Is there an alternative to the Eatwell Guide?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Food Top tips
Is there an alternative to the Eatwell Guide?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Amazon 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• I am having a great deal of success on this diet and on non-fast days we tend to follow a med diet.

My issue is that all the other advice I get from my GP and magazines etc. follows the Eatwell Guide and that seems to contradict what I have been learning in the Michael Mosley books.

Should I be following the Eatwell Plate and substituting whole grains for refined flour etc.? Or does that not go far enough? Do I ban potatoes or eat them in their skin? What about full fat? Or is there an alternative Eatwell Guide that graphically shoes what I should eat and in what proportions because I am just getting confused!

Thanks in advance.

I have an eat well plate and I just can’t follow it. Sorry not to be more help!

Hi Zeffer,

The Eatwell guide needs updating IMHO and the NHS website, GPS etc all need to wake up and change the advice they are giving to what is in line with modern thinking.
    Michael Mosley gives sound advice which is why 5:2 is so successful.

If you are doing well with 5:2 and a Med diet there’s no reason not to continue with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.