June 2019 challenge

This topic contains 747 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 749 total)

• Day 12 – Eastern WA USA – WFD #3

It’s a beautiful sunny day here in Eastern WA! Wish I could ship some of it to you folks in the UK. It literally brightens the day!

@basyjames – yes, the pink salt is so important; it helps replenish electrolytes. I have some from a visit to Peru I’m still using. When I finish that I have Himalayan pink at the ready. When you posted the time you’d been fasting last night, I couldn’t wrap my brain around it. Today’s number makes more sense. I’m almost at 61 hours as I write. A little more about the WFD, if you don’t feel better after salt, broth and water, you might consider breaking the fast. That’s what Dr. Fung’s site recommends. Take care of yourself. I have some homemade chicken bone broth in the freezer that I’m going to get out for just in case if I need it. It’s good to have a crutch ready.

@daffodil2010 – thanks, re my friend. I msgd her yesterday that a lot had been going on w/o a big explanation, and she has already responded in an upbeat fashion. If or when something comes up, I’ll plan to address it directly, immediately. That will take a conscious effort as I usually am a person who mulls something over rather than give an immediate response. But I believe this is what she needs, kind of like I need to hold up a mirror.

@songbirdme – that sounds so good that maintenance is going so well, even while visiting. I so look forward to that being part of my story 🙂

Pocket list for Day 12:

@johnnyr
    @funshipfreddie
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @betsylee
    @rabbette
    @annemarilyn

Day 12 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, I’m having a busy time this week but amazingly this morning I woke up to an all time low (since starting this WOL) and not by much, but still a low is a low 😃
    Have not got to read recent posts but will do so later but wishing you all the very best today… @rabbette I too have realised recently that I am a binger… But working on it… 👍👍
    We had a work event today which focussed on nutrition and had a big stand which focussed on the hidden sugars we take in…I’m back on track thankfully with cutting sugar but I must go back to marking my sugar free days on the spreadsheet…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 12 – Ireland – second post

Hi can I check that this is the current spreadsheet? I have added myself back in as couldn’t see my record and will fill out details if this is the current copy?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msk_6oZgafX6BAFHTZAVLCmk9l7iC_vXMGuCce-T3H4

Thanks all!

Third post

@annemarilyn thanks for the tips. It helps to do this with someone who has experience The broth really helped, I felt better as the day went on, I will try some pink salt – hopefully I can drink a little more before the day runs out, I haven’t drank as much as I would have liked for the day.

Will check in one last time before I call it a night; the support from this forum helps

USA Day FD

Just checking in! Another FD but doing well! That 3 lb. loss was very motivating! In the meantime, I tried to access the spreadsheet and I keep getting a message saying I have to reload! Do not know what that is all about!

Day 13 (already?!), Canberra, FD

Another FD today.

@rabbette – no shame at all. As you say, now that you recognise you have a bingeing aspect to you, you can do something about it. Recognition is often the hardest step! And thanks for the link to the fancy symbols but when I cut and paste into word, they just turn into boring numbers. What’s the trick?

Stick with it @ktcaroline.

Thanks for that tough talk, @johnnyr. You’re right – the very fact everyone is posting and checking in is a sign of progress and mindfulness. Everyone: give yourself a pat on the back!

Congrats for hitting maintenance @therealwil78.

Noting your smiley face @jaifiam, I assume your all time low was on the scales, and not your mood!

Sorry to all those whose posts I’ve not commented on – I read them all I promise but am short on time.

Pocket list for day 13:
    @penz

Day 12 second post

@jaifaim the spreadsheet link is below – (3rd iteration this month after early issues) Hopefully your up to date details are still on this one?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msk_6oZgafX6BAFHTZAVLCmk9l7iC_vXMGuCce-T3H4/edit#gid=0

Day 13 California FD

Posting early for tomorrow as I have an extremely late work night tonight so won’t be good for much tomorrow.

My fast days lately have been really strange in that I haven’t really gotten hungry at all. Not sure if I’m losing any weight but I suppose I will find out on Friday.

Hope you are all doing well.

Pocket list day 13
    @penz
    @rafiki44

Still day 12 –

@basyjames – how are you doing? I was having a tough time a bit ago. Doing a little better now. Sipping some iced coffee. Only thing is I added some liquid stevia to the coffee. If I’m a purist, I shouldn’t add sweetner. But it’s helping me through.
    Knowing we’re doing this together is keeping me going tonight.

