Is this a plateau or am I doing something wrong???

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Is this a plateau or am I doing something wrong???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jade Blackwell 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hey everyone, first time posting! I really need some advice/input.

I’m a 33 yr old female and I’ve been doing alternate day, 500 cal fasting for about 2 months now. I rapidly lost about 13 lbs. I know I can’t continue to expect that type of loss. But for the past month, I’ve been stuck at 150. I’m trying not to get discouraged, and tell myself I’m just plateaued. But it seems like it’s been too long and I should be over it.

I don’t binge on eat days, and I get lots of exercise. I’m afraid to start restricting on eat days, because then I think that will make it hard to stick to the fasts. I could really use some advice! Thanks to anyone who reads!

Hello Jude,sorry to hear you’re stuck on a plateau.Are you eating your 500 cals within a 36 hour time span?Maybe try a water only fast.Look up a guy called Simcoeluv ,he hasn’t posted for a couple of years but he has plenty of good advice.Good luck

Sorry ,Jade.

Hi Jade,

Well done on your weight loss.

Before giving you any advice I’ll say I originally lost 68lbs doing 5:2 with 500 calorie FDs and am at present working hard to lose some weight regained since then.

It might be a plateau but the answer might also lie in what you eat on your non fast days.
    As we lose weight we need less food to sustain us and it might be you are eating more than your lighter body now needs.
    It might also be worth cutting down on carbs and see if this gets things moving again.
    I’m not suggesting you stop eating the things you enjoy but decrease the amount/frequency.
    I found eating for example, a smaller amount of potatoes and more non starchy veg and less bread made a huge difference when my weight loss stalled.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it!

Some interesting things happened for me last week: I weighed myself as usual on Sunday morning, and the scale finally moved! 148.6! Idk what changed, but I was so happy. Then a normal day of eating followed, and another 500 cal day on Monday. But on Monday I tried “clean fasting,” having only black coffee and tea until evening. Then I ate only protein. The next morning I weighed myself again out of curiosity, and…..147.8! So I’m feeling pretty motivated right now, and I think my plateau is behind me, for now. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.