June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2018 Monthly Challenge – Hello Summer!!!

This topic contains 933 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 938 total)

• Day 12 USA (Illinois) FD

Hope to make today an 800 calorie day – still have some leftovers to eat up from the weekend.

Onward and downward.

Day 12 UK NFD

@shinything I know exactly what you mean as I also found yesterday’s fast day really hard for some reason. I just couldn’t stop thinking about food and was hungry all Day. But I did manage to only eat 490 cals.

Fast day again tomorrow. Hopefully it won’t be so hard. 🤞

hello all day 12 NI FD

Pocket List for Day 12 – Lets do this! Together we are strong!
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @borealis
    @coda

Lovely weekend in Galway, yoga workshop and a brief (very) dip in leg numbingly cold Galway Bay. My intended fast day yesterday was derailed by a work colleague bringing in cake from his sons first birthday party – willpower went out the window but just had a slice of sourdough toasted with 2 poached egg in the evening. He brought more in today but feeling stronger and have resisted. Yoga class and game of squash against my son tonight. I’ll check out those Youtube yoga classes recommended as I quickly scanned the posts. I need to find something to practice at home as one class a week won’t progress me much. Have a good day all x

Day 12 North Canton FD

This does not happen very often but my FD from yesterday, did not go as planned. Usually I have a cup of coffee with one tub of creamer and then a meal when I get home. But OH and I had a nasty disagreement over the weekend and we decided to get together for lunch to clear the air. I figured one day off would not kill me, so I went for it and had a burger and fries. When I got home, my daughter was baking brownies so I decided to bake an almond flour cake, ate half of it and was up all night with a tummy ache! So reset button set and I am trying again today – and hungry 🙁 I have already resisted the impulse to chuck my FD and get a Mcmuffin ( go me!) from past experience I have learned that when I deviate even a little bit from my routine, my body thinks it’s a license to tear up the script and go hay wire – well not any more; I did not get this far to only get this far!

@borealis you go! Congrats what an awesome feeling!!
    @rainbowsmile good luck with your exams, you will ace it I am sure
    @debster251 congrats on the shrinking fat suit
    @annamriav you have come to the best possible place. You will find no shortage of encouragement here and I will echo @debster in saying that fasting does get easier over time and it becomes a way of life.

@lorky35 I have been where you are and I promise you that you will lose the weight; but you have to give your self time. You did not gain the weight in 2 weeks and if you lose it in 2 weeks, odds are you will gain it back again. The journey is important (I think) because you learn from past mistakes, your mindset changes, and you can begin to build better, healthier habits that will sustain over the course of your life. In the meantime, be kind to yourself, lose the shorts if they are getting you down and spend some time with people that make you happy. You will get there; and stay there but it takes time 🙂

Pocket List for Day 12 – good luck all!
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @borealis
    @basyjames

USA Day 12 NFD

Just a quick check in before I am out the door! Have a great day everyone!

Day 12 NFD Dublin Ireland

Feeling slightly deflated today (and not due to losing weight!)
    Yesterday I was ecstatic realizing I had not gained any weight over the weekend, I think in all my years it might of been a first! But this morning after a FD the scales didn’t move, zip… nada!
    So now I quite literally could eat the world and every savoury snack it contains.
    I really wish my mood wasn’t dependent on the number I see on the scales in the morning. Should I attempt a weekly weigh in instead? I just find it impossible to resist checking my weight in the mornings. Any one in a similar predicament? any advice is greatly received…

Day 12, FD, US

Yesterday’s LFD went well. I successfully resisted the donuts that some (un)kind person had brought in to the office to share, and I didn’t even dip into the peanut butter jar last night! Another FD planned today – I do find the second day in a row easier than the first.

Hi Louiseo46 – the scales, as others have mentioned, can be your worst enemy at times. I try not to define myself by a mere number, and go by how I feel and, for me more importantly, how my clothes fit. I know from weighing myself multiple times a week that my weight can bounce up and down by 2 kilos. I am NOT putting on 2 kilos in fat, and losing that same 2 kilos in less than a week! I put those fluctuations down to water retention, whether I’ve just eaten, had a shower (with kilos of weight hair weighing my head down!!) or exercised etc. Perhaps you could try weighing just once a week (same time of day) or if, that’s too hard to resist, get really scientific in charting those ups and downs that you’ll see by weighing daily. You might then see a pattern and better understand your body. Someone here on the forum (sorry, cant remember who first mentioned it) uses an app called Happy Scale which helps smooth out those minor ups and downs so you can get a better sense of your actual progress. Just find what works for you. Good luck!!