Day 12, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Another late check in! Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Have a good Thursday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s been raining solidly for about 12 hours now and still it RAINS… I’m off to work shortly. I DO hope it’s stopped by the time I go out on delivery. We’ve had the most terrible weather here for several days now.
    @annemarilyn: How’s it going? Sounds as if you’ve done fantastically well to me.
    @rabbette: and all other bingers out there; join the club! It’s a hard thing to break, not sure what the answer is.
    Must go now, see you later and have a good day xx

Day 13 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Quick check in, FD’s have been going fine, other days have been mixed. Struggling to stay completely sugar free, but making mostly healthy choices.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 13 – Ireland – NFD or CD

Hi all, another good NFD yesterday and that’s good as I have a busy weekend ahead…
    Thanks @michelinme!! that’s the one I found most recently… my row had disappeared but will track back to end May and find the detail… not great at remembering the details of geins and losses without it…
    Yep @penz a weight loss thankfully – have a lot of stuff going on at the mo so very happy that this aspect of life is going good right now 👍😃 it’s the small things
    @annemarilyn and @basyjames (and others who WFD) I cannot even contemplate a one day WFD so sending you all my respect right now…. amazing 👏
    Good luck to all the fasters today!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

My 3rd FD this week. Motivated as I read the posts. Was feeling hungry there as I sip my coffee but I just know if I have somethings now the dragon will be niggling me all day. So will have more green tea and water when I get to work.

I do have some stock cubes in work so if it gets bad I will break one up into hot water for a quick brothy drink to get me over. Spinach omelette I think for my meal tonight and early to bed.

Day 13 of the 30 day shred completed. I can see abs forming, and almost saw a hint of a rib 😄
    Yesterday’s NFD went fine, tiny blip when I got home and saw a small box of Cadburys Roses. My stepdaughter and granddaughter had been visiting DH earlier and must have left it behind. I took a handful of choc and munched whilst catching up on my Gardeners World programme on TV. Felt stuffed going to bed though…might explain the hunger now as sugar dragon lurks.

As for the weather? Argh. Ok, we don’t have the vortex of rain that GB has, but it’s COLD…raw and biting northeast winds, plus drizzly winds…Summer, where are you at?

@jaifaim I saw your name on the sheet so you are there. Fantastic about the new low. Well done.

@annemarilyn I throw a little pink salt into some of my water bottles that I bring to work, just a little, but I find it works. Perhaps my huge water intake of at least 3.5l a day meant I was washing my natural salts away? I feel better, always, after a smidge of salt, so thanks for the tip.

@johhnyR completely agree that once we are posting and checking in we are not checking out of this WOL and means we are mindful. Let’s keep it up.

Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010

Day 13 – manchester England – FD

Hi all. I’m hanging on in here by the skin of my teeth! I will definitely come back to read all the posts later on. Going for intense fast day effort today. Feeling positive. Good luck everyone!

Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Still no change after two FDs this week. I knew it was going to be tough to shift the last kilo & a half. So, a mindful NFD today, followed by another FD tomorrow. Focusing on the benefits of this WOL other than weight loss.

I was wondering what the vertical lines on my abdomen were that have appeared over the last few weeks. Apparently they’re called ‘external obliques’!😀

Day 13 – Reading, UK – CD

I’m hanging on in there – despite not being in the mood for fasting. As @ciren2 said – the weather is just terrible, and all I want to do is eat toast. But will behave, and thanks @penz for the encouragement. Somehow its reassuring to hear that others struggle too. At one point I thought you all just sailed through your FDs without a care in the world. But its hard, whichever way you look at it. Anyway, a good night’s sleep always helps, and yoga tonight, so here’s to a good control day.

Day 13 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Gritting my teeth and continuing to count and log calories in a determined attempt to get back to goal weight by the end of June. Once I get back to goal I will need a better plan to stay there…..the pounds crept back despite 2 weekly FDs because my NFDs became too relaxed.
    Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear

Strength in numbers, have a good day fellow fasters 🤗

Day 13, London, UK, FD

Another successful FD under my belt yesterday, it turned into OMAD as the dragon didn’t roar until 5pm just as I left work, salad & broth for dinner at 500cals left me a bit stuffed!!! Today, I’m determined to have my salad at 3pm then broth for dinner at 6:30. I DO NOT need the OMAD plateau!!!

@rabbette, you couldn’t put a family or multi-pack of Wotsits anywhere near me or the binging tendencies return with a vengeance …………………….. we all have our triggers!!!

