Is your TDEE the same whether you're doing the 5:2 or 4:3?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body General health
Is your TDEE the same whether you're doing the 5:2 or 4:3?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TracyJ 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• If it is the same is there a bit more wiggle room with the calorie counting if you’re doing the 4:3 (zero calorie fast days) like I am?

Hi JCC, ‘Wiggle room’ is up to you. The weight loss aspect of this WOE is basically a numbers game and it’s therefore up to the individual how fast or slow they want to lose and how involved they want to get with calorie counting.

Your TDEE is your TDEE no matter what. You decide if you want to give yourself a little extra allowance in light of your zero calorie fastdays. If you’re doing 3 total fasts a week then you’re going to be down by 3X your TDEE per week. I would imagine for most people that would equate to 1-2 lb per week at least. If your weekly deficit is equalling more than 6000 per week (about 2lb) then you may well want to be just slightly more generous on non-fastdays so that you don’t lose weight TOO fast (or make life not worth living for yourself, would be my attitude 😉 ).

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.