Day 12, Cornwall UK, NFD

@louiseo46 – I am a weekly weigher as I can’t ride the ups and downs of daily weighing. MY OH weighs himself about 4 times a day! So you have to find your happy place. I also measure once a week and then if the scales havn’t moved, the tape measure often has, and vice versa and I feel happy either way! I can get a bit grouchy on Thursdays which are not only a fast day, but the DAY BEFORE the big weigh-in and I am always convinced I havn’t lost anything!

Day 12 UK CD

Good enough FD yesterday at c620 calories, and somehow the scales had leapt up Again to 155lbs! Good thing I’m ignoring them and plodding along a la tor-twah 🙂

Delighted to have had an apple to stave off hunger while out for haircut. Once home I resisted the call of the bread and made a quick & crunchy salad with cottage cheese. Now feeling satisfied but not stuffed or puffed, and ready to crack on with a few hours of project work.

So glad I spent the time planning yesterday! Now feeling amazingly organised & back in the swing with tasks broken down by project and priorities, appt schedule and list of priorities for this week with future weeks lists ready to complete as I go. The list which seemed impossible is suddenly possible because I can let go once it’s out of my head. For balance, there are lists for home, health & happiness – admin, appts, daily routines and social things, as well as my need for soul space eg days out each month. Feeling freer & empowered – now I just need to get on with the work!!

@shinything my annual pre-birthday haircut is one of two annual haircuts – I have another pre-Christmas. I have red curly hair which grows from nape of neck to mid-back before getting pruned again. I’m a great fan of instant buns and Jane Austen-style hair so if it’s too short to put up, it’s too short for me! I was just wondering about having shorter hair now I’ve lost weight and am less round-faced but remembered when I had v short hair it cut the curl off and just stuck out out like Strewlpeter 🙂 I’ve been saying for the last 20 years, when I get too old I’ll have it cut short, but clearly not got there yet. And it would need cutting more often, which would cost more…

Together we are stronger!

Day 12 second post

@borealis congratulations – well done done on that amazing shrinkage!!!

@louiseo46 the body loves us eating more healthily and will show its love in many different ways. Sometimes it’s in scale numbers, sometimes it’s in fat-suit shrinkage, sometimes it’s in something really helpful at a cellular level that doesn’t show up in the things we are measuring. Not all progress is immediately visible, but it’s important progress nonetheless. Our bodies are in training to be healthier, fitter, happier bodies.

I know that Future Me will be very happy that I’m not too downhearted when the numbers don’t move – “rewarding” myself with things that don’t serve my goals – but instead trust myself and my wise companions that this will all pay off in the long run. This is a marathon rather than a sprint 🙂

Day 12 NFD Dublin Ireland 2nd post

@penz many thanks for your response. Today the scales is definitely my enemy and I am definitely working towards not letting them define my mood. Delighted with your advice on the app Happy Scale and it looks exactly like what I need. It’s opening line in the app description appealed to me instantly… “fluctuations during weight loss can be maddening”. I know my relationship with the scales is currently not a stable one and I think this app will help me on my journey to creating a better and more positive approach to how I view a number on the scales. It’s all part of the process! So thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

@cornish-jane I appreciate your response. I do the same as your OH I can’t resist checking the scales! I will definitely start measuring as well as weighing. Friday sounds like a good day for a weigh in, I think it’s time to move my scales to a different place (less accessible) and take it out once a week to check in. It’s the not knowing that can drive me mad but I really need to work on it and move away from the constant checking, it’s not good for me and I know that. Really appreciate your support and advice, this forum is a new lifeline to me so many thanks!

Day 12 – CD; Dublin, Ireland (2nd post)

@louiseo46 – I know how you feel! FD can be so hard and you feel like you’ve put in so much effort and then the scales just stay where they are. As the others have said, this is not something to worry about – I think unless you have a large amount of weight to shift, you will go through plateaus. I went over a week of no change in weight and then suddenly dropped 1kg overnight and been fluctuating around that weight ever since (more than a week now).

I usually weigh myself the day after FD, so twice a week, but in the past I did log my weight everyday. As @penz said, this way you can clearly see the daily fluctuations but also the overall trend.

Just take it slow and don’t get discouraged – no weight gain is still a positive result! Give it 2 or 3 more FDs and you’ll see a difference. I’ve noticed that my tummy is more flat and legs are looking more toned, some of my trousers that were uncomfortable a month ago suddenly need a belt!

We’ll get there!

@borealis – congrats on your achievement!!

Day 12 – SW WA USA – FD 800 cal

Only time to read a few posts as off to the last department mtg of the year. There will probably be treats as it’s good-bye to a couple of us; thus the hopeful 800 cal for the day.

Together we are stronger!

@daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @borealis
    @coda
    @basyjames

Day ?, Germany, FD

Thank you all again for the warm welcome.
    Which day is it for me? Day 2, because this is my second day on this challenge or day 12, because it’s 12th of June here?

This is my first FD. My last meal was yesterday at 6.30PM. I was already hungry at 9.30. Didn’t have a good night sleep, but don’t really know why. The morning wasn’t a challenge, I’m usually not hungry nor want to eat then.
    I forgot to make plans for today, so i had to think about what to give to eat to the kids and do the shopping. 😂
    Although I’ hoped that I could do a water only fast, i gave up to the cravings and ate some fruits around 2.30. That helped temporarily but i constantly craving food since then. Sipping currently on cold water.
    I can do this, but it is NOT easy.. craving food is definitely harder than hunger for me.
    ODAAT (One day at a time)

Adding myself to the pocket list – let’s all have a successful FD!
    Pocket List for Day 12 – good luck all!
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @borealis
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @annamariav

Hi @annamariav day 12 so everyone is on the same day no matter when you started or where in the world you are. Welcome x

Thanks @coda, next time I’ll do it right. 🙂

Day 12, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

@at: Happy (very) belated birthday! 🎂🍾🎈Nice that you had many celebrations!😊

@annemarilyn: Hope your stress will subside after retirement! 😊🌷🦋

Have a good Tuesday everyone! 😊😊😊

Second post

@AnnamarieV I have found that eating something sweet usually increases my cravings for food, on the other hand eating something fatty and bland has the opposite effect. When I really have to eat something I go for 1/4 avocado, 10 raw almonds or carrots with about 30 oz of water. That usually does the trick. ODAAT like you said 🙂

3rd post
    Day 12, Germany, FD

Thank you @basyjames for the tip. I will definitely buy some nuts for the next FD.

I had a carrot and some frozen grapes for dinner, and I will go to bed early since I didn’t sleep well last night.

Although I’m not intended in calorie counting, i did add the calories up (easy with some fruit and veggies). I’m around 280-300 today. I think that a pretty good start! 😎

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 12-FD Syracuse USA

Thanks @strawberriesandcream and @basyjames for your encouragement. Today is a fast day and I already feel better than I did yesterday. I think I really like the structure of fast days since I only get 500 cal and I eat in the 16:8 window. I also find it helps with emotional eating. Which is good since today has been one of those well it’s just a bad day. But I think since I’m fasting I’m just in a better mood and it’s not getting to me. I did find one pit-fall. My youngest daughter is potty-training. So, when she uses the potty she gets m and ms. And I’ve been eating them too. Maybe I should stop that….lol. I’m going to cut out soda on NFDs as well. I don’t drink a lot of it. Honestly I don’t know why I drink it-I drink about 1/4 -1/2 a can. Then just leave it there and dump it out at the end of the day. I think it’s just a habit at this point. The thing is, you can’t get rid of bad habits-you have to create new ones. So hopefully I can find new, better habits for these old bad habits.:)

Day 12 – UK – FD

Long drive back to Cumbria today but had a fab time in Suffolk ❤️ Despite much celebrations with great food, wine with lovely friends I’m hoping that I have maintained as I did mostly 20:4 days eating only once a day – the scales will reveal all tomorrow……..

Had an odd FD – when I stopped halfway on the journey for a skinny flat white could not resist a lemon tart…..but nothing to eat since then so kept to under 500cals!

Great yoga class this evening and now tucked up in bed, teeth brushed and catching up on the posts to distract me from any temptations……

@moukinator – hope the knee recovers enough for you to be running again this week🏃‍♀️
    @kaywesterman – definitely a good start to the week – 2lbs down!!!
    @debster251 – nice start for you too by the sounds of it – nice to have friendly scales 😉
    @michelinme – busy day for you – good to hear some self care involved ” yoga & meditation for an hour”
    @annamariav – welcome you have taken that most important first step by joining on this WOL – I do 16:8 every day whether a FD or NFD and it has kept me happily in maintenance for the past 18 months 😇
    @lorky35 – nice to hear from you again – all I can say is we have to see 5:2 as a permanent WOL if we don’t want the weight creeping back up – you have to stay vigilant! Go back to the basics – you know it works! Great advice from @Strawberriesandcream too – I have added you to the pocket list as Together We Are Stronger!!
    @rainbowsmile – good luck with the exams tomorrow – you have got this x
    @daffodil2010 – same weather here in Cumbria – it is so dry everywhere and the level in the lakes are down but what a brilliant summer so far – not complaining at all
    @borealis – Yay for those Size 10 trousers
    @louiseo46 – don’t let the numbers on the scale get you down and undo your hard work – as others have said your weight over a week can vary by 2kgs or more – try weighing in weekly same day every week and see if that helps or use a pair of trousers, skirt or dress that you want to fit into as your measure – I weigh weekly the day after my 2nd FD but also use a pair of favourite trousers as a measure!
    @redrockgirl302 – thank you for the birthday wishes – I’m still celebrating – will do for a while yet I think!!!!!!!!

Even though it is the end of my day here I have added myself to the Pocket List for motivation and took the liberty of adding others who stated they were fasting for support and encouragement 🤗

@daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @anna6
    @flourbaby
    @borealis
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @penz
    @annemarilyn
    @annamariav
    @lorky35
    @at

“Motivation is what gets you started – Habit is what keeps you going”

2nd post

I managed to fast at 800 calories. I’m in bed ready to sleep 💤 now. Good evening /night everyone.

Day 12 UK Fd

Hi all, I am joining the party late. I started last week and did 2 fast days and today is my first fast day of this week and its gone ok. Once I accepted I wasnt going to die of hunger on these days it made it easier.

Usual story, tried every diet going with initial sucess but ver slow and the flubber usually strikes back! I have polycystic ovaries and so find it really hard to lose weight. From what i have read this approach could be the answer.

Starting weight of 85.7kgs
    Height 5ft 2inches so bmi of OMG (35.4)
    Target weight 69kgs bmi (27.8)
    Motivation…. vanity and being able to keep physically active with my family.

Any top tips gratefully recieved.

Thanks!

USA Day 12 NFD

Yesterday was a very successful FD coming in at about 500 calories. Today was a NFD and now the kitchen is closed as Wednesday will be a water fast day. This week is going well! Good luck everyone!

Day 13…NSW Australia…CD

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Cool, clowdy day here – might take dogs for a walk in our gorgeous park. The Autumn leaves
    are still with us in Winter – just delightful!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 13 – Japan – NFD 79.7kg

I weight myself a lot so I know my weight bounces around a lot. For me it keeps me from being hung up on a number. Still the numbers are trending lower over time. Six years ago I was at an obese 106kg. For two years now I’ve been under 90kg.

Taking the weight off is one thing, keeping it off is even a more important battle. That is why I don’t mind my slow fat loss because I’m keep it off so far.

Day 13, Cornwall UK, NFD

Had such a good yoga session yesterday. The body is all stretched and appreciative!

@borealis – your results are amazing – such a big loss.

I’m really struggling with non fast days at the mo, as I just want to eat all the time. Will find my balance eventually but it feels harder this month.

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – CD 1000 calories

B2B FD’s over and done with BUT, it’s very strange,I am bunged up with”food in transit” and even though I have been drinking 3.5litres of water daily and have drank 2 cups of green tea and another of dandelion (normally great diuretics), I have not been going to the loo as much as I would have expected at all!

I was big time bloated on Monday and a little bit yesterday. Scales are not moving due to this, in fact thus morning it was up. I know it’s not a plateau. I have come to the conclusion that the salt and vinegar crisps of Sunday (erm, did I mention it was a sharing bag I scoffed to myself 😈) have dehydrated me or something.

Keep on keeping on. More water, green tea, etc etc. It’s a 1000 calories CD today, then final FD tomorrow.

