you already are in this WOL, even though you are still pounds away from goal. Congratulations on getting back on track!
    @flourbaby I never got it either. That fellow is a smarty pants, and not in the best way either
    @emma Taylor, I only weigh in on Saturday morning and never after an EFS session, like you I can’t deal with those crazy daily fluctuations. Have you tried wearing an outfit that shows your progress? That is always a mood lifter for me- cos I love clothes
    @michelinme thank you for the helpful link. That was very interesting reading, and so true “ sometimes life demands a banana, and sometimes life demands a chocolate bar” what a sublime message

Day 21 pocket list
    @dvw
    @brightonbelle
    @michelinme
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames WFD1

Day 21 USA – NFD

I know it’s been eons since I checked in, but today I wanted to make this effort. I’m doing well, maintenance doing fine, and busy. Silver Sneakers this morning, then a P.E.O. meeting, followed by a dental treatment. This will be my 3rd or 4th laser treatment trying to keep my upper molars in tact.

@stitchincarol – I remember so well while DH was pastoring just how hard it could be to fully escape town. He always had someone else “on call” for emergencies and funerals, but it was never the same. Hugs to you and your DH. Have a wonderful time away, as best you can.

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply.