IT WORKS!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jossypop 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• I’m not generally one for posting in forums and wotnot, however reading everybody’s experiences really helped me get through the first 3 weeks of 5:2 so I too wanted to shout from the rooftops via this forum. IT REALLY DOES WORK! I didn’t weigh myself prior to starting (was concerned I would be overwhelmed with the number and mostly avoid scales anyway as I prefer to use my clothes as a measure) however, do I regret it not weighing myself now. I have lost weight alright! My clothes are loser and I did weigh myself yesterday and I’m almost at my predetermined, let’s not get ahead of myself, goal weight lol. I only had 5kg to lose and I’m gobsmacked that 6 fasts in and I have lost weight. I’m eating normally on 5 days. Healthy fresh food, but now aware of portion control. I just can not believe it. It’s so easy, I don’t eat till evening and then eat a pre-packaged meal with extra veggies and air popped pop corn later so I’m not going to bed hungry. This is the most amazing lifestyle plan ever. ironically I used to eat like this when I was younger but I never had a name for it. Can not wait to be back in my ‘skinny’ jeans. I’m finding it very difficult not to preach to people about 5:2. I’m sure results will speak for themselves and friends may ask me how I lost the weight and then they will get the full sermon lol. Good luck everybody.

Hello

Thank you for sharing your story, I’m new to the 5:2 fast diet, I’ve just finished reading the book and tomorrow is my first fast day – slightly apprehensive but ready to give it a go.

Thanks again

Hi Jacqui and welcome:

Here is most of the information you need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Jacqui, good luck for your first fast. I haven’t really found them to hard, but I have the luxury of doing them on my days off mid week so can distract myself by gardening, going out or watching t.v. Not cleaning though lol. Today I woke with a headache and general vague malaise but I’m determined not to start missing fast days. Let me know how your first day went? It took a few fasts for me to find what works best, and now I’m in the zone.
    Cheers Joss

Hello Joss

Thank you for the advice and encouragement.

First fast day – ✅. Not too bad actually, surprised myself, although I did end the day with a headache!

I ate what I fancied today (within reason) I can’t believe this is going to work ?

Jacqui

Hi Jacqui, I know, I was like this isn’t dieting. Yet the clothes do not lie. Sure two days a week I’m hungry but as long as i can eat in the evening it wont kill me. (I read a story by an Australian journalist who had stacked on the weight in late middle age and he eats nothing on Fast days! Poor bugger lol, but he has lost lots of weight over the last year on the 5:2) I was really surprised that it works, (me of little faith) but now on wk 4 and every day after a fast it’s another 300-500gms gone. Slow and steady I guess. Keep me posted on how it’s all going if you like. Joss

Plenty of us eat nothing on fast days. And some of us do it every other day! ?

I’m not in that league yet lol, but it will be food for thought so to speak when I’m urging the clock toward first meal 6pm on Fast day

Thank you for posting your results. I’m still a newbie and on my second fast today. I am really praying this works as other “diets” are very hard for me to stick to. Good luck everyone!

Hi Lauren and welcome:

It works if you stick to it – it does not work by itself! Here are some tips that might help: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

So just did my 9th fast yesterday, weighed myself this morning and interestingly the scales have gone up 400 grams. I’m not overly interested in the scales and refuse to let them control my life. More interesting is the fact I have lost further centimetres off my body, and my ‘control’ jeans are fitting better.

Hi Lauren, it really is a case of slow and steady with this way of eating. Like every calorie limiting diet I lost a good amount at the beginning, now it has slowed but I never lose sight of the way clothes fit and the tape measure results. After a few fasts you will find what works for you and then appreciate what you put in your mouth on non fast days. Good luck!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.