So @louise05 don’t give up by that scale reading – there are countless reasons why weight stays, goes, remains as is, and most of the time we cannot pinpoint why. Just keep going, this WOL does work – from someone who was nearly 12 stone this time last year to 9 stone now – with all of us together We are Stronger 👍

@ktcaroline… Glad you had great weather in Ireland on your trip, it’s true, it’s all we can talk about whether it’s good (unusual) or bad (normally). Ha ha and I love the predictive text change to Global Weirding 😄

@at Cumbria I imagine would be quite like Ireland weather wise. You are an inspiration having a lemon tart and flat white as an FD. After the lemon tart the sugar dragon would be roaring at me.

@arelkade I love how you are experiencing Autumn leaves while we are coming towards Midsummer.

Right, off to work. Have a super day.

Day 13 – UK – NFD

Busy day ahead so a quick check in – Successful FD yesterday – weight this morning = 53.7kg – 100gms less than when I went away for my long weekend of celebrations – happily maintaining – I just love this WOL 💃

Yoga 🧘‍♀️class again this morning then a busy late morning and afternoon of volunteering – will break my fast when I feel hungry later today – enjoying a cup of tea whilst checking in here then shower and get ready for class.

@rubenesque – Welcome – it’s never too late to join – Read @basyjames welcome on page 1 – tells you generally about these challenges and a useful link attached

Another of my favourite quotes “A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking…….because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wings……BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Day 13, Emden Germany, NFD

Days 7-12 NFD, too busy to read or post

@rainbowsmile good luck today!

Have a good day everyone!

Day 13 London CD
    Good luck with your exams @rainbowsmile.
    Best wishes to all have a good day.
    Ta x

Day 13, Gozo, Malta, fd

I’m starting a pocket list for today.

@anna6

Good luck with your exams today Rainbowsmile.

Ruebenesque welcome to this forum. All you need is to keep on keeping on. Together we’re stronger.

Onwards and downwards, have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 13, UK, FD

All going well and been enjoying greek salad piled on top of one toasted slice of sourdough or rye bread to soak up any remaining olive oil. Going to make some carrot & coriander soup for my FD meal today which is so low calorie, that I can have some rye bread with that too. A dollop of full fat greek yoghurt & a small handful of almonds & walnuts to finish off the meal Yummy!

Onwards & downwards.

Day 13 – UK Reading – FD

Yesterday turned out to be a SAYCIYFD (stuff all you can in your face day). Stress at work made me run round in small circles eating chocolate, toast, and oh goodness, wine (in the evening – not at work …). So trying to be a grown up today and deal with life properly. Let’s do it folks.

Day 13 UK CD

Yesterday was fine, some helpful progress. Huge but healthy supper of steamed cauliflower, Quorn mince and peas. Getting the hang of this focused framework and finding it holds me up – I love structure when it’s helpful.

Full day today so no pondering aloud. Off to spend an hour of yoga and meditation, then crack on with the list ahead of Skype meeting.. Hopefully going out for community event this evening, tiring but balanced day.

@rainbowsmile good luck with your exam!
    @rubenesque welcome!

Today’s a good day to be my best self.

Day 13 NFD Dublin Ireland

Day 12 was definitely a struggle mentally for me but thanks to this forum and the support and advice I received from many yesterday I have woken up this morning with a whole new positive attitude, so thank you!

@michelinme thank you for your support and advice. I really like your fat-suit shrinkage reference it made me laugh. You are so right I’ve made this decision to better myself so I need to trust in the process and keep going I can’t be expecting super fast results this is a long term goal and I want it to last.

@moukinator thank you for sharing. It’s good to know that others are experiencing the same but your positively really motivated me to keep going and trust that this will work. This morning I definitely noticed a difference in my clothes so it really isn’t all about the scales.

@daffodil2010 Wow that is a fantastic weight loss, well done! You have inspired me so thank you for sharing.

@at thank you for the tips. I am definitely moving to a weekly weigh in after my 2nd FD and I have just the pair of denim shorts to try on and check my progress. I’ve had them for as long as I can remember and I know if they are getting looser I am on track. The whole reason I started back on 5:2 was when I tried them on they were a lot tighter than they used to be so I knew I had to make a change!

Day 13 London UK NFD

Hello everyone! I’m a little late to the party but I hope you don’t mind me joining part way through the month?