@jaifaim, congratulations on the ATL, I’m a ‘wee’ bit above my all time low………….. sigh!! But at least I’m sticking to this WOL otherwise there would be NO hope of ever seeing it again!!!

@ciren2, I really hope this @*#% weather holds off until you’ve finished your round!!!! It’s starting to bug me now!!!!

LOL, @ktcaroline ……………………… “At one point I thought you all just sailed through your FDs without a care in the world” ……………… If only!!! I do find them 100% easier than a NFD, the discipline of 500cals suits my personality, but there are the odd days when I struggle & hurl myself off of the wagon for NO reason whatsoever!!!!

Have a great day everyone, whether FD, NFD or CD, we’ve got this, just keep the faith and just drink some water!!!!!!!

Day 13 UK FD

Good morning all from the UK. Pleased to see so many adding themselves to the Pocket Lust 🙂

So last night was my first mini disaster. A glass of wine and a few choccies bounced me well over 800 Kcal. I was doing well until about 5.30pm when the hunger pangs really got to me for once. But not to worry, eh? it was still a goodish 16/8 day, just with a few too many carbs. Red wine has far fewer carbs than beer though, so I am off the beer midweek and limiting myself at weekends. Red wine is nice too though 🙂 But after football with my mates they are having a right old chuckle at my expense.

Back on the 800kcal OMAD today. I haven’t seen my ribs or obliques for a while now. Or abs. It’d be nice to. So I am inspired. That is now one of my goals. According to a radio programme I caught yesterday (BBC Radio 4, All in the Mind) apparently goal setting and being organised is far better than willpower. Also seeing yourself as something (e.g. a healthy eater, or a dieter, or a faster) rather than just trying to lose weight is much more effective. So my friends I am a happy faster, and a healthy eater and a runner!

Sermon over for the day. 🙂

End of week benchmark weigh-in tomorrow morning (Yikes!!)

Good luck all…

Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr

Day 13 – UK – FD
    Day 11-12 – NFD

Apologies for not posting since Day 10 – all OK just busy…….and have to admit that Day 10 ended up as FD800 – not what I had planned but I’ll take it! Going for my 2nd FD this week, and it will be a 500cal one

Lots of rain but thankfully nowhere as bad as down south , certainly no flooding with dry periods in between and even some sunshine……

@annemarilyn – was sad to read your experience with your friend – lots of sage advice given and I’m sure you will work out what is best for you and whether this friendship is worth keeping going 🤗
    @penz – the traybake did go down well much to my relief as I had increased the quantities by half to ensure we had enough to go round 😋
    @funshipfreddie – great news on your BP!
    @songbirdme – I think you confused me with @annemarilyn
    @rabbette – you are not alone – we all fall into that particular hole once in a while – RESET is definitely the best way forward
    @ktcaroline – stick with the challenge and read the posts to help you find your motivation mojo back xx
    @jaifaim – you are on the right spreadsheet 😊
    @ccco are you using the right link for the spreadsheet – hope you can access???
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1msk_6oZgafX6BAFHTZAVLCmk9l7iC_vXMGuCce-T3H4/edit#gid=0
    @annemarilyn and @basyjames – great job on those WFD 💪
    @aglowworm – keep hanging on……..you can do this x

Went to my regular Thursday AM Aerobic class or Happy Hour class as our teacher calls it – felt energised and came straight home avoiding that regular flat white and did some housework, then shower and caught up on here before heading out for a haircut and colour soon – hoping to stick to water all day until my planned evening meal of some yummy scallops with butternut squash puree and crispy sage leaves and 🤞I stay on that 500cal limit!

Adding myself to the Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr
    @at

“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts. But because she continued on despite them.”

Day 13 – Iceland – FD

@basyjames and @annemarilyn – well done on your 60+ h water fasts!
    @snowflake – we can do it!
    @penz – I had to laugh at PFDS 🙂
    @jaifaim – happy new low!

Adding myself to the Day 13 Pocket Lust 😉
    @penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr
    @at
    @borealis

Day 13 Melb Aust CD

Good CD, around 1200 cals, so I’m a happy camper at the moment. FD800 again tomorrow, and we’ll see what the Saturday weigh-in brings. Glad everyone is hanging in there, even if for some “only by the skin of your teeth”. Better than giving up!

Day 13-Fort Lauderdale-USA

On vacay in Florida for the week. Didn’t have a FD yesterday. Kinda just let loose. Gonna stick to my guns today though. Headed to the gym then the pool and beach. Wish me luck guys!

USA Day 13 FD

Just checking in! Still can’t access the spreadsheet. It still tells me to reload but doesn’t let me. AT, I used the link you gave me, so it just might be my computer!

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr
    @at
    @borealis
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 13 USA (travel to Illinois) NFD

It’s been a great week with DD and GD’s here in Utah. They’ve really had summer sun for me! Looks like Illinois will be cool as it has been this spring/early summer.

I’m just happy to have stayed at maintenance this trip with good cooks here always treating me. Hopefully I can be more active here on the forum once I get home to more normal schedule.

Onward and downward.

Day 13 UK FD

Challenging day today – tech issues (grrrrr!), tired 🙁 and tempted!!! WFH FDs always a struggle unless busy….and today I’ve got so many competing deadlines I don’t want to do anything at all!

Trying to vary my usual OMAD FD to keep my body from getting complacent…and stodgy 🙂 Big big mistake to have rare bowl of oats last night for a speedy supper – I’m v puffy and as thirsty as a dried out sponge 🙁 Live and learn – eventually!

Thus far I’ve had lunchtime baby banana, teatime apple with peanut butter and a black coffee – plus almost 2l fizzy water but clearly not enough yet. Time for buckets of water with elderberry vinegar and some hot salty vegemite drinks 🙂 Onwards! What doesn’t fit into today will roll into tomorrow, hopefully. And I’ve just arranged annual trip to Devon to stay with my lovely friend next month, definitely something to look forward to!

@annemarilyn @basyjames shout out for your epic WFDs – go you!
    @jaifaim congrats on your ATL – that’s an amazing achievement 🙂 x
    @johnnyr we all fall off the waggon – it’s the getting back on that counts!

Adding myself to the pocket list.

@penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr
    @at
    @borealis
    @ccco
    @michelinme

back to the grindstone… stay strong fellow fasters! Every good choice makes a difference 🙂

Well, it’s STILL raining! 24 hours now…my waterproofs, as supplied by Royal Mail, are not up to continuous rain, which hardly helps with morale.
    @songbirdme: lovely to have your family around you. Good weather, and staying on target with maintenance.
    @missybear: Good luck with losing those pounds.

@ciren2 – hope you’re able to dry out and get warmed up!! Thanks for your kind remarks…

Day 13 – Eastern WA USA – FD finish

The plan is to break the 90+ hour fast when I go out with a friend for supper. Won’t quite be 96 @basyjames although I’m trying to get the meal as late as I can. @ciren2 I was a little weak feeling this morning at hour 85, even after a pinch of pink salt under the tongue and my mug of warm water with ACV and juice of 1/2 a lime. So I added some heavy cream to my coffee – tis a good fat so shouldn’t make the insulin go up. It’s important to listen to our bodies on the water fasting. How are you doing @basyjames?

@ktcaroline – yes, all FDs aren’t the same. Some are easy, others a little tougher. Because I don’t eat on most of my fast days, I find that how I eat leading up to the fast is important. If I eat low carb, moderate protein and some healthy fat the day before, the FD usually goes well. It sets my body up to burn its own fat even, rather than the glucose from too many carbs.

@at – when you say “crisp sage”, what does that entail? I’ve planted some herbs in pots on my patio, including sage. I want to get better at using herbs.

Day 13 Pocket List:

@penz
    @rafiki44
    @gretta
    @daffodil2010
    @aglowworm
    @missybear
    @johnnyr
    @at
    @borealis
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn

“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts. But because she continued on despite them.” Thanks for that @at.

Day 13 canton OH FD

Sorry about the late post and thank you @annemarilyn for checking on me. The salt was very helpful but I think I used it too late and I had to terminate my fast at 72 hours because of the symptoms I was experiencing, dizziness and elevated HR.

I feel much better this morning though and so far I have been so busy that it has been a fast day . A deadline kept me from posting earlier and now I have to run, I will check in later today.

Day 13, VA, USA, NFD

I decided breakfast would be just sautéed onions, squash and broccoli and a bit of fresh grated cheese. It was delightful and satisfying.

Lunch – I was actually nervous, I could feel my body going into a bit of a panic over the whole lunch ordeal (that when my last binge happened) but I took a deep breath and heated up some of my homemade bean chili.

