It Works so Don't Give Up…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Expat 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I’ve lost 59.2 pounds since starting the 5:2 this same month last year. My starting weight was 293.3 pounds, I now weigh 234.1 pounds.I’ve reduced the medication I take daily by more than half. I used to take eight pills a day; three for hypertension (two of them twice daily), a statin drug, Metformin for type II diabetes and 1 hypothyroid medication. My morning blood pressure, before taking medication, averages 116/66. I’ve eliminated 1 medication and cut one in half (3 pills daily as opposed to 5). I will take the statin and hyporthyroid drug the rest of my life. I don’t have to take Metformin any longer because the type II diabetes is gone; however, I’ve elected to half my dose because that medication has many benefits.

I’m writing to all of you to encourage you not to give up. It’s a long process, you didn’t become fat in one day so losing the weight slowly will seem like an eternity. That said, I have no loose skin because the weight has come off a little bit at a time. I look ten years younger, my joints don’t hurt, and my global health has improved. Stick with it folks, the weight must come off because it’s a matter of the laws of physics and physiology. Richard

Well done, I hope your success continues 🙂

Thanks. I needed that today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.