I started the 5:2 yesterday with my first fast day. I’m 38 years old, and a mum of one, which I juggle with working three days a week. Would like to say it’s baby weight I’m trying to lose but he’s almost two years old so it’s definitely not baby weight anymore! I have 5 kilos(11lbs) to lose which I’m finding so hard to shift. Hoping that by joining you here it will keep me accountable and in check.

Yesterday was my first fast day and it was tough at times, but no worse than I was expecting. I had plenty of water and camomile & honey tea, plus miso soup for lunch. I had a dip mid afternoon so had another miso soup (only 20 cals per drink). Then had a spag bol for supper which was delicious served with black bean spaghetti, as I am trying to stay away from white carbs (my greatest downfall!). Stayed just under the 500 cal mark so feeling really good today. Looking forward to sharing this journey and learning lots from you.

PS please could someone explain what the Pocket List is? Thanks!

Hi all day 13 NI healthy eating day for me

I feel a little off kilter today for some reason – stiff in hips, knees and ankles for some reason. Didn’t get to yoga last night – I usually change at my sons house after work but when I got there his partners mum, who I haven’t met was there so I was a little late leaving to class and they had already locked the door 🙁 I played squash but missed the limbering up of the yoga class and it took ages for me to loosen up. Yesterday’s fast wasn’t as good as I would have liked as I purchased a bag of mixed nuts and intended it take only one handful – who was I kidding! but a few handfuls later – calorie intake was higher than intended but I had resisted the brownies that I carried to give to my son – he got all intact with no bite marks lol.

@borealis – well done you – be very proud of your achievement!

Welcome @beedoo and @rubenesque

@beedoo – a pocket list is a group of people fasting the same day and we list the names as added support to see us through the day. One of our members needed the support and use to print the list and keep them in her pocket (hence pocket list) throughout the day for the times when she felt her resolve was dwindling. Its amazing how it helps one get over a bump just by thinking of the others on the list who are also doing a fast day.

@coda thanks for the explanation and what a great idea!

Hope you start feeling less stiff (maybe some stretches would help?)and have a good day .

Day 13 – CD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

Welcome @beedoo and @rubenesque 🙂

Managed that run yesterday – woohoo! My knee was a bit stiff for the first kilometer but after it warmed up it was fine. So relieved, I hope it stays like this. I still find it amazing how running is as much a mental exercise, as it is a physical one. I left the house with the goal of running 3km and as soon as I hit that mark, my legs literally stopped like “I’m done, couldn’t possibly take another step.” Are there any other runners here who have found it the same?

Fiance made a delicious dinner, we both tried to be good with portion control and put some away in the fridge to have for lunch today….but then we gobbled it up half-way through “Thor Ragnarok”. Would have felt more guilty if we hadn’t gone for that run! Half-teasingly I hinted to fiance that he could work towards the Chris Hemsworth body…he wasn’t completely against that idea 😛

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 13, Cornwall UK, NFD
    2nd post

@ktcaroline – your post made me laugh – running round the office eating chocolate! I too overindulged on the wine last night and had an uncontrolled day after an epic yoga session. And when my OH took a phone call about arranging a stressful family event I went into the kitchen, took out a slice of bread, and went into the garden and ate it! Bad. bad, bad….
    I too am trying to be more of an in-control adult today!

Day 13, Finland, NFD

So I just tried the beginners yoga by Kino on YouTube…I am very unflexible!! But I like her, thanks @cornish-jane for the tip.
    It is a perfect summer day here, sitting on 20 deg, sun shining, light breeze. @daffodil2010 Finland is also having an unusually dry summer. As we had a normal winter, am wondering does this mean coming winter will be horrendous! I am going to try and get in a longer walk today, just have to wait for the kids to come home from day camp.

@lorky35 I hear you that slow weight loss is frustrating, I want my 20 kg to be gone tomorrow. I only hope that slow and steady will help it stay off, I don’t want to be a yo-yo anymore!
    @rainbowsmile good luck, I’m sure you will have done enough to pass with flying colours!
    @borealis congratulations on your success! What a difference. I want to post a similar situation next summer…except my loss will be your start point!
    @basyjames never mind the missed FD, hope you sorted it out with OH.
    @louiseo46 I too am a slave to the scales…so I try and weigh on Monday morning. I generally fast Mon and Thurs, so I figure if my Monday weight is down after the weekend I have had a great week 😉 I avoid weighing after FD cos I feel it is fake news cos it jumps straight back up the next day.
    @moukinator I know exactly how you feel! I am a wanna be runner, and am working my up to jogging any sort of distance. I am sure if I just went for as long as i could i would go further, but I am slowly increasing. As soon as I get to the marker I planned, I suddenly can’t breathe anymore! The mind is oh so powerful!