I had decided to have a bit of the buttery type cracker with it *and instead of eating a WHOLE sleeve of them which is more than likely what I would have done. I read the side of the box, I saw how many was in a serving, it said 9 I counted how many that was and then added 6 more. I guesstimated it was just a bit over 200 calories for the amount of crackers I was having. The homemade beans were only about 150 cal. I was amused the crackers I wanted with it was actually MORE than the beans, but I carried on.

I ate more mindfully (which is not my forte) I have noticed I really don’t care for the texture of most food, as it actually *for what ever reason feels like it kinda burns my tongue. Odd I know, but thats how it is for me.

I ate steady pace and had 3 crackers leftover that I PUT AWAY *yay ME!

Yay PROGRESS!

– – – I was feeling a bit worried about eating the rest of the day since I got up. I felt so bad about what I did I almost didn’t want to eat, but thats not a healthy mindset and in order to change, we have to be brave.

@jaifaim, @ciren2, @flourbaby – we know we are not alone. Small steps. I’m seeing and then thinking how can I have a better approach. I decided NO snacking while heating up the food (for that seemed to have really tossed out all of my control and didn’t make me appreciate my food when it was done.) So taking time to notice what is the trigger. And when I feel it, pause and work with it. NOT feed it!

@basyjames – yes the pink salt is my go-to, then I’ll have broth AND I always keep the idea open to have broth with veggies if I need to break my fast.

@penz – ah you type up your post in word? You will need to change the format to just be a txt file. I use a text app – its called “TextEdit”. I think for windows – it comes with something called Notepad. You could use that.
    Otherwise the OTHER way to do it… is in word put a ________________________________ BLANK or some way to remember that… thats the spot you want fancy txt. AFTER you place your text into the Fasting forum box….(don’t submit yet…) Go over to https://coolsymbol.com/text-decoration.html put your “fancy txt words” in…. Click the copy button and then paste into your blank spot…. I’m pasting mine here
    ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ᖴᗩᑎᑕƳ 丅ᗴ᙭丅 ᗯᗝᖇᗪᔕ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
    so you can still see my BLANK !

@ktcaroline – Some FDs are easier (and then a hard one sneaks up!) so don’t get discouraged. Celebrate those days that you have already did it and you know you CAN do it again!

@missybear – I feel your pain, I know my NFD may bite me in the butt and maintaining is just as much of a challenge. You can do it!

@johnnyr – “apparently goal setting and being organised is far better than willpower.” Meal planning (even just having a loose idea for the week) does help me a lot! I also read that Willpower should be seen more like a muscle. The more we Flex it, the easier it becomes to use it again.

@at – Yay for ReSets!

@michelinme – I can not have a bowl of oats, like hardly ever, they ALWAYS leave me sooooooo hungry about an hour to two hours later. I can have them in stuff like if I make a oat bread/ oat, banana, chip cookie. LOVE that recipe only those 3 ingredients. But Oats made with milk or water nope it will leave some kind of VORTEX or BLACK HOLE in my stomach.

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐭, 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐭. °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸

2nd post: FD is going well so far and we’re nearly done, so I’m really pleased that I have managed a successful fast after failing dismally in recent times. How are all my other fellow fasters doing? We have a good pocket list going today 🙂

@ciren2, @daffodil2010, @ktcaroline, @flourbaby – this cold and rainy weather is SO miserable, isn’t it?! *sigh* It’s really getting me down.

Despite the weather, I went into the city centre today to get my hair did and to shop for some new tops that I was really in need of. I generally *hate* shopping, but I had quite a nice time today – it helps when you’re not in a rush, I have discovered!

Tonight, I’m trying to get a job application completed and I really hate job applications! But at least it is keeping me out of the kitchen!

Keep going fasters. We’re almost there!

Day 13 London nfd

I like the idea that goal setting g and organisation being more powerful than willpower…it rings true for me

I’m down to 174.8 which is 10lbs lost!!
    Today was a 2000 cal day 🙁 but fd tomo!

Well done everyone…

2nd post –

@basyjames – sorry to hear things didn’t quite get synchronized for the salt. I’ve heard of people using something like a pill box of salt to take with them when away from home. Maybe in the future.
    You say you’re fasting again today. What type of a fast? One thing is important is to feed enough as well. A rule of thumb is to refeed as long as one fasted with at least 2 meals a day.
    For me, I’ll be doing TRE the rest of the week with an eating window of 18:6 or 16:8.

Day 9 – Japan – NFD
    Day 10 – Japan – WFD #42
    Day 11 – Japan – NFD
    Day 12 – Japan – NFD
    Day 13 – Japan – NFD
    Day 14 – Japan – WFD #43

Been really busy. Once I eat in a day I’m weak, but yesterday it really hit me how much time eating takes up!

Day 12, UK, NFD
    Day 13, NFD

Today was supposed to be an FD, and I was doing well until dinner time when I ate today and tomorrow’s dinner… Literally.
    Didn’t eat anything unhealthy, I simply just ate a lot for dinner.

I know what caused it. Felt REALLY tired all day at work (late night, slept less than 6h), had a silly argument with OH when I got home, felt too tired to go to the gym, been cold all day long…

I should know by now my triggers for comfort eating (not just one, but three or four triggers! C’mon G, you know better than this).

Still, I’m proud I didn’t go for the sugary treats or the crisps.

So my FD has been postponed for tomorrow.

Hoping to weigh myself on saturday and see the scales on the lower side of 65kg. Would love to see a 64, but I doubt that will happen, I’ve been too indulging. Still a long wait to go until I see any sort of abdominal 6 pack – been missing since my teenage years.

Will catch up with you tomorrow x

Second post

I was a bit rushed earlier and couldn’t post my thoughts. I broke my fast yesterday with a cream cheese omelet and cashews.

I planned to eat today, but I was so busy I couldn’t make it to the cafeteria to get a nice meal. I will happily make up for it tomorrow 🙂

Day 13, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

A new adventure is about to begin: Tomorrow my DH and I will be meeting an Australian cattle dog/ blue heeler mix, his name is Zorro, about 2 years old and resides in the south of the state at a shelter. We like to adopt him, papers are in and we were approved by the shelter. Now we hope Zorro likes us. It is exciting and stressful at the same time. Please keep your fingers crossed that we come home with a new family member!❤🐕❤

Healthy food so far today (chicken, veggies, salad) except there is a cream cheese cake Kringle in the fridge. Trader Joe’s fault!😅😂🤪 But I will stay within my 800 cals allowance!😊😊😊

Way to go @annemarilyn, @basyjames. Wow!😊😊😊

@at: Your yoga retreat in Greece sounds heavenly! 🧘‍♀️🌅🏖

Have a good evening/morning everyone! All the best to all of you! ⚘⚘⚘⚘⚘

Day 14, Canberra, NFD
    No PFDS for me today. I am hitting the reset button today. I finished off a packet of salt & vinegar chips (my fave) and (sorry @flourbaby) had a spoonful of PB. Topped off with a glass or two of wine. Can’t even call that an 800 cal FD. (I hear you @johnnyr!)

I feel for you @ciren2, drudging around in the rain, especially when you’re in pain.

I must remember to bring some stock cubes into work – thanks for the reminder @daffodil2010. And what’s a “rib”? Kidding – I’ve not seen mine since. Well, forever it seems. I miss my hipbones too. Amazing what parts of our anatomy can be revealed through this WOL. I’m looking forward to discovering if I have any external obliques like @funshipfreddie!

Sometimes, just sometimes a FD is cruisingly easy. But rest assured @ktcaroline, I think ALL of us are challenged at some point or another. Even those in maintenance need to remain mindful every day.
    We might need a new acronym to describe RNFD – relaxed NFDs, @missybear. At least you’ve identified what you need to concentrate on.

I must look out for that All in the Mind episode. @johnnyr – we have a similar program on the Australian Broadcasting Corp radio – they might even borrow the same interviews. Shall we all create new definitions of ourselves? I can’t come up with something now, but I will ponder it over the weekend.

Thank you both @at and @michelinme for looking after the spreadsheets. I now dub thee Co-Hosts!

Thanks for the link @songbirdme. I like the comment that “Choosing intermittent fasting over more traditional calorie restriction comes down to individual preference and biology.” For me, OMAD works. I’ve never been hungry in the morning and forced myself for years to eat breakfast because I bought into that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day” mantra. Until I realized I was consuming all these extra calories that I didn’t need. As the blog concludes “Listen to your body, and pick the plan that works for you.”

Congrats @basyjames and @annemarilyn for your epic long fasts. Even if you were a few hours short of your goals, it’s still an amazing achievement.

Yay you @rabbette! I bet putting those crackers back made you feel really powerful. Thanks for your instructions about the fancy text edit but I just cannot get it to work. I typed up my post in Notepad but it’s not cooperating. I blame work’s IT system! I’ll try again at home (on my more friendly computer).

What’s the job you’re applying for @aglowworm? – good luck with the application.