I am having a FD tomorrow but am working from 07-21 so won’t have time to post, although I read all the posts on my phone. Can someone if they remember add me to the pocket list please.

Keep smiling everyone, cos losers are winners and winners are grinners!

Thank you @at @snowflake56, @dingping and @mitchelinme together with @kerryn73.

Apologies if I missed anyone in half an hour I leave for college and in an hour and a quarter will be doing the last memory jogging.

I think yesterday was a full on NFD, today can’t eat at all.

Need the loo every 10 mins.

📖📖📖📖📖📖📖📖🖊🖊🖊🖊🖊🖊📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝

It’s the tough one today.

Mari

Day 13, London, UK, FD

Late posting today, I’m flat-out at work!!

@daffodil2010, I think we’re twins!!! I’ve been suffering from some ‘slow’ transit issues for about a week now, even though I went straight to the psyllium husk & gallons of water…………… still suffering from THE bloat to end all bloats!!! I’m now blaming the meal out with vino on Friday, the cream cake I shared with my mum on Monday, the increased exercise, the onset of TOM and anything else that takes my fancy!!!

@coda, nuts are my downfall but @dykask says they’re good for the gut, so I have a ready excuse when I overindulge!!!! Well done with the brownies, I would have just licked them to avoid leaving evidence (NOT!)……………. Eewh!!!!!

I must say though, the added exercise has been fantastic for my mental health and in preventing me lobbing the bouncy-bouncy scales out of the window!!!! The emergence of a waist last week has now morphed into the emergence of, wait for it, ……………………………….. Ribs!!!!!! Just above the new waist, I now have identifiable ribs……………………… of course, I have to breathe in, suck in & stretch upwards a bit, but they ARE there!!!! I’m on Day 2 of level 2 of the 30 Day shred and I’m so determined to complete it because the visual results are miraculous even if the scales are taking the you know what!!!!!!!!!! For those who want to know ……………….. NO it doesn’t get any easier, I still think/feel I’m going to die ………….. so I’m still following Anita!!!!

Good luck @rainbowsmile, you’ve got this!!!!

Welcome new newbies ……………………….. Best …………… decision ………………………ever!!! Some advice for when the dragon roars “feed me, Feed Me, FEED ME”……………………. Drown him in vast quantities of cool, clear, clean, life giving WATER!!!!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!!

Day 13, Germany, NFD

Hello All,
    Only have time for a quick check-in. Had my first meal at 1 PM, kinda felt unsatisfied after i ate everything on my plate, but i sticked to my one plateful rule. 20 minutes later i feel completely full, so happy I didn’t continue eating.
    I’m planning scrambled eggs mit hungarian sausage and onion for dinner followed by a little vanille-custard to satisfy my sweet teeth. 😀

@beedoo welcome here, I’m also new and had my first FD yesterday. When do you plan your next one?

ODAAT we can all do this! Happy Wednesday!

Day 13 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Wow yesterday at work was just crazy but it made my FD go really well, to busy to think about food so it turned into a LFD. The rest of my meals this week have been mostly veggies. Feeling really good at this maintenance stage of the game. I popped on yesterday just to read posts to keep me sane.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

Have a great hump day everyone and thanks for all the great tips.

Day 13, NFD, US

3rd day B2B2B, tho yesterday’s planned LFD was probably more like a 500 calorie FD.

Nice to see some new names in the forum – welcome @beedoo and @rubenesque

Day 13 London UK NFD

Thank you all for being so welcoming!

@annamariav My next fast day will be tomorrow as I am going to be in the office (I work three days a week). I can’t imagine managing my almost two year old son on a fast day at the moment!

@flourbaby I have had great success with 30 Day Shred in the past! It’s tough going, but as you said the results are so quick to see. Such a great confidence booster! Would love to get back into it but keep finding excuses not to….

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 938 total)

You must be logged in to reply.