@RedRockGir302! I’ve owned Aus Cattle Dog for decades – best breed in the world (IMHO). Hope you and Zorro bond and you have fabulous blue-dog time.

Day 13 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 12 — NFD (88 bites)

So far the MFD has gone well, but I’m feeling rather chilly at the moment. It could possibly be due to the weather today which has been around 50 F (10 C) with a steady rain and 30-40 mph wind. After writing this, I’m thinking of a nice hot shower.

Yesterday, and many of the recent NFD’s have seen me eat more than what’s needed to lose weight. I guess that’s part of recovering from all of the stress of April and May. During the day my activity sees me through, but as I’m winding down for the day, around 8 or 9 pm, the house just seems so quiet and empty — and then I hit the cupboard. Even though I understand what’s happening, and the probable reason why, I don’t seem to keep away from that cupboard. I’m hoping that as I recover, the nighttime cupboard raids will drop down to zero, where they were for most of this year.

@redrockgirl302 Good luck with the new pup! And I hope the bonding goes well!

@georgia83 Hope your FD goes well! When triggers come up, it helps to be gentle with ourselves, and to focus on the next step forward. Just what you’re doing!

Well, time for that hot shower!

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Just a quick check-in before work. STILL raining by the way…postie’s nightmare week!

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

So three FD’s completed this week…..and I actually GAINED weight this morning 😨😆😆. This body of mine throws nothing but curve balls at me 😆

Ok, so at risk of TMI, I haven’t “been” in a while, plus blinking TOM due ( When will it ever end)…..oh, and ok, there were some walnuts and cashews last night……so anyhow, take it on the chin and move on.

By the way, was it you @flourbaby who said cashews are natures sedative? I took a small handful with a small glass of kefir before bed last night, and slept undisturbed all night long!!! I am a light sleeper, and especially now with it being light at bed time and light by 4.30am I do find it hard to sleep continuously (yes, even though I use MO). So I am lovely and rested today.

Day 14 of shred done. I used to do it when I came home from work but found it difficult after a long day. I am an early bird anyway, so I have switched my shred to early morning (5.45am anyone 😉) and it works for me. I am better at the moves and feel marvellous afterwards. And even better that I don’t have to it in the evening….its DONE!

@ciren2 my goodness you really have it this week with the rain. Not raining here now but forecast for later but we have just had normal rain thus past week. I hope it doesn’t rain though as we plan to put up our awning on the camper van which will entail me on the roof helping DH and my step-son guide it into place. It weighs over 20k!! So rain will stop that plan 😀

@funshipfreddie and @johnnyr……I think an oblique might be starting to show on me…..though there is too much wobbly middle aged spread for my liking I am determined to get something vaguely Ab-Tastic back!

@penz.havent seen my ribs since the 90’s..even when I was slim I was still well covered 😀

Have a great Friday everyone. Loving this group and the international fun.

Oh and @redrockgirl302 wishing you the best bonding time with Zorro

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Yesterday’s mindful NFD turned out to be anything but. I really need to remind myself that ‘F’ = feed, & not feast! So, FD #3 today. Tomorrow I’ll be happy if I see no weight gain, and will just write off this week as a pause as I head towards my goal. To anyone else feeling a little despondent today, we’re barely halfway through the month! We can accomplish a lot in 17 days! 🏋️‍♂️

I was just reading about the horrendous weather you’re having in the UK?! Double the usual amount of rain for June fell in just a few days! I feel for you, I really do. But some good news at least, according to the morning paper – ‘with better weather on the horizon in the coming weeks, a flaming June is still on the cards’. 🌞

@prina39 – well done on the 10lb loss!!

@songbirdme – thank you for the link to the mfp article.

Good luck to today’s fasters! 🍎

Day 14 Herefordshire U.K. FD
    Day 9-13 NFD
    I’ve been absent from here this week but fasting today and tomorrow. Apology post reading has suffered as well so I’m not on the same page as you all so hope you don’t mind me rewinding a bit…

@snowflake56 – you are very adventurous with your colour schemes I love your grapefruit colour, what a wonderful burst of sunshine. Are you artistic? My old neighbour who was an artist used a wonderful colour pallet through out her house that worked so well, she loved bold colours and Art Deco wallpapers and filled her beautiful Edwardian home with them.

@at – thanks for the link to imgur.

@ciren2 – leaking waterproofs, poor you, big sympathies.

Best wishes to all and good luck fellow fasters.
    Ta

Day 14 Pocket List
    @funshipfreddie
    @dingping

Day 14 Dublin FD

Sorry for not posting for a few days. Life’s been a bit hectic.
    I’m in Dublin for a couple of days staying with YS who always looks after us so well. We spent Wednesday afternoon and yesterday during the day helping OS move into his new home (a small lump in throat cos they’ve now both officially flitted the nest for good. I’m happy for them though cos they’ve got great girls)
    Well the rain clouds dried up for last night’s Fleetwood Mac concert- truly amazing evening was had by all. Home this morning and a sensible weekend ahead.
    @annemarilyn – I guess your response is really driven by what you want from this relationship. True friendship is a blessed thing and should be mutually beneficial. It nourishes the soul. This one sounds toxic to me. If you hope to continue seeing her, then you should really try to sort out the dynamics in your relationship. However, I agree with @rabette, @prina39 and others. Distance will give you time and space to expand your horizons and ‘I’m busy just now’ means you avoid hurting her feelings. I was in a similar position once but am all the better for moving on. It’s a hard one.
    @funshipfreddie – great news about the blood pressure!
    @michelinme – so lovely to read about those 38lbs despatched and the new tops. Nothing like a size 10 for raising the spirits!
    @rabette – I’m like that with jelly sweets so I just don’t buy them (well mostly😜) i find being busy the best cure, although herbal tea or the likes can take the edge away. Wise words from@Daffodil. Now you know the dragon’s name it’s easier to fight!
    @at yoga is Greece – mmm! I’m off to Ibiza in October for the very same reason. Enjoy!
    @Redrockgirl – a new puppy! How lovely!
    Starting today’s pocket list

@funshipfreddie
    @debster251
    @dingping

Have a good day everyone

Day 14- Reading UK – CD

Thank you to everyone who has sent encouragement. I’m not at all sure why I’ve lost my fasting mojo, but I’ll just keep coming back until it returns. In the meantime, I’m trying to learn how to eat properly, ie not overeating on non-fasting days. That seems like a big enough challenge in itself. So onwards and downwards, and everyone keep your fingers crossed that this rain stops soon. We need to look after our Posties!

Day 14, London, UK, NFD

Day 14!!! I’ve no idea where the month is going, I know as we get older, our perception of time speeds up, but I’m pretty sure this challenge only started yesterday!!!!

@redrockgirl302, I hope you and Zorro have an instant & everlasting bond!!! Soooo jealous!!

@ciren2, you have nothing but understanding from me, I used to work on site (Civil engineer) and these weeks of continuous, steady, persistent rain would drive me insane!!!

@daffodil2010, Dr Saul calls cashews ‘Natures Prozac’ and as long as you don’t eat the entire pack, they have very little effect on weight loss ………………. When I really CANNOT close that kitchen door, a handful of cashews does the trick without completely derailing the FD!! Hmmm……… 5:45 a.m shred? Let me think about that ……………………..……….. errm, NO!!!!

@funshipfreddie, that reduced BP is enough to boost your mojo, if not…………….. I’m sending you some of mine!!! Don’t let those pesky NFDs sabotage the good work of a FD!!

Many Thanks @debster251 …………………… I’ve just scratched the wine gums from todays’ shopping list ……………. What was I thinking ……………………Oh, I know ……………..’You’ve had 3 successful FDs this week, time to treat yourself, they’re on special offer, and you ARE special, go on, you deserve it, you really, really do’ ……………….Doh!!!!

@ktcaroline ………………….. mojo winging its way to you too!!! Stay strong!!

Happy Friday fasting everyone indulging in Pocket Lust!!!! That does NOT sound right!!………………. but I like it!!!

Day 14 UK FD

Ding, Ding! Final bout of fasting until the weekend, which starts at 5.30pm. Trying for water/peppermint tea only until then.

Weigh-in this week is 82.6kg. 4kg down since I re-started the fasting thing in the final couple of weeks of May. But I think I need to change things a bit by adding more exercise in. This week I’ve been resting the poorly calf muscle (unbelievably frustrating, particularly as photos of me and friends completing a 10k are flashing up on my laptop as I write). I’m going to start cyclng tomorrow morning and start the 100 press ups a day for 30 days challenge. Let’s see how that goes :). I’ve been too sedentary this week and think my metabolism needs the extra kick that exercise gives it.

Take care fasters. Run away from the carbs and don’t let them catch you. There are always more around at weekends.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 749 total)

You must be logged in to reply.